prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

If you've got a spare few hours or more its worth going through some of the Preston Jacobs youtube vids - not the actual episode ones but the "theory" series he puts up from time to time. He's read the GRR Martin's entire oevre and there are consistent plot-lines that come up, so, for example, the "pink letter" we saw in the last episode is interesting in that its probably not actually written by Ramsey Bolton, Jacobs has read all of Martin's work extremely carefully - its very interesting where the series is actually headed in that this showdown of dragons vs "the others" or whatever probably isn't going to happen. Its also interesting to know who the others actually are and why they do what they do. Looking at these I have new-found respect for GRR Martin (he's almost a Tolstoy of fantasy writing) - its a shame in one way he's too preoccupied with the Winds of Winter to add to the 4 episodes he's written so far for the TV series.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Man, that was sad.   His whole life ruined so he could hold a door open and die a horrible death.

If you look at ASOIAF/GOT as being an interpretation of history that pretty much sums up how the lower classes were used by the nobility through the Dark/Middle Ages. Its no mistake Bran is noble by birth.

3 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

hodor. i loved the episode i just hope time travel is not a reacouring thing.

There's a theory that all the Brans through Westerosi history (Bran the Builder who built the wall etc) are the same Bran, son of Ned Stark. Also GRR Martin's background is actually in sci-fi writing; Preston Jacobs mentioned above is a big proponent of the idea that there is no actual magic in this world and that everything is all explainable by science; that, for example, the "long winter" is likely some sort of nuclear holocaust, which sort of fits this recent episode where the Others are shown to be a weapon of mass destruction created by the Children of the Forest, and thus the bringers of the long winter. GRR Martin is overtly anti-war in his writing because of his experience during the Vietnam War as a conscientious objector; he's also an athiest, which will probably impact the ending of the story where the "chosen one" will win this apocalyptic battle probably isn't going to happen, but I guess that's conjecture at this stage.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company