Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

All I can say is that it's nice to get media attention for the first time in 15 years.  I have to give credit to our new owners,  GM, President and Heach Coach for the job that they are doing.  We here in Buffalo are very excited.

Rex is the perfect coach for Buffalo right now. If one of the 4 qbs on roster can game manage, it will probably be a playoff year

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol.. What a ball washing job by Jenny. She used to be a good reporter- I guess Peter King is rubbing off on her after all..

How do you let Rex blabber about the hindsight personal moves he would've made last offseason without mentioning his personal disasters from 2011 onward? Or maybe at least mention the 2011 end of season disaster that had nothing to do with 'losing a few key free agents'

Hope buffalo fans enjoy 2015 because it's all down hill after that

Actually I thought Rex should have gone with Tanny but facts never matter to a true hater.. So in your world a Coach that won 4 playoff games is worse then a HC that never won one?? Good logic there no doubt.. :tumbleweed:

You spend a lot of time defending a buffoon whom you thought should have been fired 2 years earlier, no? Arguing who is a worse HC between Mangini and Rex is like arguing whose sh*t smells worse after some bad Chinese food.

Jeanie. Enjoy the optimism while it lasts. In 2, maybe 3 years at most, you fans are going to want Toto to pull the curtain away from the side of the stage and expose the fraud that is Wrecks.

Thank You Section 314.  I know you are speaking from experience and appreciate your feedback.    I may  be wrong but it seems like Rex has a better working relationship with GM and the rest of the front office.  I had the impression that Rex and John I. didn't see eye to eye on a lot of the draft picks.  If this is true,  this could have had a major impact on your team.   I am also confident in the assistant coaches we have (Roman and Kromer just to name 2).  As I mentioned earlier,  we already have a great defense.  We are building an outstanding offense and we just have to hope that we can manage with one of the QB's we have right now.  Rex is a huge reason why we are excited but all the factors I mentioned in this post also influence our optimism.  The Jets and the Bills have to get together and make sure we take 4 games from the Patriots this season. 

SBnation is a joke, as much of a fraud as your boy Rex, and the ESPN is week 1, not before the pre-season. Show me YOUR posts saying they were going to be 4-12, this post does nothing to change my orignal stance at all, in fact it confirms it.

So espn, being unbiased and ranking us 23rd to start the season confirms you stance that the Jets were expected to win last year?

Ok, can't argue with that kind of logic

Thank You Section 314.  I know you are speaking from experience and appreciate your feedback.    I may  be wrong but it seems like Rex has a better working relationship with GM and the rest of the front office.  I had the impression that Rex and John I. didn't see eye to eye on a lot of the draft picks.  If this is true,  this could have had a major impact on your team.   I am also confident in the assistant coaches we have (Roman and Kromer just to name 2).  As I mentioned earlier,  we already have a great defense.  We are building an outstanding offense and we just have to hope that we can manage with one of the QB's we have right now.  Rex is a huge reason why we are excited but all the factors I mentioned in this post also influence our optimism.  The Jets and the Bills have to get together and make sure we take 4 games from the Patriots this season. 

Idzik was an incompetent fool who only got the job because nobody else would take it with Rex being forced on them. Mr. T and Rex had a great working relationship, in fact, Mr. T was really Rex's errand boy and contract guy who was only GM in title, the real GM was Rex. Your going to have some early success with Rex in Buffalo, IMO. Its a very similar situation to what Rex took over with the Jets, a pretty talented 9-7 team who did not love their disciplinarian HC. Rex will be a breath of fresh air, and with all the talent they have on defense, anybody can lead that defense. The real issues will be a few years down the road, unless the QB fairy happens to drop a QB fairy under Rex's pillow in Buffalo.

So espn, being unbiased and ranking us 23rd to start the season confirms you stance that the Jets were expected to win last year?

Ok, can't argue with that kind of logic

ESPN was 21st, and that was AFTER Rex pulled a typical Rex with Patterson and it was clear they had no CB's. Again, show me YOUR post where you thought this was a 4-12 type team. 

Rex is the perfect coach for Buffalo right now. If one of the 4 qbs on roster can game manage, it will probably be a playoff year

I really like EJ Manuel and hope he can start but my gut instinct is that we will see Matt Cassel starting.

Idzik was an incompetent fool who only got the job because nobody else would take it with Rex being forced on them. Mr. T and Rex had a great working relationship, in fact, Mr. T was really Rex's errand boy and contract guy who was only GM in title, the real GM was Rex. Your going to have some early success with Rex in Buffalo, IMO. Its a very similar situation to what Rex took over with the Jets, a pretty talented 9-7 team who did not love their disciplinarian HC. Rex will be a breath of fresh air, and with all the talent they have on defense, anybody can lead that defense. The real issues will be a few years down the road, unless the QB fairy happens to drop a QB fairy under Rex's pillow in Buffalo.

I think we will get to the play offs if not the Championship with one of the QB's we have this year.  I am hoping that next year brings us the right (QB) man for the job,  

ESPN was 21st, and that was AFTER Rex pulled a typical Rex with Patterson and it was clear they had no CB's. Again, show me YOUR post where you thought this was a 4-12 type team. 

Do you understand us as fans are going to be biased and hope for the best. There was a ton of complaining about the lack of talent on these team, I can assure you of that.. I have no idea what I predicted. Some were hopeful that Geno would take the next step, which didn't happen.

You honestly think this roster was talented?

I'll let you know after this season ends. LOL

Lol, it's going to take more than one season. I ******* love Rex but after the ridiculous predictions, foot fetish video, dressing up as his brother before the Browns game, throwing the finger at Miami fans, calling out BB, overrating players, team being unprepared after bye weeks, neglecting the offense, failing to adjust after halftime, being stubborn, etc.

Usually that does not happen in 1 season. Honestly though, I do miss him. The players loved him and played their ass for him and that's important.

Do you understand us as fans are going to be biased and hope for the best. There was a ton of complaining about the lack of talent on these team, I can assure you of that.. I have no idea what I predicted. Some were hopeful that Geno would take the next step, which didn't happen.

You honestly think this roster was talented?

I think they were a more talented team than 4-12, and I don't believe you can look at roster talent in a vacuum without looking at the HC, his role in selecting, and developing the roster. They had some bad luck with Millner getting hurt, but injuries are a part of the game. Rex's handling of the QB position, and the offense over his 6 years played a huge hand in what was trotted out last year.

All I can say is that it's nice to get media attention for the first time in 15 years.  I have to give credit to our new owners,  GM, President and Heach Coach for the job that they are doing.  We here in Buffalo are very excited.

Scary Deja Vu

I felt the same way when we hired Rex.  Enjoy it while it lasts... probably 2 years before you see the emperor has no clothes.  Rex is awful.

Scary Deja Vu

I felt the same way when we hired Rex.  Enjoy it while it lasts... probably 2 years before you see the emperor has no clothes.  Rex is awful.

Or maybe he learns from his mistakes like BB did in his first 6 years although I wouldn't bet the farm on it..LOL

First off, welcome.

Rex will feel like a breath of fresh air after what you guys have been through for the past 20 years, he'll get you pumped up, he'll make you feel confident, you will feel proud to wear the blue and red again.  For the first season your players will really respond and you'll think you're onto something.

But then you'll notice the bad penalties and the bad timeouts.  And then you'll notice the no-show performances in big spots.  And then you'll notice that you only win games by a score of 9-7 and lose games 36-30.  And then you'll notice that all the young draft picks are busting.  And then you'll notice the players losing faith.  And then you'll notice the locker room imploding.  And then you'll notice Rex turning from a confident guy into a sheep.

Rex Ryan is an absolute expert at one thing-  job preservation through savvy self-promotion.  It cost us three years of misery while our owner figured it out.  I have no beef with the Bills or their fans, I have no reason to rain on your parade.  But this is going to happen and I feel bad for you guys.

SAR I

I think they were a more talented team than 4-12, and I don't believe you can look at roster talent in a vacuum without looking at the HC, his role in selecting, and developing the roster. They had some bad luck with Millner getting hurt, but injuries are a part of the game. Rex's handling of the QB position, and the offense over his 6 years played a huge hand in what was trotted out last year.

No. they weren't more talente then 4-12, they had the worst QB and worst secondary in football. That's on Idzik

Or maybe he learns from his mistakes like BB did in his first 6 years although I wouldn't bet the farm on it..LOL

From the moment his plane landed in Buffalo, it has been the same exact Rex.  Now, with his tantrum about Amaro, we can see there is no change whatsoever.  

No. they weren't more talente then 4-12, they had the worst QB and worst secondary in football. That's on Idzi

Debating with a Rex lover is impossible, everything is ALWAYS somebodies else's fault, not Rex's. I mean, how can Rex be expected to win with all those first round picks dedicated to the defense in his years here? And, how can he be expected to win more than 4 games with a putrid coaching staff that was forced on him?

First off, welcome.

Rex will feel like a breath of fresh air after what you guys have been through for the past 20 years, he'll get you pumped up, he'll make you feel confident, you will feel proud to wear the blue and red again.  For the first season your players will really respond and you'll think you're onto something.

But then you'll notice the bad penalties and the bad timeouts.  And then you'll notice the no-show performances in big spots.  And then you'll notice that you only win games by a score of 9-7 and lose games 36-30.  And then you'll notice that all the young draft picks are busting.  And then you'll notice the players losing faith.  And then you'll notice the locker room imploding.  And then you'll notice Rex turning from a confident guy into a sheep.

Rex Ryan is an absolute expert at one thing-  job preservation through savvy self-promotion.  It cost us three years of misery while our owner figured it out.  I have no beef with the Bills or their fans, I have no reason to rain on your parade.  But this is going to happen and I feel bad for you guys.

SAR I

Well said.  Rex has no intention of changing how he operates.  This is abundantly clear from every thing he has done and said since setting foot in Buffalo.  The only exception might be his willingness to give up a great defensive young prospect in Alonso for McCoy on offense. That's the only thing that surprised me.  

Debating with a Rex lover is impossible, everything is ALWAYS somebodies else's fault, not Rex's. I mean, how can Rex be expected to win with all those first round picks dedicated to the defense in his years here? And, how can he be expected to win more than 4 games with a putrid coaching staff that was forced on him?

Rex inherited a team that was ready for the AFC Championship Game.

The ones he himself built after that were among the worst in the AFC.

We can get into the details, but in the end that's the big picture.  If the Buffalo Bills were a ready-made "win now" team the AFC East would be very interesting.  They aren't.

SAR I

From the moment his plane landed in Buffalo, it has been the same exact Rex.  Now, with his tantrum about Amaro, we can see there is no change whatsoever.  

People act like no former player ever said a bad thing about his ex coach but players have complained about BB,Parcells,Coughlin etc The problem with Rex is he acts like some fans on this board do which is ok for a fan but not for a HC.. He is in many ways his fathers son but at least he hasn't punched his OC yet..LOL

Rex inherited a team that was ready for the AFC Championship Game.

The ones he himself built after that were among the worst in the AFC.

We can get into the details, but in the end that's the big picture.  If the Buffalo Bills were a ready-made "win now" team the AFC East would be very interesting.  They aren't.

SAR I

It is going to be interesting but right now it seems like Marrone overachieved with the Bills and couldn't get another job. Rex underachieved last year and got a big raise.

Hopefully the underachieving continues. I do like that Rex isn't changing. I think that will work out well for the Jets.

It is going to be interesting but right now it seems like Marrone overachieved with the Bills and couldn't get another job. Rex underachieved last year and got a big raise.

Hopefully the underachieving continues. I do like that Rex isn't changing. I think that will work out well for the Jets.

Plus it looks like he's gaining weight and we know what a Fat big mouth Rex did with the Jets in 09/10 and that Bills team is better then the 2009 Jets were.. :max:

Well said.  Rex has no intention of changing how he operates.  This is abundantly clear from every thing he has done and said since setting foot in Buffalo.  The only exception might be his willingness to give up a great defensive young prospect in Alonso for McCoy on offense. That's the only thing that surprised me.  

The early success we had was on Mike Tannenbaum, not Rex Ryan.

In order to get a new stadium sold, Mike purchased every big name free agent on the market.  Favre, Richardson, Burress, Edwards, Holmes, Tomlinson, Faneca, Pace, Scott, if there was a big name out there, we scooped 'em up.  Bunch of savvy veterans, still some tread on the tires.  PSL's got sold, and the Jets got hot.

If the Bills want to follow that blueprint, well, they need to break ground on a new stadium first and Rex won't be around in 3 years when they finally do.

SAR I

Agreed.  And Rex knows how to get into Tom Brady's head which doesn't suck for us either.

SAR I

1) It was an eye-opening experience for the former Alabama star, who said there was a "corrupt mindset" in the locker room and "extremely selfish individuals" -- suggesting it was more than just Santonio Holmes, who jawed with teammates and was benched during the season finale.

"It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you," McElroy said Wednesday on Birmingham, Ala., radio station 97.3 The Zone. "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals. I think that's maybe the nature of the NFL, but there were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they ... had really had good games individually."

"That's the disappointing thing," he continued. "It's going to take a lot to come together next year. I think the fact we struggled at times this year really led to ... this corrupt mindset within the locker room. But I think we're going to regroup. I think we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year."

2) PSquad CB after being cut and joining another team talks about how the psquad guys were hardly coached at all compared to the new team  (Rex goes ballistic in whine mode)

3) Amaro lets it be known the team was club Rex and people were late on a regular basis.  Rex blasts him.

Good coach indeed.

Having a good working relationship with the GM may be more a problem than a solution.  Some of what we have read makes it seem like Ryan has too much influence.  The downturn in the quality of personnel was on Rex, but we don't know to what extent.  We had hoped that Idzik would stand up to Rex and emphasize offensive personnel.  Unfortunately, it seems Idzik was the worst of both worlds, he didn't set up a roster to Ryan's strengths (no CBs, turnover prone QB) while still giving in to Ryan's vanity (letting him pick Tajh Boyd who was truly horrific).

The early success we had was on Mike Tannenbaum, not Rex Ryan.

In order to get a new stadium sold, Mike purchased every big name free agent on the market.  Favre, Richardson, Burress, Edwards, Holmes, Tomlinson, Faneca, Pace, Scott, if there was a big name out there, we scooped 'em up.  Bunch of savvy veterans, still some tread on the tires.  PSL's got sold, and the Jets got hot.

If the Bills want to follow that blueprint, well, they need to break ground on a new stadium first and Rex won't be around in 3 years when they finally do.

SAR I

Nice. So it was all on Tannenbaum, but Ryan was the only guy ever even able to win a playoff game with these juggernaut rosters that Tannenbaum put together.  Never mind the HOF QB or anything.

I wonder if Rex regrets leaving Baltimore. Could've stayed there and been happy forever. Foot vids probably never would've come out.

Why did he make the videos if he didn't want them to come out?  I thought he liked people looking at his wife's feet?

1) It was an eye-opening experience for the former Alabama star, who said there was a "corrupt mindset" in the locker room and "extremely selfish individuals" -- suggesting it was more than just Santonio Holmes, who jawed with teammates and was benched during the season finale.

"It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you," McElroy said Wednesday on Birmingham, Ala., radio station 97.3 The Zone. "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals. I think that's maybe the nature of the NFL, but there were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they ... had really had good games individually."

"That's the disappointing thing," he continued. "It's going to take a lot to come together next year. I think the fact we struggled at times this year really led to ... this corrupt mindset within the locker room. But I think we're going to regroup. I think we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year."

2) PSquad CB after being cut and joining another team talks about how the psquad guys were hardly coached at all compared to the new team  (Rex goes ballistic in whine mode)

3) Amaro lets it be known the team was club Rex and people were late on a regular basis.  Rex blasts him.

Good coach indeed.

Those at fault:

Mr. T

Idzik

Sanchez

Geno

Schitty

MM

Pettine

Woody

fans

Cimini

Mehta

Those not at fault:

Rex

Good coach indeed.

I forgot about those first two incidents, good catch.  He's the "Wizard Of Oz" of coaches, all "flash & dash" but

don't look behind the curtain you'll be disappointed

I think Rex has inherited a pretty decent team, just like he did here, perhaps better.

We all acknowledge that defense is the strength there, but the offense is better than everyone gives credit.  Yes, Manuel/Cassel isn't a very pretty sight at QB.  And they need help at G and tackle.  Incognito is not much more than a short term band-aid at G.  But McCoy and Jackson at RB, Watkins, Harvin and Woods at WR, Clay, with his crazy $25 million guaranteed contract, are all pretty solid, in fact I would rate them in the top third of the league as a group.  Like the Jets, it all comes down to QB and OL to protect that QB.

Archived