prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

Anyone catch the first episode?  So much action last year I just assumed someone was going to die in this episode.  That dam Jon Snow is probably going have some witch sex soon   :winking0001:

While her character is bleh... her body is dope, the more witch sex, the better I say!!! 

I would hastily decapitate you in single combat.

I think I've proven over the years, I don't need my head or anything in it, to hand out a beating.

That fight scene with the Sand Chicks was brutal.

This whole season has been a snoozefest.

Cersei is a moron.  She just created an armed group of religious fanatics in her city who don't listen to the king, one of the members of which is her cousin she used to sleep with.

That scene with Sansa at the end was brutal to watch. 

Cersei's plotline makese sense to me, I agree she is a moron, but that's what makes sense. She's so used to being impetuous and hateful in all of her actions, but having her father, Jaime and even Tyrion there to guide her rage into strategic maneuvering that it insulated her. Now, we're seeing her without the male figures of her household to protect her from herself and her own rage. She'll be her own undoing, I suspect. 

All of that.  Jaime trying to sneak around, and he arrives at the same moment that Sand Snakes arrive.  Very cheesy.

Agreed. It was corny. What a waste of screen time for Bronn, who is a great character and well-acted role. 

Sand Snakes couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, and completely agreed that the Dorne stuff stinks.

Dorne is awful. Every bit of it, except the big dude that told Jaime "if you were whole it would have been a good fight" or whatever, that dude's character needs to be unpacked further.

Nice hootery this last episode though.

Casting director for titties deserves an Oscar or whatever

Cersei's plotline makese sense to me, I agree she is a moron, but that's what makes sense. She's so used to being impetuous and hateful in all of her actions, but having her father, Jaime and even Tyrion there to guide her rage into strategic maneuvering that it insulated her. Now, we're seeing her without the male figures of her household to protect her from herself and her own rage. She'll be her own undoing, I suspect.

This is playing out how I anticipated.

Cersei: Why are you throwing me in here?!

INCEST

CerseI; Oh right, that

lol, she also used incest towards the means of killing Robert... Oh, that Cersei, such a card!

Caught up on the last 2 episodes last night.

Wow.

Really made laboring throughout the previous 7 episodes worth it.

That was her, she talked about doing the scene.

300 was a couple years ago, and everyone got in great shape for it. 

Also, a boobie will look totally different if filmed in a freezing cold room. :)

- I've never seen a show use leaks and spoilers so well. The four pics that came out this week were all in the episode EXCEPT the one with the most season 6 value. Brilliant!

Could you share this pic, I have no idea what you're referring to... Thanks.

• Upvote 2

****PSYCHIC SPOILER***

#Don't read if you don't want your mind BLOWED#

We're aware that Melisandre resurrects Jon Snow, yes?

The first thing I said to my wife was that season 5 has a strong undercurrent of reanimation, between the undead army and the giant Kingsguard brought to life by that sorcerer guy (Cersei's dude). Add to that the Many Faced God potential... so it is totally within reason that he is brought back.

Word. You'll remember that Melisandre is from the same place as that guy who resurrected the flaming sword dude who got cut in half by The Hound.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that scene.

I bet Syrio Forel is a Faceless Man.

He is from Bravos, and probably prays to the Many Faced God. I could see this being the case. 

I don't think so.   He was a well known sword master, not a "no one".

Also, becoming a sword master I would think takes a massive amount of training.  Becoming a faceless man also takes that kind of training, but in a totally different way.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I think Forel is dead. 

I think the Hound is alive, and I think Stannis is dead.  Stannis because she loved Renly so much, I think she'd love to kill Stannis. 

Yes, but it could have been anyone that serves the Many Face God wearing Syrio's face. Perhaps he was dead long before he ever "met" Arya.

Carice van Houten a butter face?

tumblr_lsanznpCVR1r0ftodo1_500.gif

Agreed.

Favorite character?

I know what you're hoping he'll say, but listen T0m, nobody likes Theon's Greyjoy as much as you do. Nobody.

You didn't ask me, but close tie between Arya and Tyrian. Despite not loving Arya's S5 storyline. I even love Joffrey and Cersei, just monsters, but the actors play them so well... man what  a show

Agree on all accounts, especially the bold. 

Agreed, but then again, I'd say those two are everyone's favies. 

My wife likes Arya, Jon Snow, and Breann the most

I like Tyrion, Ned Stark, The Hound, and Breann the most. 

*** SPOILERS ***

Lots of turnover of power going on. As predictable as JS Rising was, it was still great. Intrigued by the emergence of Lord Greyjoy's brother, and what that'll mean with Theon returning to Iron Isles to be with his sister. Davos has emerged a new favorite character of mine, he's sort of bringing that "weathered, honorable and righteous" presence that was lost with Ned Stark in S1. Snow, Tyrion and Danny all being set on the path towards being dragon riders, me thinks. I love that the bastards and unwanted are the power players. Red woman should show her goods every episode, seriously. This season's episodes have felt a bit procedural, but have been awesome just the same. 

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

And her ass is incredible too 

rGW7AMF.gif

I can't tell how old she is by her face, because it would appear she's allowed her face to age naturally - which is okay - but she's got the body of a early-20 something. Damn.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

The bold assumes Jon wins, and the Greyjoys stay out of it entirely. The least interesting story going right now is the High Sparrow vs. the Lannisters. The only part of that which is enjoyable is Marjorie's grandmother... that woman is just like Dinklage, absolutely owns every scene she's in.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Wow. 

Wasn't really trying to argue, the episodes kind of run together.  I know what happens, but not in which episode.   Man a lot happened in the first 60 minutes of that show.

Loved Khaleesi's little speech to the Khals.   Calling them small after what her husband tried to do, and what they are doing.  Then she grabs the burning metal, and I was like "ohhhhh boy"   and the Khals were like "Ohhhhh Boy"

Then they all ran around like a bunch of chickens in the corniest scene in the history of the show. LOL

Best episode of any of the modern era binge-centric programs, without question. 

That battle was better than anything put on film for Braveheart, Gladiator and the like. More importantly, the cinematography and point-of-view used through was as much a story-telling device as any other part of the episode. Just an absolute joy to watch.

Tormund Giantsbane is ******* awesome. I always thought he was a "cool" character, aesthetically, but tonight puts him on the level of Breann and The Hound with regard to general honor, violence and all around bad-assness. 

Also, for those of you questioning why Rickon didn't zig-zag... here's a better one... 

Why didn't Ramsay put that arrow through Jon Snow's heart, rather than the Giant's eyeball?

I mean, Jon let his guard down and was easy-pickens at that point. Ramsay's proclivity for tormenting people, was his ultimate undoing. He could have ended Snow right there, but seeing how Jon was emo about the giant being taken down... Ramsay chose to hurt Jon emotionally, rather than taking the easy kill shot.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Because thats what Ramsey do...

Yea, I mostly point it out as a nod to the discipline of the writers to think through the scene so thoroughly... most people I've spoken with never thought twice about the arrow in the giant's eye. I think it was a brilliant example of them staying true to the archetype they'd built for Ramsay. Much the way writers will make arrogance the downfall of a bad leader, or something like that... the desire to "toy" with Jon (as Sansa warned him) was ultimately the downfall of the sadistic ****er.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, no psls said:

It's a TV show , you nitwit .

MHE5dbZ.gif

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They released a 10-minute making-of doc on YouTube about the episode. It's very cool. A lot less CGI then you'd think. I can't believe this much production goes into TV shows now. What a time to be alive.

http://coolmaterial.com/video/how-game-of-thrones-created-the-battle-of-winterfell/

lol... oh boy

So, if Jon Snow is the son of a Leanna and Raygar, then he's not just the rightful heir to Winterfell as a true Stark, but also the 7 Kingdoms as a true descendant of a Targaryen. Kind of inconvenient for Danneryasssssssss. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

Not exactly.  Rhaegar Targaryen was married to Ellia Martell, not Lyanna Stark.  So unless they had some secret wedding Jon Snow is still a bastard.  But Rhaegar's bastard and not Ned's.

also Jon would not have a legit claim to the north as he's Ned's nephew and not son.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yeah, I actually don't think he's the rightful heir to anything, still.  So, it will be interesting.  But, I also don't think the story ends with a king, or queen at the throne.  I think Cersei is the last true ruler... Kind of like Trump.

Yup. You guys are right... I realized it after thinking about it more.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2016 at 10:42 AM, chirorob said:

My long term predicitons.  This is just stuff I've been thinking on for a while, not from any website or book or anything other than my befuddled brain.

Jaime kills Cersei.  Maybe even, she sees the fleet coming, and like the Mad King before her, realizes she is doomed and wants to ignite more wild fire and burn the whole city.  Just as he saved the city before by killing his king, now he kills his sister to save it again. 

Khaleesi marries Jaime.  She will marry to solidify her power.  Who else is there?  I don't think she'd marry Jon, he's her nephew, and it just seems  wrong.  Tyrion may convince her what Jaime did was for the best, and Tyrion will not want his family utterly destroyed.  There are no men in Dorne for her to marry of any worth, nor are there any Tyrells.  Jon/ Sansa becomes the King of the North, but makes the same vows Ned made to Robert, and Robert would have made to Renley. 

The Hound becomes the leader of the Men without Banners, and gains the power of the flaming sword that Beric had several seasons ago. 

OK, rip it apart!!

The biggest villain in Game of Thrones is Littlefinger, is now, always has been. He's not like Joffrey and Ramsey, where everything he done is out-front, over-the-top dooshy, and damning... which ultimately forces confrontation and death. He works in the background, and he's done so brilliantly. He's easy to under-estimate, yet often manipulates things to his advantage. People forget that when he engineered Joffrey's assassination that it doesn't make Littlefinger a "good guy", he just killed off a character fans all hated. He was still self-serving in his actions and you saw in his pursuit of Sansa as a wife how that Joffrey kill, plus the sh*t he pulled at the Vail, all had an endgame in mind for him.

He's not going to sit idly by. I cannot wait to see how they feature him over the final two seasons... I feel he's been under-utilized with the fixation on Ramsey, and them digging themselves out of that horrible Arya storyline. That was probably the worst preoccupation of the whole show. I'm glad they brought her back to relevancy, and gave the whole "faces" experience some purpose.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He killed Jon Arryn, which made Ned become the Hand of the King.   He pushed the Starks and Lannisters towards war.   He is totally evil. 

But, the way he is written, it's hard to do a whole show about him.  He doesn't have much of his own army, rather he pushes others into fighting for him.

a true manipulator... he is without the means of an army, family name, or fortune... and yet he puppeteers others into conflict, to suit his agenda... i love the character, frankly

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

I don't get the Ed Sheeran hate.  I just didn't care, I didn't even recognize him.

Arya, "tell them the North remembers"    What a bad ass

So, as the singing was fading in, and it was clear Arya was approaching a group - I said to my wife, "watch this be some putz like Ed Sheeran doing a cameo". I was disgusted with myself for being right. Not because I recognized his voice, but somehow in my brain a synapse fired connecting his track on the Hobbit soundtrack to this.

Anyway, it was a good episode. I have thoroughly enjoyed the crisis of morality that they've engulfed the Hound in, but it's time for him to start splitting skulls again soon. It's getting a bit whelp-ey. No longer entertained by Cersei and her people's eyebrow anymore either. I did like the Iron Isles uncle totally goofing on Jamie though. 

Glad to see the giants turned zombie. That'll be fun. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Anyone notice Brian winters?

Nope, but it was cool that they re-cast Tyrion with the tiny linebacker.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company