prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Office after Michael Scott. Around end of season 8.

Without Steve Carrell the show was just okay. Then they bring her in and it becomes instantly unwatchable. Not sure how many episodes she lasts. Easily the lowest point and worst character in any show I’ve ever cared about.

Agreed. 

• Haha 1

Does anyone else really wish that Jorah was still alive for this episode? I think they could have brought that character full circle in an amazing way if they had left him alive to see to this. 

Starts as her assassin. Falls in love, devotes nearly the entire series to protecting her, helping her... And comes to see what she does and realize he should have killed her 5 seasons ago. 

Idk. That just really bothered me. For him to survive the series just to be one of the few token "importants" that get killed off in E4. If he could die in this episode, possibly helping people escape the woman he loves, after watching what she did... would have really enjoyed that.

Probably one of the most beautifully shot hour+ of TV or movie I've ever seen in my life. Completely justified the obscene bill for the new TV

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If Jorah were still around, she'd have her home base and wouldn't have burned down the city. Jorah, Missandei and Jon all had to die or turn on her to justify her going mad.

I get that it feels rushed, but that was always to be expected with such little time left. I actually think D&D did a good job of showing her turning mad, I just felt like they could have executed the actual turn better. There was absolutely no reason for her to burn the city after hearing the bells (also, how did the civilians know that ringing the bells meant surrendering? I though only Tyrion, Jamie, Dany, and eventually Jon knew about that signal). The city and the people did nothing to her, and this is the place that she's grown power hungry to rule. That part made no sense. Personally, I would have liked to have seen her go directly for Cercei, burn her alive, take the throne, and then put on a witch hunt for people who believed Jon should be on the throne. I would have liked to have seen the isolation of not having Jorah & Missandei, and the insecurity of Jon's 'betrayal' exposed - as opposed to just rage...That would have been an actual turn to madness.

Fair point. You probably watched the recap after, but they were talking about that final break when she looked at the castle that was taken from her ancestors and it was within her reach. A little weak to me, but I guess I can see it. 

Edit - I get what you say about him possibly grounding her. But him dying the way he did I dont see as a pivotal occurance that would push her to end up your way she did. He died for her, not by Cersi. I could see that having some effect to reinforce what she was supposed to be. She loved him, he died for her. Do right by him, etc.

Honestly, at this point I'm almost hoping that she lives and takes/keeps the throne. That's a story I can get behind! An entire series dedicated to the notion of hope that the world can be a better place. Only to find out after all these years that it doesnt get better. It'll always be sh*t. Just with a different wacked blonde chick sitting on the uncomfortable chair. We dont get enough realistic endings in today's cinema, lol. 

Did the white walkers seriously only exist as a story line this entire show to deplete their troops, which in the end, they didn't even end up needing to take the city? 

Really? Really, really?

Plot twist: Night King is "alive". Takes throne. Ends up being misunderstood, and a pretty good guy. Everyone lives happy, under the dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Almost universally, though much of the commentary has been about Danaerys becoming crazy. Here’s a pretty common take today: 

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/game-of-thrones-review-bells-sepinwall-834528/

Oddly enough, her becoming crazy is one of the few aspects I like. Maybe not exactly how they rushed it, but just the premise. 

This season is so rushed and poorly written because of it. Was the decision on 6 episodes just a financial one? I would have rather waited another year for 10 episodes that did this story justice. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, T0mShane said:

Here’s an amazing thread/discussion about GoT and the process behind it: 

Thanks for sharing. That was a good read. 

Why the rush, though? This show is so incredibly complex. Why just 13 episodes to complete it? Why a 6 episode season? Has anyone read or heard the actual answer to this question anywhere? Is it purely financial? The writers honestly think they couldnt have done better? You end this show with two full length seasons that gives the many complex plot points and character arcs their room, I truly believe they would have a much better product. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company