JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, now that the pick was made I can explain the Miami pre trade up.  As we know no team is going to do a trade up before hand like that in the real draft.  There were a few reasons why I jumped the gun on this.  It is not easy to make these kind of trades since we are not all sitting at a table in a real war room.  People come and go and some don't appear for hours.  Being in the mtn time zone the draft was going to start at 6 am my time and I do not get into work until 10 am east.  There was also a possibility that I was going to have meetings this morning (which did not come to pass thankfully).

I thought that if I did not act right then and there on the agreed trade that there was going to be a good chance I wouldn't trade up at all so I took the chance.  And I did have a backup plan if both top WR;s were off the board at 7.

Re Oakland, both WR were possibilities for me but I would have taken Williams, Fowler (perhaps even Beasley) 1st.  I'll further discuss my Oakland strategy at the end of the draft.

It is not easy to make these kind of trades since we are not all sitting at a table in a real war room.  People come and go and some don't appear for hours

This is a great point -- especially for those who have not done mocks with trades before.  Sometimes you have to pull the trigger early when you have the opportunity, because the guy you want to trade with may not be online if you wait until you are on the clock.

So who would you guys take? White or Cooper if both available at 6?

I was ready to take White(the physical freak) but West Virginia products scare the crap out of me. Tavon, Geno, Vick, Bailey.... I could go on and on.

Cooper is Silky Smooth like Jerry Rice. Just knows how to play the game.

I was ready to take White(the physical freak) but West Virginia products scare the crap out of me. Tavon, Geno, Vick, Bailey.... I could go on and on.

I would be very happy with either to be honest.  I would lean towards White myself.

It's a very tough choice.  Cooper is more polished and NFL ready.  White has more potential to become an AJ Green/Juio Jones/Dez Bryant superstar.  I think White has the bigger upside and Cooper is the safer pick.  

Here's a great article on White from a small fantasy site that has proven itself to be exceptional at evaluating offensive talent:

http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-kevin-white-wr-west-virginia/

I was completely unaware of White's JUCO background.  

I don't think you can fault either a Cooper or a White pick at slot 6.  Both are excellent.  Plus, I do think Oakland takes one of them ahead of us. But  Day 1 of the draft should be fascinating to watch.

Cooper is probably the lower risk pick, but White has the higher ceiling.  I would probably have taken White if given the choice -- but I would still be very happy with Cooper on our roster next year.

Giants selected DT, Danny Shelton.  Guy is a monster in the middle and will help repair that D Line for Spags.  I passed on Sherrif because I can get value in the 2nd or 3rd.  Seriously thought about Gregory who is probably the best player on the board but the Giants don't mess around when it comes to off the field issues....unless you are LT.

I pm'd next guy up, jaykwaz

I'm scared Dcat will yell at us if we take too long  lol

No, I'm the slow one sometimes.  But I warned everyone not to get too antsy because there will be times when there are picks taking hours.  It just goes with the territory.  Just don't mention it to 32Boozer.  It might trigger a serious ADD episode.

No, I'm the slow one sometimes.  But I warned everyone not to get too antsy because there will be times when there are picks taking hours.  It just goes with the territory.  Just don't mention it to 32Boozer.  It might trigger a serious ADD episode.

Jaguars and Eagles have made a Trade. 

Jaguars trade Marcus Mariota to the Eagles for the Eagles 1st, 2nd and 5th round pick. I guess you'll have to confirm, just wanted to make sure you knew for the update. 

Jaguars trade Marcus Mariota to the Eagles for the Eagles 1st, 2nd and 5th round pick. I guess you'll have to confirm, just wanted to make sure you knew for the update. 

Confirmed the Trade.

Also confirmed: An entire season of commentators talking about the Eagles getting plays off with 20 seconds still on the play clock.

:banana2:  :scare:  :banana:  :bssign:

Whadaya talking about? I'm not ADD

Villain, I'm sorry to say you got the short end of Chip Kelley's stick w/ that trade.

You should have just drafted Fowler and been done with it. I think you got stuck holding the proverbial bag(sack)

Villain, I'm sorry to say you got the short end of Chip Kelley's stick w/ that trade.

You should have just drafted Fowler and been done with it. I think you got stuck holding the proverbial bag(sack)

You never get the short end of the stick when you're having fun. And I surely wouldnt draft Fowler in the top 5. 

Fair enough... If you had decided NOT to draft Marriota, who would your selection have been @3

Given the Jags 4-3 scheme it would have probably been Shane Ray. I dont like Ray as a 3-4 OLB, but as a lineman in a 4-3 I think this kid would dominate. I just didnt like taking him at #3 though. I wanted to trade down, bad enough as you saw that I was willing to draft a QB just to dangle him around lol.  

I wish we had the teams and their picks similar to the previous draft. I wish I can do it but I'm at work.

Is this what you are looking for?  I have been keeping it updated in the selection thread  -  3rd post..  

Draft%20Sheet_zpszdbbm90a.jpg

Archived