Cimini on NFL Radio: Fitz Will Be the Starter

Warfish

Don;t see a thread on this (maybe it's buried elsewhere, is so I apologize/merge away), but yesterday morning on ESPN Radio, Cimini was on and say "paraphrasing) the following:

"Me people in the (Jets) building tell me that Geno is going in as the #1 only because Fitz is still hurt.  They all fully expect that Fitz will be the starter come opening day".

Now, he side-tracked a bit later, mentioning the Jets have "not eliminated" drafting a QB, including a possible trade up to even the #1 spot (seems doubtful to me given costs), so take it all with a grain of salt.

But it is, sorta, verification of what alot of us thought  when Galley/Fitz were brought aboard, that at least some in the Org. see Fitz as the 2015 Starter, not Geno.

Don;t see a thread on this (maybe it's buried elsewhere, is so I apologize/merge away), but yesterday morning on ESPN Radio, Cimini was on and say "paraphrasing) the following:

"Me people in the (Jets) building tell me that Geno is going in as the #1 only because Fitz is still hurt.  They all fully expect that Fitz will be the starter come opening day".

Now, he side-tracked a bit later, mentioning the Jets have "not eliminated" drafting a QB, including a possible trade up to even the #1 spot (seems doubtful to me given costs), so take it all with a grain of salt.

But it is, sorta, verification of what alot of us thought  when Galley/Fitz were brought aboard, that at least some in the Org. see Fitz as the 2015 Starter, not Geno.

we have all known this form day Fitz and Gailey were Jets. he knows system. Jets will have Top5 Defense, so game manager, no dumb mistakes form QB position will put us in 9-11 W area. who in their right mind thinks Geno gets better grasp of Gaileys playbook/system than Fitz between now and Sept. 13th? its laughable if u have watched Genos continued lack of football IQ/progression reads over the years.

Only caveat would be if Mariota/Winston/Hundley/Petty/Grayson/Carden is drafted by Jets  and they have a Russ Wilson camp/preseason.

doesn't take a genius to figure out Fitz is better than Geno.  Film and stats both tell that story pretty clearly.

agree, and knowledge of Gaileys playbook. who thinks geno learns playbook better than Fitz between now and sept 13th?

Good. There is an infinitely greater chance that Fitz has a Gannon-like resurgence than Geno becomes even an acceptable NFL QB.

geno equals our great D has us within a few points and Geno panics takes sack on last drive to put us out of FG range. Sound familiar. Leopards dont change spots too often.

I think this is BS made up by  Cimini to fuel the QB controversy. Bowles has already said Geno will be #1 in OTAs and the start of TC when Fitz will be healthy. Starting Fitz is a loser move. I do expect we get either Winston or Mariota though. I think Mo is being traded. Just my gut feel.

I think this is BS made up by  Cimini to fuel the QB controversy. Bowles has already said Geno will be #1 in OTAs and the start of TC when Fitz will be healthy. Starting Fitz is a loser move. I do expect we get either Winston or Mariota though. I think Mo is being traded. Just my gut feel.

ya, he made it up. Thats what Vet journalists do.

9th best QB rating and knowledge of Gaileys Offense has to count for something. If Geno catches on to Gaileys spread and is able to emulate some of his play at WVU that is a different story.

Oh you mean throwing flanker screens to Tavon Austin which accounted for like 75% of his passing yards.

we have all known this form day Fitz and Gailey were Jets. he knows system. Jets will have Top5 Defense, so game manager, no dumb mistakes form QB position will put us in 9-11 W area. who in their right mind thinks Geno gets better grasp of Gaileys playbook/system than Fitz between now and Sept. 13th? its laughable if u have watched Genos continued lack of football IQ/progression reads over the years.

Only caveat would be if Mariota/Winston/Hundley/Petty/Grayson/Carden is drafted by Jets  and they have a Russ Wilson camp/preseason.

Fitz's 9 year old son will have a better grasp of Gailey's playbook than Geno.  Remember he counted down rather than up.  Actually, that's not that bad seeing how I didn't know he could even count.  

Fitz is utter gahbage, he is backup at best, Geno has way more talent than Harvard boy, If Fitz starts playoffs are a dream. Jets only hope is that Gailey can reduce Geno's mental fauxpas

Jets better option is getting Rivers, with the improved defense, they could make a run in playoffs. With Fitzy 8-8 is ceiling

Fitz is utter gahbage, he is backup at best, Geno has way more talent than Harvard boy, If Fitz starts playoffs are a dream. Jets only hope is that Gailey can reduce Geno's mental fauxpas

Jets better option is getting Rivers, with the improved defense, they could make a run in playoffs. With Fitzy 8-8 is ceiling

Fitz's worst season ever is better than anything Geno has done.

rivers good trade, but Geno wont all of a sudden learn progression reads, Fitz average at best but at least he knows system and if Jets D plays great (big IF) he will be better than a 'One WR to throw to before I scamper QB' He just doesnt have it,,but I get it, LOL Opposite George :) You are a hoot and a half. .Hope all well and job is good...

Fitz's worst season ever is better than anything Geno has done.

YA mon  Jills opened up vault and Fitzy sh1t the bed, he is journeyman at best. Geno has way more talent, you would hope Chan is able to help him. MartyM was a disaster

YA mon  Jills opened up vault and Fitzy sh1t the bed, he is journeyman at best. Geno has way more talent, you would hope Chan is able to help him. MartyM was a disaster

That's kinda my point...even a bedsh*tting Fitzy is better than Geno.  Sad state of affairs but 100% true.

Marty M wasn't that bad...Geno was.

Knowing playbook means nada if you have no talent. What's Fitzy going to do, handoff 50x a game?

see Glenn, the I hate the Jets guy is basically a troll here,, 

actually if I recall Fitz had good #s on Bills w/gailey on a less than stellar team

Knowing playbook means nada if you have no talent. What's Fitzy going to do, handoff 50x a game?

I was talking about actual stats/production...but who cares about that when you can start a guy who runs faster, right?

If Fitzy was any good Bill Obrien would have kept him. he also would not have benched him, as Texans def was very good

expecting fitz to be good cause of Chan is asinine,

Jets should push for Rivers, 2nd best option is Chan helping Geno, anything else is a waste of a season

see Glenn, the I hate the Jets guy is basically a troll here,, 

actually if I recall Fitz had good #s on Bills w/gailey on a less than stellar team

I get the schtick...figured I'd play along for a minute or two...stats/production/facts speak for themselves....Fitz is infinitely better than Geno.

If Fitzy was any good Bill Obrien would have kept him. he also would not have benched him, as Texans def was very good

expecting fitz to be good cause of Chan is asinine,

Jets should push for Rivers, 2nd best option is Chan helping Geno, anything else is a waste of a season

Disagreed.  There's merit to trying to contend for the playoffs even if you are still a "QB away".  Start Fitzpatrick and we have a shot at 9 -10 wins and a worthwhile season, setting the stage for us getting a real QB the following offseason.  Starting Geno means a dismal 5-6 win type season.  Sure we'll end up with a better draft pick that way, but we aren't attracting a Drew Brees or Rivers type to come here with that kind of season.

ya, he made it up. Thats what Vet journalists do.

Now seriously SJ, you know Cimini has been known to through sh*t against the wall to see what sticks...   I doubt ANYONE knows what Bowles is thinking.  Now based on Fitz experience, track record and knowledge of the system etc. it certainly wouldn't shock anyone if he is the starter. 

Archived