prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

Anyone catch the first episode?  So much action last year I just assumed someone was going to die in this episode.  That dam Jon Snow is probably going have some witch sex soon   :winking0001:

I like that it is starting to move away from the books a little, so things are more of a surprise.  Kind of a tame 1st episode.

I could't help myself but watch the leaked episodes. Don't worry, no spoilers from me. Other than to say the red women has a GREAT BODY. 

We already knew that.  Now that Khaleesi is keeping her cloths on, the Red Woman is going to pick up the slack I think.

Stannis the f*cking Mannis.

Rightful King of the Seven Kingdoms and Father of the Year.

They did a great job that episode of making Stannis likable.  He is who he is.  Stone cold, unflexible, stick up his a$$.  And, for the love of the 7 gods, don't F with his KID!!

And... pretty much confirmed... John Snow is NOT Ned's kid.

They've pretty much skipped a book in some areas, most of Feast for Crows was cut seemingly. Some other storylines are pretty much entirely caught up. They were obviously going to have to cut something but I think they've filtered out some of the wrong stuff. 

I hated a Feast for Crows.  It was long and boring, and a bunch of crap that I could do without.

They are shifting away from the books a bit, which makes it more exciting, because now I don't know everything that is going to happen.

This is a thread about the show. Not everyone has read the books. Myself included. Thanks for that.

I didn't say anything about the books.

Stannis said, in that episode, he didn't think Ned would have a Bastard.   Littlefinger said/acted like Ned's sister wasn't kidnapped, but that Rhaegar liked/loved her.  He went past his own wife to the shock of everyone to give Lyanna the flowers.  Side note.. the books have never said anything about, so it's my conjecture based off of what was just said.

Man with the book people. The first rule of if you've read GoT is never shut up about what happens in the books to people who haven't read the books.

I did not say anything that was in the books.  I said the biggest rumor about GoT.  It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places.  I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore.   I do not know from the books who is Jon's father.  I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show.   What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

So piss off with your "book people" comments. 

You're a book person. You're making guesses based on prior knowledge. It's a dick thing to do.

There is literally nothing in book 4 or 5 about it.  Book 4 wastes hundreds of pages on the iron born, it is one of the most boring things I have ever read. 

That's like saying your a Rutgers person, so you're a dick.  Which could be true, since I also went to Rutgers.

FWIW, I don't think that it's a spoiler to guess that Ned isn't Jon's father. The singular characteristic of Ned Stark that's been driven home in this series is his integrity and his undying loyalty. I haven't read the books, and it may well turn out to be that Ned is his father, but I'd highly doubt it. Has it even been established in the books one way or the other?

The guy that I've always believed is his father probably isn't, but I'm 99% sure I know who the mother is. 

Who do you think is Jon's mom?  You can PM me if you think it's a spoiler to discuss.  I just like talking about it, and no I do not know, no one knows except the makers of the show and George RR Martin.  I just have my own theory.

A good episode on HBO setting up the story for Season 5 OR so it felt. It's like the story wants us to have someone to hate. So Joffrey/Tywin hatred replaced by Bolton father/son hatred.

To have a good story, you need a good villian.  Joff and Tywin dying killed off the 2 best villians.

Although I never really thought of Tywin as bad.  He just tries to take care of his family.

Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell coming into town to blow up Cersei's nonsense will be must-see TV. You'd have to think Cersei has it covered, though. Also want to see Brienne behead Ramsey Bolton. I'm actually a little anxious because you can sense that another major character is about to get the whack.

Cersei is a moron.  She just created an armed group of religious fanatics in her city who don't listen to the king, one of the members of which is her cousin she used to sleep with.

That scene with Sansa at the end was brutal to watch. 

The Dorne story is some of the worst television I have ever seen in my life.

All of that.  Jaime trying to sneak around, and he arrives at the same moment that Sand Snakes arrive.  Very cheesy.

Cersei's plotline makese sense to me, I agree she is a moron, but that's what makes sense. She's so used to being impetuous and hateful in all of her actions, but having her father, Jaime and even Tyrion there to guide her rage into strategic maneuvering that it insulated her. Now, we're seeing her without the male figures of her household to protect her from herself and her own rage. She'll be her own undoing, I suspect. 

Agreed. It was corny. What a waste of screen time for Bronn, who is a great character and well-acted role. 

Dorne is awful. Every bit of it, except the big dude that told Jaime "if you were whole it would have been a good fight" or whatever, that dude's character needs to be unpacked further.

Agreed, Cersei's plot line makes sense, and is a great story. 

She is what she is.  She schemes well, and can plot to take people down.  She does not have Tywin or Tyrion's ability to see long term.  She feels like she has been slighted by her father, who wanted Jaime and then Tyrion to rule, and just wanted to marry her off.  However, she is proving she does not have the ability to rule, really she isn't much better than King Robert was.  Robert could lead the rebellion, but had not ability to rule.  Cersei can plot to take people down, and can cause mayhem, but can't rule.

Agree on the big dude.  He and the Viper's brother could be good.  Instead, one just sits there, and one just guards him sitting there.

Agreed and agreed.

Throughout all of the seasons, the only real reasons I've truly enjoyed watching GoT is for the Westeros and Winterfell plots (and the girls, obviously). 

The whole Bran/Hodor plotline has been a snoozefest, the white-walkers plotline is nowhere near the kind of stuff I enjoy, Dorne flat out sucks, Arya's plotline was fun when she was with the Hound and could be awesome with the house of black and white, but it leaves so much to be desired. The only other storyline that is someone interesting is Jon Snow's. 

They need to cut out all the extra fluff and focus on Westeros and the Stark children. 

Arya's they are moving very slowly, but it should get pretty good.

Dorne is not good.  Not at all.  But the thing with the stories is book 3 was so amazing, and so much happened, but they killed so many great characters, that there is a void, and the show has the same thing. 

King Joff, Tywin, Rob Stark, the Viper, the whore, the whole dynamic of the North fighting Tywin, the crazy aunt/sister Lysa, all dead and gone.  Replaced by the awfulness of the Sand Snakes. 

Agreed. I wouldn't go with best episode ever, but certainly best of this season.

Arya's plot is finally starting to scratch the surface of its potential as a storyline, Cercei's scenes were extremely satisfying, and while the fight scenes were all fun to watch, that final shot of Jon Snow looking some combination of helpless/hopeless/horrified/fatigued/defeated was must-see-TV.

All of that however is secondary to what I thought were the best parts of the episode and possibly the best parts of the season: The Daenerys/Tyrion scenes- the first at the beginning of the episode when Tyrion and Jorah are 'on trial', and the second "spokes on a wheel" scene. 

Riveting stuff. 

All great scenes.

I like the, "I just killed thousands of people, now I raise my hands and they all raise up to join me while you run away" 

Special mention, the Giant stomping the frozen zombies was pretty cool and funny all at once.

Anyone else think that giant got infected or something? Walked off a little woozy there.

Will there be more giants? I feel like they will need more giants to beat the ice zombies and their king. That one giant with one log didn't do much damage.

I think he was hurting, but they can't hurt him too bad, he has those massively thick coats.  Maybe a few bites around the neck.

I don't know how it works, they aren't like zombies from Walking Dead.  I don't know if you die from the wounds you become one, or if you have to die near a white walker, or what.

An undead Giant would be a bitch to try and take down though....

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series. 

In a show that has had some effed up stuff in it, that was the far and away the most ghastly thing yet.

What is more fun than watching a wonderful little girl, who has been one of the few, upbeat people in the series, scream in agony because of her father.

Wow, just wow. 

Side note, I love the guys throwing spears a Drogan.  Because you KNOW the spear isn't really going to hurt him, but the fire might hurt back.

But the spears did kind of hurt him. More than I felt reasonable when asked to believe that dragons make her so powerful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spears did, but I don't think the dragon is close to fully grown.  In the show, what are they, 2 years old at the most?  Maybe not even that.   Also, he was acting more to defend her.  Imagine him bigger, constantly flying in circles, swooping, breathing fire, and on the move.  The bigger dragons fire was hot enough to melt the stone at Harrenhal, that giant castle from a few years ago.

well im not backing stannis anymore

Nope... think he's done.

Yeah, on second thought that very possibly wasn't her. I've seen 300!

That was her, she talked about doing the scene.

300 was a couple years ago, and everyone got in great shape for it. 

Spoiler Alert.

While we were focusing on how many Starks are left, a sudden realization that there are no more Baratheons.

They are running low on Lannisters.

I bet Syrio Forel is a Faceless Man.

I don't think so.   He was a well known sword master, not a "no one".

Also, becoming a sword master I would think takes a massive amount of training.  Becoming a faceless man also takes that kind of training, but in a totally different way.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I think Forel is dead. 

I think the Hound is alive, and I think Stannis is dead.  Stannis because she loved Renly so much, I think she'd love to kill Stannis. 

Yes, but it could have been anyone that serves the Many Face God wearing Syrio's face. Perhaps he was dead long before he ever "met" Arya.

Well, looking like someone and being a sword master are different things.

I don't think putting on someone's face gives you that persons skill and abilities.  Of course, I've never magically grafted someone's face over my own, so I don't really know.

On 7/19/2015 at 6:31 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Tyrion and the Hound, both in the books and shows, but then toss in Bronn for the show.  No wonder they gave him more screen time, the guy is great. 

The guy who plays Bronn is great, so they just keep him around.

Fight of the year, got to be The Hound vs. The Zombie Mountain.  Some how.   Some way

Ramsey killing Roose was a bit of a surprise.   His feeding his baby brother and step mom to the dogs, awful, but expected.

I think Lord Friendzone is going to save the Khaleesi, and she'll come back to find Tyrion drinking with the dragons.

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't tell how old she is by her face, because it would appear she's allowed her face to age naturally - which is okay - but she's got the body of a early-20 something. Damn.

She's 39.

You know, I guess as I've aged, I think a naturally aged face is just fine, especially when the person has taken care of themselves and still has a nice, athletic body.

5 hours ago, Fishooked said:

And her ass is incredible too 

rGW7AMF.gif

What is that a clip from?

31 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Did not see that coming, I wish Roose had more of a gruesome death thanks to his part in the Red Wedding. Oh well. 

It was so quick, for a half a second, I wasn't sure who stabbed who.  Ramsey showing up at Castle Black to find 1000 wildlings and a freaking Giant could be epic.

"Dogs, KILL!!!"

"Giant!!!, KILL!!!"

Side note.  The one guy who shot the Giant with an arrow, then gets splattered along the wall was awesome.   As was the guy pissing that Zombie mountain just skull crushed.

• Upvote 1

Wow, last night.

Can not believe that Rickon got turned over to Ramsey, or that his Dire Wolf is dead.   That REALLY threw me.  How can I hate and love a show so much?  Just, wow.

Really, really good episode.  Seeing all the old Stark Banner Men turning on the Starks.  Flashback to Ned getting to the tower, a 7-2 fight that the 2 guys almost.... win.  

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

I HATE THOSE LITERATE BASTARDS!!

36 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

I think he lives.

Maybe Jon Snow takes an army of wildlings and a Giant down, or sneaks in, or something.

Where is Little Finger?!?!

17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Anybody buy into the internet theory that Missandei and Greyworm are behind the rebellion in Mereen?

I'm excited for some Clegane vs. Clegane.

What else? Justice done to Arthur Dayne, who was badass in the 30 seconds of screentime....Rickon and Osha seem pretty ****ed.

No.   Missandei and Greyworm owe everything to her.  It'd make a good twist, but I don't think so.  Of course, i'm wrong a lot.

Rickon and Osha are.  I think she dies, he escapes

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Sansa has some balls now ; she wants to attack everyone !!!!!!!!!!

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

17 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show, so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

Having someone to help in the beginning is good, there are so many characters. 

I was someone who read the books, and I'm so bad with names, I had an awful time keeping people straight.  I was always flipping back and forth, at least with the faces I'm a little better.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company