Good For Amaro

KRL

How bad was lateness that a rookie who struggled noticed it and commented on it???

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/jace_amaro_rex_ryan_didnt_hold_jets_accountable.html

Jets players are eager to say how no-nonsense new head coach Todd Bowles seems to be.

"He's a very stern guy, a very stern coach," quarterback Geno Smith said, per the team's website.

"Strong-minded, and to the team he speaks his mind," defensive end Sheldon Richardson told the team's website.

"We got to see him up in front of the team [Monday] morning," center Nick Mangold told reporters Monday. "He's got a great passion."

But tight end Jace Amaro, now entering his second season, was the first to draw a distinction between Bowles and Rex Ryan, who was fired after 2014 and is now the head man with the Bills.

In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Amaro didn't mention Ryan by name. But he didn't have to.

"He's not really playing around with everyone being late," Amaro said of Bowles. "We had an issue with that last year. Guys just weren't accountable last year as much as they could be. I think that's the biggest thing. [bowles is] making sure everyone's gonna be 100 percent in or he's not going to be on the team."

Smith had missed a meeting because of some time-zone confusion on the night before the Jets got drilled by the Chargers last October. But by saying tardiness was "an issue," Amaro implied the problem wasn't just about that isolated incident involving Smith. Amaro also implied that compared to Ryan, Bowles won't be messing around.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we know Ryan coached us to two championship games.  BUT those teams had tons

of veterans that knew the value of accountability and enforced it in the locker room.  When 

the structure of the team changed Ryan's lack of accountability was exposed

So much so that they didn't show up for the first half against the Steelers.

Trolling Grade: B-

Think about if we would of had accountability and discipline? We might actually be back to back super bowl champs. We winded up in the same place twice. Glad it played out liked it did though. Jets hit rock bottom and got the best possible answer.

So much so that they didn't show up for the first half against the Steelers.

Trolling Grade: B-

And the Steelers didn't show up for the 2nd half of that game.. Tom Coughlin was very strict and almost lost the team it wasn't till he eased up that they won 2 bowls.. And Mangini was very strict and never won a playoff game.. It takes all types..

Just because it was necessary and obvious doesn't mean it isn't a nice change.  He's not trying to be an anti-Rex Ryan.  He's likely just being himself.

1.  It's easy to say it.  It's harder to do it.  Pretty much everybody says that on day 1. 

2.  Can you believe the response the Ilk received? 

And the Steelers didn't show up for the 2nd half of that game.. Tom Coughlin was very strict and almost lost the team it wasn't till he eased up that they won 2 bowls.. And Mangini was very strict and never won a playoff game.. It takes all types..

Sure.

Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Claiming Rex instilled any accountability in his time here is a fable.

How bad was lateness that a rookie who struggled noticed it and commented on it???

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/jace_amaro_rex_ryan_didnt_hold_jets_accountable.html

Jets players are eager to say how no-nonsense new head coach Todd Bowles seems to be.

"He's a very stern guy, a very stern coach," quarterback Geno Smith said, per the team's website.

"Strong-minded, and to the team he speaks his mind," defensive end Sheldon Richardson told the team's website.

"We got to see him up in front of the team [Monday] morning," center Nick Mangold told reporters Monday. "He's got a great passion."

But tight end Jace Amaro, now entering his second season, was the first to draw a distinction between Bowles and Rex Ryan, who was fired after 2014 and is now the head man with the Bills.

In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Amaro didn't mention Ryan by name. But he didn't have to.

"He's not really playing around with everyone being late," Amaro said of Bowles. "We had an issue with that last year. Guys just weren't accountable last year as much as they could be. I think that's the biggest thing. [bowles is] making sure everyone's gonna be 100 percent in or he's not going to be on the team."

Smith had missed a meeting because of some time-zone confusion on the night before the Jets got drilled by the Chargers last October. But by saying tardiness was "an issue," Amaro implied the problem wasn't just about that isolated incident involving Smith. Amaro also implied that compared to Ryan, Bowles won't be messing around.

I really don't feel bad about beating a dead slapdick.

Sure.

Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Claiming Rex instilled any accountability in his time here is a fable.

When did I say that?? I said it takes all types and you got I thought Rex instilled accountability out of that??  :confused0082:

Bill Parcells on Geno Smith infamously missing a meeting:

Parcells coached the Giants to two Super Bowl victories and guided the Jets to the 1998 AFC title game. Known to play favorites with players throughout his coaching career, Parcells also dismissed any suggestion that Jets head coach Rex Ryan should have benched Smith.

“I wouldn’t have done that because I’ve got responsibility to the other 52 players, too," Parcells said. "And if that player gives us the best chance to win, as long as he didn’t commit a crime, I’m playing him.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/bill_parcells_on_geno_smiths_missed_meeting_i_dont_think_it_was_a_big_deal_1.html

Parcells really held LT accountable?? LOL Well at least his coke dealer did..

Exactly!! Accountability is so overrated! Swagger is really where its at, I miss Rex so much. Worst mistake ever made was the Jets letting go of the master of swagger.

Some parents whoop their kids and the kids still love em. Other parents whoop their kids and the kids hate em or worst, run away from home.  Both got whooped,  why the difference ?

Rex was so under appreciated. The fact that he was so selfless to start Geno in that game. That 4/12 with 0 TD's and 1 int was why Rex had so sacrifice his own beliefs about discipline so that the team had the best chance of winning. The Bills are so lucky to have him.

Rex was so under appreciated. The fact that he was so selfless to start Geno in that game. That 4/12 with 0 TD's and 1 int was why Rex had so sacrifice his own beliefs about discipline so that the team had the best chance of winning. The Bills are so lucky to have him.

I'd say they're just a teeny-weentsy little bit luckier to have him than we are to have you.

This may sound naive, but I am a bit shocked that a professional football player would be late for practice, meetings, etc...

They have two primary responsibilities:  Show up on time and try hard.  If they have trouble with time, they make enough dough to hire someone to wake them up, hold their hand, etc...   And as great as they are, most of them could be cut at any time, unlike some other sports.  It ain't too much to ask to be on time, guys.

1.  It's easy to say it.  It's harder to do it.  Pretty much everybody says that on day 1. 

Yes, but we can't yet fast-forward to the days when we see the accountability going on.  It's just nice to hear it coming from a player, even if it's a non-story.

Exactly!! Accountability is so overrated! Swagger is really where its at, I miss Rex so much. Worst mistake ever made was the Jets letting go of the master of swagger.

Rex was the bully  who couldn't fight. He talked a big game, but when he had to prove it, he got his teeth kicked in.  Do you realized that even thou his team kept changing around him, Rex Ryan never adapted to it. He coached the same defense even thou he didn't have the talent to run it, and blame the players..

Some parents whoop their kids and the kids still love em. Other parents whoop their kids and the kids hate em or worst, run away from home.  Both got whooped,  why the difference ?

And some parents whoop their kid and get suspended from the NFL..LOL

Archived