I say **** it and trade for Rivers.

SenorGato

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would take our 1st and 2nd in this draft, and next year's draft, for San Diego to consider it.

Worth it and then some.

That said - I'd like to keep the second and use players for that part. I'm OK with Wilkerson and two firsts for Rivers and something else (a pick, a Fluker, iunno).

I think it would take our 1st and 2nd in this draft, and next year's draft, for San Diego to consider it.

Still need a third team to play ball because #6 isn't going to get them MM.  My gut feeling is they are not moving Rivers.  Living in a gated community in San Diego (as he does now) vs one in Los Angeles isn't a huge difference if the potential move is the key issue, as has been reported.  If the money is right, he'll extend.

Still need a third team to play ball because #6 isn't going to get them MM.  My gut feeling is they are not moving Rivers.  Living in a gated community in San Diego (as he does now) vs one in Los Angeles isn't a huge difference if the potential move is the key issue, as has been reported.  If the money is right, he'll extend.

Then why would he mention it? I mean he is going to get 20 mill anyway for as long as he wants to play. You don't risk alienating your teammates, on a whim or the future LA fanbase. 

The diff would be he does not want his kids growing up in Beverly Hills, His personal beliefs are strong and he wants to limit his kids exposure much easier to do in SD than LA. 

The new stadium will take 2 years and Rivers will then be 36, SD should look to move him now or in 2016, It doesn't matter, Don't be surprised if they spend thier 2nd on a QB for sure if Hundley is still there.  It is the right spot in the draft for him, he sits for a year behind Rivers, then his 1st year starting is in another city while he learns the ropes. We know he likes playing in LA and he has a built in fanbase in the new city.

This only gets interesting if Mariota is on the board at six and the phone rings. It sounds like (if you believe any of the Jets-Cleveland/Jets-Philly stuff) the Jets will have the frameworks of a bunch of trades in place if and when that time comes. It should also be noted that the Jets worked out a ton of guys projected to go mid-first round, too. I don't think they're in love with the idea of picking at six anyway, and I'm sure having only four real picks sucks for a GM who just took a sledgehammer to 2/3rds of the roster. In their perfect world, they trade down and pick an OL and an edge rusher, then corner, then QB.

As for Rivers, I think he'd only shoot his way out of town in order to go to Tennessee or Jacksonville. If his major gripe is going to LA, why would he want to come to NY?

This only gets interesting if Mariota is on the board at six and the phone rings. It sounds like (if you believe any of the Jets-Cleveland/Jets-Philly stuff) the Jets will have the frameworks of a bunch of trades in place if and when that time comes. It should also be noted that the Jets worked out a ton of guys projected to go mid-first round, too. I don't think they're in love with the idea of picking at six anyway, and I'm sure having only four real picks sucks for a GM who just took a sledgehammer to 2/3rds of the roster. In their perfect world, they trade down and pick an OL and an edge rusher, then corner, then QB.

As for Rivers, I think he'd only shoot his way out of town in order to go to Tennessee or Jacksonville. If his major gripe is going to LA, why would he want to come to NY?

Agreed.

We've been setting visits with mid-late first rounders like Peat for a reason.

Cool thing is, I think no matter which of those top 6 guys is there, the phone is ringing.

Cooper or White, Mariotta or Fowler, all could warrant a move up for teams that think they are 1 guy away, or that getting 1 stud is better than 4 projects so-to-speak.

I fully expect us to be picking in the teens.

Rivers is overrated and a complete Dbag.  I'd hate having to root for his punk ass.  The guy is not a winner.  He road the coattails of LT when he was dominating the league.  Check the guy's record out when LT wasnt scoring 20 times a year.

No thanks.  I'm definitely not trading multiple picks and Mo Wilk?  HELL NO!!!

Rivers is overrated and a complete Dbag. I'd hate having to root for his punk ass. The guy is not a winner. He road the coattails of LT when he was dominating the league. Check the guy's record out when LT wasnt scoring 20 times a year.

No thanks. I'm definitely not trading multiple picks and Mo Wilk? HELL NO!!!

Rivers showed me a lot in the 2007 AFCCG when he had ACL surgery the Monday before the game, didn't tell anyone and went out and played on one leg against the undefeated Pats. He has heart and is a competitor......I'd definitely take him at the right price.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ok great would love to have Rivers but who would The QB be in San Diego and why would they trade him without having a QB to replace Rivers.

there is a small glimmer of possibility if mariota falls, I think they would love to attract west coast fans of his.  On draft day if they trade for mariota they have a window to then trade rivers or heck even keep both

at the end of the day, I think drafting mariota doesn't mean they are moving on from rivers this year, it means they want mariota to take over for him after he plays out the final year of his contract

they could "ewing" rivers and try to get something for him before just letting him go.

whatever they do I think it happens next off season, not this one

Rivers showed me a lot in the 2007 AFCCG when he had ACL surgery the Monday before the game, didn't tell anyone and went out and played on one leg against the undefeated Pats. He has heart and is a competitor......I'd definitely take him at the right price.

helloooo

you guys are on crack. Rivers for 2 first and a second?... GTFO... he's got a couple years left in him before you have mask a deteriorating body with AP caliber running. No GM will mortgage the next 2 years of drafting for a 34 year old QB. Take a seat. 

Worth it and then some.

That said - I'd like to keep the second and use players for that part. I'm OK with Wilkerson and two firsts for Rivers and something else (a pick, a Fluker, iunno).

what ? Wilkerson and 2 firsts ? for a 34 year old QB who never did anything in the playoffs ? That's like trading 3 no. 1 draft picks and its ridiculous.

I can see pursuing Rivers if Mariota falls to us and SD wants to deal but in no other way will this trade happen.

helloooo

you guys are on crack. Rivers for 2 first and a second?... GTFO... he's got a couple years left in him before you have mask a deteriorating body with AP caliber running. No GM will mortgage the next 2 years of drafting for a 34 year old QB. Take a seat.

Hellllooo.....if your going to quote a post at least read it. ....I NEVER said I'd trade 2 first and a second.....I said at the RIGHT PRICE

Wherever you got 2 ones and a two, it wasn't from the post you quoted lmao

Hellllooo.....if your going to quote a post at least read it. ....I NEVER said I'd trade 2 first and a second.....I said at the RIGHT PRICE

Wherever you got 2 ones and a two, it wasn't from the post you quoted lmao

I wasn't directing it at you specifically. I saw people throw 2 firsts out there in this discussion. I quoted you to illustrate that we're talking about a guy who was around as far back as 2007. Hell he was drafted in 2004.... Think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what ? Wilkerson and 2 firsts ? for a 34 year old QB who never did anything in the playoffs ? That's like trading 3 no. 1 draft picks and its ridiculous.

I can see pursuing Rivers if Mariota falls to us and SD wants to deal but in no other way will this trade happen.

Very well put. Unfortunately, we all are just trying to kill time until the draft so we're gonna have lots of this kind of nonsense for another 3 weeks.

Archived