TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

We had like a half hour discussion about the BCS ending last night at dinner.   I figure it's either of two things:  One, Saul goes out in some sort of blaze of glory and dies.  Two, he winds up in jail.  Either way, Western storytelling requires Saul to pay for all his crimes.  I don't see him calling the "Vacuum Cleaner Man" again for another exit. 

Yeah, no, there is going to be closure on the character for sure.  I'm just not sure how because there isnt like a somewhat obvious ending that it's building to and we're just kind of figuring out the nuance ie; how they ended BB.  We knew what Walt was up to, we just didnt how it was going to go down.  This situation?  It's so unpredictable.  Does he run, do they catch him, does he have a show down, does he commit suicide?  I mean, it could go so many ways.  I've tried to think back on the series to see if they've hinted at anything but I cant think of anything at all.

All that said, that was really some beautiful story telling.  Just so well done.  Just a brilliant way to show how Jimmy has totally breaking bad and has become Saul and Kim, just the opposite.  Seemingly having a moment of integrity we havent seen from her since the beginning of the show.  In some ways, she became more cut throat than Jimmy.  I loved the Jesse interaction, "when I knew him" - sums it up perfectly.  Was the show being called Waterworks an indication her cry on the bus was her send off? I assume so but man, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, no, there is going to be closure on the character for sure.  I'm just not sure how because there isnt like a somewhat obvious ending that it's building to and we're just kind of figuring out the nuance ie; how they ended BB.  We knew what Walt was up to, we just didnt how it was going to go down.  This situation?  It's so unpredictable.  Does he run, do they catch him, does he have a show down, does he commit suicide?  I mean, it could go so many ways.  I've tried to think back on the series to see if they've hinted at anything but I cant think of anything at all.

All that said, that was really some beautiful story telling.  Just so well done.  Just a brilliant way to show how Jimmy has totally breaking bad and has become Saul and Kim, just the opposite.  Seemingly having a moment of integrity we havent seen from her since the beginning of the show.  In some ways, she became more cut throat than Jimmy.  I loved the Jesse interaction, "when I knew him" - sums it up perfectly.  Was the show being called Waterworks an indication her cry on the bus was her send off? I assume so but man, I have no idea.

Yes, indeed.  Waterworks had the combined sprinkler company where she works and the tears on the bus.  As usual, Rhea stole the entire show, AFAIC.  And Jimmy/Saul/Gene will either be killed by someone or he will be on his way to prison.  He is not the suicidal type, even though he is immensely self-destructive.  I don't think flight is an option that would work for this show, even if he gets to his hidden money.  Time for Jimmy to face the consequences of what he's done.  Gilligan has now inflated Gene's soullessness beyond that of Saul's.  I can't stand him any more which is exactly what Gilligan wants from us here.  .

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Yes, indeed.  Waterworks had the combined sprinkler company where she works and the tears on the bus.  As usual, Rhea stole the entire show, AFAIC.  And Jimmy/Saul/Gene will either be killed by someone or he will be on his way to prison.  He is not the suicidal type, even though he is immensely self-destructive.  I don't think flight is an option that would work for this show, even if he gets to his hidden money.  Time for Jimmy to face the consequences of what he's done.  Gilligan has now inflated Gene's soullessness beyond that of Saul's.  I can't stand him any more which is exactly what Gilligan wants from us here.  .

Funny part about the Sprinkler company, my folks live in Palm Coast!  Couldnt have depicted it better.  lmfao

I dont think it's suicide but it cant be just as simple as, the cops arrest him.  There has to be more.  Like a twist, idk, maybe even Kim coming back as the prosecuting attorney vs. him?  A stretch, I know but it's got to be something like that, right?  Like someone has the last laugh somehow? 

And I hear you on Gene but I think a key moment that shows you Jimmy is still in there is when he couldnt bring himself to hurt the old lady.  It was brilliant moment, after showing how hard he broke bad, I thought.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I literally have zero guess as to how BCS is about to end and I love it.

He self destructs, but without giving away Monday's show for those who haven't seen it yet, he is not .....vicious. There was a point when things went south he did not do something

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

The show started off being about Saul.  Then it swung completely to Kim Wexler and what would happen to her (and if the ponytail would survive, too lol).   Of course, a great amount of credit goes to Gilligan and Gould's writing/directing.  But Rhea Seehorn's work/skill bringing the Wexler character to life is beyond stellar.  And she's a complete doll to boot.  On Monday's after show, I was lost in her stunning light blue eyes and radiant smile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I'm guessing he calls the vacuum man but it seems like he has no money. Also the actor Robert Forster passed away in '19 but that doesn't mean anything either. Carol Burnett has been great IMO and I'm a person who is a little too young to have seen her on regular TV and only knows her from reruns and such. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Totally disagree.  Feel like after a season and a half of searching, it finally has a defined narrative again.  Like, I can actually explain the story line to someone who asks in a sentence or two.

And, obviously, the acting remains amazing.

Man I'm usually one of the last people to try to bring someone down if they are enjoying something but I have to say that hasn't been my experience with the show.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

BCS ending felt like a Sopranos rip to me.

For the record I am an ardent BCS fan ... best show on TV for me.

What is Gilligan going to do next ???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You've seen the final episode?  Neat but please dont share more.  lol 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

53 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You've seen the final episode?  Neat but please dont share more.  lol 

As JiF said, how did you see the ending, Dunnie?  All my family has done since Monday is speculate about the finale.  I pray it's not a Soprano's finale disappointment.

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I'm guessing he calls the vacuum man but it seems like he has no money. Also the actor Robert Forster passed away in '19 but that doesn't mean anything either. Carol Burnett has been great IMO and I'm a person who is a little too young to have seen her on regular TV and only knows her from reruns and such. 

I don't think flight will be an option. That's how BB ended.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

ending is next Monday (in USA)

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Dont know what I watched if it wasnt the ending ... but it was from a guy at work.

DM me the ending (if you have a few spare moments)....I don't mind the spoilers as I haven't really been attached to the last few episodes.

Once they wrapped up the pre-Breaking Bad timeline I've been relatively disinterested in the show.

One of the best Ep 12 moments was in the black & white Gene timeline, when Gene opens Marion's laptop and you see the reflection of what he sees on the screen in his glasses in vivid color from the BB timeline.  Outstanding.  Also, Saul always said he was "a lawyer you can trust" and he backs down when Marion tells him how she trusted him.    Outstanding episode with dozens of little Easter eggs all over  and I'm going to rewatch.   When Jimmy retorts to Kim with "why don't you turn yourself in" I think that was the moment of reckoning for her.    Or maybe it was the Miracle Whip disappointment.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

One of the best Ep 12 moments was in the black & white Gene timeline, when Gene opens Marion's laptop and you see the reflection of what he sees on the screen in his glasses in vivid color from the BB timeline.  Outstanding.  Also, Saul always said he was "a lawyer you can trust" and he backs down when Marion tells him how she trusted him.    Outstanding episode with dozens of little Easter eggs all over  and I'm going to rewatch.   When Jimmy retorts to Kim with "why don't you turn yourself in" I think that was the moment of reckoning for her.    Or maybe it was the Miracle Whip disappointment.  

I loved when Marion found Saul's information on Ask Jeeves.  This after she plugged her phone line into the computer.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Blaze of glory kinda thing you're thinking?

Well I might be wrong because the teaser shows Gene going for his stash, maybe the diamonds from info related to the vacuum guy.

It is known that Walt will appear in this episode.  I think they are going back to when Walt and Saul were locked up together waiting to escape near the end of BB.  I think we will see that scene again with some new pieces.  What else could they be doing with Walt at this point back in the BB timeline?  Looks like Kim is going to be in the episode as well in the Gene era.  I thought the crying on the bus was it.

Man I have no idea how it's going to go down.  Perfect.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Any of you watching Sandman on Netflix? I never read the graphic novel and I have no idea how faithful the adaption is to the source material. 

My wife and son loved the first episode.  I fell asleep, so can't give it an honest appraisal.  They keep asking me to watch the thing so they can continue on, but I remember not liking what I saw before dozing off.

32 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Anybody else not that thrilled about the Saul finale.  Certainly not "Don't Start Believin" level, but overall cold and flat.   Guess I was expecting some bigger twists and moves.  Courtroom scene where Saul clears his conscience was trite.

I really hate being critical of how they end these shows because it's literally impossible to make everyone happy.  Except in the game of Game of Thrones, that was a ******* debacle but otherwise, I typically dont get all bent out of shape if the ending doesnt seem fulfilling or leaves a lot questions unanswered or maybe dosent go how I was expecting.  Sometimes, I enjoy that type of ending depending on the character, like, I had no problem with how the Sopranos ended.

While I understood the why behind what happened in the court room, Saul saw Kim and since technically, she's really the only person left in his life (and the only person he ever loved and the only person who ever really supported Jimmy), he wanted to follow her example and confess to salvage the only meaningful relationship he still has but I agree, it was a slightly disappointing considering how epic it was that he got them down to 7 years for all that sh*t.  In some ways, it gives you that, he's still got it but bring more closure to know he's never getting out but in other ways, it's like, damn, would have a been a little bit more of a hell yeah moment if like say maybe, he took the deal and it ended with the chant on the bus. 

I will say, I did love how they tied together the cameos of Walt and Jesse and that wasnt just fan fair.  I loved bring in Mrs. Schrader.  In the end, it up there with one of the best series I've ever watched and both Reah and Bob were fantastic right down to the last shot even if maybe I wanted a little for flair for the dramatics in the end.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I really hate being critical of how they end these shows because it's literally impossible to make everyone happy.  Except in the game of Game of Thrones, that was a ******* debacle but otherwise, I typically dont get all bent out of shape if the ending doesnt seem fulfilling or leaves a lot questions unanswered or maybe dosent go how I was expecting.  Sometimes, I enjoy that type of ending depending on the character, like, I had no problem with how the Sopranos ended.

While I understood the why behind what happened in the court room, Saul saw Kim and since technically, she's really the only person left in his life (and the only person he ever loved), he wanted to follow her example and confess to salvage the only meaningful relationship he still has but I agree, it was a slightly disappointing considering how epic it was that he got them down to 7 years for all that sh*t.  In some ways, it gives you that, he's still got it but bring more closure to know he's never getting out but in other ways, it's like, damn, would have a been a little bit more of a hell yeah moment if like say maybe, he took the deal and it ended with the chant on the bus. 

I will say, I did love how they tied together the cameos of Walt and Jesse and that wasnt just fan fair.  I loved bring in Mrs. Schrader.  In the end, it up there with one of the best series I've ever watched and both Reah and Bob were fantastic right down to the last shot even if maybe I wanted a little for flair for the dramatics in the end.

For me, the scenes with Marie's emotional speech and Saul talking down his anticipated sentence were the best part of the episode.  Even seemingly trapped in a corner, Gilligan and Gould shone a light back on Saul's quick thinking and gift of gab to flip the situation in his favor.  From the first "interaction" with Tuco and the "Bisnatch Guys", that's what I've always loved about the series: Jimmy's/Saul's ability to talk his way out of anything.  That's why the confession/soul cleansing at the end seemed a tad goofy.   I think it would have been more impactful if even with Kim in the courtroom, Jimmy throws her under the bus.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For me, the scenes with Marie's emotional speech and Saul talking down his anticipated sentence were the best part of the episode.  Even seemingly trapped in a corner, Gilligan and Gould shone a light back on Saul's quick thinking and gift of gab to flip the situation in his favor.  From the first "interaction" with Tuco and the "Bisnatch Guys", that's what I've always loved about the series: Jimmy's/Saul's ability to talk his way out of anything.  That's why the confession/soul cleansing at the end seemed a tad goofy.   I think it would have been more impactful if even with Kim in the courtroom, Jimmy throws her under the bus.  

100%, when he plays the victim, it was brilliant...and he was right, he'd convince at least one juror, for sure.  

This one is tough because in the end, it's stratifying that Kim and Jimmy ended on good terms.  In another, man it could have made for an all time thriller to say like Kim is part of the prosecuting team or something like that, and they go to court and we get to see the 2 of them at their best, doing what they love, being lawyers again but with an epic twist, both are trying to take the other down.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

100%, when he plays the victim, it was brilliant...and he was right, he'd convince at least one juror, for sure.  

This one is tough because in the end, it's stratifying that Kim and Jimmy ended on good terms.  In another, man it could have made for an all time thriller to say like Kim is part of the prosecuting team or something like that, and they go to court and we get to see the 2 of them at their best, doing what they love, being lawyers again but with an epic twist, both are trying to take the other down.

That would have been riveting.   We needed to have you as a creative consultant.  lol

Re: BCS. 

Me and my buddy were texting each other pretty much right after we both saw it. Anticlimactic was the word of the day. 

Agreed with what was said above that you can't make everyone happy here. I guess I was thinking maybe he'd take the 7 and we fast forward to him firing up Slipping Jimmy again. Tiger's stripes and all. Oh well. It's still for me up there with BB, The Wire and Sopranos as one of the best of all time. 

• Sympathy 1