Good For Amaro

KRL

He also had 11 INT's in just 309 throws with a supposed QB whisperer as his HC.  This represented a higher INT/ATT ratio (3.6 %) than his 2010 (2.6) and 2011 (3.3) seasons.  Sanchez sucks.  It's not a reason to defend Rex, but he sucks nonetheless.

Not the worst QB in the league, none the less. I was particularly speaking to the 2009-2010 seasons in question

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2009 and 2010 Sanchez was not close to the worst qb in the league, in terms of stats. 2010 was actually a good year for him.

After that, he progressively got worse. Maybe it was the mentors, that they gave him.

In fact, last year, I believe Sanchez broke the Eagles record for season completion percentage. 

We all have our own definition of "good".  More turnovers than TD's and a sub 55% comp pct does not meet mine.

He had a nice first month of the season (8 TD/ 0 INT)

Then he was exposed from there (9 TD's/ 13 INT's)...horrible.

To each his own.

I understand Martin's role in history. Just making sure you understand Rex's also. Both ran their course.

Then again, as I said earlier, you were pumping Lamont Jordan, weren't you at the time? ;)

Jordan avg around 4 carries a game in his time with the Jets.. I never thought he should have been a 25 carry a game back but then I never liked a 1 back system.. I always preferred a Snell/Boozer,Riggens/ Boozer, Freeman /Hector, Jones/Greene or LT/Greene rotation better..

We all have our own definition of "good".  More turnovers than TD's and a sub 55% comp pct does not meet mine.

He had a nice first month of the season (8 TD/ 0 INT)

Then he was exposed from there (9 TD's/ 13 INT's)...horrible.

To each his own.

Reiterating my point, which countered your endorsement of Sanchez as the "worst" qb in the league in 2009-10. Simply not true. Not close to true in 2010. 

"Good" is a relative term. "Worst" is not. And Sanchez did not represent that.

Am I saying he should still be a Jet-NO!. But let's not re-write history either.

Jordan avg around 4 carries a game in his time with the Jets.. I never thought he should have been a 25 carry a game back but then I never liked a 1 back system.. I always preferred a Snell/Boozer,Riggens/ Boozer, Freeman /Hector, Jones/Greene or LT/Greene rotation better..

Some runners thrive with a workload (Riggins) and want the ball continually, while you spot some RB's differently. No RB, like people are the same.

When temas tried to give the ball to Jordan, he just broke down., He was always an injury waiting to happen. I know you think it helps a team when a hurt player sits, but to each his own

Reiterating my point, which countered your endorsement of Sanchez as the "worst" qb in the league in 2009-10. Simply not true. Not close to true in 2010. 

Am I saying he should still be a Jet-NO!. But let's not re-write history either.

Okay, I'll play along.  Let's be generous and say that he was only among the very worst.  Still amazing to sniff the playoffs under those conditions, let alone almost go to the SB. 

2009/2010 totals for Sanchez....

29 TD's/47 turnovers 54% comp pct.

Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic.  Sadly for the Jets a bad QB wasn't attainable so we had to settle for watching horrific.

Look I think Rex should have gone with Tanny my problem is trashing just everything he did.. Rex should have fought to get a decent NFL QB but according to Woody he was silent at owner GM meetings..

Rex did fight for a QB, but that QB was Mark Sanchez. He made his own bed every step of the way. Guy is a loser with a losing record who drove the franchise into the dirt.

Some runners thrive with a workload (Riggins) and want the ball continually, while you spot some RB's differently. No RB, like people are the same.

When temas tried to give the ball to Jordan, he just broke down., He was always an injury waiting to happen. I know you think it helps a team when a hurt player sits, but to each his own

True I think a healthy player should start over a injured one so shoot me..LOL

Not the worst QB in the league, none the less. I was particularly speaking to the 2009-2010 seasons in question

Who was worse?  An article came out after 2012 saying only Joey Harrington was statistically worse over a 4-year period in NFL history.

Okay, I'll play along. Let's be generous and say that he was only among the very worst. Still amazing to sniff the playoffs under those conditions, let alone almost go to the SB.

Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic. Sadly for the Jets a bad QB wasn't attainable so we had to settle for watching horrific.

Stop. Sanchez has a QB rating of 91 in the playoffs.

Okay, I'll play along.  Let's be generous and say that he was only among the very worst.  Still amazing to sniff the playoffs under those conditions, let alone almost go to the SB. 

Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic.  Sadly for the Jets a bad QB wasn't attainable so we had to settle for watching horrific.

Have you ever looked at the numbers that Sanchez posted in the playoffs in 2009-2010? 60%+ completions, 9TD to 3 INTs.

To mindlessly regurgitate "A bad QB on those teams and the SB is realistic", doesn't account that Sanchez was at least "good" in those games. No guarantee that any other QB does better or takes the Jets to the SB.

If you want a scapegoat in 2010, look at Rex's defensive 1st half in Pittsburgh. First drive tells you everything you need to know

Forget the rest.  That statement borders on insanity.

2009 was the same team that was dominant at times in 2008, sans a broken down Favre. They were a talented veteran team that had to back into the playoffs with Indy benching its starters.

2010 the team was LOADED. And if you look at all the losses that year, only the NE games were we outplayed.

2011 forward has been a disaster

Who was worse?  An article came out after 2012 saying only Joey Harrington was statistically worse over a 4-year period in NFL history.

Sanchez actually had better numbers than Brett Favre in 2010>

Again, I am speaking 2009-2010.

After that, Rex had screwed up the QB position, the offense, and offensive coordinators, that God himself would have had his head spinning,.

After that, Rex had screwed up the QB position, the offense, and offensive coordinators, that God himself would have had his head spinning,.

No.  Even with a torn bicep the final 5 games Favre still completed over 65 % of his throws on the season.  Sanchez completed under 55 % with superior weapons.

And you weren't talking just 2009-10.  You were also talking about last year in Philly, where he still sucked. 

Rex and Sanchez sucked.  They're both gone now.  Let it go.

No.  Even with a torn bicep the final 5 games Favre still completed over 65 % of his throws.  Sanchez completed under 55 % with superior weapons.

And you weren't talking just 2009-10.  You were also talking about last year in Philly, where he still sucked. 

Rex and Sanchez sucked.  They're both gone now.  Let it go.

Show the entire numbers for Sanches vs Favre in 2010. Go ahead. Is completion percentage the only criteria you will use?

Listen, I hate defending Sanchez, but some of the re-writes of history are laughable

Check Favre's numbers in 2009.  Think the Jets might have done more damage with him in 2009?  As for the original point of this thread, remember when task master Mangini let Favre do whatever he wanted because the offense was too complicated for Mr. Dick Pic? 

As for the 2010 team being stacked and not being "outplayed" except by the Pats, that team lost one game where they scored more than 10 points.  I agree that we can blame the failure to improve the offense on Rex, but c'mon.  That was Sanchez.  Every one of those games except the Bears.  You can blame the Pats game and the Bears game on the D, but 0-9 to the Pack?  9-10 to the Ravens and 6-10 to the 'phins?  Ugh.

Show the entire numbers for Sanches vs Favre in 2010. Go ahead. Is completion percentage the only criteria you will use?

I absolutely will ignore it as long as you continue to ignore a torn bicep in his throwing arm.  Come on man.  Dude was completing over 70 % of his throws and had 20 TD's/13 INT's before the injury.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best Jet QB we've had in franchise history.

Have you ever looked at the numbers that Sanchez posted in the playoffs in 2009-2010? 60%+ completions, 9TD to 3 INTs.

To mindlessly regurgitate "A bad QB on those teams and the SB is realistic", doesn't account that Sanchez was at least "good" in those games. No guarantee that any other QB does better or takes the Jets to the SB.

If you want a scapegoat in 2010, look at Rex's defensive 1st half in Pittsburgh. First drive tells you everything you need to know

Sanchez was every bit as bad as that defense but no blame there...Rex's defense was the reason why Sanchez threw for 17 yards, right?

Listen, I hate defending Sanchez, but some of the re-writes of history are laughable

That was 2 years later.  I'm not sure how it is germane to the conversation;   The 2008 Jets had a better roster than the 2009 Jets.  Period.  Now I will hear, blah, blah, blah backed in, rested their starters etc.  The lost the Dolphins game solely because Danny Woodhead can't contain on kickoff cover.  They gave up 104 yards of offense and gave up 30 points because of a fumble return and two kickoff return TDs.  

Stop. Sanchez has a QB rating of 91 in the playoffs.

Wait....I thought he sucked because Rex damaged him and didn't know anything about football and ignored his offense...yet somehow, his buttfumbling buffoon QB played dramatically BETTER in the post-season? Strange.

My original point stated that most teams would not sniff (ie: make) the playoffs with a QB completing 54% of their passes while turning it over more often that getting in the end zone. Somehow, despite the fact that the Jets managed to lose three games in which the defense gave up 10 or fewer points (that's gotta' be some kind of record) in 2010, they still made the playoffs. Despite the horrible QB play....far from being because of it.

How many points did Sanchez score for Pittsburgh in that first half? Even when Rex's defense was at its worst for one half of football, they gave up 17 points...then came out and pitched a shutout in the second half. Inexcusable stuff right there.

Check Favre's numbers in 2009.  Think the Jets might have done more damage with him in 2009?  As for the original point of this thread, remember when task master Mangini let Favre do whatever he wanted because the offense was too complicated for Mr. Dick Pic? 

As for the 2010 team being stacked and not being "outplayed" except by the Pats, that team lost one game where they scored more than 10 points.  I agree that we can blame the failure to improve the offense on Rex, but c'mon.  That was Sanchez.  Every one of those games except the Bears.  You can blame the Pats game and the Bears game on the D, but 0-9 to the Pack?  9-10 to the Ravens and 6-10 to the 'phins?  Ugh.

We will never know.

The thing that got me was AFJF playing the "pixie dust" game of moving player "x" into team "y" position, and voila, SB trophy.

Sanchez actually had a heck of playoff numbers in 2009-2010. Without Sanchez maybe the Jets do not get past first round. Who knows

Yeah, but your not accounting for dropped interceptions. I read on this forum that the only reason Sanchez wasnt the worst QB in the history of the NFL was becuase he had the benefit of far more dropped int's than any other QB by a factor of about 25.

We will never know.

The thing that got me was AFJF playing the "pixie dust" game of moving player "x" into team "y" position, and voila, SB trophy.

Sanchez actually had a heck of playoff numbers in 2009-2010. Without Sanchez maybe the Jets do not get past first round. Who knows

I don't understand how this is so lost on Jets fans, particularly the Rex fans. Rex was horrid in 12, but by that point as you correctly pointed out, Rex had completed his demoltion of the offense and the destruction of sanchez was completed by then.

Sanchez also engineered at least 4 GW drives after the vaunted Rex D sh*t its pants late in games that year. Off the top of my head I remember Texans, Broncos, Lions, Browns, and there may have been one more.

11 and 12 were an absolute abomination, but many people should share the blame for that putrid offense, Sanchez being one of them, but not the only one. What Rex did with the offense after 10 was an absolute disgrace. I remember bitching on a forum at the time before the 11 season started that Rex was making huge mistakes, and I was laughed at. Anyone who watched Sanchez play in 09 and 10, and expected him to carry that offense they gave him in 11 was either blind or retarded, or both. Rex let the oline go to crap, let two of his best WR's go, replaced them with terrible charactor over the hill players who were out of the league the following year, and then asked him to pass more than ever before.

Rex should have been fired after 11, the fact that he survived 12 was disgusting. The fact that a single Jet fan can sit here and defend Rex after the past 4 years is beyond me.

Or liking the 09-10 seasons it's the ISIS mentality hate Rex or die..LOL

Rex was a breath of fresh air...but like many, he simply proved to be ill equipped to build a team long term and work with the GM to help him do so.

In Hard Knocks...he looked like a child.

Wait....I thought he sucked because Rex damaged him and didn't know anything about football and ignored his offense...yet somehow, his buttfumbling buffoon QB played dramatically BETTER in the post-season? Strange.

My original point stated that most teams would not sniff (ie: make) the playoffs with a QB completing 54% of their passes while turning it over more often that getting in the end zone. Somehow, despite the fact that the Jets managed to lose three games in which the defense gave up 10 or fewer points (that's gotta' be some kind of record) in 2010, they still made the playoffs. Despite the horrible QB play....far from being because of it.

How many points did Sanchez score for Pittsburgh in that first half? Even when Rex's defense was at its worst for one half of football, they gave up 17 points...then came out and pitched a shutout in the second half. Inexcusable stuff right there.

17 points in a half on defense? 

Give that man a Snoopy Bowl

Archived