Guess it is Florida State's Pro Day

#27TheDominator

Waiting for my connection to Tallahassee in Atlanta I hear some guys chatting about "That kid Dupree, he popped me right in the chest."  "We were doing a mirror drill and he f-ed up.  I didn't go down though"  "He is 270, could be 280 like that <snaps fingers>"  "He's a first rounder, right"  "<shrugs> I think so".  I ask the guy across from me if it is Florida State's Pro Day.  Turns out the guy across from me is Brian Gaines, pro personnel guy from the Texans.  I only figured it out because he told me he went to Don Bosco.  Seemed like a real class guy.  I didn't have a chance to ask him about Maccagnan.  Other two guys were DLine coaches.  Jay Hayes from the Bengals is a giant, Gaines told me "Don't sit near the big guy."  Also Clarence Brooks from the Ravens.  I'm not sure who the others were.  Mostly they just told war stories about getting popped conducting workouts.  Guess they are scouting Mario Edwards Jr and Eddie Goldman pretty hard. 

Gaine was with the Jets. I think Pauline has an in with him.

A Don Bosco graduate and Pearl River, N.Y., native, Gaine began his post-NFL career (he was a practice squad tight end for the Jets and Giants) in the Jets scouting department, learning under general managers Bill Parcells and Terry Bradway. Gaine reached the position of assistant director of pro scouting before heading to Dallas in 2005. He joined the Dolphins in 2008.

Archived