JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like what Lith has done for the Chiefs. I think Dawson is going to be one of the best players in this draft.

Why did you go with humphries for the Chargers, they just re-signed Dunlop at LT long term and Fluker is a beast at RT

Rationale behind the Danielle Hunter pick (Buffalo, 50th overall):  

To me he was quite easily the BPA.  Yes, the Bills are set at DE with Mario Williams and Jerry Hughes.  But Mario is owed a cap number exceeding $19M each of the next 2 years, and his contract expires after 2017.  No QB intrigued me at 50, but if Hunter works out, Williams could eventually be trade bait to acquire a real QB down the road.  There's always a use for pass-rushers, and at 50th overall, I just couldn't pass up borderline 1st round talent.  

Plus, that's probably the Rexiest pick that was ever Rex'd.

Do I suck at this?

I really like what Lith has done for the Chiefs. I think Dawson is going to be one of the best players in this draft.

Thanks.  I tried to trade up for him but couldn't find anyone willing to move back.  Chiefs really missed Derrick Johnson when he went down last year -- Josh Mauga just couldn't cut it.  Not knowing what Johnson would do coming off of injury and entering the last year of his contract, I was hoping to get an ILB in the 2nd.  I liked Stephone Anthony and Dawson.  Was very happy to see Dawson fall to 49.

I like Walford on the Texans, no clue why.

Tannenbaum  Bradway said the same thing in 2005 about TE Doug Jolley right after he sent Oakland our 1st rounder, the overall #26 pick, for him in exchange for their 2nd round pick, which Tannenbaum Bradway used to draft a fukkin' kicker.

Sorry.  Have no idea why that nightmare of a draft came to mind after reading your post.  I guess the concept of all of us having no clue what we are doing reminded me of Tannenbaum & Bradway.

Edit:  Bradway, not Tannenbaum.  But they were 2 peas in the same pod for the next 9 years.

Holliman is an interesting pick there.  He can be found anywhere from late 2nd round to 5th on the expert mocks.  He had a crazy year last year, with like a million INTs.  This is the highest I have seen him picked anywhere.  He's also a head case from what I read,  which makes me think he ends up with Rex.

From Friday morning to Monday morning, we are averaging 17 picks per day.  That's better than the last draft, but I'd still like to pick up the pace a bit during the week.  I'd like to target getting through round 3 by the end of the day today.  Lofty projection, but we can do it if we try.

Holliman is an interesting pick there.  He can be found anywhere from late 2nd round to 5th on the expert mocks.  He had a crazy year last year, with like a million INTs.  This is the highest I have seen him picked anywhere.  He's also a head case from what I read,  which makes me think he ends up with Rex.

He can't tackle.  Shies away from contact.  I don't see him as a fit in Rex's defense.  Personally,  I would have him closer to 5 than 2, but if he can be a ballhawk at the next level like he was this past year, then he is worth the 2.  It is a gamble on the upside.

He can't tackle.  Shies away from contact.  I don't see him as a fit in Rex's defense.  Personally,  I would have him closer to 5 than 2, but if he can be a ballhawk at the next level like he was this past year, then he is worth the 2.  It is a gamble on the upside.

So he's another Rhodes?  If so, then you're right.  He's not a Rex guy.  Rhodes is one of the only players that I have ever seen that Rex clearly despised.  Wasn't sure if it was Rhode's aversion to contact or just plain NFL homophobia.  Hey, if anyone in the NFL should be tolerant of others' sexual preferences, it ought to be swinger Rex.   :swing:

I think the issue with him is that he is not disciplined in his responsibilities, he has great instincts but all he wants to do is make interceptions. he will guess where the qb wants to go and jump the route. Now reading the qb may work in college but the pros are just going to look you off  and make you pay.

From Friday morning to Monday morning, we are averaging 17 picks per day.  That's better than the last draft, but I'd still like to pick up the pace a bit during the week.  I'd like to target getting through round 3 by the end of the day today.  Lofty projection, but we can do it if we try.

1/2 a round a day doesn't cut it in my A.D.D. books.... so listen up you banana heads! Coach needs us to step up and kick a$$ today. Now get your computers or Tap-a-Talk Apps out and lets win one for Dcat and Lith!!

Also, I'll be attending the Jets' event tonight at Florham Park, so I will be unavailable from about 5:00pm to 9:00pm.  So any trades/other issues that arise after 4:30 should be PM'd to Lith and/or NYJetsVets91.

Plus, I'd like to again thank these two fine gentlemen for co-moderating this albatross of a mock.  This goes much smoother with multiple moderation.

Tannenbaum said the same thing in 2005 about TE Doug Jolley right after he sent Oakland our 1st rounder, the overall #26 pick, for him in exchange for their 2nd round pick, which Tannenbaum used to draft a fukkin' kicker.

Sorry.  Have no idea why that nightmare of a draft came to mind after reading your post.  I guess the concept of all of us having no clue what we are doing reminded me of Tannenbaum.

That was when Terry Bradway was GM, not Tannenbaum.

That was when Terry Bradway was GM, not Tannenbaum.

Of course... you are correct.  Tanny started in 2006.  Doug Jolley was Bradway's last hurrah as GM in 2005.  My bad.  Both of them sucked.  In fact, Bradway hung on to directing the Jets scouting group for nearly another decade which pretty much was a guarantee that Tannenbaum was going to be as bad as he was.  Nearly a decade.  That's incredible when you think about it.

I think the issue with him is that he is not disciplined in his responsibilities, he has great instincts but all he wants to do is make interceptions. he will guess where the qb wants to go and jump the route. Now reading the qb may work in college but the pros are just going to look you off  and make you pay.

I agree with you -- i was just responding to the comment that he would be a fit for Rex.  The guy makes big plays, but just as often, his overpursuit leads to big plays in both the running and passing game for the offense.

1/2 a round a day doesn't cut it in my A.D.D. books.... so listen up you banana heads! Coach needs us to step up and kick a$$ today. Now get your computers or Tap-a-Talk Apps out and lets win one for Dcat and Lith!!

Lets not forget to PM your picks to Dcat with cc to me or NYJetsVets91 if you are going to be away from JN for a while.  The draft is more fun when it moves along at a good pace.

Thanks

Was really looking forward to taking Danielle Hunter with that Bengals pick but still good w Kikaha.

The elite athlete vs the productive athlete. Should be interesting where and when both actually go.

Kikaha is an interesting prospect -- could probably go anyhwere from 2 to 4 or 5 due to injury risk.  He was healthy for 2014 after the two ACL surgeries in 12 & 13.  If I recall he ahd a great senior bowl week -- don't recall what his combine was like.  Very productive player with huge injury risk.

I should have realized that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are a little too similar.  I haven't liked the value of the WRs and know some of the names later on.  I ended up considering 2 guys that I picked for the Steelers in the last one.  Could have gone for Orchard, but I think that he is bit small and not so stout against the run.  Thought they would prefer Smith as a Pernell McPhee replacement based on what I have read.

Kikaha is an interesting prospect -- could probably go anyhwere from 2 to 4 or 5 due to injury risk.  He was healthy for 2014 after the two ACL surgeries in 12 & 13.  If I recall he ahd a great senior bowl week -- don't recall what his combine was like.  Very productive player with huge injury risk.

I agree, he's the one guy who could go much later, broad range. His paper stats weren't too dynamic. I potentially reached on need for a pass rusher. Was set on taking Hunter there. We'll see. Should be interesting.  

Was torn on a pick for Denver. Narrowed it down based on BPA to 3 players. Davis, a RB and one other. But Davis has such a tremendous upside. I think he is very underrated. Whatever team selects him will be getting a bargain in late round 2.

Was torn on a pick for Denver. Narrowed it down based on BPA to 3 players. Davis, a RB and one other. But Davis has such a tremendous upside. I think he is very underrated. Whatever team selects him will be getting a bargain in late round 2.

I was deciding between him and Jordan Phillips for the Colts at the top of the round.  Never expected Davis to make it this far, I might have been tempted to take him along with Phillips had he remained on the board for two more picks.  I see them both as very similar players.  Both have pro bowl potential as 3-4 NTs, but have the athleticism to play in multiple spots on the DL.  Both guys also have questionable motors, which may be a reason they make it to day 2 of the draft later this month.

Archived