prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

I havent opened this thread before because I had no interest in the show but I was forced to binge GOT with my GF and just got all caught up last night.  

I'm not really big of dungeons and dragons type sh*t so I roll my eyes and laugh at 90% of the sh*t that happens in the show but it's pretty good.  I'll give GOT this, I typically get attached to a show based on 1 or 2 characters/actors that I just love. Walt White, Jax Teller, Nucky Thompson, Ray Donovan etc. but this is the first show where I literally hate every single person the show and cant wait to watch them die.  Unfortunately, so many of the ones I hate are still alive but it's pretty amazing how they hooked me in with no real character to love and a genre of film that I just dont have any interest in.

Alright, maybe I dont hate them all.  From the beginning the only character I've really loved is Arya.  She's such a little bad ass and her revenge tour is the best part of the show IMO. And it's amazing how you go from hating Jamie to now I love him.  He's great.  And the little dude too, Tryion (sp?).  He's fun too I guess. The side kick they shared too is pretty cool.  Other than that, they're all terribly annoying and I want to see them all die.  

Like that Daneray or something...omg, so ******* annoying.  That stupid look she has on her face at all times.  It makes me cringe.  She definitely has the most roll your eyes and laugh moments of the show. Throw Cersi and Sansa in there too.  So annoying.  Their faces, I hate them so much. The Red Witch too.  So annoying.  I almost gave up the show when her vagina spirit killed that one King.

All that said, the last 2 episodes of season 6 were insanely intense and I'm now fully hooked. 

Side note: my buddy works for HBO and he's told me about how GOT is treated over there.  They literally have a open budget to do anything.  They film on site.  They pick theses far off destinations and ship the whole set and cast out there and apparently HBO is just like, whatever you want, do it.  Apparently all the other shows hate them.  haha

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

giphy.gif

Haha - I'm hooked now, no doubt.

The dude in the flag tank...is he eating a hot dog, drinking a beer and an ice pop at the same time?  Impressive. 

On 7/27/2016 at 4:50 PM, chirorob said:

Heard a weird theory, which would be awesome (though I doubt it)

What if Khaleesi goes mad?   Remember, her father wasn't in his youth, not until he got older.  Be crazy if she started to, or even if the show ended as she is showing signs of it, especially with dragons under her command.

Seems pretty wild.  She's the breaker of chains and stuff.  She's all about freedom of slaves but then she goes mental?  I dont know.  Seems far fetched.  Especially considering all the people that are her "advisers" for the lack of a better term. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2016 at 4:32 PM, Integrity28 said:

a true manipulator... he is without the means of an army, family name, or fortune... and yet he puppeteers others into conflict, to suit his agenda... i love the character, frankly

I want to rip his throat out.  He's so annoying.  The way he talks, the way he walks, the way he dresses - he's a great character but he's just so damn annoying. 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

When your parents were brother and sister, and your grandparents, and ect., you can go a little off.

She wanted to destroy a whole city, Tyrion talked her out of it.

This is true.  Again, I just dont see it...but I dont know sh*t about the books and all that.  

Can someone explain the John Snow story arch to me?  Who is he?  He's the bastard son of the Robert dude that got killed hunting?  So he had an affair with Ned Starke's sister or something?

And how is this relevant?   Is it because he's not actually an heir to Winterfell?  Like, if people find out is this a bad thing for John Snow?

And then Bran - he's like a big deal right?  I mean, he has the ability to time travel and alter the past.  I feel like he's going to do some wild sh*t that flips this whole thing upside down.

That whole situation is wild because you could literally speculate everything that has happened to the point you dont know if he was actually the 3 eyed Raven, calling for himself to maybe right a situation that was wrong.  And maybe he even went back and told himself to peak at Jamie screwing his sister, etc.  He created the White Walkers, etc. 

That whole situation could be a huge factor to how the story plays out .

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

no.  Everyone thought he was Ned's bastard son.  Actually, he is the son of Ned's sister and Rhaegar Targaryen, which makes him direct in line for the throne.  If Ned had told his best friend Robert who John actually was, Robert would have killed him.

But, to make it worse.   The Mad King was the king before Robert.   His son was Rhaegar.   Robert (the old fat king) was in love with Ned's sister, and was due to marry her.  The Mad King's son Rhaegar was married to a princess of Dorne.  Everyone thought Rhaegar kidnapped Ned's sister, which is what started the entire revolution that ended with the Targaryeans all dead and Robert as king.   It looks like Ned's sister (Lyanna?) actually ran off with Rhaegar, and had a son with him before dying in childbirth.

Thus, the whole revolution was done for no reason, as no one was kidnapped, and all the other political bad stuff.

Gotcha.  Thanks for explaining that.  And Ned helped Robert win those wars, correct?  Does that mean he was fighting but already knew the truth? 

The one thing that I'll say about binge watching, there is so much going on that intake all at once can get a little confusing considering all the moving parts.  

59 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Ned was Robert's best friend.   They grew up together in the same house, being fostered by Jon Arryn, who later married Catalyn (Ned's Wife) sister.  

Ned's sister was taken by Rhaegar.   Ned's father and older brother went to the mad king to get her back.  The Mad King accused them of treason, and had Ned's father do a trial by combat.  The Mad King chose fire as his champion, and held Ned's father over a fire (the fire won).  Ned's brother I think was killed trying to save his dad.  Then the Mad King ordered Ned and Robert be brought to him, and Jon Arryn refused, and thus the Ayrie (however you spell it), Robert's kingdom, and the North rebelled against the Mad King.

The was was won, Ned went to find his sister right after Rhaegar had been killed, and that's when you see that fight, Ned finds his sister, she whispers to him (99% that John Snow is her and Rhaegar's son), and makes him promise her something, probably to take care of John.  So, the war was over, but if Ned told anyone who John really was, John would be killed, and who knows what else would have happened.   Instead, Ned went home, the new Lord of the North, Robert became king, married Cersei to ally with a very powerful family, and Jon Arryn married Ned's sister in law (who was in love with Little finger).

That's what I love about the show.   The layers and layers and depth of connections.

Damn!  Did you get all that from just watching the show? 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There's a line early on about the Targaryen family line, that they either achieve greatness or madness (something like that). Danaerys' father was The Mad King, Aerys, who burned Ned Stark's father and brother alive. The nerds believe that Daenarys is going to end up psychotic and Tyrion knows this already.

Why would Tyrion align with her if he knows she's going to go crazy?  To sabotage it or to make sure he's on her good side?  He hates Kings Landing and his sister, so I dont see why he'd be trying to help them out.

I feel proud that when I started watching this show, I hated every single character on the show except for Arya.  And now, she's by far the baddest character on the show.  I fee like I deserve some nerd points or something.  

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

No nerd points for liking Arya.

However, you get major nerd points for begging for approval from others.

This, coming from you, is amazing.  Thank you.  lol

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, as the singing was fading in, and it was clear Arya was approaching a group - I said to my wife, "watch this be some putz like Ed Sheeran doing a cameo". I was disgusted with myself for being right. Not because I recognized his voice, but somehow in my brain a synapse fired connecting his track on the Hobbit soundtrack to this.

Anyway, it was a good episode. I have thoroughly enjoyed the crisis of morality that they've engulfed the Hound in, but it's time for him to start splitting skulls again soon. It's getting a bit whelp-ey. No longer entertained by Cersei and her people's eyebrow anymore either. I did like the Iron Isles uncle totally goofing on Jamie though. 

Glad to see the giants turned zombie. That'll be fun. 

I like Ed Sheeran and I'm not afriad to admit it.   /JF80'd.

I love what they're doing with the Hound.  I am however, totally confused by the group that he's not running with.  They've been around through out the show so I assume they have some importance to the story line but wtf is it?  Who is the Lord of Light and wtf did the Hound see in the fire?  That whole scene was just some weird emo sh*t and lets talk about life and it confuses me as to why they're important at this stage. 

I want to punch that teenage boy looking Daenerys right in her stupid looking face.  I mean, can someone tell her to stop making that stupid ******* face?  And then the kneel down to touch the sand.  I wanted to puke.  I cant stand her. 

I've got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill Cersei. 

For such a bad ass, John Snow is such a pussy.  I thought he was legit going to cry when Sansa checked his ass.  

And I think Bran is the guy that comes through as the biggest hero in the end.  

20 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

They are followers of the lord of light (fire god), just like Melisandre the red priestess.  The guy Thoros of Myr who had him look in the flames is a red priest.  He has brought Beric (the eye patch guy) back to life many times.  They know about the white walker threat from the flames.

I guess I was just asking more about why their important to the story line...I guess we will find out.  I assume they have deeper knowledge of the White Walkers? And based on Sam's interaction with other old wise dude, not everybody believes the white walkers exist? So maybe that's the importance? 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Lord of Light is basically a MacGuffin. Things happen "for" him moves the plot forward. Also lets them bring dead people back to life.

If you look closely at what the show has done, it began with the Lannisters being the royals who got their ass kissed and who were mired in pomp and circumstance. While Daenerys formed her uprising out of the dirt. Now, Daenerys is the one who is heralded and adorned... while the Lannisters have nothing at their disposal but the willingness to scrap their way out of the dirt. There's a role-reversal thing going on, intended or not. It's intriguing - no matter how much you hate pretty women.

Jamie just got neutered by the Euron. I think Jamie went from one of the most threatening warriors on the show, to a walking punchline. It'll be interesting if he re-claims his status as kingslayer.

Jon Snow has been a pussy all along. This isn't new. His entire archetype is a contradiction - valiant enough to be first into battle, but pussy enough to weep over being interrupted by his fake-sister.

Sansa ,the actress, has really grown into her face. When she was younger, she was sort of odd looking. I think she had a woman's face as a child. Now she looks like a woman, as a woman - and it's a fortunate thing that her natural maturation of appearance has coincided with her learning the ways of the world as a character. He character had to betray her sister, watched her father get beheaded, had to marry Joffrey, had to marry Ramsay, and all of that has amounted in a fair amount of cynicism in her personality. If she harnesses it right, she can use it strategically - like we saw her do in advising Jon Snow - but if she lets it consumer her, she's going to cut off her nose in spite of her face. Which means she'll likely betray, or screw, people over.

I think the way this thing is taking shape, there won't be one hero - they'll be links on a chain - and viewers will gravitate toward celebrating the characters that appealed to them most all along. That... or everyone dies.

Cool.  Thanks!

Dont get me wrong, I find Daenery's character intriguing to an extent sans the unburned, mother of dragons nonsense.  She's hot, it's just that ******* face she makes.  I want to punch it. Over and over again.  So annoying.  

Jamie's character IMO has by far the coolest development other than Arya.  He goes from the guy you hate the most, to a guy you root for despite being a dickwad, to a cool character saving his brother, to a punchline and I'm telling you, he's going to kill his sister lover.  I just feel it.

Snow annoys the sh*t out of me.  He's such a pusswah.  

Sansa is a hottie nowadays.  Her character has definitely been through hell and back.  Did you notice her wearing her hair like Cersei used to when it was long?   

I could see the multiple hero angle.  That said, it seems Bran has the ability to change it all.  I've just got a feeling he's going to learn how to use his power to reverse some sh*t. Not sure what or how but I feel like that could be a thing.

40 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I just was assuming he was referring to Dragonstone, which if the Night King makes it there, I think it's safe to say things didn't go so well for the North. 

I've been rooting for the Cleganebowl for a while now, but I'm not sure it's going to be that sweet a victory for the Hound to kill his un-dead brother. I mean, sure, it'll still be fun to watch, but probably not as satisfying as it could have been. 

Wait, the Hound's brother was The Mountain, who is now the undead dude the protects Cersei?  I thought his brother was the dude he fought at the games when they were jousting and he lost his sh*t and cut off the head of his horse and seemed to be ready to attack Joffery? 

13 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

One in the same my sweet sweet Jif, one in the same. 

Ok, but they switched actors or something, right?  Like they did with the dude that Danareys was banging?  The dude he fought protecting Joffery was not the same dude that died in the duel.  

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Be a total mind **** if he brought his father back, and Ned decided not to go be the Hand for Robert. Then nothing is set into motion...

Didn't notice the hair, no. Between you taking hair-do tips and wanting to punch the prettiest girl on the show... the jokes make themselves.

game-thrones.jpg

Check the hair-do's, brah.  She's turning into her.   She admires her.  JIF IS A GOT GOD!!!!!

Cersei04.jpg

1500383471-sansa-hair.jpg

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Be a total mind **** if he brought his father back, and Ned decided not to go be the Hand for Robert. Then nothing is set into motion...

Didn't notice the hair, no. Between you taking hair-do tips and wanting to punch the prettiest girl on the show... the jokes make themselves.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nerd points being purged with every word you type... 

I cant remember the Bran stuff perfectly but didnt he technically create the White Walkers?  I was thinking maybe he had the ability to eliminate them without a war or something. So many ways it could go...

But this face?  How do you not want to punch it? It so ******* whinny and annoying and miserable:

daenerys-targaeryn-could-be-going-down-a

2F214D1400000578-3348910-image-m-18_1449

Daenerys-Targaryen.png5587052_orig.jpg

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Best naked character on GOT? I've gotta go Melisandre as 1 and Bianca as 2. I will never forgive B&B or Martin for not letting Margaery take her walk of atonement. They stole that from us. The bastards.

Hands down the Red Witch or whatever her name is was the hottest nude scene.  

I dont remember the Bianca one.  

Who was the chick showing her t!ts in the jail cell to Jamie's buddy, cant remember his name either, Bronn or something like that?  That chick was hot as sh*t.  You dont get the whole package but my gawd.

The whore who joined Little Finger's brothel was pretty good too.  That lesbo scene was epic.

Margaery IMO was by far the hottest of them all. So I agree with your take.

33 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

yeah not many people in westeros think they are real or know the threat.  Melisandre knew and told Stannis he was going to be the prince that was promised who would stop them.  then he died.  then she thought it was Jon Snow.  Then he banished her.  I think she's going to go to Dany next.  One of the red priestess's in Essos believed Dany was the savior.  

I believe the Hounds new crew (brotherhood without banners) is going to join Jon to stop the white walkers.  You see them in the trailer north of the surrounded by wights with Jon. 

Gotcha.  Thanks!  I think the fact I binge watched like basically up to now, that I missed some stuff because there are so many moving pieces.  I think actually watching at the pace of the show helps you digest all that is going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Who's the one dead character you'd want to come back to life? I'm going with Tywin because 1. Charles Dance is incredible and 2. He was the moral center of the show and losing him sort of set the whole GoT universe adrift.

Khal Drago because he's hawt.  Duh.

I'm telling you dudes, I may miss a few details here and there but I'm just on another level:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/game-thrones-fans-noticed-insane-175703651.html

There was so much to absorb from the season seven premiere of Game of Thrones, you might've missed a key moment: Sansa's hair. No, she didn't wear a killer accessory á la Daenerys Targaryen, but she instead hinted at a possible plot development with her half-up look.

In a scene where she warns Jon Snow about how dangerous Queen Cersei Lannister can be, he says, "You almost sound as if you admire her." Sansa replies, "I learned a great deal from her." Fittingly, Sansa's braided style seriously channeled Cersei Lannister's hair looks from earlier seasons, as several Twitter users noted:

This detail is subtle, but it could signal that Sansa wants more power and may be a threat to Jon Snow, the King of the North (and her half-brother . . . as far as she knows).

Sophie Turner herself has said her character's hair is a clever plot device. "She's a very silent character . . . you don't really know what she's thinking," Sophie told POPSUGAR back in June. "The only real way we knew what she was taking in and learning from these people [is] because she would mirror Cersei's hairstyle or Margaery's hairstyle. . . . It's really interesting to see that sort of physical representation of her adapting to each situation."

If this Cersei-like hairstyle is any indication of how Sansa's storyline is going to this season, it looks like there'll be trouble in Winterfell.

15 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Tywin was great. Second choice would be Oberyn because he was the s hit. Stole every scene.  

Agreed.  I was very disappointed his character didnt last longer. 

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Heard a great theory.   It had to do with "Why are the White Walkers Invading?"

#1.   Everyone says Brand the Builder and the Children of the Forrest made the wall.   Well, what if it was Bran and the White Walkers who made the wall.   After all, who has the most power with ice?   The children have power over trees and living things.   Maybe the wall was made as a truce, with the Walkers getting the land north of the wall.   Now, thousands of years later, their land has been "invaded" by thousands and thousands of Free Folk.   Over 100 thousand.

There could have been a truce, and the mortal men forgot it started breaking their part of it, and now the Walkers are retaliating.

Interesting but Bran through his time travel stuff found out that the children are the ones who created the White Walkers because they were being destroyed by man.  The White Walkers would help them survive and fight man.  Also, wasnt the one creepy wildling dude who raped or married all his daughters offering his male sons to the white walkers?  So technically the Free Folk were already giving the White Walkers concessions. 

And are the Children of the Forrest dead?  haha Or just some creepy ass kids that dont age? 

I'm still holding strong that Bran uses his powers to go back in time and somehow eliminates the creation of the White Walkers. 

Just now, Lizard King said:

What episode was this?

sh*t, I dont know.  It's the one of his many visions or time travels when he's with the 3 eyed raven.  They go back to a scene where the Children are all sitting in a circle and then the one main little girl uses a knife that she sticks through this dudes chest who is tied up on a tree.  After Bran wakes, he calls her out on being the ones who created the White Walkers and she says something along the lines of "you made us, we had to, man was destroying us, we needed them to win the war" or something like that.

52 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I must've been binging and totally missed that one. I feel like I missed a lot to be honest.

I feel you.  I feel like I've missed a ton because I binged all the way up to this season.  That said, I've paid particular attention to the Bran scenes because I find his character to be the most mysterious and interesting and kind of hard to follow.  And now it turns out he's probably most powerful character on the entire show.  

I legit think Bran is going to be the hero, at least as it pertains to defeating the white walkers.

52 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Children of the Forrest don't really age as I understand it, kind of like Tolkein's elves.   But they are all but wiped up.

Or....  did Bran go back in time and help build the original wall?

Ok gotcha.  

Yes, I 100% think Bran is the builder of the wall and of winterfell.  I guess the thing to theorize is why?  To protect them from the white walkers or as a truce as you said?  It certainly wasnt to protect the Children of the Forest since they created White Walkers and live outside the Wall but I do think the theory that Bran created the Wall is true.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:17 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

A story of Ice and Fire. 

A story. 

Of ice.

And

Fire.

So, the whole story is about John Snow, since he's born of fire and ice? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

oh yea, the tree children girls - all part of the lead-up to Hodor holding the door... right?

Yeah, that was all during the visit to the 3 eyed raven when they med the children of the forest.  Not sure about the chronology of when it happened but yes, that was all the same time frame.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I hope they unpack all this stuff more - it where the real details of the story telling are. I've had enough of Cersei's resting bitch face. I'm good there. Also good on the whole Littlefinger is up to something, but never gets around to it happening really. I'd like them to go as deep into the magic, time travel, and what-not as they've gone into Tyrion liking booze and Theon having a big schlong. Those things are apparently important enough to be focused on in multiple episodes... but explaining the white walkers after 7 years? Nah. 

Agreed.  It was my biggest beef when I started watching the show.  They seemed focused on the eye candy, shock stuff (nudity, gory killings, vulgar material) rather than the meat of the details that make the story great.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of wizardry, dragons and sh*t like that.  I like sci-fi but that's a little too much for me.  Like for example, when the Red Witch released her Vagina on Renly, I legit almost stopped watching.  The dragons scenes, kill me.  The face Dany makes no matter the situation.  Some of it I just cant get over but the story has just become so involved and intense that I'm completely hooked.  However, I agree, I wish they'd have spent a little more time diving deeper into not only what is happening now (white walkers, etc) but also expand a little more than 1 vision from Bran on the Mad King, Roberts Rebellion, who was Rhaegar, Ned's brother and sister, etc.  

Another example, Varys plays a huge role in this story.  His past, would be seriously cool to explore. 

IDK - nit picking but I agree, they could probably drop some of the silly sh*t and get a little deeper. 

On 7/24/2017 at 8:44 AM, T0mShane said:

Best news to come from the episode: elimination of those awful actresses playing the Sand sisters, and the promise of getting rid of Grey Worm, who sucks, but who just fell into the fur trap.

They're starting to get dangerously close to the Walking Dead with their attention to characters who just flat out suck, boring and dont do a damn thing for the plot.  Granted, they dont take entire episodes off to focus on them, they still give you 5 unnecessary minutes of what I guess they think is entertaining or interesting or cool but it's not and its stupid and they could have done more with the time they have each week.  That scene with Grey Worm was completely pointless.  We get it.  They love each other and are going to ****.  She did have a fantastic body though but what a waste of time. 

And yes, the Sand Sisters were terrible.  How many times do you think the audience wants to hear them have a dick measuring contest about how many people they'll kill and who is badder than the other blah blah blah.  I was very depressed when they kept 2 of them alive.  I mean, they kept the hottie so hopefully she's get naked again but otherwise, they're terrible.  I didnt need to know the Queen wanted to go all lesbo with ugliest bitch on the show either.  Another pointless use of 5 minutes.  

If Theon doesnt have some sort of amazing twist about how he helps the North or something, I'm going to be completely confused on his existence in this show other to show that he's a stupid coward traitor with a big dick that was tortured for no apparent reason.  I actually thought we'd finally see the Greyjoy's die and they didnt and that sucks.   

Both episodes have been very meh, thus far.  The fight scene was one of the worst we've seen too, stupid and cheesy.  I'm on the fence about Euron.  I enjoyed his jabs at Jamie but if that scene was a peek into who he is, then he's going to be stupid and boring.  Nothing on Bran.  Nothing really on Arya other than learning her bastard brother is King of the North and her Wolf is around somewhere.  Basically, the only thing that came out of this episode is; Snow is meeting Dany, Euron has the Sand Queen and Sam is picking scabs off Jorah and that Snow's mentor in the Nights Watch was Jorah's father (not sure if we knew that or not till last night).  I guess to a lesser extent Sam's father aligning to the Lannisters is intriguing.  Otherwise, very meh from the first 2 episodes.  

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think only one Sand sister remains, but I have to agree with you on the first two episodes. It seems like a lot of ham-handed table setting so far without much exciting going on, but that's kinda how every season starts, then the third episode includes a major event and it gets back on track. Not loving Euron, either--seems like a continuation of Ramsay but a lot more one-note. I'm hoping that Jon meeting Danaerys, along with Tyrion/Varys getting after Littlefinger again, will be pretty meaty.

So far, Ramsay seems a lot darker and twisted in a calm cool and collected manner whereas Euron seems more of the obnoxious, in your face, one liner, wide eyed run of the mill crazy guy...hey, look at me, I'm crazy.  It's been done a million times before and it's boring but we'll see.  You are right, they do tend to start the seasons off a little slow.

When Dany started questioning Vary's, I thought for a second he was a goner.  Which would suck because I think he's great and one of the more interesting characters.  I'd love to know more about his background and how he came to be the Spider.  It will be interesting to see how Dany responds to the old Lady's advice.  She's getting it from everywhere. Also, if Sam is able to heal Jorah, that could become interesting as well.  2 of their most loyal subjects are clearly going to form some type of bond and Dany demanded Jorah to find a cure to the gray scale.  If Sam was actually the one who found it for him, all those little factor (Tyrion and Snow's relationship) could lead to a union of allies. 

It amazes me Littlefinger is still alive.  For a split second I thought Snow as going to kill him.  He's clearly up to something, so we'll see where that goes but I got a feeling John ends up regretting not killing him right there and then when he had the chance.

Out of boredom, a few times I've gone back to the some of the earlier episodes and I have to hand it to them...they do a great job of developing relationships in the show early, that could have huge impact later.  Tyrion/Snow,  Brienne/Jamie, Dany/Jorah, the Hound/the Stark girls, etc.  They could all come full circle. 

8 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Theon has no dick lol I thought Reek was bound to resurface and had to rewind a couple of times and watch how he bailed overboard when the ax was to his sisters throat.  That form as he jumped overboard was ******* hysterical, like a true gimp that he is.  In real life, Theon's sister is a popular british pop singer, so there is that.

On a separate note, loved the cameo of "Billy" from Black Sails in the episode as lord tully's right hand man. love me some black sails.

Well yeah it was big dick to no dick.  lol  Either way, a lot of effort to remind us of both.  That whole fight scene was just cartoonish cheesy.  Might as well just bring in Capt. Jack Sparrow and have a ball but whatever.  The interesting thing about that moment where Theon is, it was actually the right decision.  He wasnt going to defeat Euron.  Euron would have certainly killed him and there was no guarantee Euron wouldnt have killed his sister too.  If that happened, there are no ties to the Iron Throne other than Euron.  We already know that wasnt their entire fleet, so technically, Theon could be the person who leads the remaining Iron Throne not associated with Euron again now that his sister is prisoner. Making him essentially be the person to go back to the Queen, tell her what happened and once again save the day in a weird cowardly way. Otherwise, I just dont understand the purpose of his character at all. 

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

Yup, that is so GoT style. Some relatively new character steps in and whoops up on established characters like he was their dad(or dad's brother). Part of what I like about it. At least this time they gave you some history of that character.  With this series it isnt surprising to have someone step into a huge moment in one episode and not learn who he is until the next episode. I havent read the books so I have a couple of go to people with my questions.  I was sure that Jon and Khallissi would wind up ruling all as king and queen until i was informed that Rob is her nephew.  Not sure if that will prevent them from getting together but bran knows so if Jon knew he may not be on board with it.

Well, they also talk about in the show that the Targayen's practiced incest for years to keep their blood lines pure.  Cersi referenced that numerous times back when it seemed like she had some moral compass and questioned if her and Jamie were a mistake.  Not saying that they'll use that logic and get together but I guess it is possible. Or, like what's going on in the North, they rule side by side as brother and sister or Aunt and Nephew.  That said, I dont see this ending at all because it seems to reasonable and appealing to all and I doubt GoT goes that route.

Their meeting is definitely an interesting one.  I got a feeling they dont unite.  I dont know how though or why, I just do.  Of all the story lines, that one I have the least feel for because I think they're going to do something nobody was expecting.  Maybe she kills Snow before realizing he was her nephew.  I dont know but I dont think they're going to do predictable.

The only predictable thing I see happening is Jamie or Tyrion kill Cersi.  And that's only because that was her prophecy as a child and thus far, that prophecy has been spot on.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company