Release:

- Babin [1.5 Mil]

- Walls [1.1 Mil]

- Cumberland [1.9 Mil]

Restructure:

- Giacomini

- Ferguson 

Draft:

Trade 6th pick in exchange for 12th and 19th pick to Browns [Assuming Mariota is on board] 

1 [12]: OLB Vic Beasley 

1 [19]: OG/OT La'el Collins 

2 [37]: WR Dorial Green-Beckham

3 [70]: QB Bryce Petty

4 [104]: CB Doran Grant

7 [223]: C B.J. Finney

7 [224]:  OG Jarvis Harrison 

I think if he sits for a year or two he could end up being a quality starter…. and as far as Green-Beckham as crazy as this sounds, having a guy like Decker and yes a wiser and more mature Marshall to mentor this talented kid, could be a recipe for success. And While everyone points to NYC being a horrible place for people with off the field issues, please remember the Jets practice facility is in Florham Park, a small suburb town 50 minutes from New York City. He would not live in the city. 

What does restructure Dbrick mean and why are you doing it and why is he agreeing to do it? And why does Cleveland wait past Washington to make that deal. if the jets are willing to trade Marriotta what team between 7 and 11 will leapfrog Cleveland?

What does restructure Dbrick mean and why are you doing it and why is he agreeing to do it? And why does Cleveland wait past Washington to make that deal. if the jets are willing to trade Marriotta what team between 7 and 11 will leapfrog Cleveland?

Well they could make the trade with the Jets if the Jets call and tell them they are taking him other wise. Slightly less expensive to move to 6 than 5.

the Jets just have to klet Cleveland know that they are open for biz if he's on the board. Washington is not taking Mariota IMO and is not the real concern. If he makes it past 2 the Jets are the guys to worry about for all Mariota lovers.

Well they could make the trade with the Jets if the Jets call and tell them they are taking him other wise. Slightly less expensive to move to 6 than 5.

the Jets just have to klet Cleveland know that they are open for biz if he's on the board. Washington is not taking Mariota IMO and is not the real concern. If he makes it past 2 the Jets are the guys to worry about for all Mariota lovers.

But the team knows that if your interested in trading out, the jets are not interested in him.  Then the only other team they will be concerned with is Philly looking to trade up.  And Chip already said that going up that high is something the eagles can't due.  I can see The browns taking him at 12 but not both #1s. He is not a guy that is going to help them next year and they might as well wait one more year and See what Manziel can do it before discarding him.

But the team knows that if your interested in trading out, the jets are not interested in him.  Then the only other team they will be concerned with is Philly looking to trade up.  And Chip already said that going up that high is something the eagles can't due.  I can see The browns taking him at 12 but not both #1s. He is not a guy that is going to help them next year and they might as well wait one more year and See what Manziel can do it before discarding him.

Yeah.... Cleveland will call their bluff and unless the Jets find a St. Louis or Chicago willing to trade up, the Jets may have to take Marriota. Then, when the Browns pick comes, maybe then the Browns pull the trigger, or Philly(but I don't want to move down that far)

I hear ya but it would be similar to what the Jets did with the Cards for Marvin Jones. We basically told them that we needed a RB and would take Garrison Hurst. If they wanted him they could give us Johnny Johnson to switch spots and we took Marvin Jones.  It's simple really. We express our interest in him and state that for the right price we can talk.  Two number ones and a 3 oughta do it. Hell throw in Troubled Josh Gordon :D

If not we take the guy and show them we weren't bluffing.

I'd rather have Bradford and the Eagles first this and next year though. That would be a pretty good haul.

Extend:

- Wilkerson [6 yrs. 80 Mil]

Release:

- Babin [1.5 Mil]

- Walls [1.1 Mil]

- Cumberland [1.9 Mil]

Restructure:

- Giacomini

- Ferguson

Draft:

Trade 6th pick in exchange for 12th and 19th pick to Browns [Assuming Mariota is on board]

7 [224]: OG Jarvis Harrison

Way over paying for Wilkerson

No reason to release any of those 3 players.

If we could actually trade a 6 for a 12 and a 19 that would be AMAZING. Sadly it's too good to be true. If Cleveland wanted to move up to 6 they'd give up their 12th and a 3rd rounder, packaged with a mid round pick in 2016. It's 6 spots. Doesn't equal out to two top 20 picks.

Also doubt Bealsey, Collins or Green-Beckham will be there in those spots. But I like every player in your draft.

All of your draft scenario is a dream for the Jets and is not realistic.

I hear ya but it would be similar to what the Jets did with the Cards for Marvin Jones. We basically told them that we needed a RB and would take Garrison Hurst. If they wanted him they could give us Johnny Johnson to switch spots and we took Marvin Jones.  It's simple really. We express our interest in him and state that for the right price we can talk.  Two number ones and a 3 oughta do it. Hell throw in Troubled Josh Gordon :biggrin:

If not we take the guy and show them we weren't bluffing.

I'd rather have Bradford and the Eagles first this and next year though. That would be a pretty good haul.

It is just when I see traded picks where the value is no where in line with the value of the pick.  I mean Tenn would do that for the #2, Jacksonville for the 3rd and oakland and the skins for the 4th and 5th. picks. Oakland could probably get Devante Parker and Macolm Brown at 12 + 19. 

That and i don't see Marriota as much more than Locker. And I would not be surprised at all to see him do a Brady Quinn impersonation.

Extend:

- Wilkerson [6 yrs. 80 Mil] 

Release:

- Babin [1.5 Mil]

- Walls [1.1 Mil]

- Cumberland [1.9 Mil]

Restructure:

- Giacomini

- Ferguson 

Draft:

7 [224]:  OG Jarvis Harrison 

Replace him with one of the top rated running backs still on the board and you have a deal. 

It is just when I see traded picks where the value is no where in line with the value of the pick.  I mean Tenn would do that for the #2, Jacksonville for the 3rd and oakland and the skins for the 4th and 5th. picks. Oakland could probably get Devante Parker and Macolm Brown at 12 + 19. 

That and i don't see Marriota as much more than Locker. And I would not be surprised at all to see him do a Brady Quinn impersonation.

This is true.  It's also why Mariotta doesn't get past 2.  It might not be Tenn. but there are teams that want him and willing to give up a lot.  Either Tenn. takes him or Tenn. takes the best trade offer on the table.

There is no way Mariotta gets to 6.

This is true.  It's also why Mariotta doesn't get past 2.  It might not be Tenn. but there are teams that want him and willing to give up a lot.  Either Tenn. takes him or Tenn. takes the best trade offer on the table.

There is no way Mariotta gets to 6.

NFL Draft Trade Rumors: Eagles will trade Sam Bradford to Browns; Flip that for Marcus Mariota

By Jimmy Morris @jmorrisMCM on Mar 31, 2015, 10:40a 128

I am convinced the Titans are trading the second pick.  I have no #sources to back that up, but it just feels like the way this is going.  Ken Whisenhunt takes any opportunity he gets to gush about Marcus Mariota.  Teams usually stay silent on players that they really like.  The Whiz has gone the exact opposite way here.

Also, Mariota still doesn't fit what Whisenhunt wants, and Whisenhunt changes for no man!  Just look back to last season- Zach Mettenberger was out there with a bum shoulder, no offensive line and no receivers, yet he still had him taking 7-step drops without any extra blockers staying in to help.  That man isn't re-doing his system for anyone.

So that brings me to my not-so crazy/crazy theory.  Chip Kelly wants Mariota.  There is no doubt in my mind about that one.  He now has a tradeable asset in Sam Bradford.  Peter King reported in his MMQB column this week that the Cleveland Browns offered the St. Louis Rams a first round pick for Bradford before he was traded to the Eagles.  The Rams didn't like the deal because they weren't getting a quarterback in return.

Kelly doesn't have to worry about that.  He can send Bradford to the Browns (who are still looking to upgrade the quarterback position according to Mary Kay Cabot) for one of their first round picks and then package his two first round picks to move up to get Mariota.  It will require more picks than that, but not as many as it would if Kelly only had 1 first round pick.  So essentially he will end up trading this year's first and third, probably next year's first and next year's second (to the Rams in the Bradford deal) to get Mariota.  That is still a steep price, but not as steep and what it would take with just the 20th pick in his arsenal.

That would give Webster two firsts and two thirds this year, and two firsts next year.  That is plenty of ammo to rebuild a roster that needs a serious infusion of talent.

Archived