JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

If you have the Tapatalk mobile app on your phone, you can follow the selection thread and get an alert every time a pick is made.  Makes it a lot easier to monitor the draft and there is no need to keep checking in to see what progress has been made.

Yeah, but there are days where I don't even get to look at my phone for hours at a time.   Appreciate the idea.  There is no perfect system.  In the 1.0 mock I missed my first rounder because my message box was full.  It's always something.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ameer to Oakland...NICE!

I think they like Latavius Murray but had a very small body of work to be certain he can carry the load imo.  That and RB's get hurt.  Abdullah has had 3 good years of production can run and catch out of the backfield.  His big drawback according to most people is his fumbling but that is one thing that is correctable.

Nice pick by the giants, Randall was on my short list for the Raiders.  I really like what the giants have done in this draft so far.  Shelton and Fisher for the lines and a quality safety prospect in round 3.

Thanks Beerfish.   I was really hoping Randall was here and he was.  Giants are in great need of a safety and Randall can actually both positions plus he is a ball hawk and good special teams player which Coughlin will love.  

Thanks Beerfish.   I was really hoping Randall was here and he was.  Giants are in great need of a safety and Randall can actually both positions plus he is a ball hawk and good special teams player which Coughlin will love.  

Nice pick -- I picked Randall to the Falcons in the Hampur draft a couple of weeks ago -- there are some decent under the radar free safeties in this draft and I think Randall is one of them.

here is a thought on how to manage GMs that are no-shows for their picks within the 3 hr limit:

When a GM's time is up, why don't we do this like the real NFL draft?  

Just let the next guy go and the same after that until such time as the absent GM shows up and can submit a pick from whatever players are left.  I say this because Brick is up at 2:55, but I will be in meetings from about 2:45 to 5:00 and can't pick for him until then. 

here is a thought on how to manage GMs that are no-shows for their picks within the 3 hr limit:

Just let the next guy go and the same after that until such time as the absent GM shows up and can submit a pick from whatever players are left.  I say this because Brick is up at 2:55, but I will be in meetings from about 2:45 to 5:00 and can't pick for him until then. 

I should be able to make the pick for him - I am good for about the next hour.  The only reason that I would be against the suggestion that we let the GM make his pick at any subsequent time is that I think it would get too complicated to track who is on the clock and who might be picking late, especially if a GM has multiple teams.  Also there would need to be some time limit for when a GM abandons -- which would add complexity.  We make a pick for him and it is much simpler.

I should be able to make the pick for him - I am good for about the next hour.  The only reason that I would be against the suggestion that we let the GM make his pick at any subsequent time is that I think it would get too complicated to track who is on the clock and who might be picking late, especially if a GM has multiple teams.  Also there would need to be some time limit for when a GM abandons -- which would add complexity.  We make a pick for him and it is much simpler.

Makes sense.  

I'm around as well for most of the day.

I'm around as well for most of the day.

Works out well -- I will be away from about 2:30 - 6:00 (Central)

..and there we were really rolling along beautifully today until New Orleans.

We will be moving again in a few minutes.  You okay with either of the guys I suggested for NO assuming Brick misses the pick?

keep up the good work men! my notes:

-Raiders having an awesome draft so far

-Dorsett on the fast turf with the Saints would be epic 

-Gurley to the Browns in rd 1? dont see it happening after the TRich debacle but who knows 

-Green-beckham in the top 25! 

-Redskins getting B Jones in the 2nd would be a steal for them 

-I'd give the Jets a B/B+ so far. Johnson not sure about, seems like the same player as Ivory/Ridley. Cooper would love at 6. Eli Harold the OLB we've been looking for. 

Rationale behind my pick of Donovan Smith, OT, Penn St for Buffalo:

I don't think he ends up an OT in the NFL.  The Bills need help on the interior and I think Smith will provide that.  I had a couple corners I was targeting there (Rowe and Darby) but both were taken before me.  Smith represented a guy who was close to being my BPA and also filled a major need.  After having gone pure BPA with a defensive player on my first pick (2nd round, # 50 overall - Danielle Hunter) I felt comfortable with this pick in round 3. 

Now the long wait before my next pick in Round 5.  Sigh.

Rationale behind my pick of Donovan Smith, OT, Penn St for Buffalo:

I don't think he ends up an OT in the NFL.  The Bills need help on the interior and I think Smith will provide that.  I had a couple corners I was targeting there (Rowe and Darby) but both were taken before me.  Smith represented a guy who was close to being my BPA and also filled a major need.  After having gone pure BPA with a defensive player on my first pick (2nd round, # 50 overall - Danielle Hunter) I felt comfortable with this pick in round 3. 

Now the long wait before my next pick in Round 5.  Sigh.

Good pick, another guy I hoped might slip through the cracks.  The good thing about players like this is they move inside to guard but they have played outside so it provides depth at the tackle spot as well in a pinch.

Good pick, another guy I hoped might slip through the cracks.  The good thing about players like this is they move inside to guard but they have played outside so it provides depth at the tackle spot as well in a pinch.

Kind of what I was thinking as well; versatility is key for this team.  The Bills only have good OL money tied up in Center.  Meaning they could put Smith wherever he fits best and easily dispatch the guy he's replacing at any time. 

Pick is in, PM sent to jetscanes331

Third felt right for Iko, he wasn't going to make it to my fourth I think. Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda been the top CB this year.

So far the top pass rushing prospect in the draft, one of the better LT prospects in the draft, and the preseason #1 DB...not too shabby.

Sorry for the delay fellas. Couldn't get away from work to make the pick earlier!

The Eagles fill a big need with WR.. and get a nice big target for their new shiny QB. These two will literally be attached at the hip from now until the first game of the season. 

Pick is in, PM sent to jetscanes331

Third felt right for Iko, he wasn't going to make it to my fourth I think. Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda been the top CB this year.

So far the top pass rushing prospect in the draft, one of the better LT prospects in the draft, and the preseason #1 DB...not too shabby.

You sound like Rex! "The" top pass rushing prospect is a reach. A Good LT prospect and a 3rd round DB?

OK... if you say so. :character0053:

Why would the top pass rushing prospect is reach at 17? Weird.

There are many who question Dupree's ability to bring it to the pro level.  Gholston similarities.  Personally, I don't think he's going to be a Gholston.  But there some who do

Why would the top pass rushing prospect is reach at 17? Weird.

I said your description of him as the "top rushing prospect" was a reach... not picking him at 17. If he was what you say he is, he would have been taken before Beasley, Ray, Fowler and a drug induced Gregory.

You picked him right around where he should have been picked.

Archived