JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traded up for DT Armstead. Didn't think he'd make it 5 more spots. Drop off in talent after him.

He's raw, but at 6'7" and 292 he can carry another 20 lbs. easily.

TB 27th and 25th in rushing and passing Defense. Was looking to go OL but Dcat took the last 1st rd. OT 

If Armstead is the guy you were targeting, then it was good that you made the deal.  I was set to take him at 29 for the Colts had we not made the trade.  I was hoping that either Phillips or Armstead would make it to 34.  I am happy with Jordan Phillips and the extra pick.  Indy was 24th in the league last season in yards per rush, and I see Phillips as the better run stopper who is big enough to play the Nose but also has the athleticism to play the five technique.

If Armstead is the guy you were targeting, then it was good that you made the deal.  I was set to take him at 29 for the Colts had we not made the trade.  I was hoping that either Phillips or Armstead would make it to 34.  I am happy with Jordan Phillips and the extra pick.  Indy was 24th in the league last season in yards per rush, and I see Phillips as the better run stopper who is big enough to play the Nose but also has the athleticism to play the five technique.

He was. I was also considering Perriman to replace Vincent Jackson in '16 but scoring isn't the problem... it's defense

Very glad to be able to grab my OLB in round 2. Was afraid I'd come out of this draft empty handed considering how quickly Fowler. Beasley, Dupree and Ray went off the board.

Harold is a great pick there.  Would have been my pick for Indy had they not signed Trent Cole, but I decided to go DL instead which was more of a need.  I like what you are doing for the Jets so far.  Cooper / Harold would be a really nice first two picks for Mac & Company later this month.  

Based upon the way the offseason has gone so far, I think it is pretty clear that those are the two positions that we are targeting early in the draft (unless we love one of the QBs in which case all bets are off).

Harold is a great pick there.  Would have been my pick for Indy had they not signed Trent Cole, but I decided to go DL instead which was more of a need.  I like what you are doing for the Jets so far.  Cooper / Harold would be a really nice first two picks for Mac & Company later this month.  

Based upon the way the offseason has gone so far, I think it is pretty clear that those are the two positions that we are targeting early in the draft (unless we love one of the QBs in which case all bets are off).

I think the Jets will be rolling with Fitz and Geno this year. Not in love with the QB's in this draft. Hope and pray we can get C. Cook next year. With only 4 picks in this draft(the two 7's are needle in haystack picks) I understand why MacDaddy is bringing in all these FA players. If only Woody had hired him last year :mad0259:

I'm really starting to think Wilkerson may be a trade chip in this draft. I hope we can get him signed and keep him.

Very glad to be able to grab my OLB in round 2. Was afraid I'd come out of this draft empty handed considering how quickly Fowler. Beasley, Dupree and Ray went off the board.

I love the pick.  I'm liking your draft 32!  If on day 2 if the draft we have Cooper/White + Harold, I will be very happy!

I love the pick.  I'm liking your draft 32!  If on day 2 if the draft we have Cooper/White + Harold, I will be very happy!

I really wish I could say I did some remarkable job maneuvering in this draft and stealing talent, but those 2 picks were no brainers. You could argue White over Cooper, but when I compare WV/Alabama schedule

and Conference and "Prime-Time" nationally televised  under-the-lights games..... Cooper plays BIG!! Couldn't risk it.

I really wish I could say I did some remarkable job maneuvering in this draft and stealing talent, but those 2 picks were no brainers. You could argue White over Cooper, but when I compare WV/Alabama schedule

and Conference and "Prime-Time" nationally televised  under-the-lights games..... Cooper plays BIG!! Couldn't risk it.

That is the beauty of a draft that lines up so well with our needs (especially with the limited number of picks we have).  IT would be great if we could trade back and acquire an extra pick or two, but if we don't we should be able to stay right where we are and fill some of our major needs -- there is no reason why we can't come away from this draft with at least 3 immediate contributors.  IMO, edge rusher, WR and RB are the three major needs to be filled in the draft and there is no reason we cannot get a guy at each position who can contribute this season.  An OT who can eventually replace Brick would be nice too.

That is the beauty of a draft that lines up so well with our needs (especially with the limited number of picks we have).  IT would be great if we could trade back and acquire an extra pick or two, but if we don't we should be able to stay right where we are and fill some of our major needs -- there is no reason why we can't come away from this draft with at least 3 immediate contributors.  IMO, edge rusher, WR and RB are the three major needs to be filled in the draft and there is no reason we cannot get a guy at each position who can contribute this season.  An OT who can eventually replace Brick would be nice too.

This!!

56773.gif

Welcome to the board Dick!

Go Rangers

I used to like you, but then you have to go and post this.  40+ year Islander fan here and still hurting from the late season collapse.  Not feeling real optimistic about the playoffs given the way we finished the season.

I used to like you, but then you have to go and post this.  40+ year Islander fan here and still hurting from the late season collapse.  Not feeling real optimistic about the playoffs given the way we finished the season.

Sorry, Posted in wrong thread! Meant for Flgreen in Dick Cimini thread! LOL!

An OT who can eventually replace Brick would be nice too.

That would require taking an OT in round 2, or a trade down for multiple round1/round 2 picks.   I think the top 5 OTs (Scherff, Flowers, Collins Peat and Clemmings) are all gone before we pick in rd 2.  Geez, If clemmings is there we would be fools not to take him.  Next on the list would be Humphries, but I doubt he's even close to Brick caliber and I'd prefer something other than him so early in round 2.

That would require taking an OT in round 2, or a trade down for multiple round1/round 2 picks.   I think the top 5 OTs (Scherff, Flowers, Collins Peat and Clemmings) are all gone before we pick in rd 2.  Geez, If clemmings is there we would be fools not to take him.  Next on the list would be Humphries, but I doubt he's even close to Brick caliber and I'd prefer something other than him so early in round 2.

I don't necessarily agree.  We don't need a guy who can step in for Brick in 2015.  Brick has 3 years left on his contract -- I doubt he sees all 3 at his salary, but if he can give us another year or two, we can afford to take a guy round 3 or 4 who may need time to develop into the role.  

Once Clemmings was taken in the mid 20's I moved on to BAP which was Harold. Can't afford to reach in this draft because of ALL the reaches last year.

Definitely will look for a OT we can place on the bench behind Aboushi and Dozier who can just worry about learning technique and getting NFL Strong.

So you and Lith are both right in your assessments.

Maybe the intention is not to use Erving as a Center but I didnt understand the Saints drafting a Center when they received Max Unger from the Seahawks as part of the Jimmy Graham trade. Erving did play all 5 positions from what I've heard at least.

Idea is to to step in and play LG. Like you said, he can play anywhere--at least interior. IMO, Most impt thing for NO has to be keeping Brees alive in his older years.

My goal is to get past round 2 and into round 3 before we shut down tonight.

Let's go folks.  Send me your list of picks if you are out and about and can't check in, and I will enter the pick when you are up.

Let's go folks.  Send me your list of picks if you are out and about and can't check in, and I will enter the pick when you are up.

Things have certainly slowed down. I have no other comment for fear of sparking my A.D.D

:character0036:

Let's go folks. Send me your list of picks if you are out and about and can't check in, and I will enter the pick when you are up.

Looks like it may be time for your first commish pick. And then maybe we can get moving again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived