Jets unplugged 4/13

Dcat

I highly doubt the Jets have our accounts coded by race anyway, lol. And I have 3 separate accounts set up with different email addresses, 2 high price club psl and 1 lower level corner low price psl. I was invited through the cheap psl account.

Good to know. Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXCELLENT report! Thank you, Dcat, and thank you to everyone weighing in. Great stuff!

One q - you/they were saying 1 spot per tailgater is too hard to enforce? I always wondered why they didn't at least try. I know I am outing myself as a lame old man. I love me some tailgating and I have no issue with the big tailgates. Just hate driving around past like half the spots being held.

One note - I am still in 135 and I was invited (but couldn't make it). Still supports the theory of asking people who paid a lot....though I didn't pay *quite* as much :)

Unrelated note since I bought it up - I moved one row back and a couple seats closer to the 50. Now I am in top row which I love (I can stand all game if I want....not that I want to, but I love the choice). And I am now 3 seats off the aisle closer to 137.

I had asked the jets if anything was better a few years in a row but not the last year or so. This year someone proactively called me saying they saw a note on my account. I think that might be true but I also wonder if they had someone who wanted 4 in a row or something, and maybe they found a win-win

One note - I am still in 135 and I was invited (but couldn't make it). Still supports the theory of asking people who paid a lot....though I didn't pay *quite* as much :)

Unrelated note since I bought it up - I moved one row back and a couple seats closer to the 50. Now I am in top row which I love (I can stand all game if I want....not that I want to, but I love the choice). And I am now 3 seats off the aisle closer to 137.

I had asked the jets if anything was better a few years in a row but not the last year or so. This year someone proactively called me saying they saw a note on my account. I think that might be true but I also wonder if they had someone who wanted 4 in a row or something, and maybe they found a win-win

That's awesome.  Very nice.  We have to finally meet up. We've been sitting in the same and now adjacent section for several years and have not introduced ourselves.

I highly doubt the Jets have our accounts coded by race anyway, lol. And I have 3 separate accounts set up with different email addresses, 2 high price club psl and 1 lower level corner low price psl. I was invited through the cheap psl account.

I agree. I have the cheapest PSL possible. Two seats at the $2,500 PSL and I was invited.

agreed.  Yes I was in row 5 a little left of center.  I made the comment about the loudspeaker noise preventing any organic chant from ever happening and the rewards program comments too.  A couple of others as well.  

I would have introduced myself, but don't know what you look like.  I saw a couple of people with the name "Phil" on his name tag.  I guess that was you on the field having pictures taken with your son?  Didn't want t interrupt.

I was invited but couldn't attend.

Thank you for taking the baton on the PA Noise issue, I've been mentioning it in email surveys for years.  Glad the Tailgate Free Parking Lot also came up.

SAR I

just looking through my photos and I was wrong. There were a couple of black attendees. My bad. Sorry everyone for the misinformation. Still, the audience was in no way a representative sample of actual game day attendance.

The audience was almost entirely old, white, well dressed PSL holders? Who could've possibly seen that coming?

Nice writeup. Thank you for your thorough report.

When did you get season tickets?

There was 50 people there. I think it is safe to assume that a lot of people weren't invited. :)

just in jan. called the day after rex was fired. went through a break up so i needed a way to still go to games 

The audience was almost entirely old, white, well dressed PSL holders? Who could've possibly seen that coming?

Nice writeup. Thank you for your thorough report.

For the record, I don't agree with that part of DCat's writeup. It is silly to even talk about imo, but this was not a group that was targeted based on race or anything like that. DCat I believe has already amended that part of his recap.

just in jan. called the day after rex was fired. went through a break up so i needed a way to still go to games 

Oh wow. Sorry about the break up. But awesome on the tickets, that part is great news!

For the record, I don't agree with that part of DCat's writeup. It is silly to even talk about imo, but this was not a group that was targeted based on race or anything like that. DCat I believe has already amended that part of his recap.

You guys are  misinterpreting and now distorting what I posted.  I thought I was pretty clear when I said that it was nothing intentional or targeted.  Just interesting that the attendee group was not at all a representative sample of what you see on game day.  including age, race, etc.  You'd think if the invites were truly random, you would get a broader cross section, a lot closer to what you actually see in all the PSL sections in the end zones, corners sidelines and Mezz.  That group was certainly not.  With about 60 attendees, and probably many more invites that couldn't attend, one would expect it to be just a bit closer to actuality.  It was a minor point, but something I noticed.  At other Jets events, there has been much more diverse groups.  I just find it interesting that this one was different.  

You guys are  misinterpreting and now distorting what I posted.  I thought I was pretty clear when I said that it was nothing intentional or targeted.  Just interesting that the attendee group was not at all a representative sample of what you see on game day.  including age, race, etc.  You'd think if the invites were truly random, you would get a broader cross section, a lot closer to what you actually see in all the PSL sections in the end zones, corners sidelines and Mezz.  That group was certainly not.  With about 60 attendees, and probably many more invites that couldn't attend, one would expect it to be just a bit closer to actuality.  It was a minor point, but something I noticed.  At other Jets events, there has been much more diverse groups.  I just find it interesting that this one was different.  

They scheduled it on a Monday night at 6PM, a more diverse crowd may have been invited but methinks the only ones who could make it were older guys from NJ who are retired or at a level where they could leave work quite early.  If they wanted youngsters from urban neighborhoods in Manhattan or Queens or Staten Island, Florham Park on a Monday isn't going to happen.

SAR I

They scheduled it on a Monday night at 6PM, a more diverse crowd may have been invited but methinks the only ones who could make it were older guys from NJ who are retired or at a level where they could leave work quite early.  If they wanted youngsters from urban neighborhoods in Manhattan or Queens or Staten Island, Florham Park on a Monday isn't going to happen.

SAR I

good point!  Again, no one ever claimed the lack of diversity was intentional or even a bad thing.  All I said is that it stood out when you scanned the audience.  

I didn't distort what you wrote, I was clarifying that I disagreed that the group was all white. That was my point.

This is silly to even discuss though. 

Your recap was excellent, thanks again for posting it.

I was invited but couldn't attend.

Thank you for taking the baton on the PA Noise issue, I've been mentioning it in email surveys for years.  Glad the Tailgate Free Parking Lot also came up.

SAR I

It came up when Glat was talking about how they try to rejigger things to enhance the gameday experience and sometimes it doesn't work, like the directed parking they tried. It didn't seem to be something they were really considering trying, especially after the admitted failed directed parking fiasco where Neil recounted getting crap in the lot that day when fans made it known it was a bad idea. He also seemed to enthusiastically agree when the point that tailgate free lots already exist. It also seemed that they were going to pretty much waive the white flag at the one-car-one-spot policy, which would mean they are going more pro-tailgate and not anti-tailgate.

It really doesn't effect me and what I do as I don't take up parking spots, heck making it harder for people to tailgate would probably lead to more people joining us, but I understand it is an important tradition and part of NFL fandom and gameday experience so I spoke up to further the cause of tailgating for everyone.

It came up when Glat was talking about how they try to rejigger things to enhance the gameday experience and sometimes it doesn't work, like the directed parking they tried. It didn't seem to be something they were really considering trying, especially after the admitted failed directed parking fiasco where Neil recounted getting crap in the lot that day when fans made it known it was a bad idea. He also seemed to enthusiastically agree when the point that tailgate free lots already exist. It also seemed that they were going to pretty much waive the white flag at the one-car-one-spot policy, which would mean they are going more pro-tailgate and not anti-tailgate.

It really doesn't effect me and what I do as I don't take up parking spots, heck making it harder for people to tailgate would probably lead to more people joining us, but I understand it is an important tradition and part of NFL fandom and gameday experience so I spoke up to further the cause of tailgating for everyone.

Just got a survey from the Jets a few minutes ago, they were asking opinions on the fan experience.  Tailgate-free lots were on there.  Getting rid of the J-E-T-S chant was on there.  One-car-one-spot and directed-in parking were on there.  Overload of the video boards and noise/distraction was on there (sort of).

It's good that the team is listening to fans and trying to get it right.  That said, I've taken about a dozen of these surveys now and said the same thing each time and nothing has materialized.

The indoor lot is a mess, it reeks of urine, it's a crime risk, and the traffic backs up significantly.  If a tailgate-free option were executed, would have to be outdoors to be effective, the indoor lot is out of the question.

SAR I

Just got a survey from the Jets a few minutes ago, they were asking opinions on the fan experience.  Tailgate-free lots were on there.  Getting rid of the J-E-T-S chant was on there.  One-car-one-spot and directed-in parking were on there.  Overload of the video boards and noise/distraction was on there (sort of).

It's good that the team is listening to fans and trying to get it right.  That said, I've taken about a dozen of these surveys now and said the same thing each time and nothing has materialized.

The indoor lot is a mess, it reeks of urine, it's a crime risk, and the traffic backs up significantly.  If a tailgate-free option were executed, would have to be outdoors to be effective, the indoor lot is out of the question.

SAR I

Things have materialized from these surveys. Your opinion is just in the minority, which is what I have been trying to tell you, lol.

Here's an article from the Jets site.  Has about 30 pics, a lot of fan shots.  Looks like a pretty balanced crowd 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Fans-Enjoy-Unique-Evening-of-Jets-Unplugged-/93bf1d92-e7f8-4150-9ce0-83118c4d4854

GO RANGERS

Thanks for posting!  This quote from the article allays my concerns:

The fans represented all the different sections in MetLife Stadium — 300-level, PSL and Club Holders. They hailed from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, and they came aboard as Jets Season Ticket Holders from 1977 through the last few seasons.

INVESTMENT GOLD!!!

PSL's are the best thing that ever happened to me, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was on the season ticket waitlist from 1988-2001, blocked from buying the good seats and after 13 years of patiently waiting was eventually offered horrible nosebleeds.  The "investment" pays back each week that I sit in a great location with my family. 

If you want a group of people to punish, it's not the PSL owners who spent their money; it's the old-timers that went to the upper deck when we were AFC Championship Runners-Up and then quit on the team outright the minute things went south.  They're easy to spot; they'll be returning to the fold now that we're relevant again, look for the Favre jerseys and the Zubas.

SAR I

Just received a gift from the Jets for having attended the Unplugged event:  

a pair of Jets STH caps with Section # stitched on the back.  

Very nice.  Many thanks to Nadege and the rest of the Jets event organizers for a job well done!

Jets%20caps_zpsh7og1a81.jpg

By the way, the Jets just sent out the invite for the next "Town Hall" on Wednesday, May 13th, which will be held at Hofstra.  Bowles, Mac and Glat to sit on the panel, again moderated by Wischusen, with Woody giving opening remarks.  Great opportunity for you Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn fans to participate.  It's not an open house, so you need to get tickets by responding to the invite, that is if you were selected for an invite. 

By the way, the Jets just sent out the invite for the next "Town Hall" on Wednesday, May 13th, which will be held at Hofstra.  Bowles, Mac and Glat to sit on the panel, again moderated by Wischusen, with Woody giving opening remarks.  Great opportunity for you Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn fans to participate.  It's not an open house, so you need to get tickets by responding to the invite, that is if you were selected for an invite. 

I just got the invite, wish it was in NJ, as from Sussex County I'm looking at a 2 hour drive, but it's good for the NY fans. 

I just got the invite, wish it was in NJ, as from Sussex County I'm looking at a 2 hour drive, but it's good for the NY fans. 

Sussex county here as well.  Sparta.  But I grew up in Queens and lived out on the Island for a few years (Port Jefferson).  What town are you in?

Just received a gift from the Jets for having attended the Unplugged event:  

a pair of Jets STH caps with Section # stitched on the back.  

Very nice.  Many thanks to Nadege and the rest of the Jets event organizers for a job well done!

Jets%20caps_zpsh7og1a81.jpg

Got mine as well. Pretty cool. Not sure I can wear mine because it has the section # on it and I am a privacy freak. :)

Archived