Cimini on NFL Radio: Fitz Will Be the Starter

Warfish

If Fitzy was any good Bill Obrien would have kept him. he also would not have benched him, as Texans def was very good

expecting fitz to be good cause of Chan is asinine,

Jets should push for Rivers, 2nd best option is Chan helping Geno, anything else is a waste of a season

I don't know that any one is arguing that Fitz is a good starter, just that he's better then smith

Now seriously SJ, you know Cimini has been known to through sh*t against the wall to see what sticks...   I doubt ANYONE knows what Bowles is thinking.  Now based on Fitz experience, track record and knowledge of the system etc. it certainly wouldn't shock anyone if he is the starter. 

I dont think anyone of his stature would 100% make something up. jeopardizes career. anything they write is based on something someone whispered or they heard off the record. I dont see Cimini 100% making stuff up. 

Nowwwwwwwwwwww, he can conjecture and when he does he will say 'it appears' or 'Bowles may be thinking' etc etc etc,,thats OK...

I dont think anyone of his stature would 100% make something up. jeopardizes career. anything they write is based on something someone whispered or they heard off the record. I dont see Cimini 100% making stuff up. 

Nowwwwwwwwwwww, he can conjecture and when he does he will say 'it appears' or 'Bowles may be thinking' etc etc etc,,thats OK...

Fair enough.

1. Win 9 games

2. ???

3. Drew Brees

Every Super Bowl winner over the last decade has won at least 8 games the year preceding their Super Bowl title.  This regime didn't just spend to overhaul their secondary and other aspects of the roster in order to maybe contend 3 years from now.  Seems to me they have zero interest in a rebuilding year in 2015.

Fitzpatrick was actually having a pretty good season for the Texans with 2,483 YDS 17 TD's and 8 INT's and a 95.3 QBR

and he had 2 good years w/Bills when Gailey there, even though rest of team pretty bad..is he great? no, but in this system has proved to be able to manage game and get positive results if not super results

Fitz is utter gahbage, he is backup at best, Geno has way more talent than Harvard boy, If Fitz starts playoffs are a dream. Jets only hope is that Gailey can reduce Geno's mental fauxpas

Jets better option is getting Rivers, with the improved defense, they could make a run in playoffs. With Fitzy 8-8 is ceiling

What games are you watching? Geno Smith had ONE good game all year and that was against a Miami team that had packed it in. Smith is dumber than dirt and that is death for an NFL QB. Fitzpatrick is no world beater I'll grant you, but way better than Geno Smith. Can't unteach stupid and Geno is pure stupid.

What games are you watching? Geno Smith had ONE good game all year and that was against a Miami team that had packed it in. Smith is dumber than dirt and that is death for an NFL QB. Fitzpatrick is no world beater I'll grant you, but way better than Geno Smith. Can't unteach stupid and Geno is pure stupid.

Geno has way more talent than Fitz and it is not close, Can Gailey rid Geno of the dumb mistakes, that is the issue. Playing Fitz means settling for 3rd in afc east. If Gailey can teach Geno how to play the game, then the upside is 2nd to 1st in afc east.

I would still make a play on Rivers

Funny how some think i am playing opposite game, i watch 5-6 games a week, not 1 game a week at bar. Fitz is not good, once teams figured him out after 2 years, he has done Nada. If Obrien thought he had any talent, with texans very good def, he would have kept him. 

Idiots mon

we have all known this form day Fitz and Gailey were Jets. he knows system. Jets will have Top5 Defense, so game manager, no dumb mistakes form QB position will put us in 9-11 W area. who in their right mind thinks Geno gets better grasp of Gaileys playbook/system than Fitz between now and Sept. 13th? its laughable if u have watched Genos continued lack of football IQ/progression reads over the years.

Only caveat would be if Mariota/Winston/Hundley/Petty/Grayson/Carden is drafted by Jets  and they have a Russ Wilson camp/preseason.

Hey can we really draft all of them? lol

ya, he made it up. Thats what Vet journalists do.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowles is leaking this information to Cimini himself.   Geno has never really had competition at the QB position and this is Bowles way of letting him know that he needs to demonstrably win or his days in NY are done.  I can't imagine someone on a new coaching staff speaking out of turn w/o the HC permission.   Bowles doesn't seem like the kind of guy to put up with that crap. 

POTW  Post of the Week

Geno has way more talent than Fitz and it is not close, Can Gailey rid Geno of the dumb mistakes, that is the issue. Playing Fitz means settling for 3rd in afc east. If Gailey can teach Geno how to play the game, then the upside is 2nd to 1st in afc east.

I would still make a play on Rivers

Funny how some think i am playing opposite game, i watch 5-6 games a week, not 1 game a week at bar. Fitz is not good, once teams figured him out after 2 years, he has done Nada. If Obrien thought he had any talent, with texans very good def, he would have kept him. 

Idiots mon

there you go with the names ..grow up and stop acting like a 12 year old.. or maybe time for you to leave the site

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowles is leaking this information to Cimini himself.   Geno has never really had competition at the QB position and this is Bowles way of letting him know that he needs to demonstrably win or his days in NY are done.  I can't imagine someone on a new coaching staff speaking out of turn w/o the HC permission.   Bowles doesn't seem like the kind of guy to put up with that crap. 

good point

He couldnt be worse than geno could he???

NO.  Look at his numbers.

60% completetion, more TD's then Ints.   When was the last time we even had a QB like that?

Right there, that + the improved corners is good for 4-5 more wins than last year.  SB winner, no.   Competitive team with a outside shot at a wildcard, sure.

60% completetion, more TD's then Ints.   When was the last time we even had a QB like that?

Right there, that + the improved corners is good for 4-5 more wins than last year.  SB winner, no.   Competitive team with a outside shot at a wildcard, sure.

If you are talking about Fitzy, please tell me his  good win last yr, most of teams he beat are picking in top 5 LOL

Bleed Blue or Purple or yellow or Gray or Black......whatever

I think how he played under Chain is more important than 2014 system/team

If you are talking about Fitzy, please tell me his  good win last yr, most of teams he beat are picking in top 5 LOL

Thats the spirit.. Bleed Green!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Is he better than anyone we have had in the last 4 years?

Yes.

We had the worst QB play in the league last year.  You take that away, you put in an average type QB, you add actual corners, and 2nd WR, a healthy Decker, a second year Amaro, and hopefully a decent draft, and the team goes from 4-12 to 8-8 or 9-7. 

Archived