prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

23 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

I've read the books and still completely agree with it being much better off that the show has strayed.  With a combination of A Feast for Crows mostly being a useless pile of crap, and the show writers wanting to (justifiably) ignore a bunch of that stuff, yet still desperately trying to cling onto "hey, it's like the books, we promise!" was definitely what led to a mediocre last season with some things just being painfully forced.  The show seems to be much better off having some general guidelines about the big story, and then being able to take it from there themselves.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also the one thing we need to be talking about is why the **** didn't Rickon zig-zag? Wasn't that obvious enough even for such a stupid little sh*t like him? Who the hell runs straight when they're getting shot at by arrows?

Yeah, I kept thinking, considering that it was just one friggin' arrow coming at a time, it really should not be at all difficult to dodge with the slightest bit of effort.  Kind of a different situation then when there's a whole sh*tload of them going into a massive group.

But hell, it was only friggin' Rickon anyway.  Pretty sure his entire existence was solely for the purpose of that death.  Well maybe that and attempting to make Bran seem like less of a puss by comparison.

While the show is great, slowly but surely it's becoming real easy to be ambivalent about who makes it when all is said and done.  I feel like it's pretty much impossible for any death or douchebaggery to even be the slightest bit surprising anymore.  Theon's deal gained nothing more from me but an eyeroll and "yeah, that's something different".  For a huge hit of a show that has committed to so few remaining episodes, there sure has been a lot of wasted time so far this season, on characters that are the least interesting.

At this point I'm ready to be rooting for the end result of Queen Mormont, the rest of them can all burn (or freeze).

We're pretty much 0 for 3 on this season.  With the exception about 5-10 minutes this week, the vast majority of what has been shown isn't even noteworthy.  Kind of sad that for so few episodes left in the series, there is so much time filled with side characters no one ever cared about.  It's starting to look like the show's writers are drowning without the story being already written for them.  With what's clearly destined for no happy ending, if that is to have any real impact, it's not a particularly good idea to leave you indifferent to nearly everyone who's left.

I think there's no greater clue of these writers not understanding the story than the nonsense spewed from Daenerys throughout the episode.  The only thing repeated far too many times had nothing to do with her part in the prior 6 seasons, but rather what she was supposedly "due" to be handed, because of some psycho dad hated by everyone, 5 kings ago.  That's about as valid as committing to the greatness of the Jets' sh*tstorm of QBs.  Short of this being the beginning of the mad queen, these people have no idea what they're doing with that.

Now don't get me wrong, it's far from the worst on TV and I'll continue to watch, but this has been a disappointment across the board, and all of what we've seen could have been easily crammed into about the first 15 minutes of the season premiere with nothing being lost.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The whole season has just been a sh*t show of confusion and lack of direction.  Meaningless scenes, meaningless conversations, things not adding up - I'm not sure if it's just run it's course and they're experiencing the fatigue a lot of show experience when they run this long or if it's like you mentioned, the lack of clarity to how the story ends making it hard to build toward an actual ending.   Like you said, it hasnt turned to pure sh*t.  I'm still intrigued but this season is just leaving a lot to be desired.  

At this point, not having a single scene with Arya the entire episode is just doing a disservice to your viewers.  She's by far the best character on the show and she's currently cruising around the North solo but they felt no need to update us on her journey?  Bizarre.

Bran the next most intriguing character has apparently become a numb emotionless a$$hole and we dont know why.  Zero context to that other than he's now the 3-Eyed Raven. But that's what you give your viewers for the home coming of the true to heir to the throne of Winterfell and King of the North?  WTF? A few sentences and of all things to let Sansa know he has the vision, he describes the night she was rapped on her 2nd wedding day?  Sure, Sansa will get the point but when did he become this cold blooded heartless a$$hole and that's how you say hello to your sister who has basically gone through hell and back, which you should know since you have the vision.  And then what about John?  If he has the ability to see the future, shouldnt he know John is the King of the North?  Maybe he should have had some urgency around letting John know he's the most powerful person is all of Westeros instead of going on a journey to visit a family who has a passion for killing Starks?  Or maybe letting him know the truth about his father?  

The most anticipated meeting probably in the entire show was the definition of anti-climatic.  We get a boring dick measuring contest, we get Snow refusing to bend the knee and then we get - it's all good, go get you some dragonglass, Snow.  Really?  That's it?  You just learned you're armada was decimated by a bumbling idiot who is an awful character in Euron and you dont try to form an alliance?  Just, go get some dragonglass?  Nothing more?   I already hated Dany because she cant act and has the stupid annoying look on her face all the time but they clearly have no clue what to do with her story Arch.  This back and forth between morality and having what she thinks she deserves is getting very old.  

And what was the purpose of the Vary's and the Red Bitch's conversation?  And how many times do I have to hear Little Finger say the same thing, just a different way?

The only thing remotely entertaining was watching the Lannister army outsmarting Tyrion while he narrated the scene.  And the Olenna death scene because she was the sh*t. Though, I felt they went a little soft there for GoT but I did enjoy that scene because she was just such a great character.

Euron is terrible.  Boy did they **** that up. 

Yeah, really agree with all of this and you definitely brought up a few good points I hadn't even thought of.  Little Finger has got tiresome and basically has no reason for anyone to trust him at all, but he keeps sticking around with his nonsense, well... just because.

Euron is completely eye-rolling, made only worse by the fact that coming into this season, they had trying so hard to hype up how he'd supposedly be the worst enemy yet, which is further proof that they really don't even get how the story all comes together when left to write it all themselves.  With where this show is at, I didn't understand what they would do with him now when they were just talking about it, and I still don't get the point 3 episodes later.  Oh look, he acts like a jerk and is a bit nuts, whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  Ramsay would have cut his dick off and made him choke on it by now.  It seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt to have some sort of foe for Jaime, while also trying to put more focus onto some side characters that have gained the least interest.

While there's still plenty of time left for this season to pick back up, it just seems so strange to be using up multiple episodes on this kind of crap when there is still plenty left that will need to be finished, with not many episodes to do it in.  If they suddenly are rushing things through at the end of the series to cover everything after this, it's not going to go over well at all.

Ah, sooo much better.  This was already easily my favorite episode of the season before that battle had even begun.  Hopefully that's the very end of any pussyfooting around, as there's really no more excuses for it with only 9 episodes left to go.

• Upvote 2

While everyone of course has already mentioned it numerous times, Arya/Brienne's scene was friggin' awesome, and I can freely admit I was already completely pumped in anticipation for that the moment Arya strolled out and was watching Podrick get whooped.  You knew it was coming and would be bad ass, and it most certainly did not disappoint.

Right there I had already knew it was easily the best episode of the season.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm echoing everyone in here, but that was awesome even before the fight scene.

The stark reunion was the the sh*t.  All the interactions were priceless.  The initial awkwardness they shared as kids, to the raw emotion over their fathers death.  The laugh, but I'm not kidding moment, just absolutely brilliant.  Seeing Sansa watch her toy with Brienne was epic.  Partially because I love everything Arya related but also because she was literally looking down on the baddest assassin in the planet and I think she was coming to that realization.  And then her response when Brienne asks her who trained her, "no one".  OMG.  I pee'd a little.

I thought we were going to get a cousin kiss scene.  That was well done.  It just pissed me off after Jon dropped serious knowledge on her she was still like, bend a knee.  She's obsessed and crazed at this point.  I'm pretty damn confident Dany is going to go mad and Tyrion is going to kill her.  You can see it on his face.  Yes, he was struggling watching his brother possibly be defeated by I think he was more so looking at what Dany can do and worried that it's going to be the easy solution moving forward.  Just burn everyone alive.

Bron is the man.  Need more of him.  He steals the screen.

Bran still presents a ton of holes in the story.  Curious how they're going to work though it all but that episode was the sh*t.  Straight up.

Yeah, that is the only part that had me eye-rolling a bit, and you certainly have to hope it's a setup for something down the line as you suggest, otherwise the constantly repeated "bend a knee" crap is pretty lame.  Missandei's comments were the first in a while that were legit and went along with everything that had been going on throughout the rest of the series (that they followed Dany because of who she is, not who her father was).  Something as simple as that convo was even great last night, and spoke more to the message that really makes sense about what this is all supposed to be about.  However, that of course completely contradicts any argument as to why Jon, or anyone else who doesn't know her for that matter, should just by default be conceding to her as queen.  Kind of goes back to a few episodes ago which had to be one of the worst-written conversations GOT ever had, where one moment Dany is talking about the line she is in and therefore the rightful heir, while the next saying that she should not be judged by her father.

But I digress, last night's episode was world's better and so no reason to worry about some of the past stupid crap, but the only point being they either need to have a real reason for continuing to play that up, or just move on from that already.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, my wife and I were on the edge of our seats "wait, wait... ****... it Brianne on Arya's list? Holy sh*t... google it quick..."

Haha, seriously.  When Arya made reference to most of the people on her list already being dead, I was desperately trying to remember who was even left.  Cersei and the Hound (maybe?)?

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Same. Lame? Yes. However, I think it's intended to show us that she's lost her way. She's become no different than the others politicking for power. She's not the same Khaleesi that set the slaves free, imo. 

I'm hoping Jorah returning to her side sets her back on the right path.. but who knows. I like that things have been less predictable.

Yeah, Jon having to talk her down from the idea of completely roasting King's Landing seems to go along with that as well.  That still didn't stop me from briefly thinking "oh, shut up" in the midst of a great episode though.  Of course, it's very possible that's all quite intentional, especially if it's setting up for a future situation where she's going to keep moving in a direction that will be hard to support, or she needs to be brought down off the ledge, like you're saying with Jorah.

Thinking about why this episode was already infinitely better than the prior episodes before the battle even began, I am suddenly reminded that the majority of the first 3 episodes were spent on the Greyjoys (2 sets of them), Martells, Unsullied, and Janitor Sam.  Not so coincidentally, none of them had any time this week (with the sole exception of Jon's brief encounter with Theon), and there was a marked improvement.  While there's some value to B characters, that was far too much time spent, and the plus side is that it would not be surprising if there was little left to come from any of them.

13 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I could watch this scene on a loop for a week.  The kid who plays Arya really can act.   Look at the half smile at the end, she's having fun.  You can tell she has been working for years, she is wicked quick, actually much faster than the actress who plays Brienne.  She is left handed, but even goes back and forth with using weapons in both hands.

I love that when Brienne kicks Arya there's a brief moment that's like "oh sh*t, I shouldn't have done that", then Arya pops right back up and it's game on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I didnt buy the scene. Sorry. I saw Arya learn to poison people, I've seen her stab people, and I know she learned tricks from the Faceless Men, but aside from a few lessons from Syrio Forell, we never saw her learning or practicing sword play like that....ever. Reminded me or Rey picking up a saber and dominating someone that has been trained. 

I get it. Girl Power!! and stuff. But Brienne has been training all of her life, defeated Loras, defeated the hound, but now, out of nowhere, Arya is a superhero swordfighter on a level with (or better than) Brienne, and maybe Jaime in his prime?

Kinda lame. Let her be an assassin, thats what she learned to be.

Jeez, what a downer.

I can't say I agree though.  Considering that, despite Brienne showing a bit of hesitancy on more than one occasion, she both knocked Arya's ass down and disarmed her.  The difference was not amazing sword skills, but quick moves and resorting to what would be very assassin-like actions, considering pulling out an extra knife and going to Brienne's throat is hardly what falls within the expectations of a "proper" duel.  I certainly got no impression that the message being sent was that this was a representation of as if Brienne had gone all out against Arya as an enemy.

The real point was that going into that, there was no one (outside of the fans) who had reason to expect anything out of Arya, and everyone was very surprised by what they got.

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im no big fan like many here but I "think" we were supposed to play along that yes, she did develop all of those skills while training under the faceless man blind.  The ending scene where she sliced off the candle to fight in the dark brought me to this conclusion.  

She was also forced to duel while freakin' blind.  But even still, I don't think the point being made was that she suddenly had unmatched skills beyond everyone.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

When Arya was studying with the faceless man, she was also getting the sh*t kicked out of her by that other girl - until she learned to defend herself. No?

And all of this while blind.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:11 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Admit it, we're all rooting for the accidental incest to happen.

Don't be ridiculous.

I'm rooting for it to happen entirely known and intentionally.  Gotta keep it pure.

Yeah, so that was freakin' awesome all around.  Every step of what happened with the dragons was nuts, right up until the very end.  You knew it was coming, but that still didn't stop it from being a bad ass moment.

Sometimes it's also just the small things that can be the best.  Jon was obviously getting saved somehow, and I had every possible idea running through my head of how, but I can freely admit I lost my sh*t when Benjen came riding in.  One of those moments where it wasn't even necessary to have it at all, but a great choice to add in there.

Sansa is a bit irritating but that's the point, although I don't get any logic behind the sending Brienne thing, other than an excuse for her to be there for something later.  Arya is nuts... and it's great.

Jon's proverbial bending of the knee was the only thing I didn't love, but that was obviously coming at some point, so what are you going to do?

In the end, I was probably most shocked to see the non-dragon survival rate in this episode.  Definitely more than a few instances of being certain someone was gone, only for them to survive.  That's also the positive spin on how they can use their past killing folks off to play everyone a bit, as it was getting to the point that it starts to lose something.  For example, absolutely no one gave the tiniest flake of sh*t when the Dorne folks got killed off, as hard as they tried to make it seem like a big deal.  Instead, you now get the more shocking moment when someone looks sure to die and actually doesn't.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the Claw said:

Really not much to complain about this episode. Littlefinger was setting Arya up for a fight with Brienne. If Arya tried to kill Sansa, Brienne would intervene, and most likely get killed. Sansa loses from that fight either way so she sends Brienne as a liason. At least that's how I took it. Sansa is in deep sh*te. She needs to kill Littlefinger to prove herself to Arya. And she may use that dagger.

Yeah, that is a fair point and the only thing I thought of as a reasoning, the general idea that Sansa was deliberately doing it to not listen to Littlefinger, but that doesn't really go along with the rest of she was doing throughout the episode, which is why it felt like more a matter of giving the benefit of the doubt than that really being a reason.  Whatever, wasn't a big deal, but was the only moment I just didn't really get.  I'm pretty sure they just want Brienne in King's Landing next week and that's all there is to it.  Other possibility is if that invite was just a load of BS.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Bold = Benjen. Same. I literally got up off the couch and was like "uncle benjen! uncle benjen!!" and my wife was so confused, but then it happened... they wrote it, how I would have. Jon has been the only one that worried about what happened to him. It just made sense that if they were going to get Jon out of an impossible situation, it be Benjen cameo that does it.

I liked Jon's show of gratitude and humility. His conversation with the ginger wildling about how many died because of Mance Raider's pride was important. So was seeing Dany on the back of the dragon coming to save them HERSELF. I think it changed how Jon sees here, obviously.

I think the most shocking moment of the show last night was when the Hound froze in shock at the zombie bear. 2nd most shocking was how stupid the Hound was for provoking the zombies across the ice. Both moments were out-of character for him. One because he's always been "nothing surprises me" and the other because he's always be very matter-of-fact and pragmatic, sort of battle-worn to the point where being an emo bitch is beneath him... but throwing rocks out of frustration was an emo bitch thing to do.

The point you're making about how the audience is so used to characters dying it can be used against them: the ginger wildling is a personal favorite of mine, and I thought he was done. Then he wasn't. 

Yeah, the Benjen thing really was awesome for something they spent just a few moments on.  For as critical as I was of the early episodes this season, there are also those moments where the little things can be very well done, especially considering no one would have really thought twice if Jon had went running and jumping onto the dragon as it took off, and that was it.

Fair point about Jon, and like I had said, you knew it was happening eventually, but it just kind of seemed like "oh yeah, we're cool now" to me, but it's not that big of a deal to me.  But you're right, what had just happened did obviously play into that.  Probably different to see it from the view of Jon, when we all knew the second Gendry went sprinting that we'd be seeing Dany riding in to save the day.

Agree about the Hound, the only thing I could possibly think at the time about the the zombie bear is maybe it was his fear of fire getting to him?  That was my only guess, as Beric and Thoros were using flaming swords, and seemed at least a bit more in line with his past stuff.  The rocks thing was pretty lame, but it seems they were just going for a quick laugh there before battle started back up.

Yeah, Tormund was definitely the first one that came to mind when I said about the expected deaths.  They had a few "close calls" last night, but he was the one that they successfully convinced me he was a goner and got a much stronger reaction from me with his survival than any of the various deaths have for a while now.  I almost had to laugh that there were at least two different instances of people randomly shown being killed that you found yourself asking "who the hell was that?"  Gotta have someone die, I guess.

They seriously had to have the impending incest finally happen while simultaneously talking in depth about how super-incesty it really was, and how they'd give Jon a heads up about that incest right away?  That was really just unnecessary.

Other than that, and Euron continuing to be absolutely awful beyond words (but at least the kept it brief), the rest of the episode was pretty good.  The ending was pretty much exactly as anticipated, so for me didn't really have the kind of impact they were obviously hoping for, but can't really blame them too much there.

On a side note, they need to come up with an excuse for one of Bran's flashbacks next season to include a visit from Ned (specifically, Sean Bean's Ned), just... because.

Littlefinger finally getting his was definitely the highlight of the episode.  They had Sansa looking clueless again at the start, but at least they finally put an end to it, as an act or otherwise, it was certainly getting old.  Arya slicing his throat with the knife was a nice touch, definitely was the one moment of cheer from me on this one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Thinking about it further, that incest-themed voiceover was even worse than the first impression.  It was widely considered pretty idiotic for Bran to be keeping this a secret this whole time, but then suddenly decide to have a chat with Sam about it out of nowhere?  That exchange made no sense other than a desperate attempt to ramp up the creep factor of that scene.  Because, you know, as Jon has spent the vast majority of recent time with a person he's related to, there's no reason to mention it, might as well just chill out and ignore it until his fat buddy shows up for a little chat.  That was sloppy writing, with the only goal of doing what they wanted to do, regardless of the complete lack of logic.

Maybe the White Walkers should win, because so far all of the incestuous creeps of Westeros have a history of being the worst possible option.  Either that or, best case scenario, have every leader killed off until we're left with Queen Mormont.

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Do you think he was watching them bang so he was all casual like, oh hey Sam, Jon is really the heir the Iron Throne and we should probably tell him because he's banging his Aunt right now. 

That sounds about right, Bran's now using his ability for his own streaming porn service.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This is literally how I feel about Josh McCown.

To be clear, in this scenario is McCown undead, keeping it in the family, or a (bad ass) little girl?

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

McCown is clearly the night king.

That's what I figured, but just wanted to be sure.

After all, I've heard the McCown family is very close.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

A couple of questions/thoughts from that episode.

Tyrion during the incest scene: they made a point to show him him and his look of concern.  Why?  Scared that love might stand in the way of conquering?  Otherwise, you think he'd be happy about it.  The whole season they built up the theory that Tyrion (and Varys) were concerned with Dany's moral code and sanity.  Now she's sleeping with the one guy who has any moral compass on the entire show.  Should be a good thing and help his cause for getting her to not go crazy, right? So why the concerned look? 

The nod to kill Jamie?  Did she tell the Mountain not to kill him even if she gives the order?  A bluff?  Jamie is her one weakness.  How that plays a factor now that he's a traitor is going to be pretty amazing considering their relationship being revealed was the catalyst for all the chaos.  

Theon and 2 row boats full of dudes are going to do what exactly?  

What did Hound mean when he said essentially you know whats coming for you?  Is he still seeing visions through the lord of light?  Speaking of which, where is the Red Bitch? 

Not sure how they wrap up the Great War and the War for Westerns in 8 episodes.  I feel like with Cersi lying, it elongates the storyline unless somehow that particular strategy is nipped in the butt before its executed which seems impossible considering the dragon blasting through the wall and the Army of the Dead south of the Wall.  It seems like they're going to have to solve a lot of conflict in a short period of time.  Unless of course Bran finally steps up and stops being the most worthless yet most powerful person alive all at the same time.

Yeah, that is the one thing I find curious, especially given it's only going to be 6 episodes.

That likely means it's either going to be full blown battles in every single episode, or we'll end up with multiple wars happening simultaneously.  Of course, if the white walkers just end up wiping everyone out, that might not take so long.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they go back to the earlier season trends of more off-screen battles that are talked about after the fact.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

6?  Oh sh*t...haha.  Well then.  I have a few thoughts.

Bran finally steps up and figures this thing out with the dead, makes quicker work of it than expected and the war of westeros takes the stage.

Or, they nip the war of westeros quickly with the king slayer, slaying the Queen preventing the Golden Army or whatever to be relevant and then focus on the Great War.  

Or maybe the White Walkers dying triggers all the people/things they've turned to die as well plays a huge factor and that war is resolved quicker than expected.

Theon somehow leads a brilliant attack and overturn of Euron.  

Arya kills Cersi dressed as Jamie after she kills Jamie.  lmfao.  Which would be so ******* bad ass.

Or a combo of all the above. 

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself assuming the white walkers are going down.  Martin is kind of dick when it comes to that kind of stuff.  Seems like it's been too long since anyone fans care about has gotten killed off, so he's probably just saving up.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Like, you think the White Walkers win?  That would be really stupid IMO.  Let me create this incredibly complex intriguing story which has yet to be resolved and then poop all over it with an impossible to beat army of dead people just sweeping through their world and killing off all these characters his audience loves and adores and have followed for almost a decade?

He might get deaths threats lol

I don't discount any possibilities at this point.  One way or another, lots of people are going to die.  It's really just going to be a question of whether it's all, or just most.

On the flip side, if all we're left with is Queen Mormont, Hand of the Queen Pod, and Commander Arya, Westeros would be a better place.

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

Don't forget Bran showing up outside, parking his wheelchair.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

image.png

Well that will be pretty f'n intense.

At least gives some justification to what originally came across as an annoyingly short season to address a whole lot of unanswered questions.

Yeah, the CGI fiesta is definitely weird.  In truth, their CGI quality has actually been pretty poor since day one, as it's clearly not something they bother to put much of a budget into.  In truth, that has always been just fine because it's there as a slight complement, and everything is supposed to be about the story / characters, not the other stuff.  It goes right along with the fact that none of the battles actually ever show up in the books, other than simply being referenced by others after they happened.  Sure, they have meaning, but were never supposed to be the focus of anything.

The show was pretty true to that concept in its early seasons, but the issue is that they continue to get further away from that.  The dragon riding scene definitely got a serious eye-roll out of me.  It's been pretty crystal clear for years now the difference between what Martin comes up with, and what HBO decides to do itself.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the episode and it was actually what I expected for the first episode to be, mostly a setup of what was to come.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the season regardless, but the story-telling has definitely become far less loyal to the structure of the books, as with books not yet existing for this part of the story, HBO is instead taking their own creative license and grasping for as much action as possible to finish it all off.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed and here's my other rub; Cersi no way, no how, sleeps with Euron Greyjoy.  Less than a 0% chance.  And to agree to sleeping with him in front of all her "team" for the lack of a better term, was ridiculous.  She would have dropped the Mic on "earn it" and that would have been that.  She would have been more inclined to sleep with the Knight from the Golden Army.  So stupid.  Everything involving Euron has been utterly terrible but that particular scene was just the dumbest sh*t they've ever done.

Yeah, that was definitely strange and doesn't really fit in with, well... anything.  The only guess I'm making in my own head in any way to justify this is if Cersei plans to credit Euron as the baby-daddy instead of Jaime.

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right but even that doesnt fit.  A Lannister and Greyjoy child?  I mean, I know she's doesnt have a lot of allies these days but for someone so concerned about their name stake and legacy, making babies with Euron Greyjoy doesnt seem to be the recipe to success. 

Also, did you pick up on that she had wine in this episode?  So maybe there isnt a baby after all, which would then make that whole scene even more weird. 

Oh, I don't think that would make much sense, but the best I could come up with.  Has more to do with my lack of faith in parts written by HBO as opposed to Martin, which I would bet this very much falls into that category.

As far as the wine goes, as soon as I saw that my immediate comment was "oh good, a drinking mother carrying an incestuous child... this should go well."  Considering the entire back story of how awful the little incest babies have been for Westeros, I feel fully confident there are still a few more of them on the way.

• Haha 2

I was kind of willing to forgive the nothingness of the first episode, simply as a setup and for them to get all of the stupid reunion crap out of the way and have the rest of the series actually mean something.  Then they went ahead and did the same exact crap for the second episode, which is ridiculous.  Considering next week's preview showed a lot of "preparing" for this supposed battle happening, but going out of its way to not actually show anything of note, including not a single white walker seen, I'm questioning whether it'll be yet another dragged out episode.  If so, they'll try to play it off as some brilliant "tension building" when the reality is they're just trying to fill more hours while they've failed to come up with anything of note to finish the series with other than "hey look, a battle!"

It's become pretty clear the show's writers are just terrible at their jobs, and without chapters of the books to simply copy and paste onto a script, they're totally screwed.  The vast majority of "original" work they tried to force into the show previously was a disaster, and so far this is pointing to more of the same.  Hopefully they get their crap together with these next 4 episodes, but so far all we've got:

Episode 1 - Wait around an hour for Jon to find out who he is, which we've all known for years
Episode 2 - Wait around another hour for Jon to tell Daenerys too

Pretty much everything else that happened has been meaningless.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company