GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

prime21

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Yup, that is so GoT style. Some relatively new character steps in and whoops up on established characters like he was their dad(or dad's brother). Part of what I like about it. At least this time they gave you some history of that character.  With this series it isnt surprising to have someone step into a huge moment in one episode and not learn who he is until the next episode. I havent read the books so I have a couple of go to people with my questions.  I was sure that Rob and Khallissi would wind up ruling all as king and queen until i was informed that Rob is her nephew.  Not sure if that will prevent them from getting together but bran knows so if Jon knew he may not be on board with it.

It's Jon Snow who is her nephew..... Khallissi's brother is his father.

Don't forget the prophecy that the Witch in the forest gave to Cersei when she was a young girl.  1)  She will have 3 children, all of whom will die. Check   2) She will be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Sansa or Dany?  3) She will be killed by a younger sibling. Remember, Jaime stated a throw away line in an episode in season 6, when He said that Cersei was born a few minutes before him.  

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The show actually messed up the prophecy - In Season 1 she said that had a child that died in infancy.

The new baby?

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No, she had a scene with Catelyn in Season One and said she had a child with Robert.

Great scene. With how the character of Cersei has developed, though, as a ruthless liar and killer, don't you think that was just BS? Tyring to get sympathy from the Starks to cover up the fact that Bran is in that condition because of Jamie and her?

• Upvote 1

The real heir to the throne is Gendry, not Dany, Jon or even Tyrion. As Robert's son, he is next in line. Think the clue that they gave was in this last episode, when Tyrion said to Dany  after she gave him his title  "He will now be loyal to you forever." Her response..."you are not the only clever one." What would she need Gendry's loyalty for?

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I guess that all depends on your point of view.  From Dany's point of view, Gendry has no claim even if he was a true-born son of Robert.

Dany's whole point is that the throne was wrongfully taken from her family, so only a Targaryen would have a true right to the throne.

It is my understanding (a book reader will have to confirm) that when Aegon conquered Westeros hundreds of years before the show, there was no one ruler of the seven kingdoms.  All of the different areas of Westeros were independent and under separate rule.  When Aegon conquered them all, he united them under one throne.  So, in Dany's mind, the Seven Kingdoms together as one relm can only belong to a Targaryen.

Good point, but even still, she is still #2 in line, behind Jon. Maybe even Tyrion.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was definitely thinking of The Sopranos last night after watching that, and how pissed everyone was about it at the time. I’d imagine if I wrote a show that became a phenomenon like GoT, I’d probably be upset if a portion of the viewership didn’t freak out as it got closer to the end. Think of some shows that were huge for three seasons that people just gave up on altogether, like The Walking Dead. Ultimately, I think we’ll all remember GoT as being great, regardless of the sniping about the close 

Just like how we'll all remember the Woody years, too.😁

• Upvote 1

Question for the people who have read all the books. Do the dragons obey any Targaryan, or just Dany? If she is killed , and Jon lives, can he control Drogon?

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

While I see your point, it doesnt matter if she has actually gone "mad".  The perception is, she's gone mad and that was quite clear.  Every look the people with morals gave during that episode was, "oh sh*t, the coin flipped on the wrong side".  And she's going to die because of it.  

I know the show is hinting that it's Arya or Jon who kills her but I think it's Tyrion.  The story comes full circle.  The Starks are good people with high moral ground, the Targaryens are psychos and the Lannisters are king slayers. 

There are 4 people on the sh*t list after last week.....Tyrion, Jon, Davos, and Sansa, with Sansa on top of the list. Now that Cersei is gone, Dany will deal with her biggest threat, Sansa. She laid it out in the scene with Jon when she basically said that Sansa constructed the plot to remove her by telling Jon's secret. Arya knows Sansa is in danger and will rush back to protect her. There will another fight at Winterfell, Arya will die, but Brienne, who took the oath to defend the Stark girls, will kill Dany, protecting Sansa. And Jon will knock off GreyWorm...you know that fight is coming.

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I thought it was great.  

Once again Game of Thrones surprises you and gives you something you did not expect.....a happy ending. 

Just about every character we cared about got what they wanted and what they were destined to become. 

Jon - a return to the “Night’s Watch”where he always wanted to be. 

Sansa - the queen she always wanted to be. 

Arya - the adventurer free from the confines of being a “lady”

Tyrion - the hand of a worthy ruler

Bron - a cutthroat lord

Tourmond - back into the real north, leading his free folk

Pod - a Knight

Brieanne - A Knight of the Kings Guard 

Sam - the archmaester

Bran - the ruler he was groomed to become since the first 15 minutes of episode 1

Even Jamie, in his death, got the recognition and honor he always wanted and came to deserve. 

And it ended the way it began, with people coming out of castle black and heading north. The first episode, the first experience with the white walkers and the horror of what is to come. Last night, heading into a free and peaceful world. Simple, but brilliant.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Count me in on Team Underwhelmed. How was that closure? Jon getting reunited with Ghost got me tho.

That was wonderful.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Gendry would've been a good choice. The bastard son of the original King in the story who's murder kicked off the entire series. It'd be coming around full circle.

That’s who I thought, too.Had most legitimate claim.

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's not about who had the best claim to the throne. 

Saying that is completely missing the point of the end. The throne shouldn't go to someone just because of who their father is, it should go to the best possible person. That's why they decided to do away with the concept of having a birthright to the throne. 

Did you even watch the episode?

I said it two weeks ago after the episode Last of The Starks way before the decision from last night. Yes,I get the concept and did watch the episode.