prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

My prediction on the end of the show, particularly Cersei's fate:

Cersi wins the war with Dany, Jon etc.  Everyone's dead etc. etc.

Fade to black and you think the show is over....but wait....there's more!

....we fade fade up into a new scene

You are taken into the Red Keep and into the Queen's Chambers....Cersei is laying in bed in agonizing pain....her belly is swollen and pulsing with every breath.

Jamie stands beside her, holding her left hand (with his left hand of course)

Qyburn is at the foot of the bed.

(You quickly realize that scene is taking place months after the war has ended.  Cersei is having her baby!)

As she pushes out the birth of her fourth child you hear the faint sounds of a crying baby.

Zoom in to Qyburn's face....it becomes frowned and somber.

Above the cries of the new born Lannister, Qyburn look's up in horror and fear at Cersei

Qyburn:  "Your grace" he says in a somber tone....

Qyburn slowly lifts the crying newborn into the shot

Switch to Cersei....her smile of joy quickly turns into fear and horror...she let's out a blood curdling scream....

The camera slowly pans over to see Qyburn holding up the new born Lannister.....a freakishly misshapen dwarf.

Fade to Black...roll credits.

Alternate ending (a): Cersei dies during childbirth and the dwarfen child is revealed at the end.

Alternate ending (b):  Cersei survives childbirth but hates her dwarfen monstrosity seeing it as one final **** you from Tyrion, she is about to kill the baby when Jamie catches her in the act.  Jamie loves his child no matter how vile he is.  Jamie kills Cersei.

That might have been one of the best episodes ever.  Just tremendous writing.  Awesomely done.  Wow. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Dany dies.

My guess too..... 

They've already revealed that Jason Mamoa has a cameo scene this year which to me plays out in one of two ways - 1) either a flashback through Bran; or 2a vision by Dany on her deathbed.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Not even 2 hours. 55 and 58 mins. 

Thought with only 6 episodes they were all going to be in the 75-80 minute range episodes. 

Here's the official episode length for the final season.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/15/game-of-thrones-final-season-episode-lengths/

Season 8, episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

23 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

TBH I hadn't thought of that, but I read a post earlier today that mentioned it and I thought, damn I shoulda thought of that! Then I read a bunch of comments telling that guy that he was a moron because targaryens only survive fire, not ice flames. So I'm glad I didn't think of that.

Way back in Season 1 when the first wight is brought into Castle Black, Jon burns his hand on a hot lantern that he throws at the wight while fighting it in Mormont's chambers.  They even show him later in the episode with the hand bandaged from the burn.  He just doesn't have the same fire resistance that Dany does. 

And this isn't a D&D plot hole.....a book reader friend of mine says that GRRM details Jon's burned hand after that encounter in the books.

So I guess only certain Targaryens are fire resistant.

• Upvote 1

I'm sticking with my theory that Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei wins and has her baby who turns out to be dwarf which would be the biggest karma kick in the vag to her.

Either she dies during childbirth like her mother and Jamie takes the crown...or, she tries to kill the dwarfen baby after it is born, Jamie catches her in the act, kills her for trying to kill his son and then takes the crown.

24 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Can he be King? I thought the Kingsguard gave up pretty much everything (including claims to the throne) when they become Guards? Or am I confusing them with the Night's watch?

As King's guard no, but only when he is actually a member of the King's Guard. 

Tommen kicked him out of the King's Guard when he marched on the High Sparrow with the Tyrells to save Margery (season 6 I believe). 

Being out of the King's Guard made Jamie the true heir to Casterly Rock again and he's free to have kids, hold lands etc. etc.  This would include a claim to Iron Throne.  With the rules of succession and Cersei currently having no children or spouse, Jamie could make an argument that he is next in line as her oldest sibling.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about the fact the entire world knows that her children are from incest and actually have no ties to the Iron Throne and there are now technically 3 people who would be next in line; Dany, Snow and Gendry? 

In a scenario where Cersi wins, Dany, Jon and Gendry are dead, dead, and dead. 

36 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Vox? Military?

Hahaha...No.

Well....if you actually read it, you'll see that the commentators provided a little more detailed analysis than.....to summarize the article you quoted: "What the **** dude....Dothraki should have run the flank bro!"

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It was a joke, Nancy. Settle down. 

And American Grit is a satire page for soldiers and Vets....now let it go before I start lecturing you on the proper role of Close Air Support on the Westerosi Battlefield.

"nancy"

Heh heh...funny boy.

There's one nit picky thing I have about the Red Woman and Arya's conversation.

It was never actually established that Arya knew the Night King's eyes were blue.

She had never seen a wight, a White Walker, or the Night King.

Obviously, you have to assume she's probably read some book with tails of the Night King and the White Walker's in it, or Jon at some point described the Night King to her, but The Red Woman emphasized the "blue eyes" line and it have never been established (at least in the show) that Arya knew what the Night King looked like, let alone what color his eyes were.

In a similar instance, in the Battle of the Bastards, at the very end, when Ramsay tells Sansa that his dogs would never hurt him, she says something along the lines that they were starving because they hadn't been fed in seven "You said so, yourself".  Except, Sansa had already left the little pre-war meeting between Ramsay and Jon when Ramsay says this.  Sansa never actually heard it. 

Certainly, again, the viewer can assume that Jon or someone else tells her this story when they gets back to camp, but in both instances, with such a huge dramatic emphasis on both lines (The "blue eyes" line and the "hounds are starving" lines) - you would have hoped that the writers had more solidly established the foundation of why those lines were in fact so dramatic.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Why would this be necessary? It’s not like Arya took this as permission to go do it. It was a premonition she shared with Arya. Nothing more.

Did you not understand the scene?

When Melisandre repeats the conversation that she had with Arya way back in season 3 she emphasizes "blue eyes".  In fact, she says "blue eyes" last when in the original Season 3 conversation she said, "brown eyes, blue eyes and green eyes". 

And here's the important part: when Melisandre emphasizes "blue eyes" Arya's reaction to those words is clearly meant to imply that Arya understands that Melisandre is telling her that she is the one who is destined  to kill the Night King.  My point is and was, Arya can't have that understanding if she doesn't know what the Night King looks like (which they never establish in the show).

When Arya leaves the library, it was pretty clear to me that she was going to go find and kill the Night King, she wasn't just running away from the dead as they tried to get into the library.  

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What JiF and you are saying about the Dragons is exactly my feeling about the White Walkers.  Unless they come back in some meaningful way in the next two episodes, what was the point of that entire story line?  Just to make a fairer fight in the endgame?

I've got to re-watch the episode as well as watch the "Inside the Episode" recap....but I think there might be a chance that somehow Rhaegal survived.

Much like the writers have done in the past, they lingered just a little too much on the conversation with Cersei and Euron about Rhaegal being dead, when Euron says something to the sort of I saw it fall into the ocean.

Then, they conveniently make sure that Cersei can see that Dany arrives at the parley with only one dragon, calling back to the original parley at the dragon pit in season 7 where Cersei correctly assumes one of the dragons is dead, because Dany only showed up with two dragons.

The one thing I don't recall, and I need to re-watch the episode tonight for, is there a scene with Dany mourning or acknowledging the loss of her second dragon (other than when he first went down)....or one of her other advisers confirming that Rhaegal is in fact dead?  I don't recall it, but I could missed it while watching the episode.

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

So far, Brans entire insane journey to become the 3 eyed raven has produced: Jon is a Targaryen and I'm best served as a piece of cheese in a rat trap.  Meanwhile, he just sits around all day long seeing everything that has ever happened and will happen but nobody seems to think that it would beneficial to use this information for any reason, whatsoever. 

Well....to be fair, the show has never indicated that Bran can really see into the future with any accuracy.  He's had some visions, but none of them have been clear.  There's nothing to suggest that he can accurately see the future or accurately see everything in the future.  His visions have been very abstract.

Even when telling Sam what being the three eyed raven means at the end of season 7 he says he can see the past and he can see things "happening all over the world now" but he never says he can see the future.

Even this season, episode 2, when they are planning the defense against the dead, he offers himself up as bait for the Night King because he's the "world's memories".

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Question; the Cersei prophecy.  When did we learn that her brother would kill her?  I dont remember that being said in the show.  That witch she visited, just said she'd mary the King and not have kids with him.

Was this a book thing that has come out and people have added that part?  

Yeah...it's a book thing...never stated in the show.

My theory still holds water so far, especially with Jamie leaving Brieanne and Winterfell.  In short:

Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei ends up winning and keeping the throne.  Cersei has her baby (Jamie's baby).

The baby turns out to be dwarf (you know...incest).  Cersei worst nightmare comes true...Cersei tries to (or does) kill the baby, Jamie kills Cersei.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I've got to re-watch the episode as well as watch the "Inside the Episode" recap....but I think there might be a chance that somehow Rhaegal survived.

Much like the writers have done in the past, they lingered just a little too much on the conversation with Cersei and Euron about Rhaegal being dead, when Euron says something to the sort of I saw it fall into the ocean.

Then, they conveniently make sure that Cersei can see that Dany arrives at the parley with only one dragon, calling back to the original parley at the dragon pit in season 7 where Cersei correctly assumes one of the dragons is dead, because Dany only showed up with two dragons.

The one thing I don't recall, and I need to re-watch the episode tonight for, is there a scene with Dany mourning or acknowledging the loss of her second dragon (other than when he first went down)....or one of her other advisers confirming that Rhaegal is in fact dead?  I don't recall it, but I could missed it while watching the episode.

The final shot in next week's trailer is Euron looking up into the sun with a look of surprise.  Maybe it's just Drogon making his final approach (out of the glaring sunlight to shield him from accurate Scorpion fire?) or just maybe its a look of surprise because it's Rhaegal coming and Euron thinks he's dead.

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

So, after re-watching the episode and the Inside the Episode featurette, I no longer think Rhaegal is coming back.

There's a very short conversation in the show between Dany and Tyrion where she talks about losing Rhaegal.

In the Inside the Episode as well as the longer making of the episode, behind the scenes both D&D seem to be pretty clear that Rhaegal is dead.  Of course it can be all misdirection but I don't think we will see Rhaegal again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Did the book prophecy include the rest of what we heard on the show?  Because on the show, it specifically said she'd have 3 children.  I'm starting to think Cersei is lying about the child. 

I didn't read the books so I don't know the technicalities with the exact prophecy there.  In the show, I believe she asks how many children she will have "with the king" and the witch tells her that the king will have many but she will only have three.  In the show the witch doesn't tell her she would be strangled by the "valanqor", that's only in the books.

Here's the thing though.  Even with the prophecy, the show doesn't actually follow it. 

Even though technically Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen were not the king's children, it was pretty clear that's who the witch was referring to, because she also says something about having gold crowns (which I always interpreted to mean golden hair).  But, in the show (not sure about the books) Cersei did have one child that was actually Robert's.  Way back in season 1 when Cersei is still in Winterfell, after Bran has been pushed, Cersei talks to Catelyn and tells her the story about her first child with Robert (black hair) that died of a fever shortly after birth.

So even in the show, Cersei has already had 4 children...if she is indeed pregnant, this will be her 5th child.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

I thought that was a mis carriage.

Not in the show:

• Upvote 2

Just now, section314 said:

The real heir to the throne is Gendry, not Dany, Jon or even Tyrion. As Robert's son, he is next in line. Think the clue that they gave was in this last episode, when Tyrion said to Dany  after she gave him his title  "He will now be loyal to you forever." Her response..."you are not the only clever one." What would she need Gendrty's loyalty for?

I guess that all depends on your point of view.  From Dany's point of view, Gendry has no claim even if he was a true-born son of Robert.

Dany's whole point is that the throne was wrongfully taken from her family, so only a Targaryen would have a true right to the throne.

It is my understanding (a book reader will have to confirm) that when Aegon conquered Westeros hundreds of years before the show, there was no one ruler of the seven kingdoms.  All of the different areas of Westeros were independent and under separate rule.  When Aegon conquered them all, he united them under one throne.  So, in Dany's mind, the Seven Kingdoms together as one relm can only belong to a Targaryen.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

danny needs to go. she sucks as the mother of dragons. lost two already. no one respects her. she is power hungry and is losing it.  shes basically a slighty nicer cersi at this point.  hope the mother of dragons gets killed on mothers day.  also im betting we get mountain vs hound next episode.  now im hoping jamie or one of the starks get the throne

I don't know for sure whether or not Dany will survive through the end of the show, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she dies, possibly this weekend since for most seasons all of the "big" things happen the next to last episode.

I have an educated guess as to why I think this, but won't repeat it here so as to not potentially spoil things that haven't been on the show yet.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Sansa and Arya were cold-blooded with Littlefinger. I could see them making this play.

Arya to Dany:

Hundreds of years ago my ancestors bent to knee to your ancestors and their dragons.

I am not my ancestors.

I am "no one".

And you have no dragons.  (Assuming Drogon goes down at some point too)

-Needle through the eye- 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really hoping they don't go the 'mad queen' Daenerys route.  That has not been foreshadowed enough over the course of the whole series.

I hope you didn't put money on that.

• Upvote 1

It's going to be really interesting to see what the writers have in store for the final episode.

I can't see Jon, Tyrion or Davos standing by Dany after this carnage.  Also, what about Jon's army who is really loyal only to him as King of the North. I guess Jon never gave them the message that if the bells sounded that the city was surrendering and they should stand down.  Did he ever actually give them that order and they just betrayed him - or did Jon fail to inform his captains and lieutenants of that plan so they just figured they'd join in on the murdering and raping of innoccent civilans?

As for what happens next, from the preview it certainly looks like a whole lot more Unsullied and Dothraki survived the battle with the Army of the Dead then we thought.  What happens with them if Jon or Arya or Tyrion kills Dany? They're not going to be loyal to anyone other than her so how do you get around having to deal with them, if you do kill Dany?

Maybe Jon jumps on Drogon and that alone convinces them that he too is their leader?

2 hours ago, cbudiarjo said:

Jon is loyal and honorable to a fault, just like Ned.  His queen is Dany, and if she wants to burn Varys, that's her command.  

Vary's didn't die because he said Jon would be a better ruler to Tyrion.  He died because he was actively plotting to have her removed.

I need to watch it again, but i'm pretty sure that girl Vary's was talking to was trying to poison Dany for him, when she said "but she's not eating her meals"

My take was that he was trying to poison her as well, I thought that was fairly obvious, whether Dany ultimately found out about it or not.

As for Jon standing by as Varys was executed, it would be in line with his character.  Varys was essentially trying to overthrow her.  That's treason and punishable by death so Jon would be fine with the sentence, regardless of Varys' "good intentions".

Allister Thorne had "good intentions" when he led the group that stabbed Jon in the heart.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

This season is so rushed and poorly written because of it. Was the decision on 6 episodes just a financial one? I would have rather waited another year for 10 episodes that did this story justice. 

This whole, the season is "so rushed" thing is really just a myth.  They've ALWAYS rushed through things to get to a bigger plot point.

If you rewatch all of the seasons you can easily point out places where they've "rushed through" things.

For example, in season 1 Catelyn goes from Winterfell to Kings Landing in one episode, then makes her way back to the Inn of the Crossroads in the next episode.  All the while, the tournament of the hand is going on in both episodes.  It's supposed to take two months to go from Winterfell to Kings Landing.  They rushed right through this.

Then, in Season 1 episode 8, about 20 minutes into the episode, Rob Stark learns for the first time that Ned has been taken captive.  Rob is still in Winterfell and sends ravens to call his bannermen and go to war against the Lannisters.  By the end of episode 8 Rob has gatherted his armies and their marching south.  Again....clearly rushed through.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

That’s not what people mean by rushed.

They never truly laid the groundwork for Dany going mad. They’d completely white washed her most seasons and then out of nowhere she’s a paranoid wreck and now the ultimate villain – Yes she suffered trauma but she showed almost no insecurity before with her earlier trauma. They’re paying the price for writing her as they have. It made me question how Varys or Tyrion could even slightly think that she might burn down the whole city – She’d done nothing to suggest she would – She was selflessly trying to save the world from death two episodes ago. 

We know why Catelyn went to KL, we know why Robb called his bannermen, why they came. The time skips aren’t an issue when they’re still bringing you to the next logical step.

2 points: 

First - 

How can you say they haven't been laying this groundwork?  They literally foreshadowed her destruction of Kings Landing way back in season 2 when her visions as a captive in the House of Undying showed a burnt out Red Keep (replete with what we thought was snow falling but now we know it was ash).  Even Bran had visions of a dragon flying over the buildings in Kings Landing back when he was north of the wall.

In addition, Dany has repeatedly wanted to burn cities down when things weren't going her way, only to be talked out of it by her "trusted" advisers, all of whom now have either been slaughtered (Jorah and Missande) or betrayed her (Jon, Varys, and Tyrion). 

How many times over the last two seasons did she need to be told she didn't want to be the Queen of Ashes?  Everything she has gone through, from being sold to the Dorthraki essentially to be raped, up through being betrayed by her advisers and the people she loved, has been leading up to this. 

Short of having a scene of her rocking back and forth in a chair in her chambers while speaking in tongues and scribbling "kill them all" on the walls, I'm not sure what else you wanted?

Second -

Who says Dany actually went mad?

She has known only one thing in her whole life, reclaiming the Iron Throne.  She had a plan in place to take back that throne based upon her belief that she had the only true right to the Seven Kingdoms.  Despite her urges to burn everything down in her path, she listened to her advisers and decided that the path of mercy was the way to, not only win the physical throne, but to win over the affections of the people she was trying to save.  

Now, she's learned that the path of mercy may win her the physical throne - but word is out that Jon Snow is the true and rightful heir and that there is nothing she can do that will cause the people of Westeros to love her more than the righteous, merciful and heroic Jon Snow.

So perhaps she didn't go mad.  Perhaps she made the conscious decision that the ONLY way she can really claim the throne now that Jon's secret is out, is through fear and destruction because the merciful way will only eventually lead to the people wanting Jon on the throne.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Also.,.. The Hound letting Cersei just walk on by? Nope. Would have been nothing for him to lop her head off. That would have been the most vengeful thing he could have done to his brother other than killing him. Why not pour it on? 

I respectfully disagree. 

The Hound has never given two sh*ts about Cersei...his focus has always been on his brother.

In fact, when they're on the stairs and Cersei walks by, he doesn't even look at her.  He is intently staring at his brother.

The Hound could care less about whether Cersei lived or died.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

There are 4 people on the sh*t list after last week.....Tyrion, Jon, Davos, and Sansa, with Sansa on top of the list. Now that Cersei is gone, Dany will deal with her biggest threat, Sansa. She laid it out in the scene with Jon when she basically said that Sansa constructed the plot to remove her by telling Jon's secret. Arya knows Sansa is in danger and will rush back to protect her. There will another fight at Winterfell, Arya will die, but Brienne, who took the oath to defend the Stark girls, will kill Dany, protecting Sansa. And Jon will knock off GreyWorm...you know that fight is coming.

Ooooohhhhh....I like this....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

So he cared a little? 😁

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

I named my dog Aegon.  

He’s the true heir to the Iron Bone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bitonti said:

In my life I've engaged in the following contact activities with some competence:  

Football - Peewee through Div 3 College, offensive line

Wrestling (4 years HS, heavyweight punching bag...) 

Lacrosse - Crease defense 4 years 2x suffolk class C champs 

Rugby - Prop - 1 year in Wales, 2 years College, 2 years club in Philadelphia

Boxing training - two years because why not 

believe it or not, I'm pretty good with mashing. Delivering hits, taking hits, that's my wheelhouse

With aikido, I'm trying to learn how not to get hit 

but that's you're response? there's 157 books there, what's the last thing you read, smart guy, a bazooka joe wrapper? 

Now I'm having flashbacks to that old thread on the Landingstrip.  Oh god...somebody help me out, I'm way too old now and have burned too many brain cells.   The one where the guy posted something about his fists or how much he bench presses or his fighting ability....god...it was a classic....

I thought it was great.  

Once again Game of Thrones surprises you and gives you something you did not expect.....a happy ending. 

Just about every character we cared about got what they wanted and what they were destined to become. 

Jon - a return to the “Night’s Watch”where he always wanted to be. 

Sansa - the queen she always wanted to be. 

Arya - the adventurer free from the confines of being a “lady”

Tyrion - the hand of a worthy ruler

Bron - a cutthroat lord

Tourmond - back into the real north, leading his free folk

Pod - a Knight

Brieanne - A Knight of the Kings Guard 

Sam - the archmaester

Bran - the ruler he was groomed to become since the first 15 minutes of episode 1

Even Jamie, in his death, got the recognition and honor he always wanted and came to deserve. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company