Good For Amaro

KRL

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex was the bully  who couldn't fight. He talked a big game, but when he had to prove it, he got his teeth kicked in.  Do you realized that even thou his team kept changing around him, Rex Ryan never adapted to it. He coached the same defense even thou he didn't have the talent to run it, and blame the players..

I agree. I think Rex Ryan's biggest weakness was not adapting to the talent around him. It was like fitting a square peg in a round hole. He would blitz  despite  weak man coverage in his secondary. Too many times gave up big passing yardage on these types of plays.

No his point was 100% correct.

We have gone through this.  Was Rex playing the same exact D from day 1 last season?  When Antonio Allen was playing Cover 2 style CB, facing the QB and letting guys catch the ball in front of him and making the tackle? Believe what you want.  I will believe what I saw. 

BP always hated Rex even the first 2 years.. To him there has only been 1 Jet HC ever   :love0030:  Parcells ..

Who was an egomaniacal asshead who quit before finishing the job and completely ****ed up his departure. Being a Jets fan and loving Bill Parcells makes about as much sense as rooting for the Mets. 

actually is was insanely inaccurate.

Plays Coples at olb, a guy poorly designed to play that spot.

Sticks the new 1st round safety as a FS who is poorly designed to play that spot.

Plays a box SS as a CB even with developmental CBs' on the roster.

Has poor starting CB's so he doesn't change his D one iota until the team is 1-7 or so and getting torched to death.

That is just his defense.  No need to talk about offense since after 6 years of being a head coach he still didn't dare do anything in that regard because he doesn't know that side of the ball, hates dealing with it and like his old man sees it as an inconvenience.

We have gone through this.  Was Rex playing the same exact D from day 1 last season?  When Antonio Allen was playing Cover 2 style CB, facing the QB and letting guys catch the ball in front of him and making the tackle? Believe what you want.  I will believe what I saw. 

LOL, we had developmental CBs' on the roster, his brain move was moving a box SS to CB and he got KILLED  (as some of us were predicting while half the forum thought it was a great move after a couple practices) .  Allen lasted about 5 games there before he was abused so bad they went to plan B.

The Allen point would have held a smidgen of water if he did not get benched after getting abused badly. 

Never adjusted?  lmfao

He certainly did not until after the team got destroyed.  If you call good adjustments being 1-10 or whatever and then realizing he couldn't play the likes of Allen and Walls as if they were Revis, you may have a point.

LOL, we had developmental CBs' on the roster, his brain move was moving a box SS to CB and he got KILLED  (as some of us were predicting while half the forum thought it was a great move after a couple practices) .  Allen lasted about 5 games there before he was abused so bad they went to plan B.

The Allen point would have held a smidgen of water if he did not get benched after getting abused badly. 

He benched a player that couldn't cut it?  How dare he!!

Who was an egomaniacal asshead who quit before finishing the job and completely ****ed up his departure. Being a Jets fan and loving Bill Parcells makes about as much sense as rooting for the Mets. 

Actually the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years and did.. In hindsight maybe we just should have stuck with BB in 1997 and not done the Tuna deal with Tags and Kraft to get him his release from the Pats..

How bad was lateness that a rookie who struggled noticed it and commented on it???

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/jace_amaro_rex_ryan_didnt_hold_jets_accountable.html

Jets players are eager to say how no-nonsense new head coach Todd Bowles seems to be.

"He's a very stern guy, a very stern coach," quarterback Geno Smith said, per the team's website.

"Strong-minded, and to the team he speaks his mind," defensive end Sheldon Richardson told the team's website.

"We got to see him up in front of the team [Monday] morning," center Nick Mangold told reporters Monday. "He's got a great passion."

But tight end Jace Amaro, now entering his second season, was the first to draw a distinction between Bowles and Rex Ryan, who was fired after 2014 and is now the head man with the Bills.

In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Amaro didn't mention Ryan by name. But he didn't have to.

"He's not really playing around with everyone being late," Amaro said of Bowles. "We had an issue with that last year. Guys just weren't accountable last year as much as they could be. I think that's the biggest thing. [bowles is] making sure everyone's gonna be 100 percent in or he's not going to be on the team."

Smith had missed a meeting because of some time-zone confusion on the night before the Jets got drilled by the Chargers last October. But by saying tardiness was "an issue," Amaro implied the problem wasn't just about that isolated incident involving Smith. Amaro also implied that compared to Ryan, Bowles won't be messing around.

I'd like to thank John Idzik for the draft pick! 

:winking0001: 

He certainly did not until after the team got destroyed.  If you call good adjustments being 1-10 or whatever and then realizing he couldn't play the likes of Allen and Walls as if they were Revis, you may have a point.

2009, Rex Ryan lost his best defensive player (Kris Jenkins) and his most explosive offensive weapon (Leon Washington) - the team finished #1 overall on D and #1 overall rushing offense...but he never adjusted or anything.

You don't have a point.  He played tons of different coverage and the sh*t that they trotted out there got exposed in each.  He did not play Walls and Allen like they were Revis.  Allen played like he was in Tampa, but you ignore that because he failed.  That is on Rex?  Maybe, but the idea he didn't adapt is beyond laughable.  If only Rex had started Josh Thomas they would have had success! 

Actually the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years and did.. In hindsight maybe we just should have stuck with BB in 1997 and not done the Tuna deal with Tags and Kraft to get him his release from the Pats..

Ok then, can I ******* destroy the prick for going into a season in which his team was favored to win the SB with no backup for a 35-year-old quarterback?

seeme pretty accountible when we were going to 2 AFCCG's, how many has Bowels ben too?

That's because early on the team was still somewhat disciplined from the super anal Mangini regime. As time wore on and Rex applied his stamp the team got complacent. Oh, and lets not forget the colts lying down one year during the last game where fans were threatening to sue them for resting their guys for the playoffs. While Bowels has never been a HC, well except for that short stint in Miami where he was an interim HC and beat Rex.

Ok then, can I ******* destroy the prick for going into a season in which his team was favored to win the SB with no backup for a 35-year-old quarterback?

That your 100% correct on.. Also he should have started Ray Lucas earlier and maybe we make the playoffs..

How did they adjust when Leon Washington got hurt?

Right?  It doesnt take any adjusting when you lose your best player on both sides of the ball and your rookie QB turns it over twice a game.  You just, like, stick to the plan, man.

Plays Coples at olb, a guy poorly designed to play that spot.

Sticks the new 1st round safety as a FS who is poorly designed to play that spot.

Plays a box SS as a CB even with developmental CBs' on the roster.

Has poor starting CB's so he doesn't change his D one iota until the team is 1-7 or so and getting torched to death.

That is just his defense.  No need to talk about offense since after 6 years of being a head coach he still didn't dare do anything in that regard because he doesn't know that side of the ball, hates dealing with it and like his old man sees it as an inconvenience.

Developmental CBs?  elohel.  Name them.  They all played, they all sucked, they are all gone.  Bowels liked them so much that only 2 are even still on the roster.

No.  You may not.  You may ******* destroy the prick for thinking that Rick Mirer was capable for running an NFL team.

That's because early on the team was still somewhat disciplined from the super anal Mangini regime. As time wore on and Rex applied his stamp the team got complacent. 

Ya got to love it..LOL So Mangini gets the credit for the 2 AFCCG runs?? Meanwhile the QB's Mangini had was Chad and Farve but Rex had Buttfumbler the magnificent.. And of course Mangini took his expertise to the Browns where he had 2 disciplined 5-11 seasons and was canned.. 

Developmental CBs?  elohel.  Name them.  They all played, they all sucked, they are all gone.  Bowels liked them so much that only 2 are even still on the roster.

No.  You may not.  You may ******* destroy the prick for thinking that Rick Mirer was capable for running an NFL team.

******* a$$hole pooches a season in which his team is a legit SB contender by not having a plan at QB beyond Vinny Testaverde. I'm pretty sure Rex would NEVER be that irresponsible. 

2 things.

I don't have to tell anyone my CBs is a problem, all I gotta do is start a SS at CB and everyone will get it. 

Why on earth would I enter a Geo Metro in a NASCAR race and hope to win ?

Because the Geo Metro is all you have to race with and you don't want to just give up on the race because you don't have a better car?

******* a$$hole pooches a season in which his team is a legit SB contender by not having a plan at QB beyond Vinny Testaverde. I'm pretty sure Rex would NEVER be that irresponsible. 

Mark Brunell FTMFW!

If Jimmy Johnson had to deal with Idzik, he'd be in an alley sucking dick for quarters right now

He's not?

Archived