prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

If everyone wants I will edit the title so people know spoilers.  I could do that.  

Can we just use the other thread which already says "Beware Spoilers"? That way there's less clutter on the boards with new threads for different shows, and we can generate more discussion on a variety of shows all at once. Just a thought.

Agreed,

I can't stand Arya anymore now with the Hound gone. All this faceless BS is agonizing.

Agreed and agreed.

Throughout all of the seasons, the only real reasons I've truly enjoyed watching GoT is for the Westeros and Winterfell plots (and the girls, obviously). 

The whole Bran/Hodor plotline has been a snoozefest, the white-walkers plotline is nowhere near the kind of stuff I enjoy, Dorne flat out sucks, Arya's plotline was fun when she was with the Hound and could be awesome with the house of black and white, but it leaves so much to be desired. The only other storyline that is someone interesting is Jon Snow's. 

They need to cut out all the extra fluff and focus on Westeros and the Stark children. 

I would say easily the best episode this season.

Watching Cersei lap up water from the floor.......priceless.

Agreed. I wouldn't go with best episode ever, but certainly best of this season.

Arya's plot is finally starting to scratch the surface of its potential as a storyline, Cercei's scenes were extremely satisfying, and while the fight scenes were all fun to watch, that final shot of Jon Snow looking some combination of helpless/hopeless/horrified/fatigued/defeated was must-see-TV.

All of that however is secondary to what I thought were the best parts of the episode and possibly the best parts of the season: The Daenerys/Tyrion scenes- the first at the beginning of the episode when Tyrion and Jorah are 'on trial', and the second "spokes on a wheel" scene. 

Riveting stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think that giant got infected or something? Walked off a little woozy there.

Will there be more giants? I feel like they will need more giants to beat the ice zombies and their king. That one giant with one log didn't do much damage.

Can giants swim in GoT? Cuz that giant just walked into the water like he knew somebody, and next thing you know in the previews for next week, he's at the wall with Jon Snow...like, how he do dat?

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series. 

As a father to two beautiful daughters....just holy f ucking s hit. 

The feels :(

cBoIBpl.jpg

ph3urCi.jpg

bahTt2k.png

Looks like he has no arms.

Woah, blast from the JI past. 

Are we ever going to get a funny/stupid/cool pic thread here?

• Upvote 1

What if Stannis was never executed? They didn't show it on the screen. And they certainly dont shy away from things of a graphic nature.

Yea, I thought the same thing. He's not dead. That's the only reason they'd cut away. After having to watch Ned, Robb, and now Jon be brutally murdered (executed for Ned), the only plausible reason not to show Stannis' death is because it hasn't happened yet. 

And yea, Jon is dead. For now. But he'll be resurrected by the butterface witch. 

maybe when stannis said, "do your duty" she realized her current duty is to protect Sansa.  

her duty to protect renly is done.  she failed.  her duty isn't revenge.

so she swung her sword at the tree above stannis and ran back to get sansa.

Yep.

Agree on all accounts, especially the bold. 

Agreed, but then again, I'd say those two are everyone's favies. 

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

*** SPOILERS ***

Lots of turnover of power going on. As predictable as JS Rising was, it was still great. Intrigued by the emergence of Lord Greyjoy's brother, and what that'll mean with Theon returning to Iron Isles to be with his sister. Davos has emerged a new favorite character of mine, he's sort of bringing that "weathered, honorable and righteous" presence that was lost with Ned Stark in S1. Snow, Tyrion and Danny all being set on the path towards being dragon riders, me thinks. I love that the bastards and unwanted are the power players. Red woman should show her goods every episode, seriously. This season's episodes have felt a bit procedural, but have been awesome just the same. 

The scene between Tyrion, Rhaegal, and Viserion was top 5 all time GoT good. 

Anytime Dinklage is in a scene, it somehow automatically becomes my favorite scene of the episode. It's no wonder some of my other favorite scenes of the series are also centered around him: the literal game of thrones in season 3 episode 3; the court scene; the scene with joffery at the battle of blackwater...

47 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm the help. Please don't eat the help.

I drink and I know things. It's what I do.

46 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

Rick's Direwolf being burnt alive.....sad face emojis EVERYWHERE. 

I don't know that I can handle another Ramsay torture sesh; although the dude that plays Ramsay might be the best actor on the entire show. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I drink, and I know things. It's what I do. I love that man 

Ahhhhh you beat me to it!

9 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Found this really cool map & recap of Robert Baratheon's rebellion; really helps to fill in the gaps on anything you might have missed

(Imgur gallery)

http://imgur.com/a/jfhjD

Finally got some time to check this out...awesome stuff. Thanks for the post!

Also - how sick would it have been if Tyrion somehow managed to get Missandei and Grey Worm to play a westeros/meereen version of Kings?

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This season rocks. The Jon/Sansa reunion hit me right in the feels.

Jon/Sansa reunion was awesome.

Dany (and according to the internet, it was really her - no body double) actually having a legit reason to be in an episode for the first time all season: finally!! And YAAAAAS.

Tyrion brokering diplomacy in a land that knows no such thing, and then having to explain it to the two people he had on his side....amazing. 

Ramsay doing Ramsay things.....again, he's probably the best actor on the series, because I hate him more than anyone. Even more than Jof.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think they actually even had a scene together save for Robert's arrival in episode 1. Jon leaves for the wall in episode 2 if I remember correctly. 

I watched in on HBOGo, and they have like 5 minutes after the next episode's previews where they get the writers to comment on the three most important scenes (according to them) of each episode. On that, the writers said that it was the first time they had ever been on screen together.

If I recall correctly, even during Robert's arrival, Jon was probably not lined up with the rest of them, cuz you know...bastard status and such. 

39 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show,so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

Man, my fiance and I both love the show, and even then we're both so excited to rewatch every single episode together from the start. 

Both of us binged (separately) to get on track before the start of season 5, so we both are extremely hazy on the first 4 seasons...watching it was like a blur. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

She must think this show is crazy boring. 

All she sees are people talking and a dwarf in a whore house.

Where's the boring?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PLO said:

If you've got a spare few hours or more its worth going through some of the Preston Jacobs youtube vids - not the actual episode ones but the "theory" series he puts up from time to time. He's read the GRR Martin's entire oevre and there are consistent plot-lines that come up, so, for example, the "pink letter" we saw in the last episode is interesting in that its probably not actually written by Ramsey Bolton, Jacobs has read all of Martin's work extremely carefully - its very interesting where the series is actually headed in that this showdown of dragons vs "the others" or whatever probably isn't going to happen. Its also interesting to know who the others actually are and why they do what they do. Looking at these I have new-found respect for GRR Martin (he's almost a Tolstoy of fantasy writing) - its a shame in one way he's too preoccupied with the Winds of Winter to add to the 4 episodes he's written so far for the TV series.

I actually commented on that to my fiancé- saying that it was odd how quickly they got the letter after Sansa arrived, and also how aggressive it was. Ramsay is the calm, reserved, never shows his true colors type of psychopath; not the overtly abrasive one the letter made him out to be.

Would it really surprise anyone if it was actually LilFinga doin Baelish things and pulling the strings from behind the scenes- especially after the Riverrun 'insight' and "half-brother" comment from tonight's episode?

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Another great episode - saw this cool theory on reddit about The Mad King:

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this as a possibility but after tonight’s episode I’m leaning more towards it being a probability.

Bran and friends are the voices in the mad king’s head.

We’ve now seen Bran’s ability to influence the past (or, confirm it depending on how time travel paradoxes are solved in GOT). We’ve seen the link between the past and present BREAK Hodor’s mind, turning him into a simpleton. I don’t think madness is a far stretch from this.

If you remember Jaime’s testimony, the mad king just kept repeating “burn them all.” What if he didn’t mean King’s Landing and the rebels? What if Bran somehow either accidentally or purposefully lets him see the army of the dead? Someone could be yelling something akin to “burn them all” just like tonight’s “hold the door.”

In the season six trailer we see someone in shadow getting stabbed in the back. Lots of people think this is Jaime doing his stabby stabby kingslaying thing. The only time we see flashbacks are through Bran’s visions. A man going mad with voices in his head in a Bran flashback? I’ll be shocked if thats a coincidence.

On a more broad speculative front, I’m curious to see if Bran’s job is going to be making sure history happens the way it happened or something time lord-esque like that. The Tree Eyed Raven said it was time for Bran to “become him.” Was his job watching history and influencing it to make sure it happened how it was supposed to? Ahhhh time paradoxes. What an episode. Hold the door.

Amazing.

13 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Amazing episode, one of the best in a while. I think it's shaping up pretty well that Bran is the "Winds of Winter." Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be the 3ER. Arya is undoubtedly going to leave her weird little dojo, as it's clear she's becoming disenchanted with the many-faced god and a girl still cares about her family. 

The Arya storyline went from one of the best to one of the worst in a matter of these past two seasons. I can't wait till she's rid of this no-one crap and goes and unearths her needle and sticks it to one of her enemies. 

Also, I realized why I enjoyed "The Door" so much more than any of the other amazing episodes this season (to be fair, this has been a topnotch season so far): No wasted minutes this week on the absurdly boring and stupid Westeros storyline. 

21 hours ago, chirorob said:

I also love how the show is done point of view.  Because it's not black and white.   Tywin wasn't evil, he was looking out for his family.   Even the white walkers, they were magically captured and changed into what they are now.   Of course they want revenge and to take over and spread.

20 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

That's pretty much exactly how RR Martin writes. He's been quoted many times saying that no one but Tolkien could write black and white, good vs evil without sounding cheesy and cliche. The storyline has repeatedly shown that even the most evil/ruthless people have done things for their loved ones etc. Except Ollie. That little f*cker deserves everything he got.

All kidding aside, there definitely won't be a one side vs the other battle with a clear cut victory. It'll be like kingdom of heaven where one side just gives in for his people:  Jon Snow/Targaeryn will marry some white walker's princess to keep the peace, after everyone you love is already dead, or something like that. 

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think it'll also end, where a few of the defeated side escape, showing how it starts all over again.  That nothing ever ends.

7 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see some happy ending riding off into the sunset sht. It will be a messy limping into the birthing of our current oligarchy platform or something like that. 

Great stuff, fellas!

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Thoughts on last nights episode?

-CleganeBowl is still going to be a thing

-Anyone else think that wasn't Arya that got stabbed? 

-Lady Olenna better get the **** out of Dodge.

-The Stark army is looking pretty thin at this point, The Starks can't very well go near Riverrun to meet up with the Blackfish while it is surrounded by Lannister troops.I wonder if Sansa turns to Littlefinger and the Eyrie for much needed troops. Also if they are camping out where Stannis made camp, only a matter of time before Davos finds out what happened to Shireen :( 

-Lyanna Mormont nailed that ******* scene

-There is going to be lots of deaths next week!

Edit: There is evidence to support that Lady Stoneheart joins the fray

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-theory-proves-lady-stoneheart-is-coming-to-game-of-thrones_us_574dc491e4b02912b240e15e

Yep. I bet that Arya learned how to master the whole "faceless girl" routine, and threw a fake arya into Bravos to keep Jaquen and that psycho bitch at bay while the real Arya fled the scene with her needle. I also sense an Arya-Clegane reunion. 

Also, Yara not getting to be King of the ironborns cuz she's a woman is just wrong.

She's clearly a man. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

I don't mind Lara, she's a badass and is tougher than Theon ever was. 

**** Theon. Yara is awesome. Hope she wins the Iron Islands herself. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Even though you know how Robert's Rebellion ends, that could make a great series.  Robert and Ned going off to live in the Vale, the Mad King descending into madness, young Jaime and Cersei.  Rhaegar and Lyanna. 

I haven't read a single word of the books, but everything the show has offered about the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion is so fascinating to me. I really hope they dive into that big time with Bran's realtime flashbacks next season. 

Whether they do or don't though, it would be a really cool spinoff. 

43 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Biggest thing is, he wasn't always mad.  Then he starts his descent, something happens, he becomes paranoid, and goes really nuts.  Like what he does to Ned's father/brother. 

"You want a trial by combat?  Fine, my champion is fire."  (that is also in the show, so no spoilers there)

Exactly. 

I want to see this transformation. I also want to learn about Raeghar and Lyanna and young Ned. I want to see the battles for Robert's rebellions. I want to see this amazing fighter that the Blackfish was supposed to be, and why Jon Arryn was killed off in the first episode of the series. I want to see Westeros before Jaime and Cercei. Apart from that, I want to know more about the children of the forest and what they were up to between the time they created the night king and the time this series started. In fact, I want to see what caused them to create the night king (I know they explained this earlier this season, but I want to see the roots of it). I want to know what the hell is up with the three eyed raven who apparently could see the entire history and future of the Thrones world, but couldn't see Bran reaching for that root. I want his origin story. And (according to one fan theory) I want to see if present day Bran really is the "talking wind" that caused Aerys to go "mad" in the first place, setting off all of the rest of this. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wow.

Well, that would be a long story.  The Children of the Forrest made the White Walkers about 8000 years ago in the first war with the men.  They also tried to rip the continent in half and failed.  Jon Arryn was killed because he realized that Cersei's kids were not Robert's, hence "the seed is strong", but that is in the series.  If you get into back stories, read Wikipedia of Fire and Ice.  It has everything about any character ever mentioned.  It's addicting. 

But I agree.   To see Rhaegar, to see young Robert, who was this great, powerful man, who didn't use a sword but a giant war hammer. 

And further back, to see what happened to Old Valyria, how it was destroyed, how the Targaryens escaped, and how they took over with their dragons.  To watch the dragon show up and MELT Harrenhall.  Melt the stone castle towers. 

Yes, so much this too. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also the one thing we need to be talking about is why the **** didn't Rickon zig-zag? Wasn't that obvious enough even for such a stupid little sh*t like him? Who the hell runs straight when they're getting shot at by arrows?

Fastest point from point A (ramsay) to point B (Jon racing towards him) is a straight line...prolly thought he could outrun the arrows and was just a scared little kid who just wanted to get to Jon asap?

Dude, even if he ran serpentine with Captain America's shield on his back and Potter's invisibility cloak, Ramsay was gonna kill him. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company