NY Jets Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Option

flgreen

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want attention. I will not give it to you. 

I really don't want any attention. And sorry for attacking you like that. I am better than that. But dude, you have the avatar of the benched QB of a team that is picking first in the upcoming draft. This will be like me nominating my fat and ugly wife(truth) the most beatiful woman in my town. 

Sorry. You look like you are trolling this board big time. You can't be real dude. Sorry. 

I really don't want any attention. And sorry for attacking you like that. I am better than that. But dude, you have the avatar of the benched QB of a team that is picking first in the upcoming draft. This will be like me nominating my fat and ugly wife(truth) the most beatiful woman in my town. 

Sorry. You look like you are trolling this board big time. You can't be real dude. Sorry. 

Apology accepted. I will pay you attention now  :winking0001:

Let me put it like this, If your fat ugly wife isn't the most beautiful women in town in your eyes then its clear that you believe that beauty is only on the surface. 

Lastly, I can't be trolling when im basically in one thread. Go to any other thread right now and see if there's much activity from me. By definition that isn't trolling. 

Now go kiss your wife. 

I think if you trade Wilkerson straight up you could get a mid to late 1st round pick for him. If you're looking to trade him for a player as well then  you will have to spread the wealth. The 2nd pick in the 2nd round is still the 34th pick in the draft. Its not that big a deal. If you want you can use that pick to trade back into the first or trade it down. Its not like its the bottom of the 2nd round. 

When you say Glennon isn't a sure thing, I take that as him being a bonafide franchise QB. No, I can't say that, what I can say is that he'd be the best QB on our roster convincingly. 

I understand but you had Wilk and a 4th for glennon and their second. The 4th would be for glennon which essentially leaves Wilk for a second. Glennon was drafted in the third originally and I don't think he improved his value. Maybe Wilk for Glennon and their 2nd.

I'm all for trading for Glennon (4th, maybe, big maybe for a 3rd).

But I wouldn't trade Mo for him in any sort of player and pics swap. We overrate Mo, sure. But he's still a very very good player. And the cap is going up every year. Small sample size and shirt amount of time, but I don't see Macc giving him a Watt or Suh type deal.

I understand but you had Wilk and a 4th for glennon and their second. The 4th would be for glennon which essentially leaves Wilk for a second. Glennon was drafted in the third originally and I don't think he improved his value. Maybe Wilk for Glennon and their 2nd.

If they go for it, why not? However, if I feel strongly on Glennon then im not going to let a 4th rounder get in the way of me potentially having an answer at QB. Outside of the fact that the draft is pretty much a crap shoot, the first 3 rounds are pretty much where you draft your starters/potential starters, the 4th through 7th round is where you can really create a team, but 80% of those picks are basically duds, the other 20% special teams with the occasional star. I would take the deal you mentioned, but if the Bucs asked for the Jets to add a 4th rounder and they said "no" i'd be f'ing livid. 

No. I won't. People should choose their words more wisely.

I thought he chose wisely. Do you also refer to a manhole as a person hole? I guess sarcasm is beyond your level of abstract thinking. There are much more important things to worry about than off color remarks on a football message board. I guess you're one of those people whose life is quite dull so you have to look for drama. You've honestly never heard the phrase "getting raped" used in one sided affairs other than that of malicious forceful sexual encounters? No one advocated raping women.

Really?

Something tells me it was those 6 (six) All Pros on D. But sure, maybe it was Thug Life Light.

same d couldn't get there with smith

what is so unusual/undraftable about a college QB who needs time to learn the NFL ?   he's not some east dakota state DIII prospect

same d couldn't get there with smith

what is so unusual/undraftable about a college QB who needs time to learn the NFL ? he's not some east dakota state DIII prospect

The #6 overall pick.

Sorry, I'm not using the #6 for a guy to sit. Now, #26? OK. Sure. I'll do that. Aaron Rodgers was #24 I think.

ETA: Pretty sure Alex Smith was at a 70% completion % when he got benched. I don't know what would have happened had he stayed the QB, no one does.

I'm all for trading for Glennon (4th, maybe, big maybe for a 3rd).

But I wouldn't trade Mo for him in any sort of player and pics swap. We overrate Mo, sure. But he's still a very very good player. And the cap is going up every year. Small sample size and shirt amount of time, but I don't see Macc giving him a Watt or Suh type deal.

Let me go at it this way. Let me ask you this. Do you think Mike Glennon is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith?  

Not for nothing but why would you be willing to trade Wilkerson before he gets a chance to play under Bowles?  I mean is known for putting players in position to maximize their strengths.  Wilk could become a truly dominant defensive player; I am not trading that for Mike Glennon and a 2nd round pick. 

The #6 overall pick.

Sorry, I'm not using the #6 for a guy to sit. Now, #26? OK. Sure. I'll do that. Aaron Rodgers was #24 I think.

#6 or #24 really  makes no difference. Generally you have 1 pick per round, so either a guy is a 1st round prospect or not. If the guy you picked needs to sit and develop that should change because you drafted him with the 6th pick and not the 24th when its still a 1st round pick. Either that or draft someone else. 

Alot of times teams destroy talent because they push the envelope before putting in the proper work. Eveything is microwaveable, no one wants to use the oven. 

#6 or #24 really makes no difference. Generally you have 1 pick per round, so either a guy is a 1st round prospect or not. If the guy you picked needs to sit and develop that should change because you drafted him with the 6th pick and not the 24th when its still a 1st round pick. Either that or draft someone else.

Alot of times teams destroy talent because they push the envelope before putting in the proper work. Eveything is microwaveable, no one wants to use the oven.

Gotta disagree. #6 needs to play that year. I would say that if you're drafted top 10 you should contribute that year.

Also, if you're picking in the mid - high 20s, you're a decent team already and can afford to wait.

Not for nothing but why would you be willing to trade Wilkerson before he gets a chance to play under Bowles?  I mean is known for putting players in position to maximize their strengths.  Wilk could become a truly dominant defensive player; I am not trading that for Mike Glennon and a 2nd round pick. 

The reason being is that sooner rather than later the cap will be an issue again. Richardson in my opinion is a superior player and Coples could potentially fill Mo's spot. It's just thinking past this year. We won't be able to pay both our DEs big money and keep the team deep through out the roster. So instead of being reactive I advocate being proactive and getting something for him while his value is high. I don't need to see Mo under Bowles I already know Mo is a very good player. I don't think Mo is an impact player though just a very good one. I wouldn't be upset if he's still on the roster don't get me wrong.

Potentially, and yes.

So you believe that Glennon is better than the incumbent, yet you're willing to keep Wilkerson, who is a very very good player but doesnt impact the game the way a QB does? You'd rather keep a guy who basically was very good for us on 4 mediocre/horrible seasons instead of getting a guy who you believe is a better QB simply to keep a guy that plays a position that we have clear depth at?

I respect your opinion, but this is why the Jets dont go anywhere. This reminds me of how the Jets would draft defense in the 1st round for 6 years straight then wonder why the offense doesnt work.  We have all this depth at the D-line and you're not willing to give up a very good player in return for a player thats an upgrade to the most important position on the field and a 2nd round pick. 

Now given the moves that we made this offseason I doubt that we will win just 4 games, but if the QB position doesnt really provide anything more then I guess its cool for as long as Wilkerson is a Jet. I can't ascribe to that type of logic. I'd rather take a chance on finding a solution for a big problem, not stock piling talent on one position that doesnt impact the game in regards to wins and losses consistently. 

The #6 overall pick.

ETA: Pretty sure Alex Smith was at a 70% completion % when he got benched. I don't know what would have happened had he stayed the QB, no one does.

smith was benched for having small balls.  

I've been waiting since 1981 , I can wait 2 more years.  so what is the better option ? another spread QB like petty ? an unavailable back up like glennon ? (key phrase there is back-up)  wait til some future day when the jets don't win a meaningless game in december and actually wind up with the #1 pick when mannings son comes out ?

The reason being is that sooner rather than later the cap will be an issue again. Richardson in my opinion is a superior player and Coples could potentially fill Mo's spot. It's just thinking past this year. We won't be able to pay both our DEs big money and keep the team deep through out the roster. So instead of being reactive I advocate being proactive and getting something for him while his value is high. I don't need to see Mo under Bowles I already know Mo is a very good player. I don't think Mo is an impact player though just a very good one. I wouldn't be upset if he's still on the roster don't get me wrong.

He is a good player but he could be come truly dominant under Bowles.  I know all about the contract situation; it is not about being reactive, it is about fielding the best football team you can and the Jets are a better team with Mo Wilk.   They will have options and if Coples has the year I think he will, there is always the possibility of moving him for picks in a year.  Right now, I want to keep intact our defensive line and see how good they can be under Bowles. 

Gotta disagree. #6 needs to play that year. I would say that if you're drafted top 10 you should contribute that year.

Also, if you're picking in the mid - high 20s, you're a decent team already and can afford to wait.

Not true. The Jets had I believe the 29th pick in the draft the year they drafted Kyle Wilson. They had a 9-7 regular season record and happen to go on a 2 game winning streak in the playoffs. Our draft position didnt reflect the quality of the team. 

So you believe that Glennon is better than the incumbent, yet you're willing to keep Wilkerson, who is a very very good player but doesnt impact the game the way a QB does? You'd rather keep a guy who basically was very good for us on 4 mediocre/horrible seasons instead of getting a guy who you believe is a better QB simply to keep a guy that plays a position that we have clear depth at?

I respect your opinion, but this is why the Jets dont go anywhere. This reminds me of how the Jets would draft defense in the 1st round for 6 years straight then wonder why the offense doesnt work. We have all this depth at the oline and you're not willing to give up a very good player in return for a player thats an upgrade to the most important position on the field and a 2nd round pick.

Now given the moves that we made this offseason I doubt that we will win just 4 games, but if the QB position doesnt really provide anything more then I guess its cool for as long as Wilkerson is a Jet. I can't ascribe to that type of logic. I'd rather take a chance on finding a solution for a big problem, not stock piling talent on one position that doesnt impact the game in regards to wins and losses consistently.

I know what I'm getting with Mo. And I also think Bowles is going to make this D even better. I don't think we need to include a proven player in a deal like this. I'm all for trading an unknown (3rd, 4th) for a somewhat known (Glennon). I just don't see why we need to make this a hockey trade and include Mo. We can have both.

smith was benched for having small balls.

I've been waiting since 1981 , I can wait 2 more years. so what is the better option ? another spread QB like petty ? an unavailable back up like glennon ? (key phrase there is back-up) wait til some future day when the jets don't win a meaningless game in december and actually wind up with the #1 pick when mannings son comes out ?

JMO, but...

I don't really care for any of these QBs. I somewhat agree with the notion of drafting QBs every year until you find one. But yeah, I'd rather draft Petty or Manion later than draft an also major question mark with the #6.

I should also say that while I'm 99% sure Geno will suck, I'm on board with at least seeing what comes out of Camp/pre season.

So to summarize: Yes to Glennon, but not for Mo. No to MM at #6 ( or higher).

I know what I'm getting with Mo. And I also think Bowles is going to make this D even better. I don't think we need to include a proven player in a deal like this. I'm all for trading an unknown (3rd, 4th) for a somewhat known (Glennon). I just don't see why we need to make this a hockey trade and include Mo. We can have both.

So on top of the fact that you also think that Bowles will make the D even better you're still not willing to compensate on the defensive side, particularly where our greatest depth lays in order to get a "somewhat known" (yet still better than Geno) Mike Glennon along with the 34th pick in the draft and provide talent at the QB position? 

And you all in for trying to trade an unknown for a somewhat known and expect the person on the other side of the negotiation table to look at that as a fair trade? 

So on top of the fact that you also think that Bowles will make the D even better you're still not willing to compensate on the defensive side, particularly where our greatest depth lays in order to get a "somewhat known" (yet still better than Geno) Mike Glennon along with the 34th pick in the draft and provide talent at the QB position?

And you all in for trying to trade an unknown for a somewhat known and expect the person on the other side of the negotiation table to look at that as a fair trade?

I just think you're giving up way too much. They can be happy with a 3rd or they can go piss up a rope. I'm not giving away a guy in his prime for a player that I do like, but might or might not be all that.

JMO, but...

I don't really care for any of these QBs. I somewhat agree with the notion of drafting QBs every year until you find one. But yeah, I'd rather draft Petty or Manion later than draft an also major question mark with the #6.

I should also say that while I'm 99% sure Geno will suck, I'm on board with at least seeing what comes out of Camp/pre season.

So to summarize: Yes to Glennon, but not for Mo. No to MM at #6 ( or higher).

so yes to the back up who was benched and is being replaced....by a rookie ?  who I guess has no question marks ?

now I'm really confused

mariucci said mannion has a ton of bad habits.  the best thing you can say about him is he's 6'5".   well sh*t, so am I

petty is a spread guy that when his #1 read isn't wide open, he won't throw it.  sounds like a lot of sacks and punts to me

the draft is a crap shot from the first pick on down.  clowney didn't contribute sh*t his first year.  you never know what you are going to get.  I say while you are in the neighborhood of top QB's, pick one up 

I just think you're giving up way too much. They can be happy with a 3rd or they can go piss up a rope. I'm not giving away a guy in his prime for a player that I do like, but might or might not be all that.

a 3rd was my original position. Wilkerson was just another hypothetical given that we most likely wont have both him and Richardson two years from the time this conversation ends. 

so yes to the back up who was benched and is being replaced....by a rookie ? who I guess has no question marks ?

now I'm really confused

mariucci said mannion has a ton of bad habits. the best thing you can say about him is he's 6'5". well sh*t, so am I

petty is a spread guy that when his #1 read isn't wide open, he won't throw it. sounds like a lot of sacks and punts to me

the draft is a crap shot from the first pick on down. clowney didn't contribute sh*t his first year. you never know what you are going to get. I say while you are in the neighborhood of top QB's, pick one up

I don't think there is any question that Lovie really screwed up by naming McCown the starter. You need to be fair here. Gkennin is better than McCown.

I don't think there is any question that Lovie really screwed up by naming McCown the starter. You need to be fair here. Gkennin is better than McCown.

agreed, I always thought Lovie was a pretty good coach, not great but above average, but I never understood that and it blew up in his face.

I read a rumor on twitter that Glennon will want out if he doesn't get a fair chance to compete for the starting QB job let the turmoil begin (:

It wouldn't surprise me. I said earlier to people thinking that its impossible for Tampa to trade Glennon because they want him as a "back up" that if they draft Winston its not like he's going to be some mentor to Winston, he's going to want out of Tampa. Their expectations for Glennon doesnt match up with what Glennon ultimately wants. This is why I feel that we dont need an official statement to know that Glennon would be available for trade if Tampa goes QB with the first pick. 

They can get a veteran free agent to back up and mentor Winston. 

Whats crazy is that a good portion of this forum was calling for the Jets to sign McCown before he went to Tampa. Dude never did anything his prior 8 seasons and Jetnation wanted to throw the 34 year old millions and the keys to the franchise for basically a "knee jerk" 8 game season lol.  It was just as crazy with the Johnny Manziel Talk. I would have expected that Glennon would be great to the people who though McCown was something special. lol

Pretty simple.  Mo should be worth more than a 3rd, so...

He is worth more than a 3rd. He's worth a late round first. Glennon is worth more than a 4th round pick too. So, you meet in the middle. Give Wilkerson and a 4th rounder for Glennon and a 2nd rounder. You get Glennon for a 4th and give Wilkerson for the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. 

I guess I was trying to put together some realistic trades, the trading for Glennon with a 4th or 5th rounder I feel would be basically throwing him away. He's not an alleged problem thats over 30 with a huge contract that needs to be liquidated like a Brandon Marshall. 

Archived