Good For Amaro

KRL

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst part is that If Woody had hired you they would have won the last six.  No need to look back on Woody's mistake though...time to move forward with Bowles and hope they at least reach out to you as a consultant.

Huh? Where did I ever state that I knew more than the people who were hired for their jobs?

What I did NOT do (until you humorously injected it) was say, if only we replaced x with y, then things would have been sooo different. Who has that luxury? How is that even realistic.

Huh? Where did I ever state that I knew more than the people who were hired for their jobs?

What I did NOT do (until you humorously injected it) was say, if only we replaced x with y, then things would have been sooo different. Who has that luxury? How is that even realistic.

Agreed...totally unrealistic to suggest improving the talent at a position will likely improve performance/outcome.  I wonder why the Jets are signing all these free agents who are viewed by most fans as being better players than the ones they're replacing.  So strange.

Agreed...totally unrealistic to suggest improving the talent at a position will likely improve performance/outcome.  I wonder why the Jets are signing all these free agents who are viewed by most fans as being better players than the ones they're replacing.  So strange.

You went back in history, and attempted to show that history would be changed. How does one argue that? How do you know that x quarterback will perform better than Sanchez, and produce 2 Super Bowls? Who are you, Marty Mcfly?

That is VERY different than replacing current players with new players, where we have yet to see the result.

You went back in history, and attempted to show that history would be changed. How does one argue that? How do you know that x quarterback will perform better than Sanchez, and produce 2 Super Bowls? Who are you, Marty Mcfly?

That is VERY different than replacing current players with new players, where we have yet to see the result.

Maybe we cannot say x quarterback will produce 2 Super Bowls, but we can say with a high degree of certainty that at least 10 or so players would perform better than Sanchez.

Does that GUARANTEE 2 SB's in those years?

In 2007 Brady had a career season with 50 tds 8 picks and the Pats were undefeated.. On the other side Eli 23 tds 20 picks 13 fumbles and a QB rating of 73.9.. When it comes to the playoffs and bowl nothing is written in stone or does the best QB always win..There may be some crying in football but NOTHING is guaranteed.. :winking0001:

Does that GUARANTEE 2 SB's in those years?

Yeah you can't guarantee anything, can only play the odds. It is a reasonable assumption that a better performing QB would've likely resulted in a better result those years. But it's about probabilities, not certainties.

In 2007 Brady had a career season with 50 tds 8 picks and the Pats were undefeated.. On the other side Eli 23 tds 20 picks 13 fumbles and a QB rating of 73.9.. When it comes to the playoffs and bowl nothing is written in stone or does the best QB always win..There may be some crying in football but NOTHING is guaranteed.. :winking0001:

Of course it isn't. Anybody can play the "what if" game. But it carries as much water as sieve.

Now you're lying.

First good post in 2 pages.

Look at the teams that have won.  A 10-6 Giants team.  A 9-7 Giants team.  A 10-6 Packers team that barely made the playoffs.  It happens every year. 

Your words- "Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic."

​While not a guarantee, you certainly seem to be changing events.

Translation: "Okay, you didn't say the things I lied about and I claimed you said, but some of the words you used were kinda sorta close to the words I claimed you used"

All of this over the my statement that a better QB would give the realistic expectation of better play at the quarterback position...that's just pure insanity right there.  Better play with better players?  Never happen.

January 1969, Joe Namath at the Miami Touchdown Club dinner "We're gonna win the game. I think it's realistic.'"

If only Rex's guarantees of a Super Bowl win would have rung true. 

What he should have said is "I guarantee a Superbowl if we only have a bad quarterback". That would have rung more true.

Just curious what did you see in his practices that you felt was undisciplined compared to other teams. I am not sure I would know what an undisciplined practice would look like. Thx

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I'll assume you're not.

I guess I'm not an expert at viewing NFL practices, but I have attended Jets practices for a long time. I went to my first Rex practice in 2010 (the hard knocks year) and I was honestly shocked. Rex strolled around chatting with players, guys were jogging half speed, I swear It was like the dog show in Madison square garden, they paraded the guys out like a show.

It wasn't like anything I'd ever seen before with other Jets coaches. And I can bet it won't be anything like that with Bowles.

But, nonetheless, the product on the field was all the proof that was needed. A great HC isn't interested in being the most popular kid in class.

I thought Geno should have been benched for a half in that game where he was "confused" with the time zone. That would have a sent a message to rest of the team. Great to know the new guy is taking care of this important aspect of team management.

I agree.  It's not as if he would have been bending a difference maker.

Archived