prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

We should be able to discuss the episodes as they show them on HBO with spoilers in them. This sucks.

I'm going to start a Game of Thrones thread, BUT NO DISCUSSING WHAT HAPPENED ON THE SHOW.

• Upvote 2

They did a great job that episode of making Stannis likable.  He is who he is.  Stone cold, unflexible, stick up his a$$.  And, for the love of the 7 gods, don't F with his KID!!

And... pretty much confirmed... John Snow is NOT Ned's kid.

This is a thread about the show. Not everyone has read the books. Myself included. Thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

Jon is the son of HODOR. It is known.

Ditto for you. Seriously, not cool.

• Upvote 1

Man with the book people. The first rule of if you've read GoT is never shut up about what happens in the books to people who haven't read the books.

• Upvote 1

If it makes you feel better the show is already spoiling the books and will finish beforehand.

I've only read them recently and nothing has been spoiled. Jon's parentage is a still a mystery. Nothing has been revealed or ruled out. 

It doesn't. It was a dick move what you just did. Not surprised, but still a dick move. Pretty obvious this thread was about the show.

What the **** is your problem? What do you mean you're "not surprised"? Who are you to randomly give me sh*t over nothing and tell me what I can or can't say? **** off.

This show wouldn't exist without the ******* books. There are practically no spoilers left and nothing has been spoiled here. Saying Jon Snow is Hodor's son is akin to saying Hot Pie is Ned's daughter.

Stop being such a bitch.

I didn't know that. It would have been a big surprise had it happened in the show. Now if it happens, it's not a surprise. That's kind of exactly what a spoiler is. And you did it because the book people need to brag about how they read a series of books that require an 8th grade reading level. Congrats.

I used to date this chick who would make me watch GoT with a bunch of book people. One dude "warned" me right before the Red Wedding scene. He just kinda looks across the room at me and says, "OMG bro, you're going to freak out in about ten minutes." They ruined/spoiled two other huge plot points that will supposedly be playing out later on, too. Legit dumped the chick solely based on those incidents.

It's just wrong. Legitimately **** wrong.

I have a colleague that going on about 6 semesters now, gets his students to keep their cell phones in their pockets by threatening to tell them all what happens in the books if they're texting during class. Works like a charm. Which is kind of impressive because it's always 1/2 to 2/3 of every class watches the show. That's how big it is.

Also big enough to make it lucrative for HBO to offer off cable subscriptions. Which is way more the game changer than a lot of realized.

I did not say anything that was in the books. I said the biggest rumor about GoT. It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places. I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore. I do not know from the books who is Jon's father. I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show. What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

So piss off with your "book people" comments.

You're a book person. You're making guesses based on prior knowledge. It's a dick thing to do.

Anyways, since it's that hard to keep your suckholes closed, Focker out, bitches.

I am digging this season a lot. I felt season 5 dragged so much and was quite boring, they've really come back with a vengeance. A looooooooot of major sh*t going down over the past 3 episodes.

Happy to see Jon moving on. Him leaving threw me for a bit of a loop, as I had already had my heart set on Ramsey and Sansa arriving at the wall at the same time to find Jon.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:44 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

The scene between Tyrion, Rhaegal, and Viserion was top 5 all time GoT good. 

Anytime Dinklage is in a scene, it somehow automatically becomes my favorite scene of the episode. It's no wonder some of my other favorite scenes of the series are also centered around him: the literal game of thrones in season 3 episode 3; the court scene; the scene with joffery at the battle of blackwater...

I'm the help. Please don't eat the help.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I drink, and I know things. It's what I do. I love that man 

Him and Varys taking their talents to Mereen is the bomb. I hope they don't split them up ever again. They are too good a pair.

• Upvote 1

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Pretty amazing, isn't it the first time they have been on screen together since season 1? Long time coming. 

I don't think they actually even had a scene together save for Robert's arrival in episode 1. Jon leaves for the wall in episode 2 if I remember correctly. 

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Was it that early?   It was early in 1.  1st episode really had a lot.  Ned kills the runaway from the Night's Watch, Robert arrives, they find the dire wolves, you see the Lannister's "together", and Jaime tries to kill a kid.

Oh, and there's a dwarf in a brothel.

Yup. Ned's brother tries to talk him out of it in 1 and then Jon's off in the next episode with Tyrion. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I watched in on HBOGo, and they have like 5 minutes after the next episode's previews where they get the writers to comment on the three most important scenes (according to them) of each episode. On that, the writers said that it was the first time they had ever been on screen together.

If I recall correctly, even during Robert's arrival, Jon was probably not lined up with the rest of them, cuz you know...bastard status and such. 

It's interesting, every now and then the show reminds you that everything stems from the events in that first episode, literally everything. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Man, my fiance and I both love the show, and even then we're both so excited to rewatch every single episode together from the start. 

Both of us binged (separately) to get on track before the start of season 5, so we both are extremely hazy on the first 4 seasons...watching it was like a blur. 

We did the same up through the first three seasons a few years back. Stopped right before the red wedding episode because it was late and she got tired, after she went to bed I couldn't help myself and watched, when I climbed into bed an hour later I couldn't sleep from being so hyped up. She still won't let me forget that one.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Wow. 

Wasn't really trying to argue, the episodes kind of run together.  I know what happens, but not in which episode.   Man a lot happened in the first 60 minutes of that show.

Loved Khaleesi's little speech to the Khals.   Calling them small after what her husband tried to do, and what they are doing.  Then she grabs the burning metal, and I was like "ohhhhh boy"   and the Khals were like "Ohhhhh Boy"

Oh no I get it. I usually rewatch older ones on rainy days, that's the only reason I remember. It's honestly worth it. Totally different perspective watching them in hindsight. Especially all the stuff Ned tries to pass down.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I love Ned.   I was re watching when he fought Jaime, and Jaime is supposed to be the best sword fighter going.  And there's Ned, holding his own, and you can see Jaime is a bit surprised when they lock up swords.

So many little things.  If Mama Stark doesn't take Tyrion prisoner, her family is still alive.  If Rob marries who he was supposed to, and doesn't cut of Karstock's head, his family is probably alive and in control of the North.  If Joffrey just lets Ned go to the wall, a whole war is averted.  

And.. behind it all, Littlefinger.  I love that guy.   Chaos is a ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

Been saying it for a long time. People have loathed Joffrey and Ramsay and Tywin...etc. But Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in Westeros by a mile.

• Upvote 1

Been having some older episodes going on in the background during some work and there are two nice little connections that I forgot about:

- Arya's original sword instructor was from Bravos. I think so much time passed that I forgot about that.

- Theon brought Ramsay on himself. When Theon sacked Winterfell, Rob wanted to go back and recapture it, but Roose Bolton convinced him to let his bastard son go and do it for him. Didn't catch that the first time.

I dunno, it's nuts how one little thing here and there winds up reverberating throughout episodes now.

Just caught this week's. Man, it's getting a little dusty up in here. Somebody hold the door for me.

• Upvote 1

Man, that was sad.   His whole life ruined so he could hold a door open and die a horrible death.

Fare thee well, Hodor. While you may have been a mere pawn in the misfortune of Starkian adventures, you will always be a hero in our hearts.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Also, I realized why I enjoyed "The Door" so much more than any of the other amazing episodes this season (to be fair, this has been a topnotch season so far): No wasted minutes this week on the absurdly boring and stupid Westeros storyline. 

This was my problem with season 5. I'm sure it will all come together in the end, but S5 was nothing but setup episodes, week after week. It got old and boring and if they had continued that way I was honestly considering quitting on the show until Hardhome hit.

This season though, just wow. I think it's the best the show has ever been. Every scene, every week has something emotional or action packed. The past several episodes have been an incredibly written narrative arc, moving things forward with so much entertainment in every episode. It's really as good as television can get. 

• Upvote 2

In the scene earlier this season where Davos convinced Melisandre to bring Jon back from the dead, she told him a story about how she had only heard about it being done by another man years ago. I just realized that was in Season 3, Arya was actually there for that, she watched that happen.

Rewatching these older episodes is fun. I forgot just how much has happened since the first episode. You don't realize how many little things along the way have such broad repercussions until going back through them with hindsight. RR Martin is a cold, cold dude.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to give a big **** you to RR Martin and Co for showing a preview like that A FULL WEEK OUT. I have never been so excited for an episode of TV ever ever ever. I'm doing battle cries all up and down my block right now. As I type this I wanna stab a Bolton in the jugular and then high five my wildling friends. I wanna ride on the back of a giant and do a high flying somersault over the Winterfell walls, reclaiming my rightful home. AND I HAVE TO WAIT 7 ******* DAYS TO DO ANY OF THAT.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Question, which was a better kill by the Mountain?

Crushing a mans head with his bare hands....

Or actually ripping a man's head off and throwing it?

That's a solid question for debate. I gotta go with yesterday. Watching Oberyn go was soul crushing. By the time that episode hit he had become my favorite GoT character ever. On the other hand, watching him cause Lancel to sh*t his pants in fear was delightful. Plus the way he pried that dude's head off his neck was just awesome.

• Upvote 1

Do you know how huge this episode is? Let me put it this way; Sunday night's Game 7 is the biggest NBA game of this millennia by a country mile, and one of the biggest games ever in the history of the league. There is about 8 billion tons of legacies and histories and sh*t on the line and nobody has any idea what's going to happen. I haven't been this psyched for a basketball game in decades.

AND I'M GOING TO MISS THE FIRST HOUR OF THAT. And mostly any NBA fan that watches GoT too will be doing the same. With no qualms and no regrets whatsoever about the decision. Curry could reign down 40 three's in the first half and I won't regret missing it. Lebron could block 10 shots and dunk from the half-court line and I wouldn't regret missing it. Nope. Sorry. Jon v Ramsay is too important. This is 6 seasons worth of television that has built up to this one moment and it basically means the show.

• Upvote 3

That was the single greatest hour of television in history. And if you disagree, well, you're just wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Davos finding that pyre, with the sun rising, was probably the most beautiful moment of the greatest single episode in television history. Jesus dude, that was unreal. 

When he found that thing, I was like "isn't that a bit of a reach?" But then I remembered that 20 minutes earlier I was cheering on a fire-proof blonde woman riding on the back of a dragon.

• Upvote 2

I know you hate those of us who read the books, but in the books the Mother of Dragons has no problems with that either.

Come on man, no hints about what might be coming. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company