prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Agree.   Varys is at least loyal to someone else.  Little finger is loyal to Little finger. 

But that is what is so great.  Everyone has blood on their hands, it's all perspective.  Really, probably the only "Good Guy" was Ned.  I love it!

I think Davos Seaworth and Jon Snow are both good guys.... sometimes to a fault.

• Upvote 2

On 7/17/2017 at 6:45 AM, T0mShane said:

Soooooo some pretty nice table-setting. Favorite part was Sansa telling Jon that his father and brother were stupid and that's why they got overrun. And in a testament to how awful the world is, I read multiple recaps where people were outright pissed about Ed Sheeran.

Spoiler speculation-- Stannis and Melisandre are about to walk back into Dragonstone

That line was what stood out to me most, aside from the development of the Hound to a self-loathing but good man, despite himself.

I still don't know who Ed Sheeran is and could not care less.

Jaime needs to start figuring out how to fight with his left or have some sort of sword appendage made for his right arm or he's going to be just another guy in Westeros.

And I'm still pissed that Ser Barristan the Bold was killed off for no reason....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I guess I was just asking more about why their important to the story line...I guess we will find out.  I assume they have deeper knowledge of the White Walkers? And based on Sam's interaction with other old wise dude, not everybody believes the white walkers exist? So maybe that's the importance? 

A story of Ice and Fire. 

A story. 

Of ice.

And

Fire.

4 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Best naked character on GOT? I've gotta go Melisandre as 1 and Bianca as 2. I will never forgive B&B or Martin for not letting Margaery take her walk of atonement. They stole that from us. The bastards.

Doreah was hot as ****all. Don't forget her. 

52 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I can't for the life of me comprehend how the books can remotely stack up to the show. There is no way in hell. ******* Homer and Dostoevsky don't hold up to this sh*t, but the printed words of George Martin do? There's no way.

Puzo's books are great but anyone who could ever have the balls to argue that they are just as good as Coppola's work needs to be shot. Sometimes one medium is just better.

That's sad. LOL.

I love both. One is a great show. The other is a brilliant piece of world building literature.  But they are not the same.

I look forward to seeing specific scenes put to film, its pretty cool to see things brought to visual medium. But there are a lot of subtleties and character development that can't be done in a TV or movie format. Whatever. Ill even argue that as an entertainment experience, the LOTR films were much more enjoyable than the books. There are whole passages and chapters of LOTR that are written in Poetry Form, sections of elvish writing, and complete nonsense that dont move the plot  at all (Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadil, hi hi hi, Tom ******* Bombadil, anyone?)

But GOT is an amazing, and entertaining read. 

Hell, want impact? When I read the Red Wedding, I literally got so pissed off I threw the book down and stopped reading for two weeks. I am a prolific reader, but I can't recall another writer making me do that....well, I threw down Atlas Shrugged a bunch of times, but that was due to the pure tedium of so much of that long winded drivel.

And now that the show has overtaken the timelines ofnthe books, I get to look forward to seeing how BOTH progress, evolve, and finish. 

Double awesome. 

Except for Selmy. At least in the books, He Lives!

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Look, I get it. I read a lot too. When Nolan's Foundation series drops I'll probably be critiquing it to death because I hold those books dear to me and I will constantly be making comparisons. Completely understandable. It's human nature.

That said, there is no way anything he wrote compares to the last two episodes of last season, or plenty of others. There's just no way. Game of Thrones is entertainment on such another level of things it's insane. Character development and all, that's great and hard and damned impressive when an author pulls it off. But there is no way in hell anyone is ever going to convince me that anything in those books is as good as, for example, that moment when Cersei brought down the whole thing.

The best way I can put it is this: That scene where Arya bakes Walda's kids into a pie and feeds it to him? Benioff and Martin stole that from Shakespeare. Titus Andronicus, Act III. I knew it the second it happened because Titus is a personal favorite of mine. And you know what? That moment in the show was better than Shakespeare wrote it in the play. And if the show is better than Shakespeare than I can be pretty confident in saying it's better than Martin.

200w (1).gif

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Viewer: "Bro, I can't believe Joffrey died. I was like, whoa."

Reader: "Oh? Because I had to read 11,543 pages of George RR Martin to get to the paragraph where 'Bro, Joffrey died.' I had to read 22 whole pages leading up to 'Bro Joffrey died' where George ******* Martin goes into detail about the food that was served at the banquet where 'Bro Joffrey Died'. I had to make a flowchart. I had to draw pictures of each character and tape them to my wall, then string red yarn between these pictures to try and sort out who may have made BroJoffreyDied. And you know what? HBO ****ed up the scene anyway. Did you see any mutton on the table? Any pomegranates? Did you know that it wasn't red wine that Joffrey poured over Tyrion's head? It was supposed to be a full-flavored mead delivered to the ceremony by the great grand-uncle of the Tyrell bannermen from Nesterosi. But you didn't know that, did you? No. Because you didn't read the books. I read the books. I read the books many times. But, please, tell me all about how Bro Joffrey Died." 

That is awesome. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Best news to come from the episode: elimination of those awful actresses playing the Sand sisters, and the promise of getting rid of Grey Worm, who sucks, but who just fell into the fur trap.

I love that as soon as they got away from da books, they made the smart move of completely and utterly destroying the pointless, boring, stupid plotline and characters of Dorne. Buh bye. I can't stand a one of them. 

And once again, the Greyjoys are freaking useless....

On 7/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, Lizard King said:

What episode was this?

The Door.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone notice when Jamie is introduced to the other Tarly son he calls him "Rickon," but is corrected? 

You mean Dickon? LOL

Varys has always stated from the very beginning that he wants whats best "for the realm". Not The Tagaryen Dynasty. Not Danarys. The Realm.

Cersei is bad for the realm. The Army of the Dead is very bad for the realm. Maybe 8,000 unsullied without true free will beyond their devotion and unquestioning obedience to their queen is bad for the realm in Varys' eyes.

Maybe a Dothraki horde riding roughshod over the populace of Westeros raping and pillaging where farming and harvesting needs to occur for a long winter is bad for the realm?

Maybe Varys realizes that before the various armies of Westeros will willingly come together to defend The Realm, they ALL need to get knocked down a peg.

And I think the Red Woman knows Varys is playing a dangerous game, that what hes doing is necessary to save Westeros, but will wind up with him getting execited...thus that oblique statement about them "having to die on this strange continent".

But thats all hypothesis.

Euron sucks and is boring.

Olenna was awesome.  

And where is Clegane?

• Upvote 1

I didnt buy the scene. Sorry. I saw Arya learn to poison people, I've seen her stab people, and I know she learned tricks from the Faceless Men, but aside from a few lessons from Syrio Forell, we never saw her learning or practicing sword play like that....ever. Reminded me or Rey picking up a saber and dominating someone that has been trained. 

I get it. Girl Power!! and stuff. But Brienne has been training all of her life, defeated Loras, defeated the hound, but now, out of nowhere, Arya is a superhero swordfighter on a level with (or better than) Brienne, and maybe Jaime in his prime?

Kinda lame. Let her be an assassin, thats what she learned to be.

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Well..thats one point of view but I look at it as entertainment and as thus try not to critique too much.  if I were to, id SMH about cutting off the "lepper disease". Really?  A fat kid with no medical training?   I just sit back and enjoy it.   So I didnt even bat an eye that the writes want us to believe she had a kung fu like transformation.

Samwell reading a book and following instructions fits into his characters journey and skillset 

Im starting to doubt that Arya is actually Arya Stark....

f22c50f29387e1461274eb73ae3a329e97e3aa09ac8dffee9218e017cd6c8b99.jpg

So.....Rhaegar married Lyanna. Making Jon Targaeren the Crown Princes legitimate son and heir.

Meaning in actually he has the most200w.gif valid claim to the Iron Throne. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Who did Rhaegar need an annulment from to marry Lyanna? 

Oberyn Martells sister. 

The one Gregor raped, murdered, and killed her children.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They have sewn the seeds of a ton of sh*t this season and you hillbillies have done nothing but complain. 

2d991dbc012d43ab7a966ce543e471a9.jpg

• Like 1

Great payoff with Arya, good to see Sansa playing the game at the big league level. Solid stuff. 

We all knew who Jon was, but to find out he is Aegon Targaryen VI.......WHAAAAAT!? LoL.

We knew Cersei was lying and the NK was waiting for those Wyrms.....

And we knew Aegon IV was going to **** his aunt. 

But did Jaime defect? Good stuff. Loved the ep.

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Thinking about it further, that incest-themed voiceover was even worse than the first impression.  It was widely considered pretty idiotic for Bran to be keeping this a secret this whole time, but then suddenly decide to have a chat with Sam about it out of nowhere?  That exchange made no sense other than a desperate attempt to ramp up the creep factor of that scene.  Because, you know, as Jon has spent the vast majority of recent time with a person he's related to, there's no reason to mention it, might as well just chill out and ignore it until his fat buddy shows up for a little chat.  That was sloppy writing, with the only goal of doing what they wanted to do, regardless of the complete lack of logic.

Maybe the White Walkers should win, because so far all of the incestuous creeps of Westeros have a history of being the worst possible option.  Either that or, best case scenario, have every leader killed off until we're left with Queen Mormont.

You should watch harder. Just saying. And yeah, I read the books too. I also read Atlas Shrugged, The Odyssey,  The Iliad, the complete works of Bernard Cornwell, Patrick O'Brian, Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, Lee Child, Steven King, Tolkien, most of Shakespeare, DeMille, and The Sharaas....and i watched all of Battlestar Galactica, Fringe, Band Of Brothers..... And have read most of the Dune series, know why the Sleeper has Awakened, I have seen Quaid start the reactor, know why Leon cant flip the turtle, and why Johnny Rico speaks Tagalog. sh*t... I even know that Spock loves Cats, Biggs was a trendsetter, and Wedge is God....

But I digress.

What was I saying?

Oh. Yeah. Stop being a dork.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I genuinely think Tyrion may turn on Dany/Jon. He's too big a character not to have a bigger role in the end game than being a very poor advisor to Dany.  Him mentioning the obvious plot device of Cersei's pregnancy and Tyrion questioning Dany's succession plans could be his motivation. He may never support Cersei on the throne but I could see him supporting Jaime's son - A trueborn (albeit incestous one) Lannister to rule the 7 kingdoms. They played up his sub-conscious support for his family all season, especially during the field of fire episode. Tyrion is Tywin's son after all. It would be something I'd love to see but I think I'm giving D&D too much credit and the look was probably nothing, maybe Jorah's actor was busy.

The Hound was talking about the BOWL that was promised. Cleganebowl ******* confirmed for season 8. 

Jaime is most intriguing character in the show right now. Love that they finally cut him loose from Cersei, the symbolism of him in black, covering up the gold hand to go North to save the world. Awesome. Will be very interesting how the Starks receive him, Bran especially. 

They should have enough to wrap it up - They've absolutely blitzed through Season 7 which I didn't like at times but can see why it's necessary. There's still some horrendous writing at times but they payoff generally allows for it. Every episode will be like a movie from now on. 

What bothered me is Jon's name being Aegon. No mention that his brother was also called Aegon? 

Half brother. And if Rhaegar married Lyanna and was planning on having his child with her be his heir, then it makes sense he would name him after the most famous and powerful Targaryen. Or Egg. LOL.

• Like 1

Sam reacting to the execution of his family was excellent.

Bran waiting for Jaime was good. 

Tormund is always awesome, I could watch an entire season of Beric, Tormund, etc. adventuring. 

Jon just jumping on like nothing and going for a "Pearl Harbor"-esque love flight was the gayest way to get him on a Dragon. Should have been an epic.moment, and Rhaegal should have chosen HIM. Whatever. Its still GOT...

23 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like how they all decided to stop fighting and be superfriends at winterfell and spend half the episode playing grabass while the world is literally ending. Because that makes for a real good ******* show.

"We don't have time for this....."

-Three eyed raven

57 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I think Jaime kills Cersei, so he had to live that long.

I think dany dies. 

We can only hope.

I want Jamie to go from Season 1, ep. 1 main villain to being the finalies hero. I want helpless little Dany from season 1 to become the Villain.

We already know that the Starks NEVER get a happy ending (unlike House Kraft.....hey-oooh!). 

• Haha 1

Can we ******* pause, for just a second, and stop this arguing to just have a moment of silence for Ser Jorah Mormont, Jorah the Andal, a Westerosi Knight and man of Honor who fought bravely and gave his life protecting his Queen!

Haven't been bummed out about a character death since Barristan Selmy. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

Welcome to the Fog of War. First time? 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Fog of crappy storytelling

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

😁

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

WHAT DO WE SAY TO THE GOD OF BLOGS

Not today, edgelord!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

We know from a glimpse of the previews that Drogon and Rhagal both survived the battle last night.  No matter how many ships and troops the Lannister army and its allies have, I don't think they have a chance against two dragons without the ballista they used a few seasons ago (and I think they were all destroyed).  The show will manufacture some way that it's more of a fair fight just to be dramatic but let's be real for a moment....dragons > everything else.

Strategically, the plan should be to pin Cersei's army in Kings Landing, destroy her outlying forces piecemeal, and send Arya in to kill her.

1. Burn the Iron Fleet, cutting off retreat

2. Send Jamie to the Lannister Troops. They'll rally to him, they gives no ****s about the Queen.

3. Incinerate food sources near the besieged city.

I also think were going to be seeing 'ol Daario show up with something to do with the Golden Company.....

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I know plenty of actual strong women that don’t seem to have an issue with these characters. I’m sure they’d love you to mansplain why these strong women are not really strong women though.

Are they powerlifters? They're cool!

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company