Washington over Cleveland in 5 games.

Awards

AL MVP: Mike Trout, Los Angeles

NL MVP: Giancarlo Stanton, Miami

AL Cy Young: Carlos Carrasco, Cleveland

NL Cy Young: Stephen Strasburg, Washington

AL ROY: Carlos Rodon, Chicago

NL ROY: Kris Bryant, Chicago

AL: I'll go Baltimore winning the east, Detroit winning the central, Seattle winning the west. Cleveland and LAA clinching the wild cards.

NL: Nats in the east, Cards in the central, Dodgers in the West. Cubs and Padres clinch wild cards.

WS: Nats over Tigers in 6. Nationals pitching is just too good.

It can't be overstated the Red Sox losing Vazquez for the year. That's going to hurt defensively and pitching staff wise.

That being said, they are going to mash this season. And they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. The Yankees will be fighting to stay out of the basement.

Naationals will go as far as their pitching will take them, which could be all the way. Probably the odds on favorite right now.

It can't be overstated the Red Sox losing Vazquez for the year. That's going to hurt defensively and pitching staff wise.

That being said, they are going to mash this season. And they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. The Yankees will be fighting to stay out of the basement.

Naationals will go as far as their pitching will take them, which could be all the way. Probably the odds on favorite right now.

For the Red Sox to contend they're going to need to outhit their own pitching staff. That staff strikes fear into no one, at least on paper (you never know who has career years, etc) Porcello I like, everyone else not so much. If Hanley can stay healthy and Pablo hits like its the postseason you never know. What makes you so sure yanks will be fighting to stay out of the basement? Solely health?

Ah, morning.

- Jason Heyward puts up an MVP caliber season, hitting 25+ HRs. The Cards lose him to FA.

- Cubs trade for Hamels and Jake Diekmam before July and Ben Zobrist in July.

- Between Bryant/Rizzo/Soler/Castro the Cubs get 100 HRs.

- Yankees are a playoff team behind improved defense and pitching. ARod hits.

- Harvey, Wright, Murphy, and Granderson bounce back for the Mets. Wilmer Flores hits.

- Pirates take a step back and finish behind the Cards, Cubs, and one of the Brewers/Reds.

- The Dodgers rock out in the regular season. Clearly the best team in baseball during a pretty competitive season.

- Blue Jays make the playoffs. **** Canada from South Park is sung in opponent ballparks and hits the Internet.

- Gary Sanchez breaks out, is a catcher.

- The Reds fall apart, waste a big year from Votto. Find hope in Stephenson and Lorenzon moving forward. The Brewers remain weird.

- The Rays make an interesting trade with the Rangers or Indians.

- College bats fly off the board in the draft as everyone tries to be the Cubs. The Cubs take a HS pitcher, specifically LHP Justin Hooper. Dansby Swanson goes #1 overall.

- Some minor league team goes on strike.

- The Padres fade down the stretch, but are a thing for the summer months.

- The Braves stink but everyone still pretends to like them.

- Rick Porcello stays healthy and throws a little harder this year, but otherwise doesn't get noticeably better.

- David Price extends with the Tigers. Lots of people talk about how no one talks about Jordan Zimmermann enough.

For the Red Sox to contend they're going to need to outhit their own pitching staff. That staff strikes fear into no one, at least on paper (you never know who has career years, etc) Porcello I like, everyone else not so much. If Hanley can stay healthy and Pablo hits like its the postseason you never know. What makes you so sure yanks will be fighting to stay out of the basement? Solely health?

Obviously it starts and ends with the rotation for the Red Sox, but that's true for most teams. And most teams aren't going to have the offense the Red Sox will. One projection has them as being the only team with over 800 runs this season. It's an offensively starved league, and the Sox have it in bunches.

As for the Yankees, they have just as many questions in their rotation, but not with the offense. Who in that lineup scares anyone? The ghost of A-Rod? Teix for 50-80 games? Ellsbury is due for an injury. The Yankees advanced age and injury questions will be their downfall. It's a poorly constructed team.

I really don't know enough about other teams to make any kind of educated prediction. I think the Yankees could be much better than people think. Health is obviously key.

Tanaka, Pineda and and Arod looking good in spring training has made me much more optimistic about this season.

Obviously it starts and ends with the rotation for the Red Sox, but that's true for most teams. And most teams aren't going to have the offense the Red Sox will. One projection has them as being the only team with over 800 runs this season. It's an offensively starved league, and the Sox have it in bunches.

As for the Yankees, they have just as many questions in their rotation, but not with the offense. Who in that lineup scares anyone? The ghost of A-Rod? Teix for 50-80 games? Ellsbury is due for an injury. The Yankees advanced age and injury questions will be their downfall. It's a poorly constructed team.

Let's assume health for both teams, since we can't predict who gets hurt and who doesn't.( I can say the same thing that Hanley will be hurt, victorino, that papi/Pablo are due for an injury etc.) The Yankees have the better rotation, better bullpen and better defense. If the offense can be decent, the yankees will have a chance to contend as well.

Let's assume health for both teams, since we can't predict who gets hurt and who doesn't.( I can say the same thing that Hanley will be hurt, victorino, that papi/Pablo are due for an injury etc.) The Yankees have the better rotation, better bullpen and better defense. If the offense can be decent, the yankees will have a chance to contend as well.

Victorino or Hanley gets hurt? There's Allen Craig and Rusney Castillo.

Papi gets hurt? More rest time for the other players and they still have a deep bench.

We can't assume health for the Yankees because they never have it.

Also, the Yankees rotation is questionable at best and I wouldn't put it ahead of the Red Sox at all. Tanaka' arm is hanging by a thread, Pineda is a mixed bag, Sabathia, looks done, and then it's a couple of question marks.

The Sox rotation isn't without questions as well, but I'd take Porcello, Buchholz, Miley, Kelly and Masterson over tha Yankees rotation. It's deeper, younger, and healthier.

Also, the Yankees rotation is questionable at best and I wouldn't put it ahead of the Red Sox at all. Tanaka' arm is hanging by a thread, Pineda is a mixed bag, Sabathia, looks done, and then it's a couple of question marks.

The Sox rotation isn't without questions as well, but I'd take Porcello, Buchholz, Miley, Kelly and Masterson over tha Yankees rotation. It's deeper, younger, and healthier.

Red Sox Biggest Weakness: The rotation. My goodness. Forget the “they don’t have an ace” stuff. Do they even have two league average starters? Rick Porcello was quite good last year, with a 116 ERA+ in 204.2 innings, but Clay Buchholz had a 72 ERA+ in 170.1 innings. Justin Masterson has an 83 ERA+ in his last 528 innings (!) and those three miles an hour he lost off his fastball last year haven’t come back this spring. Wade Miley had an 86 ERA+ in 201.1 innings last year and Joe Kelly had a 91 ERA+ in 96.1 innings. Also, this group has combined for an 18.0% strikeout rate the last three years, so they miss a below average number of bats. Who’s going out there to stop a losing streak?

Via Mike Axisa, just to give you an idea of how deep your rotation is. Yanks have much more injury risk there's no denying that, but assuming health because once again you can't predict who gets hurt( who would've thought out of all the Yankees pitchers Capuano is on the DL) the yankees staff > Red Sox staff.

Victorino or Hanley gets hurt? There's Allen Craig and Rusney Castillo.

Papi gets hurt? More rest time for the other players and they still have a deep bench.

We can't assume health for the Yankees because they never have it.

This is just silly. If papi gets hurt its okay because there's more rest time for other players? If we're going to play the we can't assume health game, then we can't for Hanley or victorino, wasn't Craig hurt almost all of his time with the sox last year? Castillo is unproven, you should know not to count on him like sox nation did on bogaerts, Bradley jr, etc last year. We already know Vasquez is out the whole year that was a pretty big blow.

This is just silly. If papi gets hurt its okay because there's more rest time for other players? If we're going to play the we can't assume health game, then we can't for Hanley or victorino, wasn't Craig hurt almost all of his time with the sox last year? Castillo is unproven, you should know not to count on him like sox nation did on bogaerts, Bradley jr, etc last year. We already know Vasquez is out the whole year that was a pretty big blow.

It's going to be fun watching you backpedal all season.  Good luck. Your team is going to need it.

It's going to be fun watching you backpedal all season. Good luck. Your team is going to need it.

Did you see my MLB predictions? I didn't pick the yanks to make the playoffs, lol. I'm just trying to show you every team has their "ifs" and the AL east is up for grabs. I can say the sox are going to fight to stay out of the basement just as easily.

No response to the stats I posted about your deep rotation?

Sorry. I'm on vacation and haven't had a chance to look at everything. I think the rotation is deep because they have young guys waiting in the wings. I'm not a big believer in a lot of advanced stats either. I'll look at it again later, but I think the rotation will be fine.

Sorry. I'm on vacation and haven't had a chance to look at everything. I think the rotation is deep because they have young guys waiting in the wings. I'm not a big believer in a lot of advanced stats either. I'll look at it again later, but I think the rotation will be fine.

Hey no problem bro, no need to explain. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

wade miley is an ace  :winking0001:

• 2 months later...

Red Sox have it in bunches!!

Bump

Archived