prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

The dude playing Ramsay Bolton is killing it.  Just an amazing performance.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If GRRM really had that Hodor thing mapped out this whole time, the mind**** reveals in the last season will be legendary.

Remind me... ??

2 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Anyone else feeling disappointed from this episode?

Arya's behavior in the previous episode just doesn't make a whole lost of sense, seeing that it was her the whole time. I feel like the whole Faceless Man storyline was essentially wasted and went nowhere.

I really wish the Mountain would have killed all of those Faith Militant. Cersei is pretty much hosed now for sure. If her and Loras are going to stand trial, I think they are both screwed...unless Margaery pulls some strings to have Loras freed somehow. Looks like Cersei's only recourse is wildfire.

Why did they go through all this trouble to bring the Blackfish back only for them to say, "Oh that guy? He was killed in battle." What the ****.

I really wanted to see the Hound butcher more people. 

I don't think the Blackfish is dead.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What absolutely pure excellence that was. My God. 

You actually like something?  This is big news.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cersei getting dressed in her Queen garb even before the wildfire ignited was ****img awesome. Reminded me in some ways of the prison murders scene from Breaking Bad where Cranston is feeding the baby.

Even greater throwback would be to the baptism scene in Godfather.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

Not exactly.  Rhaegar Targaryen was married to Ellia Martell, not Lyanna Stark.  So unless they had some secret wedding Jon Snow is still a bastard.  But Rhaegar's bastard and not Ned's.

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, if Jon Snow is the son of a Leanna and Raygar, then he's not just the rightful heir to Winterfell as a true Stark, but also the 7 Kingdoms as a true descendant of a Targaryen. Kind of inconvenient for Danneryasssssssss. 

Yeah, I actually don't think he's the rightful heir to anything, still.  So, it will be interesting.  But, I also don't think the story ends with a king, or queen at the throne.  I think Cersei is the last true ruler... Kind of like Trump.

• Upvote 3

I'm surprised people loved this episode so much.  There were definitely good moments, but:

The NK throws a spear a mile and kills a dragon, but doesn't throw any spears to kill 7 dudes on a rock?  The army of the dead can dig up a dragon but can't go under water to the aforementioned rock?  7 guys can kill literally thousands of these things, but Bran's wolf is previously killed by a mere 10?

I realize that in a show about Dragons you have to suspend your disbelief, but it becomes harder and harder as they go.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And what's up with Clark Kent's glasses? What, you're telling me that he gets rid of that hair swoop and puts on some glasses and NOBODY can tell it's him?

And then the Death Star exploding in a ring, that's not even how stuff would explode in space.

Clownfish can't speak.

How do you know Clownfish can't speak?  Have you ever bothered to listen?

The point is that the reality of Westeros continues to get more and more difficult to believe.  We can all suspend our disbelief, but once the reality of the world is set, pushing those limits becomes annoying.  I have the same problem with Walking Dead.  

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think it has been pretty clear since his introduction that he has a fascination with Jon. Probably due to some sort of relation. Makes complete sense that he'd just sit there and observe him.

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-bran-the-night-king-on-game-of-thrones-this-season-7-theory-could-change-the-entire-series-69984

• Like 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Read that sentence aloud to yourself.

I have no problem with it.  The show sets the expectations at the onset.  We accept them as the reality of the world the author (and/or writers) create.  But, then you mess with that, and it's much more difficult to swallow.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, chirorob said:

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

I think it's shorter because right now, you're paying 2.5M per episode for Jon, Jamie, Cersei, Tyrion, and Daenerys.  10 episodes would be 25M before you build CGI dragons, create enormous battle scenes, pay the dozens of other actors, crew, etc.  When the show started, the main 5 didn't command that kind of salary.

On 8/28/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Maybe the White Walkers should win, because so far all of the incestuous creeps of Westeros have a history of being the worst possible option.  Either that or, best case scenario, have every leader killed off until we're left with Queen Mormont.

This is literally how I feel about Josh McCown.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

To be clear, in this scenario is McCown undead, keeping it in the family, or a (bad ass) little girl?

McCown is clearly the night king.

Darnold is Lady Mormont.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not trying to be that guy but I do have a good friend who works for HBO and apparently, they have an open pocket book.  Whatever GoT wants, they get.  It apparently pisses the other shows off because their budgets are impacted.  I'm sure it still plays a factor but based on that info, I'm not sure how much.  They said this season took just as much time to shoot as a regular season.  I think that is huge factor as well.  And possibly where they're at in the storyline?

They definitely get what they want, but there's a limit to that as well when we're talking 10's of millions of dollars.  Over two seasons, 15 episodes vs. 20 is the difference of 12.5 million dollars on 5 people before you spend another dime.  And there are a lot more dimes to be spent per episode.  Wikipedia estimates that Season 6 was 10 million an episode.  I'm imagining, because of the scope, season 7 was even more.  When you're talking about 50M different, I think the money matters.

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Isn't that Jon's deal, though? That he's supposed to be dumb? 

They didn’t say you know everything, Jon Snow.  Right!?!?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I’m wondering too. It is a huge step down to go back to Cersei vs The Allies. It just doesn’t carry the same threat or significance, a point the show has gone lengths to drive home.

They introduced time travel with Hold The Door. Seems a huge thing to introduce just to explain a character’s name. Was expecting them to go back to that at some point.

My issue with Cersei vs. Allies now is that there’s a bit of the Indiana Jones thing going on - where you realize he’s completely irrelevant to the plot of the movie.  What did the NK actually do for this story besides weaken Daneryas enough to make it a fairer fight vs. Cersei?  Hoping as Shane states, there’s more too it than just ending here.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

5378599D-A9EE-4E75-9467-24554A33B3EA.thumb.jpeg.c127f747d84d048196bd48a347816637.jpeg

What?

I didn’t think these two things, location wise, were particularly close.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It's great and I'm thankful we're here but it begs the question to be asked; why were the Dragons such a central theme in this show for so long, to have such little significance?  Like, when you really think about, what purpose did they serve?  The biggest benefit they provided for the entire series was the dead one taking out the wall.  You had the scene where they returned to Dany and saved her in that crazy scene where all the masked people started killing everyone in the Gladiator pit and the scene she goes north to save the crew trying to capture a zombie but that was about it.  Otherwise, they helped take out the Lannister reserves/gold in that one battle and that they really didnt even need to win.  Kind of weird to me to have them be so "powerful" yet, basically wield no power at all and very easily taken out (******* Euron took one out for christ sake).   Unless Drogon just goes balls to the wall and torches the entire city of Kings Landing, I'll be honest, I dont get the Dragons place in this show.  They've been largely meaningless

Now that we've got to this point, I'm actually less intrigued by who ends up on the Iron Throne that I am to find out who kills who.  LIke it's got to be a bloodbath and it's got to be characters killing characters to finish thing out.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

It was lazy writing to whittle down the forces of the North. 

What JiF and you are saying about the Dragons is exactly my feeling about the White Walkers.  Unless they come back in some meaningful way in the next two episodes, what was the point of that entire story line?  Just to make a fairer fight in the endgame?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is so problematic. I mean, they have a resource that sees the past and the future and they treat him like a lawn ornament. Even Tyrion, whose whole deal is "knowing things," was like, sup Bran, how's things, totes jelly of you, okthxbye.

I don’t think there’s a successful way to work a character like this in to anything.  The character is problematic.  Truthfully, you need him, Arya, and no one else.  Anyone who knows the future would generally be unstoppable.

D5UeNueWsAEcbIB?format=jpg&name=small

Old now, but this made me laugh.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I just don't think there's a way to do all of this well in this short amount of time.  Too much to resolve.  Love story Jamie Cersei ending was crap.  Arya turning back didn't bother me quite as much, but agreed kind of weak.

Obviously, overall a disappointment.  But this episode specifically was fine by me, considering where we were at the start.  It gives a lot of credence to that thread Tom posted... Clearly this is where we were headed, and the prior episodes were jamming in everything that needed to happen to get there.  Sad thing is that with as little as 2-3 more episodes, I feel like it could have been done well.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Think of all the extra gif-ready scenes they could have packed in!!!

More episodes wasn’t gonna fix uninspired writing. The issue, along the lines of that pantsers vs plotters bit, is that it began as creative writing and ended as a honey-do list of chores.

But I do think the to-do list was, at least somewhat, a byproduct of time.  There’s undoubtedly a way to have it all play out more naturally.  Obviously having the source material helped meaningfully, but it’s not like a better show was impossible without it.  And frankly, we can’t be certain Martin had/has any other great twists up his sleeve.  Bran kind of said it to Jon, everything happened along the way just as it was supposed to.  It is what it is.  Like I said, disappointed with the season as a whole, fine with the conclusion based on where we were at 8:59 last night.

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company