Ridley to Jets?? Ian Rappaport

32EBoozer

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh

I was hoping for a guy who has a history of being a good pass catcher

maybe this is just a body for camp signing if it is indeed true

Not positive but I think Ridley can catch fairly well, but Vereen was just better so they used him more.

Maybe a precursor of an ivory deal to come.  If we can get a 3rd for Ivory i'd do it in a sec.  He's 27 and with his style he prob has 2 years tops left in those legs

He's 6 months removed from ACL & MCL surgery. His signing doesn't mean anything but a hope that he can continue his career.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 4m4 minutes agoFormer #Patriots RB Stevan Ridley is signing with the #Jets, source said.

I've had big questions about some moves we have made and the way these contracts have been structured. But this move is senseless. I'm seriously getting worried. This is an outstanding RB draft. We have 2 seasoned vets in Powell and Ivory. Why sign an aging RB coming off a major injury??

We NEED a young player at this position. Ajayi, Duke Johnson, even Josh Robinson as a late round pick. Why sign this guy?

I really wish we had brought in an expierienced GM.

It's another solid low risk high reward signing. Ridley is a solid all-around RB, nothing exceptional but not putrid either. If it weren't for the knee surgery, he'd have more suitors.

Watch us draft Gurley @ #6 now

Maybe a precursor of an ivory deal to come.  If we can get a 3rd for Ivory i'd do it in a sec.  He's 27 and with his style he prob has 2 years tops left in those legs

You want to trade away Ivory and go with Ridley as our starter? Wow.

I've had big questions about some moves we have made and the way these contracts have been structured. But this move is senseless. I'm seriously getting worried. This is an outstanding RB draft. We have 2 seasoned vets in Powell and Ivory. Why sign an aging RB coming off a major injury??

We NEED a young player at this position. Ajayi, Duke Johnson, even Josh Robinson as a late round pick. Why sign this guy?

There's no reason not to draft a back still. I think there's a chance the Ivory role could be up for grabs in camp- between him and Ridley....I dont think Ivory is a lock for the roster I guess...Powell will make the roster as a back up by default. But someone like Duke Johnson or Abdullah will probably be considered.

Or the thoughts are- we suck at QB, defenses are getting smaller and adding as many backs as possible is the way to go. Especially bruisers.

Because all the RBs we have on the roster are all FA within a year (Powell & Ridley) or two (Ivory, who's always injured) .

We will be drafting a RB or two in May

In addition, and I've said this from the minute Gailey was on board: Ivory, who is similar to Marshawn Lynch, may not be in the LT plans under new regime because he doesn't fit their style. Lynch was shipped to Seattle for a 5th, Ivory could have a similar fate.

Guys I am confident we will still draft a running back. We probably just won't do so until round 4 unless the position is the best on our board. Relax.  Remember in todays' NFL its running back by committee. 

Archived