6th Pick

Miss Lonelyhearts

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slipping Beasley in there at 5 makes it interesting. I'm going to say Fowler, then White. I go back and forth on who I would want more, but keep ending up at the decision that Marshall and Decker buy us some time to develop a later WR pick, while on the defense the weakest spot has to be OLB and if Fowler's talent translates... wow.

I can't come up with anything more creative than this though.

Parker

Fowler... want to say Ray, but if it was me, i'd have to take Fowler because at least i know he's safe. I hope our scouting dep and Mac can come to a more educated decision about Ray though..

I'm surprised that many of you blindly got on the White train. You can't possibly tell me the media hasn't influenced you guys. 

Parker

Fowler... want to say Ray, but if it was me, i'd have to take Fowler because at least i know he's safe. I hope our scouting dep and Mac can come to a more educated decision about Ray though..

I'm surprised that many of you blindly got on the White train. You can't possibly tell me the media hasn't influenced you guys. 

The media hasn't influenced me. I watched some college football this year and saw Kevin White play. He's pretty good. Worried about a Stephen Hill comparison but White plays in a passing offense.

The media hasn't influenced me. I watched some college football this year and saw Kevin White play. He's pretty good. Worried about a Stephen Hill comparison but White plays in a passing offense.

Not saying the guy's sh*t, he's a legit round 1 prospect, and comes with a great ceiling... but he's slid into favor beyond his means at this point. If you watch his games against SEC or other big programs, and compare him to Parker, or Cooper - it's not even a discussion. He's got a learning curve ahead of him.

Parker

109 catches 1500 yards 10 tds and his film is what influenced me.  He has the production but really does look the part.  Parker is good as well and I would not flip out if they picked him instead.

Not saying the guy's sh*t, he's a legit round 1 prospect, and comes with a great ceiling... but he's slid into favor beyond his means at this point. If you watch his games against SEC or other big programs, and compare him to Parker, or Cooper - it's not even a discussion. He's got a learning curve ahead of him.

Well Cooper struggled against Ohio State. He had several drops in that game. Parker doesn't play many big programs.

White's worst game was against TCU but he had a good game against Alabama.

What do you call big programs?

Bama 9-143

Oklahoma 10-173

Kansas 6-132

Texas tech 12-123

Baylor 8-132

Texas 16-132

K state 7-143

Texas am 7-129

He produced well against a lot of the larger schools.

109 catches 1500 yards 10 tds and his film is what influenced me.  He has the production but really does look the part.  Parker is good as well and I would not flip out if they picked him instead.

White's disappearance in a few games is worth considering. TCU and Texas come to mind. He was bottled up a lot easier than Parker... and outside of long balls, he wasn't a force for making contested catches.  

Hard to assume this because I don't see anyone picking Beasley over Fowler BUT for the sake of this thread I will take Fowler over White.  We need to get somebody in our LB corp that can be a monster.  Harris is aging and we don't know if Davis is going to get any better.  I think we can get a good WR in the 2nd round.

White's disappearance in a few games is worth considering. TCU and Texas come to mind. He was bottled up a lot easier than Parker... and outside of long balls, he wasn't a force for making contested catches.  

TCU I give you, but you call 16 catches for 132 yards disappearing. I don't think so.

Honestly I would take Beasley, then Cooper, then Fowler, then White

I'll counter with Cooper 2-22 vs arkansas, 3-46 against Western Carolina of all teams. Parker 4-65 vs notre dame.

I'll counter with Cooper 2-22 vs arkansas, 3-46 against Western Carolina of all teams. Parker 4-65 vs notre dame.

I'm just saying what i saw. I'm not down on White, i just didn't see the same NFL caliber production when i've watched him vs Parker (without a doubt)... Cooper... eh. I respect his game enough to put him ahead, but i'm a ceiling guy which is why i'd defer to DGB if I was deciding on White vs Cooper. 

If you want safe Paradis, why not draft Scherff ? There's no better Pass rusher in this draft than Shane Ray. If you want a LBer, go get 1, but if you want somebody who's going to hit the QB, that's Ray.

P.S. The best prospect for the Jets team in 2015 of the top WRs is Cooper. He can start inside and move outside when Marshall or Decker moves on.

White or Parker means possibly moving Decker inside, and while that works, I think it takes away from the Rooks ability to be an immediate asset.

Slipping Beasley in there at 5 makes it interesting. I'm going to say Fowler, then White. I go back and forth on who I would want more, but keep ending up at the decision that Marshall and Decker buy us some time to develop a later WR pick, while on the defense the weakest spot has to be OLB and if Fowler's talent translates... wow.

I can't come up with anything more creative than this though.

If Decker pulls a hammy we are in the sh*tter again.  I would like to take a receiver but I am not sure about White at 6.  Combines mean nothing to me.  I might go Fowler and pray I get a shot at Dorsett later. However, if they are overheating about White, they can take him and I won't gripe. They know more than I.

Yes. That was the game. 2014 against Texas. 16 catches for 132 yards.

the meaningful yardage isn't there. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just laying down what I see. I feel like against NFL secondaries, he's going to struggle to make those big plays as often. At least in the early going... who can say in 2-3 years from now. I felt D. Thomas was going to start slow, and he did, but he's come on like a freight train since. 

Assume the first five picks are:

1. Mariota

2. Winston

3. Williams

4. Cooper

5. Beasley

Who are your first and second choices at 6? Two names, in order, no trades.

If that's the case you take Kevin white and run

Nfl is just as much a WR/TE league as it is a Qb league.

If you want safe Paradis, why not draft Scherff ? There's no better Pass rusher in this draft than Shane Ray. If you want a LBer, go get 1, but if you want somebody who's going to hit the QB, that's Ray.

That's what i believe about Ray, but i can't help but wonder if he needs to be a hand in the dirt kind of guy to get the bang for you buck. 

Scherff is safe, but not what i'm looking at @6

Archived