prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

I like how they all decided to stop fighting and be superfriends at winterfell and spend half the episode playing grabass while the world is literally ending. Because that makes for a real good ******* show.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

That might have been one of the best episodes ever.  Just tremendous writing.  Awesomely done.  Wow. 

Are you kidding? It's so bad they're basically laughing about it. Like when Jamie finishes Tyrion's line about how he wants to die.

The only good thing that comes out of this season is some ending, any ending. I haven't read the books anyway but it seems like my dude is way too far up his own butt to midwife this thing to anything remotely resembling an as-intended conclusion.

Paraphrasing Einstein, the first world war was fought with guns and the second was fought with bombs. I dunno what the third will be fought with but the fourth will be fought by a bunch of dipsh*ts running around in animal skins playing model UN. My god in heaven all these ****ers do is caucus. Tyrion and Jamie. Sansa and Daenerys. Caucus on the wall. Caucus by the fire.

It's like nobody really has any idea what the **** we're still doing here and everybody's just sitting around looking at each other. I don't think I've ever seen a show just go to complete and utter sh*t quite this quickly.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

"hey, remember these guys who knew each other before?!?  Yeah!"

Two episodes in ten words. Not bad. Any idea where I submit the reimbursement form to get those two hours out of my life back?

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we're looking for clues as to who dies next week, the show clearly wants to say something about the olds being phased out and all the woke kids taking over the realm, so I wouldn't be surprised if every character over the age of 30 gets whacked and it's all about the PYT's hashing out their feelings about power and dominion.

I was just thinking that they hadn't gone quite far enough into making this season into some sort of prehistoric coachella.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your rage regarding GoT and Macccagnsn drafting Jonah Williams at 7 is going to carry me through these dog days of spring, sir

At least with Jonah there's a decent chance of seeing somebody get killed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

well lets see

GoT is a billion dollar franchise and HBO got their highest ratings for any show, ever 

the source material ran out years ago and unlike Sopranos, they actually filmed an ending 

It's like if you're in an airplane and the pilot passed out at the controls (i'm serious and don't call me Shirley), and these 2 dbags D&D somehow landed a plane on fire. they aren't geniuses by any means but 

they did it (*which was more than high priced genius GRRM could do*) and everyone involved printed money.  

In hollywood terms these guys are like heroes.

Sopranos had an ending. The thing with all these shows is that nihilism isn't conducive to resolution. Seinfeld was a show about nothing that ended with them just sitting there looking at each other. Thrones went from the climb is all there is to a season-long what does it all mean phase. Sopranos was aware of the competing considerations, took a real crack at it without pissing all over everything, and actually, you know, made art. So of course they got panned the hardest.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

there's art and there's commerce. if it was up to GRRM there might not be any ending at all. 

fast forward this all ends with a disney dragon ride replacing splash mountain in the magic kingdom eta 2030 

It's not up to fat gandalf, it's not up to the mouse, and it's certainly not up to the audience. In art and commerce and everything else, giving the people what they say they want means you're at least as dumb as they are.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company