prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Man with the book people. The first rule of if you've read GoT is never shut up about what happens in the books to people who haven't read the books.

I used to date this chick who would make me watch GoT with a bunch of book people. One dude "warned" me right before the Red Wedding scene. He just kinda looks across the room at me and says, "OMG bro, you're going to freak out in about ten minutes." They ruined/spoiled two other huge plot points that will supposedly be playing out later on, too. Legit dumped the chick solely based on those incidents.

• Upvote 1

I did not say anything that was in the books.  I said the biggest rumor about GoT.  It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places.  I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore.   I do not know from the books who is Jon's father.  I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show.   What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

So piss off with your "book people" comments. 

FWIW, I don't think that it's a spoiler to guess that Ned isn't Jon's father. The singular characteristic of Ned Stark that's been driven home in this series is his integrity and his undying loyalty. I haven't read the books, and it may well turn out to be that Ned is his father, but I'd highly doubt it. Has it even been established in the books one way or the other?

The guy that I've always believed is his father probably isn't, but I'm 99% sure I know who the mother is. 

I actually loved the Iron Born, Damphair aside, and hate that they were cut. I preffered them to the Martells, Oberyn aside and they've cut their main book characters too, so no idea what's going to happen in Dorne. Hopefully the Sand Snakes die for the sake of acting.

Cutting the Manderly's really hurt, especially as it would have been pretty effortless to include. Of all the things cut I can't think of anything that would have ensured two absolutely brilliant TV scenes more than White Harbour.

Nerd

• Upvote 1

Who do you think is Jon's mom? You can PM me if you think it's a spoiler to discuss. I just like talking about it, and no I do not know, no one knows except the makers of the show and George RR Martin. I just have my own theory.

I don't think it's a spoiler because it's been implied a few times in the series already, but I think Jon Snow is the reason Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark.

Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell coming into town to blow up Cersei's nonsense will be must-see TV. You'd have to think Cersei has it covered, though. Also want to see Brienne behead Ramsey Bolton. I'm actually a little anxious because you can sense that another major character is about to get the whack.

Should change his name to T0mmenShane, me thinks.

I would hastily decapitate you in single combat.

• Upvote 1

The Dorne story is some of the worst television I have ever seen in my life.

That fight scene with the Sand Chicks was brutal.

This episode stood little chance after last week, but I'm glad they seem to be wrapping up the Dorne and whatever Khaleesi was supposed to be doing story lines.

Are we allowed to hypothesize on Season Six now considering there's no existing book for it?

****PSYCHIC SPOILER***

#Don't read if you don't want your mind BLOWED#

We're aware that Melisandre resurrects Jon Snow, yes?

What if Stannis was never executed? They didn't show it on the screen. And they certainly dont shy away from things of a graphic nature.

Interesting, though I'm not sure why Brienne would spare him. She's always so honor-bound

Yea, I thought the same thing. He's not dead. That's the only reason they'd cut away. After having to watch Ned, Robb, and now Jon be brutally murdered (executed for Ned), the only plausible reason not to show Stannis' death is because it hasn't happened yet.

And yea, Jon is dead. For now. But he'll be resurrected by the butterface witch.

They also never showed The Hound or Sirio Forel die.

The first thing I said to my wife was that season 5 has a strong undercurrent of reanimation, between the undead army and the giant Kingsguard brought to life by that sorcerer guy (Cersei's dude). Add to that the Many Faced God potential... so it is totally within reason that he is brought back.

Word. You'll remember that Melisandre is from the same place as that guy who resurrected the flaming sword dude who got cut in half by The Hound.

Next season should be balls out.

--The return of badass Jamie Lannister who will, no doubt, get his groove back by killing Giant Black Axe Man

--Tyrion and Varys dealing with Sons of the Harpy and the Cersei/Littlefinger/Tyrell coalition dealing with the Sparrows

--Theon getting his shot at Ramsay Bolton

--Jon Snow potentially taking revenge on The Knight's Watch

--Snowman guy on the march.

Are Bran and Rickon still alive or what's the deal?

Bran is with Tree Guy and Rickon is still on the run with Hot Brunette Wildling Chick

My actual one complaint. We waited all season for Dany and Tyrion to hookup... and it lasted all of 1 episode. Tyrion was on the road, Dany was stuck in Mareen. Now Dany is on the road with Tyrion stuck in Mareen. Really wish to see more of the main characters interacting in the same storylines.

Seems to be a conscious decision to reset most of the characters back to Season One status. Tyrion and Varys back as covert operatives; Danaerys back on the road with the Dothraki; Sansa, Theon and Jon Snow set for an inevitable reunion; pissed-off, disgraced Jamie, etc

What's a Sirio, Forel?

Arya's swordfighting instructor who was presumably killed in Season One by the pedo Arya just shanked in the whorehouse.

• Upvote 1

After some convincing from my brother, I finally watched a few episodes last month. A few weeks later, I binge-watched it like a crack addict and find myself now waiting for Season 6 with the rest.

Interesting theories on here. I do not believe Stannis is dead and I think the Red Lady brings Snow back. That's all I have for now.

Favorite character?

If GRRM really had that Hodor thing mapped out this whole time, the mind**** reveals in the last season will be legendary.

• Upvote 2

Displeased that they killed Osha. Without question the hottest chick on the show.

On May 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM, gEYno said:

Edited by T0mShane
Godforsaken quote system

Anyone think it's likely that Varys betrayed Tyrion? Seems pretty convenient that he bails on Mereen right before a major invasion that surely Varys had to have some knowledge of. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

That red woman scared the piss outta him, so maybe he's up to some shadiness and is looking to skip town because she seemed to know something that scared the hell out of him. 

Do you mean (by "shadiness") that he's explicitly boning Tyrion, or that leaving Mereen before the invasion was coincidental?

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Real talk. I feel nothing but pity for people who don't watch this show. The past two weeks have been the most insane payoff ever and it comes from all the time of investing 6 seasons worth into everything. My GOD that episode. I was expecting a tame finale which just dealt with the ramifications of the battle, but I wasn't expecting anything close to that magnitude. Holy ******* hell. I'm still amped up.

It paid us back for Dorne, for the House of Black and White, and for all that Sparrow sh*t. I had some doubts whether they'd reward us for some of that tedium (in a way that books often don't). But, damn, that was excellent. They peeled away so much fat over the course of two episodes, and they did it with such prejudice and poetry that it retroactively validated every second of lag from the prior three seasons. I wonder to what degree that's due to the show moving beyond the books, giving the show runners more freedom to reward the viewer, as opposed to Martin, who seemed to love torturing the reader.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well said. When Cersei blew it all up, it was like she was getting revenge for all of us.

Cersei getting dressed in her Queen garb even before the wildfire ignited was ****img awesome. Reminded me in some ways of the prison murders scene from Breaking Bad where Cranston is feeding the baby.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now? TODAY?? You're not going to die today. You're not going to die for quite a while. Sir Gregor!

This is Sir Gregor. He's quiet too.

Deciding to throw Tommen's ashes in with the Sept. Low-key, glorious Cersei moment

• Upvote 2

I'd also give 1:1 odds that both the Blackfish and Stannis are alive. Those pieces of dialogue in the finale went out of their way to mention both of them. 

On 7/27/2016 at 4:50 PM, chirorob said:

Heard a weird theory, which would be awesome (though I doubt it)

What if Khaleesi goes mad?   Remember, her father wasn't in his youth, not until he got older.  Be crazy if she started to, or even if the show ended as she is showing signs of it, especially with dragons under her command.

This is the prevailing thought among the GOT nerds.

12 hours ago, JiF said:

This is true.  Again, I just dont see it...but I dont know sh*t about the books and all that.  

There's a line early on about the Targaryen family line, that they either achieve greatness or madness (something like that). Danaerys' father was The Mad King, Aerys, who burned Ned Stark's father and brother alive. The nerds believe that Daenarys is going to end up psychotic and Tyrion knows this already.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why would Tyrion align with her if he knows she's going to go crazy?  To sabotage it or to make sure he's on her good side?  He hates Kings Landing and his sister, so I dont see why he'd be trying to help them out.

The same reason Littlefinger has taken such an active interest in helping Jon Snow, I'd guess

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company