prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

I don’t understand hating that episode. It was the best writing the show’s had in seasons and it felt weighty. No one thought about glory, all the boisterous behavior of the past gave way to one last moment before death. Best episode of the show I can remember.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Spending 2 out of 6 episodes reminding us that everyone that showed up to Winterfell are all on the same side they agreed to be on last season, which is quite literally the only reason they are even there to begin with, isn't particularly weighty to me.  Very little of it was new, as most were continuing on with the ongoing stream of reunions they started last week.  Jaime is the only one of the bunch that wasn't a long-standing ally, and he already had folks on his side, none of which were surprising.

If looked at in a complete vacuum, the episode itself wasn't so bad, but that would be dependent on it being a unique story happening in a mid-season episode in a mid-series season.  Back-to-back episodes of the same thing overtaking a third of the final season, on the other hand, is idiotic.  They could have easily packed those both into a single episode without losing anything of value in the process, which brings on the more serious concern that the writers have no idea what to do with any depth to it beyond the upcoming battles.

Let's just hope they've gotten all the self-pandering they apparently needed out of the way and are ready to move on.

Who cares about battles. If the next episode picks up in the aftermath and they tell stories of how people died then it’s better than a battle without poignancy.

Seriously? Just not good.

i couldn’t see sh*t. There was no logic or logistics.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What didn’t you like about it? I’m usually the grumpiest prick alive and I think that was one of the three or four best pieces of cinema I’ve ever watched 

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I have no idea what this means. 

The Last of Us is a video game where things happen and they look and feel earned and rewarding.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re not entitled to all the information. Kdels. This is the zombie apocalypse for gods sake 

Oh I’m sorry for wanting to understand what’s happening on my screen

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Welcome to the Fog of War. First time? 

Fog of crappy storytelling

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE KDELS

Oh cool I’ll just assume a bunch of cool sh*t happened until next Sunday. Oh guess what only 2 actual characters died.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just put this out there: when the zombie apocalypse hits, you and your foul attitude are NOT invited to shelter in my vast and luxurious compound 

Let me put this out there. At least I’ll know where things are in my house. And when I die I’ll actually die not just show up with scratches 10 minutes later in the same place.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

😁

Macc gets sh*t for making decisions without any direction why does this bad direction get a pass?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The chaos of battle should definitely be itemized for observers. So they feel better about it all.

Or so that the tragedy of death actually has impact

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

lol wut

If you’re going to throw every nameless character into death have there be moments of genuine horror. Show fear and cowardice, loss of discipline and panic. Don’t show blurry shadows and pretend the shadows are characters that we care about dying, especially since they all survived.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I see two main complaints about this episode today. 1, that it was too dark and 2. Arya being a ninja is weak. 

The darkness complaint is whatever. It was clearly intentional and it was supposed to be frustrating, so if you're frustrated today, the director did his job. As for the Arya stuff, they made us sit through a full season of that boring "A girl has no name" sh*t so we could get to that moment. I believe it's implied that she spent multiple years training with that legendary assassin dude, and having her become Jet Li is a-o-*******-k with me because it's our reward for the neverending training montage.

I also think there's no way we're done with the Night King storyline. I don't think the wights return, necessarily, but there's gonna be a lot of reckoning with Danaerys, whom I still believe has some relation to him, so that'll be the framing of it. Also, the things Bran learned while warging are all Night King-related, so the complaint that they conveniently wrapped up the zombie war to be expedient is premature, imo

Bitching about Arya is dumb. Her, Jorah and Theon gave the episode something good. 

I am being harsh on the episode because it wasn’t actually bad and I enjoyed portions of it a lot. But man I was hoping for “last-episode-of-Spartacus” type of good and this wasn’t it.

It’s also annoying because the show is following what I wanted the show to do and it’s not great.

So I’ve been right all the way through this season so I’m neither too high or too low on any of this.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company