GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One of the continuing elements of this whole deal is that the Stark moral compass has no place in Westeros and always leads them to certain death. Every one of them. I think that’s why Sansa and Arya are constantly alluding to them being new and improved after all the sh*t they’ve gone through. Neither of them have Ned’s dopey adherence to right and wrong. I can’t remember, but didn’t Catelyn always breaks Ned’s balls about being naive? 

Ned didn't want to go be the hand of the King, Catelyn was the one who thought it was a good idea.

As they said, the Starks don't do well when they head south.   Rob had a great rebellion going, which HE destroyed by breaking a promise, and marrying a girl he liked and knew for a month rather than the person he was promised to marry.   Ned tried to be nice and warn Cersei that he knew who her kids were, and consequently started a war.   If he told Robert directly, none of this happens.

• Upvote 2

I normally hate comparisons to the book and I get that the book counterpart would have been difficult to portray but the Show Euron has been so ******* bad. It feels ridiculous to see him kill a dragon and be involved in the endgame. No one cares about him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hot predictions, completely wrong. Don’t read if you don’t like incorrect fake spoilers 

Zombie Clegane mortally wounds Hound but...

Arya kills Zombie Clegane (echoes of fight with Oberyn)

Jaquen H’gar appears to confront Arya for stealing a life from the Red God or some sh*t because ZC isn’t technically alive. 

Arya kills H’gar, becomes the Faceless ninja master Pai Mei

Tyrion cooks Iron Fleet with green sh*t a la Blackwater. 

Yara kills a fleeing Euron 

Jaime murder/suicides Cersei by dragging both out window like Tommen

Jon kills manic Dany

Jon has dragon melt Iron Throne, declares everyone to be Free Folk now because he’s a clown-ass sovereign citizen crackpot

Jon names Tyrion Lord of the South or whatever 

Tyrion gives Bronn Highgarden

Jon names Sansa Lord of the North or whatever. 

Final scene is Jon walking through snow to hang out with Tormund and his huge dog. Shadow of the dragon flying over him.

FIN

****MCU BONUS CREDIT SCENES****

Brienne, at Winterfell, visibly pregnant with last Lannister child. 

Arya secretly giving birth to Baratheon child. Hound and Gendry look on. 

Flash to King’s Landing, Varys informing Tyrion of said babies, Tyrion does a shot of Jameson 

Dead dragon lying at bottom of the ocean outside Dragonstone, eyes open and they’re blue. 

Bran gets up out of wheelchair, starts hobbling down sidewalk, but we notice his lame feet gets less and less disabled until he’s walking just fine. Camera pans to his face where he slaps on a pair of Ray Bans, lights a cigarette, and gets into a wagon driven by Samwell Tarley

{...} driven by Samwell Tarley.

As the camera pans out from the wagon, we see blue eyed Ned Stark, Catelyn Stark, old Nan, and the first man who became the NK huddled together high up on the Winterfell gates, smiling as they watch the wagon drive off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

First time I was really disappointed in the writing.  Let's start with the improbability of a first shot, from a boat, with wind, being a direct hit on a fast-moving, elevated target.  Pretty much zero there.  Now let's add in the fact that those shots should take several seconds at least to reach the dragons.  How, pray tell, did the dragons and Dany not see an entire fleet of ships in the time it took the ships to see the dragons, aim a ballista and fire it perfectly?  I know it's fantasy, but the non-magical elements should all make sense and this just didn't.  It was lazy writing to whittle down the forces of the North.  We are so close to the end of the series and it's such a shame to see them using weak plot devices to set the stage.  This is the first time I really felt like they have gone off the GRRM rails because I don't think he would have written it this badly.  Shame....Shame....Shame.

As for Missandei, we pretty much knew either she or Greyworm was a goner and it makes more sense to off her and have him go into a cold rage.  So you'll have to warm yourself with scenes of Sansa I guess but it's only 2 more episodes so tough it out :).  My issue is that it looked like she had an opportunity to grab Cersei and at least try to pull her off the wall with her, even with the shackles on her wrists.  Even if it didn't work out, it would have been a spectacular way to go.  

My last beef was the near character assassination of Jon last night.  Yes, he was a total puppy dog with Ygritte but I can respect that because she was...well...crazy hot and she was his first love.  But after that, to see his wishy washy reaction to Dany trying to use the power of her feminine parts to get him to lie to his family was pathetic.  He really isn't acting like king material.  Sansa really has become the best of the bunch for that.

On to the good stuff.  Glad to see Jamie heading down to KL for the end game.  As much as it feels like he's going there to right his wrongs (i.e. kill his sister-wife) that would seem to go against the prophecy Cersei heard that a younger, more beautiful queen would cast her down.  Lots to speculate on regarding that.  Also, I really, really hope that Arya and the Hound have more to do because they are now my favorite characters on the show.  Total badasses with little moral compass and no sh-ts to give.  Loads of potential!

100% agree.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It's great and I'm thankful we're here but it begs the question to be asked; why were the Dragons such a central theme in this show for so long, to have such little significance?  Like, when you really think about, what purpose did they serve?  The biggest benefit they provided for the entire series was the dead one taking out the wall.  You had the scene where they returned to Dany and saved her in that crazy scene where all the masked people started killing everyone in the Gladiator pit and the scene she goes north to save the crew trying to capture a zombie but that was about it.  Otherwise, they helped take out the Lannister reserves/gold in that one battle and that they really didnt even need to win.  Kind of weird to me to have them be so "powerful" yet, basically wield no power at all and very easily taken out (******* Euron took one out for christ sake).   Unless Drogon just goes balls to the wall and torches the entire city of Kings Landing, I'll be honest, I dont get the Dragons place in this show.  They've been largely meaningless

Now that we've got to this point, I'm actually less intrigued by who ends up on the Iron Throne that I am to find out who kills who.  LIke it's got to be a bloodbath and it's got to be characters killing characters to finish thing out.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

It was lazy writing to whittle down the forces of the North. 

What JiF and you are saying about the Dragons is exactly my feeling about the White Walkers.  Unless they come back in some meaningful way in the next two episodes, what was the point of that entire story line?  Just to make a fairer fight in the endgame?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What JiF and you are saying about the Dragons is exactly my feeling about the White Walkers.  Unless they come back in some meaningful way in the next two episodes, what was the point of that entire story line?  Just to make a fairer fight in the endgame?

We may have to wait for GRRM to finish the series to find out.  Because clearly HBO went far off the rails.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I've got to re-watch the episode as well as watch the "Inside the Episode" recap....but I think there might be a chance that somehow Rhaegal survived.

Much like the writers have done in the past, they lingered just a little too much on the conversation with Cersei and Euron about Rhaegal being dead, when Euron says something to the sort of I saw it fall into the ocean.

Then, they conveniently make sure that Cersei can see that Dany arrives at the parley with only one dragon, calling back to the original parley at the dragon pit in season 7 where Cersei correctly assumes one of the dragons is dead, because Dany only showed up with two dragons.

The one thing I don't recall, and I need to re-watch the episode tonight for, is there a scene with Dany mourning or acknowledging the loss of her second dragon (other than when he first went down)....or one of her other advisers confirming that Rhaegal is in fact dead?  I don't recall it, but I could missed it while watching the episode.

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

Nevermin. Already mentioned 

34 minutes ago, nycdan said:

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I normally hate comparisons to the book and I get that the book counterpart would have been difficult to portray but the Show Euron has been so ******* bad. It feels ridiculous to see him kill a dragon and be involved in the endgame. No one cares about him.

Agreed 100%.  Euron is the worst character potentially in the history of TV, to have him playing such a crucial role all the way to the end is very very disappointing. 

Friends again? 

• Upvote 1

A few more thoughts;

Jamie's character arch has been outstanding and more involved than any character I can think of in any show I've ever watched.  I literally wanted to jump through the screen and beat his face in last night.  That dude, is killing that role.  He's been incredible.  Between him, Tywin, Tyrion and Cersi - I think the Lannister might be the best actors in the entire series.  Runner up; Jorah, he was amazing and saved 90% of those terrible Dany scenes and her miserable acting. 

It warmed my heart to see the Hound and Arya back on the road again.  If there was a favorite time over the entirety of the show; it was when they were riding together.  That dynamic was amazing.  My favorite scene still till this day; is when the Hound arrives at her Aunts Castle only to find out she's been killed and Arya just starts cracking up laughing. 

I called the Varys and Dany scene.  New it was coming.  New when she asked him for his council that this day would come.  The Red Witch said he'd die in Westeros.  She never mentioned when and now he's employed someone to kill her?  This might be the most intriguing story line left in the show.  Do we see Varys die or does he survive?  Who kills Dany? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed, the only thing I can think of is similar how the Dragons created power for Dany, the White Walkers formed alliances that would not have been created before which in turn handed us the armies who are basically now battling for the Throne.

That said, seems like a let down.  There has to be more and it has to included Bran.  How his power has been so underutilized at this stage is insane.  I dont get it. 

Unless, these are all just tidbits that create the storyline for the spin offs...

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

Ugh, wish you wouldnt have posted this again.  lol  That might be the worst sequence this show has produced.  2 shots, hit identical spots, the next one, perfectly though his neck (the smallest area for them to hit) and then they miss Dany with 1, and then 12 and then should could have easily taken out the entire fleet but nah.

Oh man, that was sooooo bad.  Everything Euron on is in, is just legit awful.  It's like the second his face appears, everything is cheapened. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ugh, wish you wouldnt have posted this again.  lol  That might be the worst sequence this show has produced.  2 shots, hit identical spots, the next one, perfectly though his neck (the smallest area for them to hit) and then they miss Dany with 1, and then 12 and then should could have easily taken out the entire fleet but nah.

Oh man, that was sooooo bad.  Everything Euron on is in, is just legit awful.  It's like the second his face appears, everything is cheapened. 

All I know is, if they bring that dragon out from the water without giving us some balls to the walls explanation for it, then that'll be super weak. But, they probably wouldn't put a flagrant tease about it in the previews if it was just gonna be "surprise! That dragon never really died!" The ice dragon also went into the water before it was resurrected, so maybe there'll be a similar plot device with this one, and not just some bullsh*t where it simply survived two death blows. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

That said, seems like a let down.  There has to be more and it has to included Bran.  How his power has been so underutilized at this stage is insane.  I dont get it. 

This is so problematic. I mean, they have a resource that sees the past and the future and they treat him like a lawn ornament. Even Tyrion, whose whole deal is "knowing things," was like, sup Bran, how's things, totes jelly of you, okthxbye.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I care about him. A lot.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All I know is, if they bring that dragon out from the water without giving us some balls to the walls explanation for it, then that'll be super weak. But, they probably wouldn't put a flagrant tease about it in the previews if it was just gonna be "surprise! That dragon never really died!" The ice dragon also went into the water before it was resurrected, so maybe there'll be a similar plot device with this one, and not just some bullsh*t where it simply survived two death blows. 

How long can the thing survive underwater?  Does it have gills?  It has to be dead.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

How long can the thing survive underwater?  Does it have gills?  It has to be dead.

Who the hell knows? fwiw, they're teasing episode five as the biggest episode ever. Here's your fave Danaerys, for one:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27340040/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-bigger-than-battle-of-winterfell-the-long-night-emilia-Clarke/

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is so problematic. I mean, they have a resource that sees the past and the future and they treat him like a lawn ornament. Even Tyrion, whose whole deal is "knowing things," was like, sup Bran, how's things, totes jelly of you, okthxbye.

So far, Brans entire insane journey to become the 3 eyed raven has produced: Jon is a Targaryen and I'm best served as a piece of cheese in a rat trap.  Meanwhile, he just sits around all day long seeing everything that has ever happened and will happen but nobody seems to think that it would beneficial to use this information for any reason, whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Bran - I'm thinking about storming King's Landing.  Any advice?

Hey Bran - I'm a little nervous Dany going crazy.  Mind checking that out?

Hey Bran - did you know that Euron was going to shoot down a Dragon?  Mind a little heads up next time?

Hey Bran - did you see Missandie getting decapitated or were you watching a different more important even that day? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who the hell knows? fwiw, they're teasing episode five as the biggest episode ever. Here's your fave Danaerys, for one:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27340040/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-bigger-than-battle-of-winterfell-the-long-night-emilia-Clarke/

Ugh, "get the biggest TV you can" - her Dragon is coming back, for sure.

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

mu1r0lzuajw21.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

So far, Brans entire insane journey to become the 3 eyed raven has produced: Jon is a Targaryen and I'm best served as a piece of cheese in a rat trap.  Meanwhile, he just sits around all day long seeing everything that has ever happened and will happen but nobody seems to think that it would beneficial to use this information for any reason, whatsoever. 

Well....to be fair, the show has never indicated that Bran can really see into the future with any accuracy.  He's had some visions, but none of them have been clear.  There's nothing to suggest that he can accurately see the future or accurately see everything in the future.  His visions have been very abstract.

Even when telling Sam what being the three eyed raven means at the end of season 7 he says he can see the past and he can see things "happening all over the world now" but he never says he can see the future.

Even this season, episode 2, when they are planning the defense against the dead, he offers himself up as bait for the Night King because he's the "world's memories".

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hey Bran - I'm thinking about storming King's Landing.  Any advice?

Hey Bran - I'm a little nervous Dany going crazy.  Mind checking that out?

Hey Bran - did you know that Euron was going to shoot down a Dragon?  Mind a little heads up next time?

Hey Bran - did you see Missandie getting decapitated or were you watching a different more important even that day? 

To be fair, every Bran reponse has been "sh*t happens. sh*t will happen. I don't give a sh*t."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think there’s a successful way to work a character like this in to anything.  The character is problematic.  Truthfully, you need him, Arya, and no one else.  Anyone who knows the future would generally be unstoppable.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t think there’s a successful way to work a character like this in to anything.  The character is problematic.  Truthfully, you need him, Arya, and no one else.  Anyone who knows the future would generally be unstoppable.

Good point. I kinda respect the fact that they're not going Full Gandalf with Bran, wherein he's am omniscient character who just waves a wand and bails everyone out

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, every Bran reponse has been "sh*t happens. sh*t will happen. I don't give a sh*t."

I don't understand why you jagaloons are bitching about this one. The 3-eyed Raven dudes stay out of this sh*t. They exist to be memories and nothing else. Both incarnations in the show have explained this clearly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't understand why you jagaloons are bitching about this one. The 3-eyed Raven dudes stay out of this sh*t. They exist to be memories and nothing else. Both incarnations in the show have explained this clearly.

THATS WHAT I JUST SAID DOUG

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

THATS WHAT I JUST SAID DOUG

Why isn't Tyrion saying more to him? Oh I dunno. Tyrion had a hard time believing White Walkers existed up until like a year ago. So maybe the thought of a guy that has literally seen every second of Tyrion spending money on hookers is a little overwhelming for him.

You idiots are turning into this endless time loop of Dante and Randall debating about contractors that got needlessly killed on the Death Star. Or the guys who buy convention stand pizza at ComicCon and get into screaming matches about who changes the tires on the Batmobile. It's a ******* fictional story! Nobody changes the tires!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Well....to be fair, the show has never indicated that Bran can really see into the future with any accuracy.  He's had some visions, but none of them have been clear.  There's nothing to suggest that he can accurately see the future or accurately see everything in the future.  His visions have been very abstract.

Even when telling Sam what being the three eyed raven means at the end of season 7 he says he can see the past and he can see things "happening all over the world now" but he never says he can see the future.

Even this season, episode 2, when they are planning the defense against the dead, he offers himself up as bait for the Night King because he's the "world's memories".

Ahhh, ok.  For some reason I thought he could see the future too.  I read some "theory" Bran told Tyrion that he'd live which is why when the drinks around the fire scene happened in episode 2, he said, "I think we're going to live" and said it again with confidence.   The theory I read is Bran told Tyrion the outcome.  Which now doesnt add up and makes sense why he isnt the like, they key advisor to everyone. 

This may have been told at some point, but why the old 3 eyed raven out past the wall and attached to that tree? 

54 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Bran literally has a line in this weeks episode, “I mostly spend my time in the past”. Can he in fact see the future at all? I only recall him seeing the past. Red Witch saw future in the flames.

Speaking of which, what are the odds we never find out what The Hound saw in the flames?