prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

The last 5 minutes battle scene was insanely great. 

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series.

In a show that has had some effed up stuff in it, that was the far and away the most ghastly thing yet.

Spoiler Alert.

While we were focusing on how many Starks are left, a sudden realization that there are no more Baratheons.

Gendry is out there. 

6 hours ago, jetophile said:

This show totally blows. There's no midget bowling.

Needs that Freddie Mercury midgets with platters of cocaine strapped to their heads thing to liven things up a bit. 

8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, really agree with all of this and you definitely brought up a few good points I hadn't even thought of.  Little Finger has got tiresome and basically has no reason for anyone to trust him at all, but he keeps sticking around with his nonsense, well... just because.

Euron is completely eye-rolling, made only worse by the fact that coming into this season, they had trying so hard to hype up how he'd supposedly be the worst enemy yet, which is further proof that they really don't even get how the story all comes together when left to write it all themselves.  With where this show is at, I didn't understand what they would do with him now when they were just talking about it, and I still don't get the point 3 episodes later.  Oh look, he acts like a jerk and is a bit nuts, whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  Ramsay would have cut his dick off and made him choke on it by now.  It seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt to have some sort of foe for Jaime, while also trying to put more focus onto some side characters that have gained the least interest.

While there's still plenty of time left for this season to pick back up, it just seems so strange to be using up multiple episodes on this kind of crap when there is still plenty left that will need to be finished, with not many episodes to do it in.  If they suddenly are rushing things through at the end of the series to cover everything after this, it's not going to go over well at all.

At a loss how Euron goes from his cousins stealing an entire fleet to  suddenly having hundreds of ships.

And if Bran is at Winterfell, have him send a raven to Jon and tell him all about his birth.  

Somebody kill Littlefinger and be done with it. He offers nothing in the story, a sideshow, nobody would trust him with a coffee order. 

Mellisandre, same thing. Oh, you had a king burn his daughter to death and accomplished nothing but confirming he was a complete dipsheet,  sorry, not interested in your input. 

Still will be watching; remains the best thing on TV. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Forgot about the Hound. Suddenly he can read the future through fire and we havent seen him again.

I did like seeing Bron because he's awesome.  That was cool.  I wonder if he would flip sides, the Lannisters have given him a castle, gold and he's a lord now.  That would be some serious betrayal for this buddy who the last time he saw him he said something along the lines of "yeah, we're friends but when was the last time you risked your life for me?".  

I dont agree the best storylines are over simply because I think the best storylines have been Arya and Bran.  That said, those last 2 seasons were so freaking good and they killed off so many great characters that I that might be playing a part into the focus on lesser characters and the beating of the dead horse that, Cersi is a psycho, Jamie has a conscience Littlefinger cant be trusted, Euron is wild and crazy, etc. 

Davos is great.  His reaction to the Dany intro - "this is....Jon Snow" was classic.  I lol'd.

Bran's story is one of the best and they could do so much with it but yes, his character absolutely introduces all sorts of holes and questions/theories and head scratching thoughts about why isnt he doing more. 

Would seem he could advance the narrative dramatically, and yet they don't seem to want to do that. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I've got a few thoughts:

1. Either there's a spy on Team Khaleesi, Tyrion is intentionally sabotaging them, or Tyrion is getting worked over by Team Cersei, because he's now sent two major elements of his team directly into traps. I don't believe that GoT would decide to make Tyrion a moron at this point, so there's either a spy in his camp, or he's intentionally undermining Khaleesi. 

2. As annoying as Euron is, he's still so one-dimensional that it's likely he exists solely to be killed by another character as a means of proving that character's mettle, or charting his redemption. Which is great, because he won't be around much longer. Euron's the guy in every western who shows up about a quarter of the way in to the movie wearing a black hat, throwing bottles around the saloon and grabbing at the whores--and then gets shot in the spleen by Clint Eastwood. This character type has been used a few times in GoT already--the crazy dude that magically appears in Kraster's Keep after Kraster dies (he says, "**** em till they're dead, boyyyys. **** em tile they're dead") whom Jon ends up stabbing through the back. The other one I can remember was the tracker guy who cut Jaimie Lannister's hand off and eventually gets his neck broken by Hodor (who was being controlled by Bran). 

3. Should be noted that Olenna Tyrell joins a list of people who are supposedly dead whom we never actually see die. She joins The Blackfish, Stannis Baratheon, Sirio Ferrell, and a few other people I can't recall right now.

4. I'm curious to see how they avoid the Gandalf Problem with Bran. In LOTR, Gandalf basically solves every problem by waving his magic staff, and by being nearly omniscient, which led to a lot of derpy resolutions in those otherwise great movies (Oh yeah, I could have just called these supereagles that would have been better). If Bran can see the future and the past, it's going to take some really clever writing to explain why he doesn't, or can't, tell people what to do. I get that the Three Eyed Raven likely represents the Holy Trinity, and God would likely stand back and let the idiot mortals learn their lessons, so I'm interested to see how much theology goes into it, and whether that leaves us saying, "oh, Bran could have just called the SuperEagles in and put this sh*t to bed eight hours ago."

Biggest whole in the entire show; if he has this power, why is it not being utilized vs.the Army of the Dead and Cersei? He knows Jon's parentage which would immediately solve the Khaleesi/Jon conflict. Is he just a curiosity or is he going to be integral to the story? 

• Upvote 1

Grey Worm is going to do a lot of killin'. 

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Those contractors knew who they were workin' for, they knew the risks when they took that job. 

Somehow Berserkers must figure in all this...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Olaf, make Metal face...

Did he say "Makng f...? "

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Was telling someone today... They spent 6 seasons developing archetypes, and then completely colon blow-out shat all over them the past 2 seasons, but this one most gratuitously.

Jon Snow. He is loyal, yes. He knows nothing, yes. However, his most notable character trait is that he's righteous. He has systematically compromised righteousness over and over again for Dany. He didn't do it for Egrid. He didn't do it for the Black. They ruined everything they built in him by making him stand there idle, while Dany became a monster.

Arya. As great as the work they've done with her character has been, even that stupid season of faceless crap, they just completely abandoned everything she's about. I mean, right up until she tell's Gendry "that's not me" she was consistent. Then, last night she basically became a weak, unresourceful, clumsy and soft character. Thanking the Hound? C'mon.

Tyrion. Hasn't been Tyrion since he became the hand of the queen. I get him being wrong once, but the fact that they keep making him this ass of an advisor to her makes no sense at all. He was a master-manipulator for years. Now he's a pud? No. Not acceptable.

Cersei. Crying that she doesn't want to die? WTF. How ******* pathetic. Barking orders and having that goofy hand of hers tell her sh*ts already been destroyed like she isn't ahead of the information? No. No. No. The fact that Cersei had nothing up her sleeve at all? Nothing? No.

Varys. Good writers would have know to have Varys say, "I know." When Tyrion admitted it was him that betrayed him. Varys would have been way ahead of the game here. The fact that Dany inexplicably know all the dirt, and Varys and Tyrion were dults makes no sense at all.

I mean, this was just off-the-top of my head. The great shows are the ones that declare the archetypes of the people involved in the story and stay true to those archetypes. Case in point: Walter White. The entire character, and thus the story and all of its details, are centered around the notion that he is an Enneagram 1.

Would agree with all but this.She is gonna kill a tyrant queen, just not the one you thought. Bit of foreshadow;she escapes the Apocalpyse on a White Horse of Death like something out of Revelation. 

Found  the harkening to 9/11-fire from above, dust, crowds running and crushing each other, building collapses-unnerving. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company