JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

Eddie Goldman

Quentin Rollins

Cody Prewitt

Davis Tull

Malcolm Brown

Revamped defense for the boys, legit threat in the NFC.

Could have sworn we were in the 6th round already. I've made trade offers with just my 7th rounders assuming I used my 6th rounder already.

Tull was a really nice pick, great fit too.

Some other picks I think we're just great waaaluuuues in the first two rounds:

Scherff at 10

Gregory at 14 both by Kwaz

Strong for Houston at 16 by Vets91

Dupree by this ****in guy at 17

Collins at 18 by Lith

Collins at 33 (!!!!) by OuttaSight

Jomes at 38 by AVM

Odi at 43 by heymangold

Humphries and Dawson back to back for the Chargers and Chiefs (48 and 49)

Preston Smith at 58 by Dom

Davis at 59 by dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tull was a really nice pick, great fit too.

Some other picks I think we're just great waaaluuuues in the first two rounds:

Scherff at 10

Gregory at 14 both by Kwaz

Strong for Houston at 16 by Vets91

Dupree by this ****in guy at 17

Collins at 18 by Lith

Collins at 33 (!!!!) by OuttaSight

Jomes at 38 by AVM

Odi at 43 by heymangold

Humphries and Dawson back to back for the Chargers and Chiefs (48 and 49)

Preston Smith at 58 by Dom

Davis at 59 by dcat

Yeah I think the bold are absolute steals. Can't see La'el or Dupree falling out of the top 10 IMO

Bad timing.  No sleep from Thursday 5 am - Friday at 1 am.  Moved furniture for about 12 of those hours.  Closing went okay, but then the calls start...ugh.  Sunday I am all packed to drive back and get to spend the night at the hospital until 4 am.  Took (another) day off Monday and finished the floor in the basement.  Looks like everybody/everything is okay, but kind of hard to stay on top of things with no sleep and covered in glue. Thanks for the patience and PMing people for me. 

1. Kevin Johnson

2. Preston Smith

3. Chris Conley

4. Za'Darius Smith

4. Jamison Crowder

4. James Sample

5. Anthony Chickillo

5. Justin Cox

5. Akeem Hunt

If had paid more attention, I probably would have grabbed a TE, but I took Kroft for the Steelers in 1.0 and didn't want to repeat myself too much.  You guys listed Smith as a steal, but I got him at 87 in 1.0.  Guess JN mockers don't like him that much.  I ended up with too many DE types, but Ozzie double dips a bunch.  I figure Crowder and Hunt should be able to replace Jacoby Jones on returns if nothing else.  I have one pick left, the 6th rounder they got for McClain.  One guy I probably should have taken over one of my 4ths is still on the board and I have two UDFA types I really want.  I drafted a bunch of these guys ahead of where I would have wanted to and I don't really like this draft as a cohesive whole, but I think there are some players there.

I didn't take who I planned to take because Soloki was still on the board. Chargers' defense sucks and their DL has no depth so here we are. The Chargers really are a horrible team without Rivers. Their roster is really bad. Probably could use another DB or two...

I didn't take who I planned to take because Soloki was still on the board. Chargers' defense sucks and their DL has no depth so here we are. The Chargers really are a horrible team without Rivers. Their roster is really bad. Probably could use another DB or two...

Soloki is one of the guys I would consider.  I overdrafted a bunch of guys and have a bunch of 6-7-UDFA type guys I like.  Probably the one guy left that deserves to be drafted is at a spot that I have already covered and recovered.  What to do, what to do?

Soloki is one of the guys I would consider.  I overdrafted a bunch of guys and have a bunch of 6-7-UDFA type guys I like.  Probably the one guy left that deserves to be drafted is at a spot that I have already covered and recovered.  What to do, what to do?

Pretty sure the Jets worked him out during their local visit.  Probably looking at him as either potential 7th or more likely a UDFA.

Pretty sure the Jets worked him out during their local visit.  Probably looking at him as either potential 7th or more likely a UDFA.

They did.  That is why I read about him in the first place.  Always kind of partial to Buffalo because we know a kid who plays/played there and will hopefully at least get some tryouts - MLB, Lee Skinner.

AVM, I really like the Bobby McCain pick to Carolina.  He was one of my sleeper CBs - should be a really good slot corner.  Two CBs I was hoping to grab late were Craig Mager from Texas State -- who I already took for Indy -- and McCain.  He is a guy who has really risen through the rankings in the last couple of weeks -- I doubt he makes it to the 6th round next week when they do this thing for real.

AVM, I really like the Bobby McCain pick to Carolina.  He was one of my sleeper CBs - should be a really good slot corner.  Two CBs I was hoping to grab late were Craig Mager from Texas State -- who I already took for Indy -- and McCain.  He is a guy who has really risen through the rankings in the last couple of weeks -- I doubt he makes it to the 6th round next week when they do this thing for real.

Completely agree.  I actually feel pretty confident a bunch of the picks I've taken with the Panthers will go earlier than they did here, fwiw...so I don't think this mock is going to be very accurate for the Panthers lol.

Ogbuehi, Hardy and McCain I think were great value where they were taken...but I'm obviously biased on at least one of those

Completely agree.  I actually feel pretty confident a bunch of the picks I've taken with the Panthers will go earlier than they did here, fwiw...so I don't think this mock is going to be very accurate for the Panthers lol.

Ogbuehi, Hardy and McCain I think were great value where they were taken...but I'm obviously biased on at least one of those

Sounds like we like a lot of the same players.  Came down to a choice between Hardy and McBride for me in the 3rd round.  Went with McBride because I think he has the potential to be a better deep threat than Hardy - he is a little bigger, and a little faster than Hardy.  I think Hardy is a safer pick than McBride, but I went for the guy I see as the better potential playmaker.  I would be very happy if the Jets could get either one in the 3rd.

Ravens are done.

Baltimore draft:

1.26 Kevin Johnson Wake Forest CB

2.26 Preston Smith Mississippi State DE

3.26 Chris Conley Georgia WR

4.23 Za'Darius Smith Kentucky DE

4.26 Jamison Crowder Duke WR

4.37 James Sample Louisville SS

5.22 Anthony Chickillo Miami (Fla.) DE

5.35 Justin Cox Mississippi State CB

5.40 Akeem Hunt Purdue RB

6.28 Tyeler Davison Fresno State DT

I really wanted to take Will Tye there and Baltimore could use a TE.  I will camp out in his driveway for when the draft is over.  He went to Xavier in Middletown, CT.  How far could it be?  I reached for Sample because I was in a rush, but with Clayton Geathers still out there, I could have traded that pick and gotten a bigger back or TE.  Normally I would have drafted some random offensive linemen, but I didn't really know anything about them this year.  You guys probably thought I reached for Conley, but I like him.  I thought hard about taking Yeldon there, but Conley is a guy with a high ceiling that can give you reps right away. I think Baltimore is done:

1. Kevin Johnson, CB

2. Preston Smith, DE

3. Chris Conley, WR

4. Za'Darius Smith, DE

4. Jamison Crowder, WR

4. James Sample, SS

5. Anthony Chickillo, DE

5. Justin Cox, CB/FS

5. Akeem Hunt, RB

6. Tyeler Davison, DT

I got off to a bad start.  I really was hoping that Landon Collins would fall, but he went the pick prior to Carolina and I was not particularly well prepared.  I ended up going with what seemed to be the consensus pick for the Ravens in other mocks.  I could have gone with Armstead or Perriman, but I think I am happier with Conley in the 3rd than Perriman in the 1st.  Kind of bothered with ending up with both Smiths and Chickillo, but I just liked the value.  Justin Cox is a bit of a workout warrior type with some off-field issues (dropped domestic violence case) that might make the Ravens shy away.  I like Hunt a lot as a slash type, but the Ravens probably need a bigger back to spell Forsett.  I just liked the way he looked running.  Between Hunt and Crowder returns should be covered.  Crowder looks good, though he does seem to be a bit of a body or cradle catcher, but he is another guy I like to watch. I give it maybe a B-/C+

Nobody wants to insult my draft?  Booooooooo!

sure..

with 10 picks, one would think you'd have a minimum of one huge game breaker. Don't get me wrong, I really like the first 3 picks individually and some of the later picks too.  But where's the big time #1?  At least trade one of those 4ths or the 5th to trade up in round 2.  They weren't comp picks, so you could trade. Or maybe trade a 4th AND the 5th to move up in round 1?  You'd still have a pretty complete draft  with one draft stud.

Didn't we all criticize Idzik (and rightfully so) for thinking that we could roster all of 10 our picks and elect not to trade up to get at least one of the better players instead of a multitude of mediocrity and worse.  Just think, if we traded up in rd 1, we wouldn't be stuck with Pryor.   :)  Not that I am calling you an "Idzik" or anything...  that would be an unwarranted insult.  

sure..

with 10 picks, one would think you'd have a minimum of one huge game breaker. Don't get me wrong, I really like the first 3 picks individually and some of the later picks too.  But where's the big time #1?  At least trade one of those 4ths or the 5th to trade up in round 2.  They weren't comp picks, so you could trade. Or maybe trade a 4th AND the 5th to move up in round 1?  You'd still have a pretty complete draft  with one draft stud.

Didn't we all criticize Idzik (and rightfully so) for thinking that we could roster all of 10 our picks and elect not to trade up to get at least one of the better players instead of a multitude of mediocrity and worse.  Just think, if we traded up in rd 1, we wouldn't be stuck with Pryor.   :)  Not that I am calling you an "Idzik" or anything...  that would be an unwarranted insult.  

They are all huge game breakers!!! 

Yeah.  I didn't have enough time to monkey with trades.  Ironically, this is the first day I am back to having spare time and my picks are up.  I don't know that I was really targeting anybody outside of the first.  I actually would have preferred to move up one spot to have Collins instead of Johnson or I might even have traded out of my 1st. 

FWIW, it does appear that people are using the google docs cause there are guys still around that none of us touched.  For instance, I took 3 DE types already, but I was really tempted with Obum Gwacham still on the board.   He went in 1.0 and I think that was only 4 rounds. I would have been happy to have a guy like Devante Davis in the latter rounds and he is borderline UDFA here.

Nobody wants to insult my draft?  Booooooooo!

I will chime in for whatever it is worth.

No problem with the Kevin Johnson pick. Late 1st, Peters is probably the better prospect in terms of physical tools, but with his off field issues, I get the Johnson pick.  Not thrilled with your WRs I think you could have gotten Conley in the 4th and taken a guy like Lockett in the 3rd and trade up in the 4th if you did not want to wait around and hope Conley would make it til the end of the round.

Individually, I like the 3 DEs -- especially the value of Z Smith in the 4th and Chickillo in the 5th, but all 3 is a bit of overkill.  I like the Justin Cox pick -- was considering him late 5th for Indy but chose to go with Mager instead. Don't know much about Hunt or Davison.

I will chime in for whatever it is worth.

No problem with the Kevin Johnson pick. Late 1st, Peters is probably the better prospect in terms of physical tools, but with his off field issues, I get the Johnson pick.  Not thrilled with your WRs I think you could have gotten Conley in the 4th and taken a guy like Lockett in the 3rd and trade up in the 4th if you did not want to wait around and hope Conley would make it til the end of the round.

Individually, I like the 3 DEs -- especially the value of Z Smith in the 4th and Chickillo in the 5th, but all 3 is a bit of overkill.  I like the Justin Cox pick -- was considering him late 5th for Indy but chose to go with Mager instead. Don't know much about Hunt or Davison.

Thanks.  I looked at the video of the WRs and I just didn't like Lockett that much. If I am not in love with a weapnz guys highlight film, I am just not going to pick him.  Agree totally on the 3 DEs and my #1.  I don't have a problem with it, but I am extremely eh.  Davison is an interesting big bodied prospect, though they generally see him as a nose in an even front.  I only read a few things on him, but I think he will be drafted in the 5th or later.  Probably would have taken Gwacham if I didn't have 15 DE prospects already.  I like Hunt's highlights a bunch. He is very fast and can catch - had around 50 catches this year.  Hunt is small at around 185, but he would be a nice choice for that Harvin/Austin role. Tony Pauline likes him and compared him to Sproles.  If the Jets can get him with their 7th I'd be ecstatic, otherwise he is probably too small for us to pick him.

Sounds like we like a lot of the same players. Came down to a choice between Hardy and McBride for me in the 3rd round. Went with McBride because I think he has the potential to be a better deep threat than Hardy - he is a little bigger, and a little faster than Hardy. I think Hardy is a safer pick than McBride, but I went for the guy I see as the better potential playmaker. I would be very happy if the Jets could get either one in the 3rd.

If the Jets sign Justin I'll be like a teenage girl with whatever boy band is popular now. I actually like Kerley, but he'd be such an upgrade instantly I think JN as a whole would love the guy.

Also at mangold...poor Shane lol. Going into that QB mess in Cleveland isnt a great scenario. I was going to take him with my last pick for Carolina just because. Hes taken such a dive since the combine (rightfully so) that I kind of hope he ends up a priority UDFA, can go where is a good fit

Archived