Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, Idzink fielded one of the worst rosters in football.. Nobody thought the Jets would good, and they weren't... Not sure why you should kill Rex for seeing what everyone else saw

That being said, Rex should stfu and move on. This makes him look small, almost as bad as T0mShame

This is pure and utter nonsense. Coming off of 13, and with the improvements they made on offense, drafting "Tatum", and a year of development for Geno and Vick ready to go, not one fan was talking 4-12 season maybe save BiF, who was hedging in advance for Rex. The Jets were universally regarded by most fans and NFL analysts alike as an 8-8 to 10-6 type team that would fight for a wild card spot. If you can find posts where you thought this was a 4-12 team heading into the season, I will apologize and admit I was wrong. Even Rex said in the offseason that "this was the type of team I always wanted to coach" and he was so excited for this group, nobody was going to want to play the Jets, blah blah blah.

These quotes show the difference between Bowles and Ryan:

NFL Media PR @InsideNFLMedia    ·  14 hours ago  

Todd Bowles on how he'll navigate the New York media: "I’m a football coach. I coach football.

I don’t coach the New York media."

NFL Media PR @InsideNFLMedia    ·  14 hours ago  

Bowles: "At end of the day, it’s wins & losses. As long as I keep it about football, speak to them

& answer Qs I need I can sleep at night.

ENOUGH SAID!!!

Bowles also said; 

New Jets coach Todd Bowles not worried about kissing Bill Belichick's Super Bowl rings: ‘I’m going to work on getting my own rings’ 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/new-jets-coach-todd-bowles-rings-mind-article-1.2086723  Understated but this idea seems so familiar..LOL 

This is pure and utter nonsense. Coming off of 13, and with the improvements they made on offense, drafting "Tatum", and a year of development for Geno and Vick ready to go, not one fan was talking 4-12 season maybe save BiF, who was hedging in advance for Rex. The Jets were universally regarded by most fans and NFL analysts alike as an 8-8 to 10-6 type team that would fight for a wild card spot. If you can find posts where you thought this was a 4-12 team heading into the season, I will apologize and admit I was wrong. Even Rex said in the offseason that "this was the type of team I always wanted to coach" and he was so excited for this group, nobody was going to want to play the Jets, blah blah blah.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/8/28/6057183/2014-nfl-power-rankings-seahawks-broncos

23. New York Jets

This could be the year that Rex Ryan can't count on his defense to stake his team to at least six wins. It might be the weakest secondary he's ever had in New York. If Michael Vick's mentoring of Geno Smith pays off, the Jets offense might finally be able to carry its weight.

espn 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/1

Jets

8-8

--

Last Week: 21 After releasing Dimitri Patterson, who was signed to replace Antonio Cromartie, the only cornerbacks with at least 400 snaps last year on the roster are Dee Milliner and Kyle Wilson.

nfl.com, who had them at 17 solely because of RR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387225/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-seahawks-broncos-reign

NYJ.png

JETS

Call this ranking a vote of confidence for Rex Ryan. With that out of the way, we have to ask, who is going to cover for him ... literally? Cornerback Dee Milliner has been dinged up. Who knows where corner Dimitri Patterson -- who has since been released -- went when he was AWOL this preseason? (I'm going with Hurricane Harbor. It was one of the last weekends of summer, after all.) The safeties are so-so at best. We're used to the defense holding down the fort for the Jets, but that will be much tougher for this unit to do now.

SBnation is a joke, as much of a fraud as your boy Rex, and the ESPN is week 1, not before the pre-season. Show me YOUR posts saying they were going to be 4-12, this post does nothing to change my orignal stance at all, in fact it confirms it.

It was the worst roster in Football, 2 years in a row.  There is no disputing this. 

We are enjoying the optimism.  These are exciting times for the Bills.  We have a new coach that we LOVE,  we already have an outstanding defense,  are putting together an outstanding offense and also have outstanding assistant coaches.  The average season ticket holders over the years have been 47K with the highest being 57K in the 90's. So far this year,  we have 53K season ticket holders.  We are optimistic and excited.

Jeanie. Enjoy the optimism while it lasts. In 2, maybe 3 years at most, you fans are going to want Toto to pull the curtain away from the side of the stage and expose the fraud that is Wrecks.

A staple feature of every Rexaplogists basement rec room next to the computer.

Interior_Cabinet.jpg

1 - It was that weasel Pettine!

2 - Tannys fault!

3 - Didn't resign Cro!

4 - Tebows fault!

5 - Rex always has a top 10 Defense!

6 - Morninwegs fault!

7 - Just let it go, he is gone now to another team.

8 - How could he win with Geno Smith at QB?

9 - They didn't sign Revis and let him go to the Pats!

10 - It's the Jets fans fault!

11 - Rex is a defensive genius!

12 - He was given no offensive weapons!

13 - Buffalo is getting one hell of a head coach.

14 - You are all just jealous of his success!

15 - Best coach the Jets have had since Weeb.

16 - They gave him no corners.

17 - It's just Rex being Rex.

18 - How could Rex win with Buttchez as the QB?

19 - Rex didn't want Stephen Hill!

20 - Two AFC title games!

Doubles - You are all just obsessed with Rex.

Triples - Idzik sabotaged him!

Outer Bull - It was that moron Shottys fault!

Inner Bull - It was that moron Idziks fault!

Welp what else is new. Rex pushes everyone under the bus, and once he is pushed, he pulls others down with him. That's the way he works. It is the Ryans versus the World. Everyone is in on it.

No, no, no, no. Rex is just an innocent victim of everyone else's incompetence. Woody, Tannenbaum, Jet Fans, Goodell, Sanchez, Geno, Schitty, Sporano, MM, Pettine, EVERYONE has been sabotaging Rex from day 1.

Rex was handed a talented team that did not have a primo QB.  First year he lucked in.  Two teams laid down so we could get in.  Next year he did it right.  Then some of the players were old or gone and he could not get it done.

Doesn't really matter any more, no reason to rehash it.

It's fun that he gets to destroy a divisional rival while we have first-row seats to the circus, he's someone else's folly now.

SAR I

No, no, no, no. Rex is just an innocent victim of everyone else's incompetence. Woody, Tannenbaum, Jet Fans, Goodell, Sanchez, Geno, Schitty, Sporano, MM, Pettine, EVERYONE has been sabotaging Rex from day 1.

I wonder if Rex regrets leaving Baltimore. Could've stayed there and been happy forever. Foot vids probably never would've come out.

You miss your boy so much huh? I'm sorry for your sadness.

I like Bowles and have high hopes for him and look to the future. I'm just not a whiny Jet fan that lives in the past.  Mangini made 1 playoff game and lost and you think he was a good HC?? LOL

I like Bowles and have high hopes for him and look to the future. I'm just not a whiny Jet fan that lives in the past however Mangini made 1 playoff game and lost and you think he was a good HC?? LOL

Where did I say Mangini was a good HC? I must have missed that. He built a pretty good roster, but sucked as a HC. Him sucking as a HC does not change the fact that Rex sucked as a HC even worse. Sorry your boy is gone, must be tough.

What's revealing from this article is out of the four players that questioned our practice

habits last year:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Tough guy Ryan ONLY calls out the rookie.  How about addressing the other three vets

that questioned your coaching

That is a good question...

Or why doesn't Rex answer Woody who said Rex NEVER once said he didn't have enough "talent to win" or question ONE personnel decision and was on board every year with the compensation of the team.

I guess 'outstanding' and 'Bills' go hand-and-hand.

All I can say is that it's nice to get media attention for the first time in 15 years.  I have to give credit to our new owners,  GM, President and Heach Coach for the job that they are doing.  We here in Buffalo are very excited.

Where did I say Mangini was a good HC? I must have missed that. He built a pretty good roster, but sucked as a HC. Him sucking as a HC does not change the fact that Rex sucked as a HC even worse. Sorry your boy is gone, must be tough.

Actually I thought Rex should have gone with Tanny but facts never matter to a true hater.. So in your world a Coach that won 4 playoff games is worse then a HC that never won one?? Good logic there no doubt.. :tumbleweed:

All I can say is that it's nice to get media attention for the first time in 15 years. I have to give credit to our new owners, GM, President and Heach Coach for the job that they are doing. We here in Buffalo are very excited.

That's exactly how I felt when we had Rex. I promise you, you will get sick of it.

Archived