TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Oz is great but I realized how much binge watching changes everything. When it aired weekly, you just got a little bit at a time and it was just enough. When you binge watch it you're essentially watching a male rape marathon.

I watched it irregularly.  Once after a long night we watched it in the lounge after closing with a couple of friends.  The next day we are discussing it our whole gang and one guy is saying he didn't see what all the fuss was about as far as the male rape and brutality that it was kind of famous for at that point.  The other dude had to remind him that there was a long scene involving forcible sexual assault via spoon.

I watched it irregularly.  Once after a long night we watched it in the lounge after closing with a couple of friends.  The next day we are discussing it our whole gang and one guy is saying he didn't see what all the fuss was about as far as the male rape and brutality that it was kind of famous for at that point.  The other dude had to remind him that there was a long scene involving forcible sexual assault via spoon.

The best is being a teenage boy and your mom walking in as Adebizi is raping the mafia dude's son. Makes for a real interesting and not awkward convo around the dinner table.

Where can I watch the first season of Fargo?  Is it on demand, Netflix or Amazon?  Or do I just have to wait it out?  Done with Daredevil and True Detective and almost caught up on Mr. Robot.  I was all psyched to watch Fargo when it first came out.  I watched to first commercial and fell asleep and then never caught it.

No relation, all new cast.

I think the only tie-in is that the young cop in Season 2 is the retired cop that owned the diner in Season 1. 

It's the story of the Sioux Falls case, the story that he told Malvo and his granddaughter at the end of the season. He also says in the next episode that Molly was 4 during this case.

• Upvote 1

Where can I watch the first season of Fargo?  Is it on demand, Netflix or Amazon?  Or do I just have to wait it out?  Done with Daredevil and True Detective and almost caught up on Mr. Robot.  I was all psyched to watch Fargo when it first came out.  I watched to first commercial and fell asleep and then never caught it.

None. It might be on FXNOW but I don't think it is. It's pretty cheap to buy on iTunes, from what I remember.

You can probably get by without having seen S1, but I wouldn't recommend it. Malvo is so good, everyone is to be honest, and the buildup of Lou's character makes S2 a really exciting possibility.

None. It might be on FXNOW but I don't think it is. It's pretty cheap to buy on iTunes, from what I remember.

You can probably get by without having seen S1, but I wouldn't recommend it. Malvo is so good, everyone is to be honest, and the buildup of Lou's character makes S2 a really exciting possibility.

They will rerun before the new season.  I just figured I could watch it now.  Funny thing is that I was really enjoying it.  I was just super tired and the way it moves and they talk was kind of lulling.  I woke up and had 17 missed calls. 

They will rerun before the new season. I just figured I could watch it now. Funny thing is that I was really enjoying it. I was just super tired and the way it moves and they talk was kind of lulling. I woke up and had 17 missed calls.

I'm a diehard Coens fan so I'm very biased on it. But I was really amazed at how they kept the spirit of the movie and that world alive for an entire season of television.

I'm a diehard Coens fan so I'm very biased on it. But I was really amazed at how they kept the spirit of the movie and that world alive for an entire season of television.

Yeah.  I was waiting for that show for months.  It was a Tuesday night and I had only slept about five hours combined on Sunday and Monday nights.  I stayed up to watch, curled up on the couch and made it to first commercial.  Her car overheated and I was not around to respond.  I'm four hours away, so I couldn't have done much, but still.  17 missed calls, dozens of missed texts.  Ugh.  Not may favorite night and I still haven't watched the show. 

I've been meaning to watch this as well, just been meaning to get around to it.

I've seen some scattered episodes...kills me that the guy that's in it is now the Farmer's Insurance spokesperson.

JK Simmons is excellent in the show. Really all the performances by the core cast are phenomenal and the writing the first 3-4 seasons was perfect.

Show kinda jumped the shark after the shocking season 4 finale but most shows run out of gas after season 4.

Outside of Wire and Sopranos no other shows since then have been comparable to Oz in quality. Not even close.

• Upvote 1

It really is quite amazing, Fargo is one of my favorite movies, and it was eerie how they managed to capture the spirit and feel of the the movie into the series. 

Billy Bob Thornton is flat out excellent in this, with Martin Freeman a very close second. 

Saw the 1st episode of Ed Burns'  "Public Morals". A little too cop show cliche, but some decent actors-Michael Rappaport, Timothy Hutton, Brian Dennehy. As it happens, my dad worked with Ed Burns Sr. in NYPD Public Morals in the 1960s, and my father-in-law was drinking buddy of his. Not sure I'd be inclined to watch much more otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

show me a hero is a new show on hbo starring oscar isacc. first episode was slow but really enjoyed the second episode. written by the guy who wrote the wire

I finished Show Me a Hero last night and [SPOILER BELOW]

the ending was devastating, but at the same time it was hauntingly beautiful.  I'm very happy I did not google the story behind the series,  fantastic storytelling that should be required viewing. I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. Politics killed the man. He felt he was doing the right thing and wasn't getting the recognition he felt he deserved. Be it politically from his colleagues, the voters, and even the people he directly helped. He went to their new homes and none of them even knew who he was or cared.

There is something seriously wrong if Oscar Issac doesn't walk away with an Emmy.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71g3Wzgev8U

Edited by Tyler Durden

FWIW, Hulu has the first season of Fargo.

heard it's excellent I'll probably watch it this week.

Don't know if I'm motivated to watch a season of Fargo minus Billy Bob.  He really made that show.

I had never heard of it before. Turned it on for the hell of it and ended up binge watching 5 episodes. It's really really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to be a broken record but Narcos is incredible! Great storytelling, great actors, super hot naked Latinas, the show is the bomb! Totally forgot some of the antics Escobar pulled off during his reign. So many scenes where I was literally like "no way, this had to be added for drama" only to look it up and realize it happened! I think I was too busy using his product during that period to remember it all. This show is a must watch.

I am going to probably start in on that one.  Whenever I catch the trailers it reminds me of that Escobar movie that the kid was supposed to be doing on Entourage.

I know what you mean, I promise you it is absolutely the antithesis of the abomination that would have been. I've seen the whole season, it's really really good

While I think that Mr. Robot is without question the best show of the year, Show Me a Hero is one of the best portrayals of late 20th century local politics that I have ever seen, maybe the best. The two critiques I have are the political narrative was so good that it made it so hard to focus on the stories of the residents. I understand why Simon incorporated them, because there's a real context to so many of the problems that came with the family imposed rules on public housing (i.e. Pruitt-Igoe's single parent rule), but we didn't even realize that's where he was going with all of that aspect until the end of episode 5. I also would have liked to see more of a focus on Newman and defensible space instead of focusing so heavily on some of the resident stories, the planning perspective got short-changed a little bit, mostly only being shown in the context of the sites being a political volleyball. Newman is also way more contested in the scholarship of today, and certainly isn't as widely accepted as the ending credits claim him to be.