JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many who question Dupree's ability to bring it to the pro level.  Gholston similarities.  Personally, I don't think he's going to be a Gholston.  But there some who do

Those people are making a bad, lazy comp based around Gholston being a freak athlete. He wasn't, not relative to other NFL DE/OLB prospects.

I said your description of him as the "top rushing prospect" was a reach... not picking him at 17. If he was what you say he is, he would have been taken before Beasley, Ray, Fowler and a drug induced Gregory.

You picked him right around where he should have been picked.

#Science

But seriously, while we're sitting around waiting, what grade would you guys give the Bills so far?  Asking for a friend.

The Bills get an "F" for hiring Rex.

Oh... you mean the Bills draft under your GMship....

Well they sure could use help at OT and OLB.  No Kiko anymore.

Good job.  Too bad you didn't have a round 1.  

6. New York Jets — Georgia RB Todd Gurley: If his surgically repaired knee shows the expected progress, his stock could rise this far up the board. Sure, new Jets coach Todd Bowles could use a better edge rusher. But he's also seen firsthand in the NFC West what can happen when you pair a stud runner with a young quarterback and strong defense, and Gurley has drawn many comparisons to Marshawn Lynch.

6. New York Jets — Georgia RB Todd Gurley: If his surgically repaired knee shows the expected progress, his stock could rise this far up the board. Sure, new Jets coach Todd Bowles could use a better edge rusher. But he's also seen firsthand in the NFC West what can happen when you pair a stud runner with a young quarterback and strong defense, and Gurley has drawn many comparisons to Marshawn Lynch.

Huh?  Jets didn't draft Gurley in this draft.  I will freakin scream bloody murder if they take a back at #6.  You want an early RB, then trade back.  Otherwise wait till a later round

keep up the good work men! my notes:

-Raiders having an awesome draft so far

-Dorsett on the fast turf with the Saints would be epic 

-Gurley to the Browns in rd 1? dont see it happening after the TRich debacle but who knows 

-Green-beckham in the top 25! 

-Redskins getting B Jones in the 2nd would be a steal for them 

-I'd give the Jets a B/B+ so far. Johnson not sure about, seems like the same player as Ivory/Ridley. Cooper would love at 6. Eli Harold the OLB we've been looking for. 

4. David Johnson, Northern Iowa

Who better than a former wide receiver to throw to out of the backfield? Johnson broke several school receiving records in high school, but quickly outgrew the position and is now a 225-pound rusher whose hands are as soft as any back in the draft. Johnson impressed NFL coaches and scouts at the Senior Bowl in January with his ability to catch the ball. Look for Johnson to be picked in the middle rounds, ahead of bigger names from bigger schools.

NFL fit: San Diego Chargers. There is a reasonable chance the Chargers address the running back position in the first round with Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon. If they don't, watch for Johnson as a strong value pick later in the draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109078&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

This is from Brian Baldinger's first mock draft... It's just more evidence that he shouldn't be doing mock drafts. If the Jets take a RB with #6 overall half the Jets fan base will have their heads explode.

I am unashamed of my Hardy homerism.

I was contemplating him with the next pick. I decided to go with Conley.  I considered some other positions, but I didn't want to leave WR too long for the Ravens.  I figured I could shotgun it in the later rounds, but it smelled too much like the 2014 Jets.  There were some other WRs I might like a bit better, but I think the Ravens need some size across from Smith.

They do need help, but they need it on offense. 

Rex might not be as bad off on offense as everyone thinks.  Bills offense needs better QB.  Cassell /Manuel isn't too pretty.  I like the Donovan pick for them in this mock. They need all the help they can get on that line. But after that, the rest of their offense is pretty good on paper. RB is set with McCoy and Jackson.  WR are good with Watkins, Harvin and Woods.  They signed Clay in FA with an eye popping $25 million guaranteed so I guess Rex thinks he is set at that position. They signed Incognito at G.  They also have Wood locked in at C with a long term contract.    

2.50:  Danielle Hunter

3.81:  Donovan Smith

No 1st or 4th rounder.

I love the Donovan Smith pick in the 3rd, as I think you mentioned earlier, he can play either guard or tackle so he gives them some flexibility. If it was me, I probably would have double dipped at OL.  I don't like Incognito -- he will be 32 by the time the season starts and he has not played a game in a season and a half and he was not that great before that.  Their tackles are serviceable -- Henderson had a solid rookie year and Cordy Glenn is OK, but can be upgraded.  I probably would have gone either Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann at that spot.  Hunter is good value there, but I think there were other players who were equally good value that would have better filled a need.

Nice pick, Brick -- Michael Bennett to the Packers.  I took him in the exact same spot when I drafted for the Packers last month.  I guess great minds think alike -- either that or we are both equally clueless, I am not quite sure which.

Nice pick, Brick -- Michael Bennett to the Packers. I took him in the exact same spot when I drafted for the Packers last month. I guess great minds think alike -- either that or we are both equally clueless, I am not quite sure which.

Haha, thanks! I guess we'll find out.

Chargers are having a killer draft .

Gd right they are

2.50:  Danielle Hunter

3.81:  Donovan Smith

No 1st or 4th rounder.

Hunter is probably in a good situation for him, but would have went with Preston Smith in the context of this mock.

Smith was making the best of a meh draft.

I love the Donovan Smith pick in the 3rd, as I think you mentioned earlier, he can play either guard or tackle so he gives them some flexibility. If it was me, I probably would have double dipped at OL. I don't like Incognito -- he will be 32 by the time the season starts and he has not played a game in a season and a half and he was not that great before that. Their tackles are serviceable -- Henderson had a solid rookie year and Cordy Glenn is OK, but can be upgraded. I probably would have gone either Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann at that spot. Hunter is good value there, but I think there were other players who were equally good value that would have better filled a need.

Agree on Smith. Don't agree Rex allows them to take two offensive players with first two picks. But l don't know if Hunter is a good fit for that defense and what Rex likes/expects from his OLBs. Not sure though. It would be ironic if Rex went out and took a type of player he never seemed overly concerned about not having with the Jets (edge rusher) with his first pick with his new team. Especially with Hughes resigned.

Agree on Smith. Don't agree Rex allows them to take two offensive players with first two picks. But l don't know if Hunter is a good fit for that defense and what Rex likes/expects from his OLBs. Not sure though. It would be ironic if Rex went out and took a type of player he never seemed overly concerned about not having with the Jets (edge rusher) with his first pick with his new team. Especially with Hughes resigned.

I agree that it is unlikely that Rex would take two offensive players with his first two picks (although his first two picks as Jets HC were Sanchez and Shonn Greene).  I was commenting on what I would have done if I was picking for the Bills in this mock.  For them to compete this year with a good defense, good RBs and questionable QB, they need to upgrade the OL.   

This next round brings up what I don't like about mock drafts.  I have 3 4th rounders in the span of about 10 picks.  I could move one, but I can't move the low one because it is a comp pick.   I have 3 5ths and a 6th.  I'd probably rather have a few 7ths to throw around, but the value probably isn't there.  I will submit my PFA list after Mr. Irrelevant.

To build a team I'd rather it be this way (thanks Ozzie) but to play mock, I'd prefer more spread and some 7ths.

Archived