prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

A good episode on HBO setting up the story for Season 5 OR so it felt. It's like the story wants us to have someone to hate. So Joffrey/Tywin hatred replaced by Bolton father/son hatred.

Well they are pretty easy to hate, so it's not hard. 

This is playing out how I anticipated.

Cersei: Why are you throwing me in here?!

INCEST

CerseI; Oh right, that 

• Upvote 1

I always wondered if dragons can spew fire why doesn't it burn their tongue, teeth, gums and face.  No soot deposits too. Just wondering.

Maybe their throats are lined with asbestos? 

• Upvote 1

well im not backing stannis anymore

well im not backing stannis anymore

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series. 

In a show that has had some effed up stuff in it, that was the far and away the most ghastly thing yet.

As a father to two beautiful daughters....just holy f ucking s hit. 

The feels :( 

cBoIBpl.jpg

ph3urCi.jpg

bahTt2k.png

Woah, blast from the JI past. 

Are we ever going to get a funny/stupid/cool pic thread here?

LOL, no need - Bombdirt is killing it in here, I can't compete. I know my place.  :character0053:

• Upvote 1

They are running low on Lannisters.

They are running low on everyone. 

bfa229a93afda22d80e994edb031e1a3.jpg

What if Stannis was never executed? They didn't show it on the screen. And they certainly dont shy away from things of a graphic nature.

2 hours ago, Alk said:

I interrupt The Walking Dead thread to bring you something even more relevant.  A Season 6 Game of Thrones trailer!!

Nice, can't wait.

In case that went too fast for everyone, here is an album of all the stills 

http://imgur.com/a/QdqLU

53 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The dude playing Ramsay Bolton is killing it.  Just an amazing performance.

He makes Joffrey seem like a girl scout

• Upvote 1

Max Von Sydow as the 3-eyed raven is fantastic, just a perfect fit. 

Also future potential spoilers regarding who Jon Snow's mother really is - they have already started teasing this for Episode 3 of this season - 

While every viewer of “Game of Throne” knows that Jon Snow is the bastard son of Ned Stark of Winterfell, nobody knows his mother.

Based on the fantasy novel series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” Lyanna Stark, Ned’s sister, was already betrothed to Robert Baratheon. But she was abducted by Rhaegar Targaryen, the son of the Mad King, Aerys Targaryen, before they got married.

That prompted Robert Baratheon to wage a war against Aerys Targaryen and eventually winning for him the Iron Throne.

Rhaegar kept Lyanna at the Tower of Joy in Dorne before leading his army in the Battle of Trident where he was eventually killed by Robert Baratheon, details the International Business Times.

Ned Stark went south to get the last holdouts to pledge fealty to Baratheon. He arrived at the Tower of Joy to find three knights of the Kingsguard and a battle ensued. After the battle, only Ned Stark and his best friend Howland Reed survived. Ned found his sister Lyanna dying in a bed of blood apparently after giving birth to a boy. She also has a dying wish. The secret was accordingly Jon Snow and she made her brother promised that no one will know her and Rhaegar’s secret.

Apparently, Lyanna was not kidnapped but she and Rhaegar were actually in love. They actually eloped and were trying to flee from their respective responsibilities in their respective kingdoms and decided to settle in Dorne. Their love has brought forth a son, which Ned eventually claimed to be his bastard son.

With that being said, Jon Snow is actually the nephew of Daenerys Targaryen as the Queen of the Dragons is the younger sister of Rhaegar.

Based on the photos and trailers of Season 6, the Tower of Joy will indeed be featured but it is still unclear whether the TV series will delve deeper into the theory or reserve it in the next season or Season 8.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

*** SPOILERS ***

Lots of turnover of power going on. As predictable as JS Rising was, it was still great. Intrigued by the emergence of Lord Greyjoy's brother, and what that'll mean with Theon returning to Iron Isles to be with his sister. Davos has emerged a new favorite character of mine, he's sort of bringing that "weathered, honorable and righteous" presence that was lost with Ned Stark in S1. Snow, Tyrion and Danny all being set on the path towards being dragon riders, me thinks. I love that the bastards and unwanted are the power players. Red woman should show her goods every episode, seriously. This season's episodes have felt a bit procedural, but have been awesome just the same. 

And her ass is incredible too 

rGW7AMF.gif

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What is that a clip from?

I wish I knew...but it's one of my favorite gifs of all time now. 

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Ramsey killing Roose was a bit of a surprise.   His feeding his baby brother and step mom to the dogs, awful, but expected.

I think Lord Friendzone is going to save the Khaleesi, and she'll come back to find Tyrion drinking with the dragons.

Did not see that coming, I wish Roose had more of a gruesome death thanks to his part in the Red Wedding. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Wow, last night.

Can not believe that Rickon got turned over to Ramsey, or that his Dire Wolf is dead.   That REALLY threw me.  How can I hate and love a show so much?  Just, wow.

Really, really good episode.  Seeing all the old Stark Banner Men turning on the Starks.  Flashback to Ned getting to the tower, a 7-2 fight that the 2 guys almost.... win.  

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I think he lives.

Maybe Jon Snow takes an army of wildlings and a Giant down, or sneaks in, or something.

Where is Little Finger?!?!

Based on the preview for next weeks he finally makes an appearance, it looks like he's in the Erie. 

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This season rocks. The Jon/Sansa reunion hit me right in the feels.

Pretty amazing, isn't it the first time they have been on screen together since season 1? Long time coming. 

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show,so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We did the same up through the first three seasons a few years back. Stopped right before the red wedding episode because it was late and she got tired, after she went to bed I couldn't help myself and watched, when I climbed into bed an hour later I couldn't sleep from being so hyped up. She still won't let me forget that one.

My wife has a habit of nodding off (like, a lot) - and she has done this numerous times during some of the more important and jaw-dropping episodes -it was really annoying - she did this when:

-Ned Stark got beheaded

-Jamie gets his hand cut off

-The Red Wedding

-Joffrey's death

-Oberyn vs The Mountain

-Brienne vs The Hound

I'm sure there are others, those are the most notable to me. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold assumes Jon wins, and the Greyjoys stay out of it entirely. The least interesting story going right now is the High Sparrow vs. the Lannisters. The only part of that which is enjoyable is Marjorie's grandmother... that woman is just like Dinklage, absolutely owns every scene she's in.

Hmmm...maybe not. I saw this theory posted about Tommen & the High Sparrow on Reddit. (copied below) 

I agree though Lady Olenna kills it in every scene. 

-------------------------

It's my belief that the High Sparrow told Tommen about the Tyrells' involvement in Joffrey's murder. Judging by the tears in his eyes when he's about to tell Cersei, it seemed to be the worst possible news. I believe it's Ser Loras who revealed this information as he seemed absolutely broken by his solitary confinement.

Immediately after Tommen tells her the news, Cersei and Jaime show up to the small council with a plan to invite the Tyrell army into King's Landing to deal with the Seven and protect Margaery from a talk of atonement. I believe this is a ruse by Cersei to draw the Tyrells into her scheme.

Why would Cersei do this? It accomplishes multiple things and is quite an ingenious move but may backfire terribly if the Tyrells are ready for it.

The Tyrells picking a fight with the Seven will create unrest among its followers/citizens of King's Landing. They will turn on and blame the Tyrells with the Lannisters "standing down." This creates a war between two of Cersei's least favorite factions: the citizens of King's Landing who treated her like garbage during her walk of atonement, and the family responsible for her son's murder. Every dead body is a win.

The Lannister army is now in perfect position to finish off the Tyrells and enact revenge for their fallen king. The dissolution of the Seven and the deaths of Loras, Margaery, Lady Olenna, and the High Sparrow would be the sprinkles on top of Cersei's revenge sundae.

This could all backfire, however, if the Tyrell army is allowed inside the walls of King's Landing, ready themselves to overtake the Lannister army, and claim the Iron Throne for themselves.

I didn't see anyone mention this theory anywhere, but it immediately came to mind after that small council scene. Will be curious to see this play out.

Edit to add: I think there are a few interesting additional tidbits, and this could solely be my confirmation bias speaking and reading too much between the lines, but it's interesting nonetheless.

1) During the conversation between the High Sparrow and Margaery about his past, he mentions a feast, drinking wine, sleeping bodies on the floor, and the endless struggle to maintain his position. Some interesting symbolism at play here.

2) When Tommen speaks with Cersei, she says that "Margaery's safety is paramount" and he immediately asks her "You don't like Margaery, do you?" almost in a way that implies "You were right about her." Then Cersei mentions that queens and kings demand respect and the High Sparrow doesn't respect them. Immediately after this is when Tommen says that he has to tell her a secret the High Sparrow told him. I read this in a way that Tommen's about to prove her wrong about the High Sparrow. Joffrey was king and the High Sparrow has gotten to the bottom of the true killer's identity. "See, ma? He does care about kings and queens!" The High Sparrow seems to be manipulating Tommen, and this information is the trump card that will keep him in Tommen's (and hopefully Cersei's) good graces.

3) During the small council scene, Jaime says "The King has been talking regularly to the High Sparrow about the queen and Ser Loras." It doesn't seem as if Tommen would be bothered by a walk of atonement from this comment. Almost like the High Sparrow has flipped Tommen to his side against his wife and brother-in-law.

4) Also during the small council scene, notice the look on Cersei's face when Lady Olenna mentions "Many will die no matter what we do. Better them than us." Cut to: smug satisfaction on Cersei's face as if to say "I hope there's many deaths, and you'll be one of them." And as someone else has pointed out, Rains of Castamere is playing in the background.

5) As /u/spurs-r-us points out, when Tommen is about to tell Cersei the secret, she holds her hand to his heart and Joffrey's ring is showing dead center in frame.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Been saying it for a long time. People have loathed Joffrey and Ramsay and Tywin...etc. But Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in Westeros by a mile.

So many of these characters just own the screen when they are on it in this show, I cant even fathom dozing off like my wife does when we're watching lol. Littlefinger is definitely one of them for sure. 

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

So basically all of the best moments in the show's history.  That's hilarious.

LOL, yes. Also the part when Danerys emerges from the fire with the baby dragons too, forgot that one. 

And when Tyrion kills Shae and his father.....lol 

Another great episode - saw this cool theory on reddit about The Mad King:

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this as a possibility but after tonight’s episode I’m leaning more towards it being a probability.

Bran and friends are the voices in the mad king’s head.

We’ve now seen Bran’s ability to influence the past (or, confirm it depending on how time travel paradoxes are solved in GOT). We’ve seen the link between the past and present BREAK Hodor’s mind, turning him into a simpleton. I don’t think madness is a far stretch from this.

If you remember Jaime’s testimony, the mad king just kept repeating “burn them all.” What if he didn’t mean King’s Landing and the rebels? What if Bran somehow either accidentally or purposefully lets him see the army of the dead? Someone could be yelling something akin to “burn them all” just like tonight’s “hold the door.”

In the season six trailer we see someone in shadow getting stabbed in the back. Lots of people think this is Jaime doing his stabby stabby kingslaying thing. The only time we see flashbacks are through Bran’s visions. A man going mad with voices in his head in a Bran flashback? I’ll be shocked if thats a coincidence.

On a more broad speculative front, I’m curious to see if Bran’s job is going to be making sure history happens the way it happened or something time lord-esque like that. The Tree Eyed Raven said it was time for Bran to “become him.” Was his job watching history and influencing it to make sure it happened how it was supposed to? Ahhhh time paradoxes. What an episode. Hold the door.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

hodor. i loved the episode i just hope time travel is not a reacouring thing.

I have a feeling it will be. And quite honestly I like it. I love the fact to be able to go back and see the events that transpired in the past that they've talked about.

I have a feeling they will be flashing back to Jamie killing the Mad King as well as other events. 

• Upvote 2

Thoughts on last nights episode?

-CleganeBowl is still going to be a thing

-Anyone else think that wasn't Arya that got stabbed? 

-Lady Olenna better get the **** out of Dodge.

-The Stark army is looking pretty thin at this point, The Starks can't very well go near Riverrun to meet up with the Blackfish while it is surrounded by Lannister troops.I wonder if Sansa turns to Littlefinger and the Eyrie for much needed troops. Also if they are camping out where Stannis made camp, only a matter of time before Davos finds out what happened to Shireen :( 

-Lyanna Mormont nailed that ******* scene

-There is going to be lots of deaths next week!

Edit: There is evidence to support that Lady Stoneheart joins the fray

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-theory-proves-lady-stoneheart-is-coming-to-game-of-thrones_us_574dc491e4b02912b240e15e

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yep. I bet that Arya learned how to master the whole "faceless girl" routine, and threw a fake arya into Bravos to keep Jaquen and that psycho bitch at bay while the real Arya fled the scene with her needle. I also sense an Arya-Clegane reunion. 

Also, Yara not getting to be King of the ironborns cuz she's a woman is just wrong.

She's clearly a man. 

I've been reading that could be SexyJesus instead, because maybe he is testing both Arya and the Waif, and doesn't trust the Waif due to her hatred of Arya.

He told her to make sure she doesn't suffer, so she ignores him and just stabs her in the stomach a few times. 

• Upvote 2

Looks like these are the remaining episode titles, so I suspect that Arya's storyline gets wrapped up next week, battle for Winterfell the following week, and I'm guessing we might see white walkers again in the finale (just guessing).

Season 6, episode 8: “Niemand” (“No One”)

Season 6, episode 9:  “Die Schlacht der Bastarde” (“The Battle of the Bastards”)

Season 6, episode 10: “Die Winde des Winters” (“The Winds of Winter”)

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company