MINNESOTA VIKINGS 

1 (11) Trae Waynes, Michigan State, CB

2 (45) Sammie Coates, Auburn, WR

3 (76) Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State, OT

4 (110) Ramik Wilson, Georgia, ILB

5 (137) Karlos Williams, Florida State, RB

7 (228) Rannell Hall, UCF, WR

7 (232) Corey Robinson, South Carolina, OT

After finishing this up, I realize I know very little about this years crop of players. And it probably showed. lol

Kansas City Chiefs:

1.18  La'el Collins, OT, LSU,

2.17 Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

3.16 Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary

3.34 Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn

4.19 Doran Grant CB, Ohio State

5.36 Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama

5.37 MyCole Pruitt, TE Southern Illinois

6.17 Dres Anderson, WR, Utah

6.41 Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

7.16 Geneo Grissom, OLB, Oklahoma

Really like this draft for the Chiefs -- well 8 of the 10 picks at least.  There are two that I look at as mistakes now, but I am really happy with the other 8.

My goals for KC were to fill 4 needs without reaching - 2 OL including a Center, ILB and WR and finding a developmental QB in the later rounds.  1st round came down to Collins vs Peat.  Went with Collins because I think he is more ready to contribute in 2015.  I like Peat's upside, but I think he will need more time than Collins who is more NFL ready.  Chiefs are a team built to contend now, so I wanted the more NFL ready lineman.  Dawson is maybe the best ILB on the board, off field concerns drop him behind Kendricks.  Was very happy to get him in 2nd.  3rd round came down to a choice between McBride and Justin Hardy.  Went with the upside of McBride, even though I think Hardy is the safer pick -- reverse of what I did with OL in round 1.

Do not like the Dismukes & Grant picks.  I reached for the Center too early -- concerned about how thin the position was, but there were much better players on the board at that point.  When I took Grant I was considering Z Smith and Henry Anderson, but went with Grant based on a bigger need at CB.  As Mac said in his presser today, he has seen too many mistakes based on need and I fell into that trap.  Smith and Anderson are much better prospects in my opinion but I wanted a corner.  Very happy with the way the rest of the drat played out, but I would love to get a mulligan on those 2.

Hate away on the saints draft!

I think they'd be pretty happy with that haul

Erving has been one of my fav players in the draft since early on.  Surprised he went so early though.

Shaq Thompson is a very tough pick to evaluate.  Obviosly a great all around athlete with really good qualities but what position is he going to truly play?

I like the Dorsett and Hueurman picks, also like you getting montgomery and especially McGee late.

As with many drafts the success or failure will ride on that 1st round.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Men

1. Danny Shelton Washington DT

2. Jake Fisher Oregon OT

3. Damarious Randall Arizona State FS

4. Rashad Greene Florida State WR

5. Max Valles Virginia OLB

6. Quandre Diggs Texas CB

7. J.R. Tavai Southern California OLB

I think the first 3 picks fill a big need for the Giants.  I love that I got Randall in the 3rd round.  

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Men

1. Danny Shelton Washington DT

2. Jake Fisher Oregon OT

3. Damarious Randall Arizona State FS

4. Rashad Greene Florida State WR

5. Max Valles Virginia OLB

6. Quandre Diggs Texas CB

7. J.R. Tavai Southern California OLB

I think the first 3 picks fill a big need for the Giants.  I love that I got Randall in the 3rd round.  

Really like Shelton and Fisher should be solid in an area of need.  I'm not a Rashad Greene fan at all.  Tiny WR that I think will struggle to make it in the NFL.  Valles is a sweet pick!  Nice job. 

Houston Texans' draft:

1.16 Jaelen Strong Arizona State WR

2.19 Clive Walford Miami (Fla.) TE

3.18 Taiwan Jones Michigan State ILB

4.17 B.J. Finney Kansas State C

5.16 Sean Mannion Oregon State QB

5.39 JaCorey Shepherd Kansas CB

6.19 Zach Hodges Harvard OLB

6.35 Ben Beckwith Mississippi State OG

6.40 Clayton Geathers UCF SS

7.18 Shaquille Riddick West Virginia DE

Turns out the Chargers don't have a seventh round pick.

The draft:

17: Dupree - Best pass rushing and 3-4 OLB prospect in the draft, just over Beasley.

49: DJ Humphries - By far the best OT left at the time, and a guy who will go much higher on draft day.

82: Iko - Preseason #1 CB was here due to blown ACL. Closest thing to an overdraft here...maybe Diggs.

117: David Cobb - Should get work right away and much better than the 117th best player in this draft.

153: Stefon Diggs - Depth WR and kick returner, more a slot guy than the usual deep guy.

192: Kristjan Soloki - Is a 3-4 round guy, possibly higher, that I got in the 6th. Yay.

It's a good thing I didn't have a seventh since I was going to take the BC C that Hess took in the fif. This is probably the best draft here so....what do I win??!?!?!

Thanks to everyone who made this possible! Let's do it again next time! I'll be the Jets, Packers, and Patriots! Called it!

very nice job,

Eagles draft:

1.03 (from Jacksonville) Marcus Mariota Oregon QB

3.20 Devin Funchess Michigan WR

4.14 Trey Flowers Arkansas DE

5.20 Ibraheim Campbell Northwestern SS

6.20 Robert Myers Tennessee State OG

7.20 Kaleb Eulls Mississippi State DT

Cincinnati Bengals Draft (Hess Station):

1.21  Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma

2.21 Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, LSU

3.21 Kwon Alexander, OLB, LSU

3.35 Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma

4.21 Jesse James, TE, Penn State

4.36 Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn

5.21 Andy Gallik, C, BC

6.21 Thomas Rawls, RB, Central Michigan

7.21 Trey DePriest, ILB, Alabama

MINNESOTA VIKINGS 

1 (11) Trae Waynes, Michigan State, CB

2 (45) Sammie Coates, Auburn, WR

3 (76) Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State, OT

4 (110) Ramik Wilson, Georgia, ILB

5 (137) Karlos Williams, Florida State, RB

7 (228) Rannell Hall, UCF, WR

7 (232) Corey Robinson, South Carolina, OT

After finishing this up, I realize I know very little about this years crop of players. And it probably showed. lol

The only pick I really don't like is Sammie Coates.  I think he is a reach in the 2nd.  4th might be a little early for Ramik Wilson, real good ILB in the running game, but he was a liability in coverage at Georgia.  I like your two 7th rounders.  Waynes is probably the best CB in the draft and Sambrailo is solid value in the 3rd.  Good upside, potential starting LT someday.

I really wanted to take Will Tye there and Baltimore could use a TE. I will camp out in his driveway for when the draft is over. He went to Xavier in Middletown, CT. How far could it be? I reached for Sample because I was in a rush, but with Clayton Geathers still out there, I could have traded that pick and gotten a bigger back or TE. Normally I would have drafted some random offensive linemen, but I didn't really know anything about them this year. You guys probably thought I reached for Conley, but I like him. I thought hard about taking Yeldon there, but Conley is a guy with a high ceiling that can give you reps right away. I think Baltimore is done:

1. Kevin Johnson, CB

2. Preston Smith, DE

3. Chris Conley, WR

4. Za'Darius Smith, DE

4. Jamison Crowder, WR

4. James Sample, SS

5. Anthony Chickillo, DE

5. Justin Cox, CB/FS

5. Akeem Hunt, RB

6. Tyeler Davison, DT

I got off to a bad start. I really was hoping that Landon Collins would fall, but he went the pick prior to Carolina and I was not particularly well prepared. I ended up going with what seemed to be the consensus pick for the Ravens in other mocks. I could have gone with Armstead or Perriman, but I think I am happier with Conley in the 3rd than Perriman in the 1st. Kind of bothered with ending up with both Smiths and Chickillo, but I just liked the value. Justin Cox is a bit of a workout warrior type with some off-field issues (dropped domestic violence case) that might make the Ravens shy away. I like Hunt a lot as a slash type, but the Ravens probably need a bigger back to spell Forsett. I just liked the way he looked running. Between Hunt and Crowder returns should be covered. Crowder looks good, though he does seem to be a bit of a body or cradle catcher, but he is another guy I like to watch. I give it maybe a B-/C+

Holy reach city. C+

;)

The only pick I really don't like is Sammie Coates.  I think he is a reach in the 2nd.  4th might be a little early for Ramik Wilson, real good ILB in the running game, but he was a liability in coverage at Georgia.  I like your two 7th rounders.  Waynes is probably the best CB in the draft and Sambrailo is solid value in the 3rd.  Good upside, potential starting LT someday.

I like Coates and think he will definitely be a round 2 pick next week. His athleticism and size are great. I see NFL starter talent with him. His problem is concentration leading to too many dropped balls. I highly doubt he drops to round 3. In fact, I think he might go a lot earlier in round 2 than predicted. I am pretty high on this kid from Auburn.

I like Coates and think he will definitely be a round 2 pick next week. His athleticism and size are great. I see NFL starter talent with him. His problem is concentration leading to too many dropped balls. I highly doubt he drops to round 3. In fact, I think he might go a lot earlier in round 2 than predicted. I am pretty high on this kid from Auburn.

You are right that he probably goes in the 2nd or early 3rd, just that I would not take him there.  He played in an option system at Auburn that asked very little of its WRs -- very simplified route trees.  I know there are some who like him a lot more than I do, but I think it will be a steep learning curve for him in the NFL.  

Just sharing my opinion on the prospect -- and if I am wrong about him, certainly would not be the first time I was wrong about a guy.

Steelers draft:

1.22 Ereck Flowers OT Miami

2.24 P.J. Williams CB Florida St

3.23 Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford

4.22 Henry Anderson DE Stamford

5.24 Tyler Kroft TE Rutgers

6.23 Jeremiah Poutasi OG Utah

6.36 Austin Hill WR Arizona

7.22 Deion Barnes OLB/DE Penn St.

Was surprised and thrilled that Flowers was there at 22. Got to select BPA and fill a glaring deficiency in Pittsburgh. P.J. Williams at 2.24 is a Steelers steal. They will just have to baby sit his behavior. Normally I would think that of all teams, the Steelers could handle that best, but they apparently had a little trouble with Blount and Bell in that regard. But as for talent... highway robbery at 2.24. Tartt was mostly a need based pick. I like the film clip I saw on him and figured he wouldn't be there in round 4 in a not so great SS class. As I posted earlier, Kroft in the 5th round was BPA and filed a future need. Had it not been for Rutgers atrocious QB/offense, Kroft would be more highly regarded. I also was very happy that Poutasi was there in round 6. Great value for the ex-OT from Utah. He could develop into a solid starter at OG.

New York Jets Amari Cooper

New York Jets Eli Harold

New York Jets David Johnson

New York Jets Derron Smith

New York Jets Andrew Donnal

New York Jets Wes Saxton

Well, here is my best shot with the Jets. I tried on a couple of occasions to trade back and garner some extra ammo, but alas, to no avail.

I took Cooper over White for a couple of reasons. Although many think White more explosive, I think part of that is due to the "smoothness"

Cooper displays in his route running and lack of wasted motion. White may have higher celing but also a lower floor.

Got my OLB in the 2nd. I really like Eli's motor and size to set the edge. Good strength.

I like David Johnson over Ajay, Yeldon, Cobb etc. I view him as the 5th best back in this draft with Abdullah & Coleman as 3 & 4. They were already gone and this was a need pick. Wonder how his explosion #'s rate in that other thread about ranking players.

4.50 SEC/ 40 yd (2nd to Langford)

25 REPS/ @ 225 (4th behind some guys I never heard of)

41.5 INCH/ vert (2nd to Abdullah)

127.0 INCH/ long jump (2nd to Abdullah)

6.82 SEC/ 3 cone (2nd fastest behind Abdullah)

4.27 SEC/ 20 yd. shuttle (14th among RB's)

Derron Smith I have him as the 2nd/3rd best FS after the kid from Arizona State. Ball hawk

7th rd. I wanted the TE from Delaware but he went 1 pick ahead of me. Took Saxton who is a good move TE and has good size but has to commit to blocking more.

Also grabbed Brandon Scheff's Iowa teammate OL Donnal as my development OL.

Go ahead and rip me apart.... was hoping to come away with more from this draft.

Tampa Bay Jameis Winston Florida State QB

Tampa Bay Arik Armstead Oregon DT

Tampa Bay Ali Marpet Hobart OG

Tampa Bay Tyrus Thompson Oklahoma OT

Tampa Bay Nick Marshall Auburn CB

Tampa Bay Jordan Richards Stanford SS

Good draft for TB. Look forward to Thursday! Go Jets!

New York Jets Amari CooperNew York Jets Eli HaroldNew York Jets David JohnsonNew York Jets Derron SmithNew York Jets Andrew DonnalNew York Jets Wes SaxtonWell, here is my best shot with the Jets. I tried on a couple of occasions to trade back and garner some extra ammo, but alas, to no avail.I took Cooper over White for a couple of reasons. Although many think White more explosive, I think part of that is due to the "smoothness"Cooper displays in his route running and lack of wasted motion. White may have higher celing but also a lower floor.Got my OLB in the 2nd. I really like Eli's motor and size to set the edge. Good strength.I like David Johnson over Ajay, Yeldon, Cobb etc. I view him as the 5th best back in this draft with Abdullah & Coleman as 3 & 4. They were already gone and this was a need pick. Wonder how his explosion #'s rate in that other thread about ranking players.4.50 SEC/ 40 yd (2nd to Langford)25 REPS/ @ 225 (4th behind some guys I never heard of)41.5 INCH/ vert (2nd to Abdullah)127.0 INCH/ long jump (2nd to Abdullah)6.82 SEC/ 3 cone (2nd fastest behind Abdullah)4.27 SEC/ 20 yd. shuttle (14th among RB's)Derron Smith I have him as the 2nd/3rd best FS after the kid from Arizona State. Ball hawk7th rd. I wanted the TE from Delaware but he went 1 pick ahead of me. Took Saxton who is a good move TE and has good size but has to commit to blocking more.Also grabbed Brandon Scheff's Iowa teammate OL Donnal as my development OL.Go ahead and rip me apart.... was hoping to come away with more from this draft.

I would be very pleased with this draft except I would rather have shored up the o-line before taking the safety. The OL needs more attention earlier IMO. But overall, this is rock solid.

Tampa Bay Jameis Winston Florida State QBTampa Bay Arik Armstead Oregon DTTampa Bay Ali Marpet Hobart OGTampa Bay Tyrus Thompson Oklahoma OTTampa Bay Nick Marshall Auburn CBTampa Bay Jordan Richards Stanford SSGood draft for TB. Look forward to Thursday! Go Jets!

I agree. Very nice draft.

Holy reach city. C+

;)

Boo!  That is not a detailed analysis!  I already said it was reach city and gave it a C+.   

Steelers draft:

1.22 Ereck Flowers OT Miami

2.24 P.J. Williams CB Florida St

3.23 Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford

4.22 Henry Anderson DE Stamford

5.24 Tyler Kroft TE Rutgers

6.23 Jeremiah Poutasi OG Utah

6.36 Austin Hill WR Arizona

7.22 Deion Barnes OLB/DE Penn St.

Was surprised and thrilled that Flowers was there at 22. Got to select BPA and fill a glaring deficiency in Pittsburgh. P.J. Williams at 2.24 is a Steelers steal. They will just have to baby sit his behavior. Normally I would think that of all teams, the Steelers could handle that best, but they apparently had a little trouble with Blount and Bell in that regard. But as for talent... highway robbery at 2.24. Tartt was mostly a need based pick. I like the film clip I saw on him and figured he wouldn't be there in round 4 in a not so great SS class. As I posted earlier, Kroft in the 5th round was BPA and filed a future need. Had it not been for Rutgers atrocious QB/offense, Kroft would be more highly regarded. I also was very happy that Poutasi was there in round 6. Great value for the ex-OT from Utah. He could develop into a solid starter at OG.

I like this draft for Pittsburgh.  I had a bunch of those guys on my radar when I picked for them in 1.0.  I agree about Kroft.  I actually took Kroft in the 4th.  Knew that might have been a reach, but he is an RU guy and think he is a great pick in the 5th.  I took Rollins in the 2nd, PJ went #31 overall to NO. I thought about Tartt, but went for Preston Smith in the 3rd.    I ended up with Erving picked for me by Shane.  I probably would have gone for Landon Collins, but Flowers was on the board there.

I would be very pleased with this draft extending I would rather have shored up the o-line before taking the safety. The OL needs more attention earlier IMO. But overall, this is rock solid.

Yeah, after going back and seeing some of the players left on the board... In retrospect maybe OT Donovan Smith might have been a better selection and maybe RB Johnson would have made it to Jets in the 4th.

Boy, I hope MacDaddy is practicing with these mock drafts so he can understand how many different ways the draft might develop. Smith was my BAP and we had some need at that position in spite of Gilchrist. There's a reason SD is dumbfounded on the contract the Jets signed him to.

Dallas Cowboys Draft:

1 27  Eddie Goldman Florida State DT
2 28  Quinten Rollins Miami (Ohio) CB
3 27  Cody Prewitt Ole Miss FS
4 28  Davis Tull Chattanooga OLB
5 27  Malcolm Brown Texas RB
7 19  Gerald Christian Louisville TE
7 26  Jaxon Shipley Texas WR

Carolina Panthers Draft:

1 25 Landon Collins Alabama SS
2 25 Cedric Ogbuehi Texas A&M OT
3 25 Justin Hardy East Carolina WR
4 25 Mike Davis South Carolina RB
5 25 Martrell Spaight Arkansas OLB
5 33 Jamon Brown Louisville OT
5 38 Darren Waller Georgia Tech WR
6 25 Bobby McCain Memphis CB
7 25 Rob Crisp NC State OT

Dallas Cowboys Draft:

Hey Lith, on the Google.doc page the 1st two Dallas picks are not shown on the "Team Draft" page....FYI

Dallas Cowboys Draft:

My 3rd and 4th picks are my favorite. Don't understand how Prewitt almost made it to the 4th.

Archived