NY Jets Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Option

flgreen

I would definitely do it for a 4th. Chances are its 2nd ..maybe 3rd that would do it. But they need a solid back up and we don't have the depth at QB to make up for it.

Trade Wilkerson. We got more than enough depth on the D-line. We can't keep all of these players and eventually some will walk. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade him for what though? Certainly not straight up for Glennon. What is a potential young all pro 3-4 end worth?

Trade Wilkerson and a 4th rounder for Glennon and Tampa's 2nd. Remember, more than a back up QB, Tampa needs starters everywhere on that team and one of Tampa's biggest needs is at DE, and they can add to other positions with young talent while picking up a vet to mentor Winston in free agency. Glennon may be a nice back up, but he wont be mentoring Winston, he'd probably be looking to leave the organization. 

Trade Wilkerson. We got more than enough depth on the D-line. We can't keep all of these players and eventually some will walk. 

Trading Mo for Glennon is the NFL equivalent of being raped without a kiss.  No way this is an equitable deal.  

Trade Wilkerson and a 4th rounder for Glennon and Tampa's 2nd. Remember, more than a back up QB, Tampa needs starters everywhere on that team and one of Tampa's biggest needs is at DE, and they can add to other positions with young talent while picking up a vet to mentor Winston in free agency. Glennon may be a nice back up, but he wont be mentoring Winston, he'd probably be looking to leave the organization. 

I think Wilkerson (young stud end) is worth more than a 2 even a high 2. Maybe Glennon their 2nd and 3rd for for Wilk and our 4th. Wilk is already a sure thing while neither Glennon or the pick are.

Trading Mo for Glennon is the NFL equivalent of being raped without a kiss.  No way this is an equitable deal.  

I can see your point. I'd rather extend Richardson than Wilkerson. I doubt that we're able to keep both. And if this is a QB driven league then I say take the chance on what you see. If Glennon isn't a Franchise QB then you still have a guy thats better than every QB you have on your roster and you have the funds to extend Richardson and immediate depth on the D line given that we picked up the 5th year option on Coples along with an extra 2nd round pick. If Glennon does end up being a Franchise QB then it would end up as being the greatest sex you've ever had without a kiss. 

Ehhh... I don't like him enough to trade Wilk if a deal can be worked out for him. Coples now? .. that's a different story but we just picked his option up so I doubt that happens.

I can see your point. I'd rather extend Richardson than Wilkerson. I doubt that we're able to keep both. And if this is a QB driven league then I say take the chance on what you see. If Glennon isn't a Franchise QB then you still have a guy thats better than every QB you have on your roster and you have the funds to extend Richardson and immediate depth on the D line given that we picked up the 5th year option on Coples with an extra 2nd round pick. If Glennon does end up being a Franchise QB then it would end up as being great sex without a kiss. 

I agree with Richardson being worth more than Wilk. Richardson brings the vocal presence that as far as I know Wilk doesn't. Plus I think he's a better player.

I think Wilkerson (young stud end) is worth more than a 2 even a high 2. Maybe Glennon their 2nd and 3rd for for Wilk and our 4th. Wilk is already a sure thing while neither Glennon or the pick are.

I think if you trade Wilkerson straight up you could get a mid to late 1st round pick for him. If you're looking to trade him for a player as well then  you will have to spread the wealth. The 2nd pick in the 2nd round is still the 34th pick in the draft. Its not that big a deal. If you want you can use that pick to trade back into the first or trade it down. Its not like its the bottom of the 2nd round. 

When you say Glennon isn't a sure thing, I take that as him being a bonafide franchise QB. No, I can't say that, what I can say is that he'd be the best QB on our roster convincingly. 

Ehhh... I don't like him enough to trade Wilk if a deal can be worked out for him. Coples now? .. that's a different story but we just picked his option up so I doubt that happens.

Of course. People are always willing to take and not give if they have the opportunity to do so. Wilkerson is a sure thing, but we've been losing with him for how many years now? I dont think plugging in Coples or one of our depth guys is going to suddenly destroy the d-line. The guy plays the 5 technique, its not even the first or 2nd most important position in a 3-4 defense. 

I can see your point. I'd rather extend Richardson than Wilkerson. I doubt that we're able to keep both. And if this is a QB driven league then I say take the chance on what you see. If Glennon isn't a Franchise QB then you still have a guy thats better than every QB you have on your roster and you have the funds to extend Richardson and immediate depth on the D line given that we picked up the 5th year option on Coples with an extra 2nd round pick. If Glennon does end up being a Franchise QB then it would end up as being the greatest sex you've ever had without a kiss. 

I think worrying about having to choose between Mo and Richardson is very premature.  Lots can happen in the next year or two.  There is no reason to devalue him.

I agree with Richardson being worth more than Wilk. Richardson brings the vocal presence that as far as I know Wilk doesn't. Plus I think he's a better player.

Exactly. What happens when we extend Wilkerson to a deal worth 11 to 12 million, am I to expect that the Jets will pay Richardson the same? We're not going to be able to keep all of these guys, the best thing imo to do is to try to spread the talent around. Im talking about trading a guy at a position where we have talent for days for a guy who can instantly upgrade the most important position on the field (as they say). 

No. I won't. People should choose their words more wisely.

Seriously you think violating women is cool?

Why don't you grow up and learn to speak like an adult?

Dude, a good percentage of Jetnation have avatars/sigs with half naked women, and even mods have made multiple threads created of women wearing almost nothing etc. 

You're being selective right now bro. We both know that he wasnt being literal. 

In order for you to leave a topic right, the best way for you to do it is in fact to leave the topic alone. Personally, I dont want you to. I enjoy forums for moments like this. Now, I do believe that im knowledgeable in regards to the topics that I stand behind. I wouldnt call it superior, but I would call it "more knowledgeable than others who'd rather refer to peoples nuts than supporting their position with info". Here's your guru comment when you were talking about a Williams being "allegedly" the best player in the draft.

Remember, you were the guy who didnt look at a guy, but took advice of others. Remember what my response was? 

You said yourself that you barely watched him, yet proclaimed status based on others. My position on Glennon is based on "me". Now you take this as me acting superior, no, its me acting like I actually looked at the guy and Im supporting my position with GIF's which I learned how to do just to support my position. 

Your rebuttal was:

And I took this with laughter behind my keyboard. Look, Lets disagree okay. Im not belittling you, im solidifying my position thats all. I can't belittle someone without touching a nerve...and I know you're bigger than letting me get you so tight like that. 

Now, this is your time to leave it alone. I like our convo so if you respond expect me to. If you dont want to talk about my sucking of mens bodily parts, then Im in complete agreement because thats not really kosher. However, if you like to continue then please understand that I will do stuff like this: 

Please show me passes like this that Geno has completed against #1 type defenses. And if you like to challenge it then I will provide GIF's of Geno taking 10 and 15 yard sacks in these areas of the field consistently. sh*t, I could do GIFs of Glennon throwing the ball away and not knocking the offense out of field goal range with ridiculous sacks like we've seen Geno consistently do in his 30+ games. And that has nothing to do with his WR's, that has to do with QB decision making. This is what it looks like when a QB keeps his eyes down the field. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

2015-04-11%2017_41_18.gif

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

Or threading it between 3 defenders while watching his "ALL WORLD" WR drop the pass. (Some other poster, not you, will say that this was a lousy pass lol)

2015-04-11%2017_23_45.gif

Now lets be friends, we can disagree without you referring to homosexual acts because you're frustrated. That only lets me know that you can't defend your position, it doesnt actually bother me. :-)

Dude threads the needle my friend. Geno doesnt. Thats the QB doing that, not Evans or Jackson. 

Glennon%20TD%20reversed.gif

Here is a video of Smith making every throw.  Threading the needle, with touch, deep ball accuracy etc.  Granted this was taken from college footage but the guy does a great job breaking this down.  Had Geno been allowed to develop properly we would have seen more evidence of this instead just flashes and inconsistency.  With all of that his last 4 games he finished with a rating of 87.4, 88.2, 83.9 and 158.3.  He had 6 tds and only 2 interceptions compl. pct. of 62, 57, 63 and 80.  I don't know but I see growth and progress.  I also see someone who responded well to adversity in the biggest media market in the country.  Not everyone can handle playing in NY.  Geno has proven that he can. 

I think the kids best football is ahead of him.   With the proper coaching it is my opinion that he can be that quarterback to take us to the next level.  If we trade for Glennon they can battle it out in camp.  I think it would great battle and when it is all said and done, who ever wins, the Jets are the ultimate winner because we would have two emerging young quarterbacks.   If that happens, after all he has been through, I will be rooting for Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

Lastly, You asked a question in another thread about Leonard Williams and I made a simple comment that he was the unanimous top ranked defensive player in the draft.  From that you extrapolated that I don't do any research or had any and opinions based on my own personal observations.  Then you bring that into this thread as if it had anything to do with this topic.  Well you were wrong then and you are wrong now.

Smith from 2013.  I stress again, look at who he is throwing to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83IB4S76BI8   

Combination of 2013 and 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BarvdZbLbHk

You want to make gifs of Genos' mistakes; knock yourself out.   

Dude, a good percentage of Jetnation have avatars/sigs with half naked women, and even mods have made multiple threads created of women wearing almost nothing etc.

You're being selective right now bro. We both know that he wasnt being literal.

I almost exclusively look at the site on my phone for that reason. It's not something I'm going to step up on a soapbox for. I understand this is a football website and the testosterone here is through the roof. But it costs nothing to be civil and nothing to have some tact. There are thousands of other comparisons to be made. If you can't make your point without equivocating it to a dastardly and despicable act, then maybe that person needs to reevaluate how they represent themselves. It's a bad look and shouldn't embe encouraged or condoned.

Here is a video of Smith making every throw.  Threading the needle, with touch, deep ball accuracy etc.  Granted this was taken from college footage but the guy does a great job breaking this down.  Had Geno been allowed to develop properly we would have seen more evidence of this instead just flashes and inconsistency.  With all of that his last 4 games he finished with a rating of 87.4, 88.2, 83.9 and 158.3.  He had 6 tds and only 2 interceptions compl. pct. of 62, 57, 63 and 80.  I don't know but I see growth and progress.  I also see someone who responded well to adversity in the biggest media market in the country.  Not everyone can handle playing in NY.  Geno has proven that he can. 

I think the kids best football is ahead of him.   With the proper coaching it is my opinion that he can be that quarterback to take us to the next level.  If we get trade for Glennon they can battle it out in camp.  I think it would great battle and when it is all said and done, who ever wins, the Jets are the ultimate winner because we would have two emerging young quarterbacks.   If that happens, after all he has been through, I will be rooting for Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

Lastly, You asked a question in another thread about Leonard Williams and I made a simple comment that he was the unanimous top ranked defensive player in the draft.  From that you extrapolated that I don't do any research or any and opinions based on my own personal observations.  Then you bring that into this thread as if it had anything to do with this topic.  Well you were wrong then and you are wrong now.   

There you go Blue! I can respect this right here. I dont have to agree (though I do partially) but I must respect it. 

Welcome back bro, you were kinda going left field on me there for a second. Don't take my sh*t personal bro. I break balls, but as I told you in another thread, im just messing with you. Its like that. 

Now, my attention is somewhere else at the moment so I will have to leave this here. CrazyCarl is going H.A.M on Mostro and sh*t is about to get interesting! lol. 

Seriously you think violating women is cool?

Why don't you grow up and learn to speak like an adult?

On the other hand, maybe it's your sphincter that's bruised.  Talk about reading way too much into an analogy that isn't exactly new.   But thanks for the lecture, anyway.

I don't want to detract from the topic any further, so if you have a problem with what I said, message me. I'll be glad to take anyone to school about how it's not okay to be an asshat.

That said, I'd welcome a Glennon trade as long as it made sense. Wilkerson being a part of that could make sense, depending on what is sent back with Glennon. I'd presume it would have to be some high picks.

I almost exclusively look at the site on my phone for that reason. It's not something I'm going to step up on a soapbox for. I understand this is a football website and the testosterone here is through the roof. But it costs nothing to be civil and nothing to have some tact. There are thousands of other comparisons to be made. If you can't make your point without equivocating it to a dastardly and despicable act, then maybe that person needs to reevaluate how they represent themselves. It's a bad look and shouldn't embe encouraged or condoned.

And on the same token, it wouldnt have taken much to show that noble position and PM'ing him instead of making a scene in the thread. Not saying that it was your intention, but when we all see the stuff that goes on around here it gives the impression that you're being selective. 

If you notice I typically dont comment in those threads. Matter of fact, the last one that I commented on I said that one of the girls had a "man face" lol. But generally that's just not my thing either. But at the same time I dont put a guy on front street like that, especially when its obvious that he didnt mean it like that. 

There was a thread that was made a week or two ago and I made the comment of all the feminist propaganda going around as them being "feminazi's". It was a Joke. A mod deleted it. I didnt realize it for like a day or two. I didnt trip because whoever the mod was that deleted it didnt try to put me on blast for what they thought was distasteful. They deleted it, and and decided not to comment in the thread because obviously my opinion isn't welcomed, and it didnt have to be if it came off as being distasteful.

Your position is noble, the way you went about it was kinda wack. lol. 

I don't want to detract from the topic any further, so if you have a problem with what I said, message me. I'll be glad to take anyone to school about how it's not okay to be an asshat.

That said, I'd welcome a Glennon trade as long as it made sense. Wilkerson being a part of that could make sense, depending on what is sent back with Glennon. I'd presume it would have to be some high picks.

:rl:   

If I can convince you of this, I feel strongly that I can convince Woody and Maccagnan! 

The very idea that this thread has devolved into the discussion of trading Wilk, who under Bowles could develop into a perennial all pro lineman, in any kind of package for Glennon has reached the level of total absurdity.   I was on board for a 4th and if someone twisted my arm I MIGHT have agreed to a 3rd but now we have reached bizarro world status.... 

The very idea that this thread has devolved into the discussion of trading Wilk, who under Bowles could develop into a perennial all pro lineman, in any kind of package for Glennon has reached the level of total absurdity. I was on board for a 4th and if someone twisted my arm I MIGHT have agreed to a 3rd but now we have reached bizarro world status....

Thank you. Correct response. You don't say, "hey! Let's trade a very good player because it would be challenging to keep him and another very good player at the same time" and tbh its not that impossible with the cap going up.

There was that one time you said women get raped because they go places and wear things, but other than that, yeah, you do a great job of staying above it all.

What I actually said was these women (in particular) need to stop putting themselves in position to become victims. But I dont expect people who can't fathom the point to understand that, but instead call me the biggest a$$hole ever! lol.

But hey, if im living life in order for everyone to like me and to avoid trouble then im not really living life am I? 

Archived