Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to be a huge rex ryan fan.  but after hearing this guy flap his gums from a different city, he's just a horses ass.

So the blind can eventually see the light?!?!?!

There is hope for humanity in SOME sense!

Don't give me this horsesh*t. Jim Harbaugh just walked out on the 49ers because he didn't feel like they committed to him. Nobody is saying Wrecks should have just walked out on in the middle of the season or before the season began. Like set up a press conference and announce "this team sucks, I'm out!". There's a professional way to handle it. That's what Harbaugh did. If he felt like Woody or whoever didn't have his back and wouldn't committ to him, you ******* move on. Go talk to Woody, tell him you have a different vision on what you want that team to look like down the road and just agree to part ways after the season. That's sort of what Harbaugh did. Everybody saw it coming, the guy coached his ass off. The fans love him, the players love him. In fact, they all have hatred towards SF's front office. So again, stop with this bullsh*t. Wrecks was thankful for every single extra hour Woody gave him to get this team turned around. It doesn't work if the players don't respect you. It doesn't work if you can't headcoach. It doesn't work if you don't hold anybody accountable. It doesn't work, if the players don't study. That's Wrecks problem. A lot of players like him, nobody respects him. He's a glorified assistent. Not a headcoach.

No, Harbaugh went to college, Rex's act would never play in college, that option was not there for him.   Now a coach can after the season, meet with the new GM and come to an understanding and leave, when they are other jobs out there but come April and May  it is a little to late for that, and when you quit what about your staff, they don't have a contract that pays them millions, you leave they are on the street also.

Rex is a buffoon, and everyone knows it, but when he left the jets he praised Woody and said he was very thankfull for the opportunity that Woody gave him, To me he sounded very sincere, and certainly sincere enough not to quit on the guy before camp.

Post count in this thread to this point in time:

T0mShane 18

Integrity28 14

AirForceJetFan 9

RutgersJetFan 7

CTM 7

Jolot 5

Gas2No99 4

prime21 4

Lizard King 4

Proving once again that it's clearly the so-called Rex lovers who are obsessed.

T0mShane 18

Integrity28 14

AirForceJetFan 9

RutgersJetFan 7

CTM 7

Jolot 5

Gas2No99 4

prime21 4

Lizard King 4

Rex is the jets version of Bobby V.

T0mShane 18

Integrity28 14

AirForceJetFan 9

RutgersJetFan 7

CTM 7

Jolot 5

Gas2No99 4

prime21 4

Lizard King 4

You have anything more entertaining or relevant to discuss at this moot point in the off-season?

And it's not Rex obsessed, if you haven't realized, there's a sad incestual relationship amongst AFCEast teams in terms of Turnover regarding Coaching Staff & Front Office personnel:

Bill Parcells, Pete Carol, Bill Belicheck, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, Mike Tannenbaum, Dawn Aponte, Bill Polian, etc.

If Rex felt that way so strongly that he bought a house in Tennessee, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Rex has shown one thing in his time as head coach of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and all his bluster was just an apparatus he employed to try and mask that.

Quitting takes guts, balls and a spine?

Pretty much all we need to know about you.  

Are you being retarded now? You can't possibly be serious.

What are you talking about! he went to Michigan. Saban quit on the Dolphins as he had a opportunty to go to Bama. Rex did not have an opportunity for a college job. If he quit after the draft the jets were not going to let him coach somewhere else in the NFL last year, so he would have lost millions and his whole staff would have been out on the street when every other team already had a staff in place.  And please there is no need for a personal attack, using a term that I am sure many posters here have a family member that is afflicted so.

What are you talking about! he went to Michigan. Saban quit on the Dolphins as he had a opportunty to go to Bama. Rex did not have an opportunity for a college job. If he quit after the draft the jets were not going to let him coach somewhere else in the NFL last year, so he would have lost millions and his whole staff would have been out on the street when every other team already had a staff in place.  And please there is no need for a personal attack, using a term that I am sure many posters here have a family member that is afflicted so.

Stop with this college bullsh*t already, Rex has never been a headcoach at the college level. That was never something anybody even considered, never something anybody was worried about. It was either coordinating a defense in the NFL or if he's lucky get another HC gig somewhere else. So stop it. And stop with this bullsh*t about Woody being afraid or too cheap to pay the guy off so this franchise could move on from a disastrous wannabe headcoach. Rex wanted to be here. He was being given an extension last year. Enough with this horsesh*t already. And stop being so pretendious if you're gonna consider disabled people "retards". Figure out the difference.

Oh, he quit. He just didn't leave.

Knife to a gun fight.  Being defeated before it starts and quitting are two different things.

But its o.k., he's gone to another team to ruin and we have Big Mac and Bowles baby!!!

It was literally the last and only coaching job he could get.

The article says that when he got out of the interview with the Pegulas (Bills' owner) there were some 20 messages from the NFL and one was a job offer.

Stop with this college bullsh*t already, Rex has never been a headcoach at the college level. That was never something anybody even considered, never something anybody was worried about. It was either coordinating a defense in the NFL or if he's lucky get another HC gig somewhere else. So stop it. And stop with this bullsh*t about Woody being afraid or too cheap to pay the guy off so this franchise could move on from a disastrous wannabe headcoach. Rex wanted to be here. He was being given an extension last year. Enough with this horsesh*t already. And stop being so pretendious if you're gonna consider disabled people "retards". Figure out the difference.

We'd prefer it if that particular term wasn't used here. It can definitely be considered offensive.

Thanks.

Rex is a buffoon that was eventually exposed due to his own undoings.

Let the small lake-side town enjoy their new toy and hopefully they won't go all in for the monorail like Springfield did.

Lets focus on our new COMPETENT regime and forget about the mediocrity we had to put up with in the past. Brighter days ahead.

Small lake-side town  that is on the rise and fast!!!!   Go Buffalo!!!!!!!

Enough is enough?

There was nothing from the Jets before Amaro's comments

I have read other negative comments from the players but not the leadership.  I think Rex Ryan has handled the entire situation with the Jets very professionally.  

When he inevitably quits or gets fired in 3-5 years from Buffalo, remember this moment when he throws new ownership under the bus for being disorganized and inexperienced and set him up to fail. You are now represented by one of the biggest fools in sports and it will do more long term harm than good.

I think time will tell.  Can't wait for the 2015 Season to begin.

Rex does not have the emotional intelligence to be a successful head coach for an extended period of time in the NFL. His remarks smack of a jilted lover. Say what you want about how Idzik managed the team, can anyone really question that Woody bent over backwards for Rex during the latter party's tenure? Now Rex goes and attacks the entire organization. 

Now Rex wants to pick on Amaro for his comments. Guess what Rex? Mo & Demario made similar comments about the team midseason and when your starting quarterback missed a team meeting the day before a game, he was not disciplined. If you ask me, Amaro's assessment of the situation sounds a lot more accurate than Rex's. 

Hopefully we catch Buffalo coming off their bye week next year, we know how well Rex prepares his team coming off bye weeks. 

Rex does not have the emotional intelligence to be a successful head coach for an extended period of time in the NFL. His remarks smack of a jilted lover. Say what you want about how Idzik managed the team, can anyone really question that Woody bent over backwards for Rex during the latter party's tenure? Now Rex goes and attacks the entire organization. 

Now Rex wants to pick on Amaro for his comments. Guess what Rex? Mo & Demario made similar comments about the team midseason and when your starting quarterback missed a team meeting the day before a game, he was not disciplined. If you ask me, Amaro's assessment of the situation sounds a lot more accurate than Rex's. 

Hopefully we catch Buffalo coming off their bye week next year, we know how well Rex prepares his team coming off bye weeks. 

How did Rex attack his entire organization?  He just responded to a negative comment made by Amaro?

Are you sure you are even responding to the right posts?

All I said was that Quitting was not an option for Rex, and that a HC who quits in May will never work in the nfl again (ie petrino)  Two posters responded with the names of Coaches who quit Harbarough and Saban. I pointed out that they both went to college teams, which was not an option for Rex.  And I never even mentioned woody except in the context that Rex said that he was appreciative of the opportunity that Woody gave him.  I never even said anything about Rex not wanting to be the HC of the NYJ which he refereed to as his Dream job when he was let go.  

And  most certainly know the difference between an physical and a mental handicap. Both I consider handicaps although many of those afflicted do not choose to think of themselves as such. Your use of the term, does not speak well of your compassion, or upbringing.

I have read other negative comments from the players but not the leadership.  I think Rex Ryan has handled the entire situation with the Jets very professionally.

Yup, pretty professional saying that a player on another team is full of sh*t.

He's a clown.

huh ?

no my brother in law went to UB and still has a ton of friends up there and that's the scoop

Hey what year did your brother in law graduate? I am alum of UB law as well.

Oh and how can any objective fan think that Rex acquitted himself well in that article?

I supported Rex for the most part while he was here but this guy is not willing to hold himself up to any form of true analysis or any substantive accountability.

Archived