I say **** it and trade for Rivers.

SenorGato

I'd swap 1sts with SD and give our 2nd in 2016 for Rivers if that would do it......maybe throw in a 4th if that would get it done. If we have Rivers then next year's 2nd wouldn't be as valuable anyways.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets did make a trade, it would probably be a 1 year rental, assuming SD believes Rivers will not resign, and would not sign extension to play in NY/NJ

Even then SD may prefer to take one more shot themselves since trade value would be less then a 1st 

That type of deal has not worked out well in the past, although the 8 games with a healthy Favre were fun to watch  

If the Jets did make a trade, it would probably be a 1 year rental, assuming SD believes Rivers will not resign, and would not sign extension to play in NY/NJ

Even then SD may prefer to take one more shot themselves since trade value would be less then a 1st 

That type of deal has not worked out well in the past, although the 8 games with a healthy Favre were fun to watch  

That cost us a 3rd rd pick I'll take Rogers for that..LOL

If Tennessee can't pull off a deal and passes on Mariota, I would like to see the disgruntled Wilkerson and number six to Oaktown for number four and a second rounder from the Raiders. I think the Jets could sweeten the pot by giving up a two next year and it could be done. With two second rounders the Jets could get a fast third down RB and a capable WR and in the fourth take a LB or OL and that's a pretty sweet haul. 

If Tennessee can't pull off a deal and passes on Mariota, I would like to see the disgruntled Wilkerson and number six to Oaktown for number four and a second rounder from the Raiders. I think the Jets could sweeten the pot by giving up a two next year and it could be done. With two second rounders the Jets could get a fast third down RB and a capable WR and in the fourth take a LB or OL and that's a pretty sweet haul.

Idk....that would be like trading Mo to move up just 2 spots in the first this year, and swapping next year's 2nd rounder for a higher 2nd rounder this season.....not worth it to me.

Only way I could see it making any sense is if the Jets believe Mariota is the answer and that's the only way to get him.....and even if that's the case I'd rather find a better deal than this hypothetical one. I think Mo's worth more than 2 spots in the first and a handful of spots in the 2nd.

WTF?

You're kidding around, right?

I'm assuming you mean that we'd be giving up too much.  The way I see it though, QBs are highly valued.  A 1st rounder was offered for Sam Bradford so I don't think a #6 overall is too much to pay for Kaepernick.  I know he's had his issues but I still think his best football is in front of him (though I certainly could be wrong).  I think he's got a very good arm, has excellent mobility, is incredibly tough and has taken his team to the conference championship twice (though I know Chez did as well and he stinks).  It's probably a pipe-dream anyway as I haven't heard this rumor though it does feel like SF is sort of in rebuilding mode so maybe they'd go for it. 

Didn't we have an option of trading Abraham for Rivers in 2005? My God how things would have been different.

Wow, if true I can't believe Tanny and Mangini would rather take the 1st rounder. I love Mangold, but anytime you can get a QB that good, even if he wasn't established yet he was still a guy taken 4th overall, you should do it.

We still had Pennington but I'm pretty sure he was coming off a season ending injury, cause 2005 was the Brooks Bollinger season if I'm not mistaken.

I'm assuming you mean that we'd be giving up too much. The way I see it though, QBs are highly valued. A 1st rounder was offered for Sam Bradford so I don't think a #6 overall is too much to pay for Kaepernick. I know he's had his issues but I still think his best football is in front of him (though I certainly could be wrong). I think he's got a very good arm, has excellent mobility, is incredibly tough and has taken his team to the conference championship twice (though I know Chez did as well and he stinks). It's probably a pipe-dream anyway as I haven't heard this rumor though it does feel like SF is sort of in rebuilding mode so maybe they'd go for it.

If they're rebuilding send them a 2nd or nothing. Why am I doing them any favors?

I'm not a big Kaep fan. Although I'd be a liar if I said he isn't better than Geno and probably Fitz too. Don't like his attitude or his game. But he is an upgrade. I think #6 is way too high though. JMO.

ETA: A 1st for Sam Glassford is insane.

Hellllooo.....if your going to quote a post at least read it. ....I NEVER said I'd trade 2 first and a second.....I said at the RIGHT PRICE

Wherever you got 2 ones and a two, it wasn't from the post you quoted lmao

get use to it so many here like to make things just a bit more dramatic to push their point.

Rivers is overrated and a complete Dbag. I'd hate having to root for his punk ass. The guy is not a winner. He road the coattails of LT when he was dominating the league. Check the guy's record out when LT wasnt scoring 20 times a year.

No thanks. I'm definitely not trading multiple picks and Mo Wilk? HELL NO!!!

I'm not a fan of Rivers personality either, but since LT left, what offensive weapons did he have? Gates? What else?

No team is trading for him without agreeing to a new deal first.

Rivers is overrated and a complete Dbag.  I'd hate having to root for his punk ass.  The guy is not a winner.  He road the coattails of LT when he was dominating the league.  Check the guy's record out when LT wasnt scoring 20 times a year.

No thanks.  I'm definitely not trading multiple picks and Mo Wilk?  HELL NO!!!

They've had 1 losing season with him as a starter.  Not to mention that ignoring his elite passing stats to focus on team wins w/l is moronic.

Guys been a top 3-5 in DVOA most years, and only had 1 year out of the top 10  in 2012 when his OL was terrible.

Whatever you want to call the level below Manning/Brady/Rodgers.. that's where Rivers sits

Wow, if true I can't believe Tanny and Mangini would rather take the 1st rounder. I love Mangold, but anytime you can get a QB that good, even if he wasn't established yet he was still a guy taken 4th overall, you should do it.

We still had Pennington but I'm pretty sure he was coming off a season ending injury, cause 2005 was the Brooks Bollinger season if I'm not mistaken.

Mangini was a f-ckin idiot

Chargers still had the option of resigning Brees. Rivers was an unknown quantity at the time. At least we got kellen clemens

They've had 1 losing season with him as a starter.  Not to mention that ignoring his elite passing stats to focus on team wins w/l is moronic.

Guys been a top 3-5 in DVOA most years, and only had 1 year out of the top 10  in 2012 when his OL was terrible.

Whatever you want to call the level below Manning/Brady/Rodgers.. that's where Rivers sits

Bingo.  Obviously Rivers has some flaws otherwise there'd be no rumors of his availability.  Perfect QB's aren't coming available anytime soon.  He's likely much better than any QB prospect in this draft class will be, and still has several years left in him.

I can see SD moving on from Rivers, but I don't see Rivers thinking NYC is an option for his family values tour, if LA isn't. Rivers volatile personality would also not be a fit for north east media market.

Houston and Tenn are the two teams that have a qb need and both may well need a qb next year. Tenn may pass or trade Marriota and I like Mallet but I don't see him progressing to Rivers status during his career. Both teams offer a location where fundamentalist Christian values are welcomed. Both head coaches are known for being qb friendly. 

If Rivers was ok with the move the trade of Wilk and a #2 this year and next years 1 would be equal value in my eyes.  Wilk would have to go to fit Rivers 14 mill salary under the cap.  The number 38 would position them for both Hundley in the 2nd and maybe Grayson in the 4th.  Then in two years when the stadium is built hopefully they will have a young qb to build around.

Bingo.  Obviously Rivers has some flaws otherwise there'd be no rumors of his availability.  Perfect QB's aren't coming available anytime soon.  He's likely much better than any QB prospect in this draft class will be, and still has several years left in him.

Every qb has flaws including Brady, manning and Rogers. Rivers does not have many more than those three. SD does not want to trade him. SD has asked the nfl to relocate to LA in two years, Rivers has said he won't resign long term with a team in LA. 

Every qb has flaws including Brady, manning and Rogers. Rivers does not have many more than those three. SD does not want to trade him. SD has asked the nfl to relocate to LA in two years, Rivers has said he won't resign long term with a team in LA. 

I wonder if it'll be a Carson Palmer situation where he refuses to play.  Or just retires. 

Do we really have a chance to get Rivers or are we just reading a lot of wishful, predraft thinking?? Why would SD part with the most important position?

I think this is based on Rivers saying he would not want to play in LA, assuming the Chargers do move there. Plus I think his contract is coming up. May be just a ploy for a raise though.

I'm not a fan of Rivers personality either, but since LT left, what offensive weapons did he have? Gates? What else?

He had VJax and Gates for a few years after LT.  Malcom Floyd can play when healthy.  Denario Alexander too.

I mean, sure they werent great but it shouldnt effect great QB's.  The only years he's ever won 10 games is when LT was the best player in Football.  And nowadays, he doesnt take care of the ball nearly as well and throws back breaking game losing type picks. 

The Jets had 1 losing season with Sanchez as a starter.

Never said he wasnt a good QB, he is good.  But he's underachiever, a dbag and I hate his guts and I'm not trading 2 firsts or any first and Mo Wilk for him...like people are suggesting. He's what 34?  

Rivers showed me a lot in the 2007 AFCCG when he had ACL surgery the Monday before the game, didn't tell anyone and went out and played on one leg against the undefeated Pats. He has heart and is a competitor......I'd definitely take him at the right price.

Sure, he's got a high pain tolerance and it was gutsy performance.  He was also horrible that game.  Couldnt complete a pass, 2 picks, no TD's...the team suffered because he was out there. 

He had VJax and Gates for a few years after LT.  Malcom Floyd can play when healthy.  Denario Alexander too.

I mean, sure they werent great but it shouldnt effect great QB's.  The only years he's ever won 10 games is when LT was the best player in Football.  And nowadays, he doesnt take care of the ball nearly as well and throws back breaking game losing type picks. 

The Jets had 1 losing season with Sanchez as a starter.

Never said he wasnt a good QB, he is good.  But he's underachiever, a dbag and I hate his guts and I'm not trading 2 firsts or any first and Mo Wilk for him...like people are suggesting. He's what 34?  

If we could somehow get him without giving up Wilkerson I'd be on board.  I like Rivers more than anyone we'd be getting at 6.  If the cost is two first rounders I'd say no.  6th pick plus a 2016 2nd rounder would be fine with me.

Archived