prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

12 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think it'll also end, where a few of the defeated side escape, showing how it starts all over again.  That nothing ever ends.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see some happy ending riding off into the sunset sht. It will be a messy limping into the birthing of our current oligarchy platform or something like that. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

WHo saw tonight?

That dragon is HUGE

Yeah he was looking pretty menacing. 

That Mad King stuff was awesome to get a glimpse of. That's gonna be very cool to see. And Walder Frey is back. Good times. 

A girl may be in some deep shlt now too. Things are really moving along quickly now. I think they are just gonna finish the story and that's that. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

I've been arguing this with my friends.

The Dothraki don't fit there.   She wins the throne, great.  They burn half of the towns of Westeros in the process.  After she wins, then what?  They'll just sit around?  No, they will keep pillaging the locals, destroying everything they find.  Plus, they are used to the dessert, they don't even own shirts.  What are they going to do when the long winter comes?

Go hit up some of that good Dorne pusey  

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I was not feeling the end of the episode with a bunch, by that I mean maybe 25, of fat Dothraki dads on horses. Dany's so the villain in all this. 1,000 (WINK WINK) ships bringing Dothraki to Westeros with her dragons? They've done way more raping, pillaging, and brought more general destructiom than the Others have!

Yeah that was not nearly enough Dothrakis there. 

And she's starting to get a bit tyrant-ish. 

14 hours ago, Fishooked said:

-Anyone else think that wasn't Arya that got stabbed? 

yes I had that thought actually 

14 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Edit: There is evidence to support that Lady Stoneheart joins the fray

I thought Sansa was gonna be taking that role but now I'm not so sure... LSH/Arya makes sense, but then she wouldn't have her grizzly appearance tho would she? 

Im all boned up oer' here!

23 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Looks like these are the remaining episode titles, so I suspect that Arya's storyline gets wrapped up next week, battle for Winterfell the following week, and I'm guessing we might see white walkers again in the finale (just guessing).

Season 6, episode 8: “Niemand” (“No One”)

Season 6, episode 9:  “Die Schlacht der Bastarde” (“The Battle of the Bastards”)

Season 6, episode 10: “Die Winde des Winters” (“The Winds of Winter”)

Pantalones de los boneros

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In the scene earlier this season where Davos convinced Melisandre to bring Jon back from the dead, she told him a story about how she had only heard about it being done by another man years ago. I just realized that was in Season 3, Arya was actually there for that, she watched that happen.

Rewatching these older episodes is fun. I forgot just how much has happened since the first episode. You don't realize how many little things along the way have such broad repercussions until going back through them with hindsight. RR Martin is a cold, cold dude.

You can rewatch over and over and always catch something new that ties in. There isn't a wasted line in the show. Pure mastery, even in the "boring" episodes. Those are usually chock full of easter eggs btw. 

15 hours ago, chirorob said:

Crushing a mans head with his bare hands....

Or actually ripping a man's head off and throwing it?

15 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Oberyn's death was the best

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

On the other hand, watching him cause Lancel to sh*t his pants in fear was delightful. Plus the way he pried that dude's head off his neck was just awesome.

He didn't just pop his head off, he ripped his spine out along with it and tossed it like a peeled shrimp. 

But I too wanted him to take all of those twats out. What's he gonna do now? Tommen and Cercei both about to die. 

• Upvote 1

I liked it... They were building that tension, like there's not always full massacre/bloodshed.... So when these next ones come up they are gonna be insanity brutal. They have been setting things up in a big way. No scenes are ever wasted. Not sure why ppl need to constantly be reminded of that, but w/e. 

Arya story dragged on just a little bit for a while. They could have gotten to that earlier on this season I think, but they didn't wanna rush it, and then all of the sudden she's a badasz assassin. I get it. Makes sense. And good point about her not knowing she was spotted by the waif in the failed mission. Explains an awful lot IMO. I'm trying to figure out if the hound is becoming Gentelman Stoneheart or what... The peeing in the water scene was kind of a hint there at something IMO. And TBH, it has been too long for it to make sense that it would be actual LSH coming. Maybe Arya puts on the face and unleashes pure hell, teamed up with the hound once again on a revenge path. I really hope we see her dismember Walter Frey by the end of this season... 

+although, I DID notice how Beric told the Hound they hang them now, kind of a hint/nod at LSH... Like those are their orders. She may just not be there... interesting. And now Brienne is walking right into that LSH trap... interesting. stop teasing me you bastards! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I believe in order to resurrect LSH, Beric needed to give his life.  So with that the mere presence of Beric would hint no LSH, no?

Yes, absolutely. Which is why I think it's a no go... Unless someone puts on the face ;)

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone think it's likely that Varys betrayed Tyrion? Seems pretty convenient that he bails on Mereen right before a major invasion that surely Varys had to have some knowledge of. 

That red woman scared the piss outta him, so maybe he's up to some shadiness and is looking to skip town because she seemed to know something that scared the hell out of him. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Do you mean (by "shadiness") that he's explicitly boning Tyrion, or that leaving Mereen before the invasion was coincidental?

Well I'm not sure I think he's trying to pull one over on Tyrion exactly, but maybe he's not really an ally to Kaleesi... Although I'm really not sure what side he would be on if not hers... I can't imagine why he would be actively trying to betray her, but that Red Lady seemed pretty skeptical of him... I dunno, didn't really cross my mind until yous said that about him knowing about it. There was some speculation before the season that he was behind the Sons Of The Harpy. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I think Varys always been on the side of the Targaryeans.  (However you spell that).  I don't know in the end that Khaleesi really wants to leave there, she is a better fit on that country then in the 7 kingdoms.  I want to see that invasion fleet vs. the ships from the iron islands with the dragons.

I'm thinking that she releases the other 2, and we see 3 dragons go make a really big boat BBQ.

Yeah, they're about to be coming up from behind and taking some more ships. And lookin real good for Kaleesi. 

She def wants to go West... She's too fixated on that Iron Throne for no good reason, really. 

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think Varys always been on the side of the Targaryeans.

Oh... yes... I think he is going to the Iron Islands to try to convince them to bring ships, not knowing anything that's happened, or that Yara and Theon are already on their way. 

11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

So I just found out that Benioff and Weiss wrote "Flowers for Charlie," a brilliant episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It is my favorite episode, I have probably watched it a dozen times. The last scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A&ebc=ANyPxKpK88_fnbpNxd2pb2woqmf9_FGXSHxaAqvtfPgFxTjlx8rRNlLbd-TlTIgronaCummWa72y

wow, what? really?!

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Olenna was one of the last few characters that I cared about, even dying she owned the screen. I have to agree with BG; this is the last season of one of the greatest and most epic shows on television and these three episodes feel like ones you could have tossed into the middle of season two or three in terms of my level of interest. It feels that they're trying to cram two full seasons into a shortened one. I'm just not sure how they're going to have the battle of the Night King, revealing who Jon Targaryen is, have the battle of westeros etc. all in less than 5 remaining hours. I really hope it doesn't have Bran explain away half the show because they ran out of time. 

After this season... There is a season 8, with 6 episodes. So this isn't the last season. 

I agree tho that these writers are completely lost and are sh i t without source material

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

WHY DID SHE BURN THOSE PRECIOUS SUPPLY CARTS?

WHAT ABOUT THE GOLD?

The gold is already at Kings Landing. Samwell Tarly's pops says so to Jamie early on before they are attacked. 

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh. Guess I missed that.

Still shouldn't have burned what I assume were carts of precious wheat and supplies.

Yep is was all the food.... I guess she was ensuring Queen Bitch Cercei would not get it either way... It will probably be regretted later on 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

She's trained with Forell, the Hound (he was teaching her and she did kill some people with the sword along the way), the faceless men (especially learning to use a staff blind), etc. She basically went into training that day she fled King's Landing.  So I dont see how you could compare that to the Stars Wars poop.  She's trained with the best of the best for literally the entirety of the show.

Gonna agree with this... The thing that seemed more off to me, was how Jamie didn't land in a foot (maybe 2) of water, and instead sank into an endless pit his horse was running along the edge of. LOL 

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2017 at 1:30 PM, JiF said:

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

I believe I heard they will all be in the 90 minutes range and the last ep 2 hours? 

But it is believed they will all be the longest episodes in the series, with the final basically being a full length movie. Not certain but that is sure what it sounded like from many sources 

On 8/25/2017 at 4:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, chirorob said:

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

Budget. There's so much CGI now... I wish they had just made them all longer at least... They kinda did, but I mean... 5 and 6 min longer, really? (besides the last one or 2 of course) 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company