Stevan Ridley Visiting Jets

Jet9

Let's see. Chris Ivory 636 career carries for 2961 yards 2 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

Ridley 649 career carries for 2817 yards  22 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

If anything, Ivory is a poor mans Ridley with a more massive fumbling problem. Maybe he hasn't been picked up is because he hasn't been cleared

medically after his torn ACL. 

Ivory had 6 rushing TDs last year alone.  

That extra half yard a carry isn't worth much?

Okay, so Riddley would be the same player as Ivory if it wasn't for his fumbling problem. That's absolutrly insane.

Whether or not he is as good or better than Ivory was not the point of the responses, it was that Ridley is not a problem fumbler and it was just a reaction to BBs mania about putting the ball on the ground. No one thinks of Ivory as a fumbler, but there stats show similar rates.  If you don't like ridley skillset, no problem but he is not a jag with a fumbling issue. If it was not for his ACL he would have been the starting rb on the superbowl winning team. and he would be in line for a 3 year 12-15mil deal.

Whether or not he is as good or better than Ivory was not the point of the responses, it was that Ridley is not a problem fumbler and it was just a reaction to BBs mania about putting the ball on the ground. No one thinks of Ivory as a fumbler, but there stats show similar rates. If you don't like ridley skillset, no problem but he is not a jag with a fumbling issue. If it was not for his ACL he would have been the starting rb on the superbowl winning team. and he would be in line for a 3 year 12-15mil deal.

He got benched multiple times before the injury, and it's hard to compare career stats when Ivory barely played in NO due to injuries.

Let's see. Chris Ivory 636 career carries for 2961 yards 2 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

Ridley 649 career carries for 2817 yards  22 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

If anything, Ivory is a poor mans Ridley with a more massive fumbling problem. Maybe he hasn't been picked up is because he hasn't been cleared

2 TDs????

Ridley got more TDs  22-17 with abut the same amount of carries.  But again it is not if he is better than Ivory just that he is not a jag with a fumbling problem.  He is a very good back and is much better than Ivory in blitz pickup. 

Ridley was basically the definition of an average starting caliber back in the NFL.  Read he was about the 15th or 16th best pure every down runner in the league and was young and up and coming.  Underrated blocker and has a pretty nasty burst.

His fumbling issue was massively overblown (he's average in that regard too) it just happened to coincide with a rough patch where BB benched him (he is perhaps not exactly clutch in that regard as most of his fumbles happened to be game breaking).

When he's been healthy he shows the exact production you would expect out of his 2012 season (which was excellent), was playing well in 2014 before his injury and he is basically Chris Ivory with a tiny bit more upside, except for the fact that he now has a torn acl and so his risk is considerably larger.

Its worth it if you get the guy cheap, but then you also know that you aren't going to get any st value and the draft is loaded with backs that may have more fundamental upside.

Ridley and Ivory's numbers may be similar, and Ridley was a good back in 2012, but there's a difference running the ball when the Defense has to also worry about Brady and the passing game, and being the focal point of your offense by running the ball with Geno under center.

When you use your eyes Ivory >>> Ridley

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ridley and Ivory's numbers may be similar, and Ridley was a good back in 2012, but there's a difference running the ball when the Defense has to also worry about Brady and the passing game, and being the focal point of your offense by running the ball with Geno under center.

No one is saying otherwise, Ridley would be a great fit in NY or Miami, I have no idea why Dallas or SD have not kicked the tires. Ivory is in his last year of his contract also.

No one is saying otherwise, Ridley would be a great fit in NY or Miami, I have no idea why Dallas or SD have not kicked the tires. Ivory is in his last year of his contract also.

Ridley 649 career carries for 2817 yards 22 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

The post above stated otherwise, calling Ivory a poor man's Ridley, which is what my post was in response to.

Ridley is a very good rb, he does not fumble that much, about once every 75 carries which is better than average for RB and the same as Chris Ivory.  It is just that BB places a higher value on ball security than most NFL coaches and he benched him for it.

For the guy who question his value due to the lack of interest shown, you have to remember that he can not even run at full speed yet, but should be ready by mid July.

I would change "very good" to "serviceable, if healthy".  He's not "very good".  Never was.

lol_idi_amin.gif

where do you come up with this stuff, man? haha

1,200 yards and 12 TDs two years ago and a lifetime 4.3 yards per carry. You're right, He sucks.

I'd ask where you come up with your stuff, but I already know the answer is weed.

He got benched multiple times before the injury, and it's hard to compare career stats when Ivory barely played in NO due to injuries.

Just to play devil's advocate, but Ivory had to split carries with a past his prime Johnson.

Why isn't he getting closer to 300 carries like Ridley's high?

Just to play devil's advocate, but Ivory had to split carries with a past his prime Johnson.

Lynch, McCoy, and Murray are the only players to surpass 300 rushing attempts within the last two years. It's all about durability in my opinion.

Because Chris Johnson was still effective and this isn't 1995. The days of Emmit/Barry/Bettis are long gone.

Maybe that is what they like.  He is used to running out of a single back where the team is set up to pass.  That sounds like what Gailey wants to do and it is probably a little more of a specific skill than we think.  At least when you consider how specialized every damn thing in football has become

Lynch, McCoy, and Murray are the only players to surpass 300 rushing attempts within the last two years. It's all about durability in my opinion.

Because Chris Johnson was still effective and this isn't 1995. The days of Emmit/Barry/Bettis are long gone.

It isn't  1995, but it isn't college any more either.

If Ivory is your lead back, why not give him the ball 3-4 more times a game and get him to 250 carries. 

I am not saying to make him DeMarco, but let him at least lead.

It isn't 1995, but it isn't college any more either.

If Ivory is your lead back, why not give him the ball 3-4 more times a game and get him to 250 carries.

Hey, I agree with you. I think he can have a great season is he touches the rock around 250 times. The issue with him is he's not a pass catching RB.

It isn't 1995, but it isn't college any more either.

Why not give Ivory more carries to get a round number like 250? Because nobody cares.

Why not give Ivory more carries to get a round number like 250? Because nobody cares.

250 is an arbitrary number.  It could be 240 or 260, but go ahead and lose the forest for the trees.  The point is to have your best RB on the field for more plays.

250 is an arbitrary number. It could be 240 or 260, but go ahead and lose the forest for the trees. The point is to have your best RB on the field for more plays.

Okay and this isn't 1994 once again. Almost all teams go Rb by committee now and that was the plan all along. How could that be a knock on Ivory?

Okay and this isn't 1994 once again. Almst all teams go Rb by committee now and that was the plan all along. How could that be a knock on Ivory?

Oy! I am arguing to give him more.

Archived