GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

9 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I liked it... They were building that tension, like there's not always full massacre/bloodshed.... So when these next ones come up they are gonna be insanity brutal. They have been setting things up in a big way. No scenes are ever wasted. Not sure why ppl need to constantly be reminded of that, but w/e. 

Arya story dragged on just a little bit for a while. They could have gotten to that earlier on this season I think, but they didn't wanna rush it, and then all of the sudden she's a badasz assassin. I get it. Makes sense. And good point about her not knowing she was spotted by the waif in the failed mission. Explains an awful lot IMO. I'm trying to figure out if the hound is becoming Gentelman Stoneheart or what... The peeing in the water scene was kind of a hint there at something IMO. And TBH, it has been too long for it to make sense that it would be actual LSH coming. Maybe Arya puts on the face and unleashes pure hell, teamed up with the hound once again on a revenge path. I really hope we see her dismember Walter Frey by the end of this season... 

+although, I DID notice how Beric told the Hound they hang them now, kind of a hint/nod at LSH... Like those are their orders. She may just not be there... interesting. And now Brienne is walking right into that LSH trap... interesting. stop teasing me you bastards! 

I believe in order to resurrect LSH, Beric needed to give his life.  So with that the mere presence of Beric would hint no LSH, no?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone think it's likely that Varys betrayed Tyrion? Seems pretty convenient that he bails on Mereen right before a major invasion that surely Varys had to have some knowledge of. 

That red woman scared the piss outta him, so maybe he's up to some shadiness and is looking to skip town because she seemed to know something that scared the hell out of him. 

5 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

That red woman scared the piss outta him, so maybe he's up to some shadiness and is looking to skip town because she seemed to know something that scared the hell out of him. 

Do you mean (by "shadiness") that he's explicitly boning Tyrion, or that leaving Mereen before the invasion was coincidental?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Do you mean (by "shadiness") that he's explicitly boning Tyrion, or that leaving Mereen before the invasion was coincidental?

Well I'm not sure I think he's trying to pull one over on Tyrion exactly, but maybe he's not really an ally to Kaleesi... Although I'm really not sure what side he would be on if not hers... I can't imagine why he would be actively trying to betray her, but that Red Lady seemed pretty skeptical of him... I dunno, didn't really cross my mind until yous said that about him knowing about it. There was some speculation before the season that he was behind the Sons Of The Harpy. 

54 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

Well I'm not sure I think he's trying to pull one over on Tyrion exactly, but maybe he's not really an ally to Kaleesi... Although I'm really not sure what side he would be on if not hers... I can't imagine why he would be actively trying to betray her, but that Red Lady seemed pretty skeptical of him... I dunno, didn't really cross my mind until yous said that about him knowing about it. There was some speculation before the season that he was behind the Sons Of The Harpy. 

I think Varys always been on the side of the Targaryeans.  (However you spell that).  I don't know in the end that Khaleesi really wants to leave there, she is a better fit on that country then in the 7 kingdoms.  I want to see that invasion fleet vs. the ships from the iron islands with the dragons.

I'm thinking that she releases the other 2, and we see 3 dragons go make a really big boat BBQ.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I think Varys always been on the side of the Targaryeans.  (However you spell that).  I don't know in the end that Khaleesi really wants to leave there, she is a better fit on that country then in the 7 kingdoms.  I want to see that invasion fleet vs. the ships from the iron islands with the dragons.

I'm thinking that she releases the other 2, and we see 3 dragons go make a really big boat BBQ.

Yeah, they're about to be coming up from behind and taking some more ships. And lookin real good for Kaleesi. 

She def wants to go West... She's too fixated on that Iron Throne for no good reason, really. 

Do you know how huge this episode is? Let me put it this way; Sunday night's Game 7 is the biggest NBA game of this millennia by a country mile, and one of the biggest games ever in the history of the league. There is about 8 billion tons of legacies and histories and sh*t on the line and nobody has any idea what's going to happen. I haven't been this psyched for a basketball game in decades.

AND I'M GOING TO MISS THE FIRST HOUR OF THAT. And mostly any NBA fan that watches GoT too will be doing the same. With no qualms and no regrets whatsoever about the decision. Curry could reign down 40 three's in the first half and I won't regret missing it. Lebron could block 10 shots and dunk from the half-court line and I wouldn't regret missing it. Nope. Sorry. Jon v Ramsay is too important. This is 6 seasons worth of television that has built up to this one moment and it basically means the show.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Davos finding that pyre, with the sun rising, was probably the most beautiful moment of the greatest single episode in television history. Jesus dude, that was unreal. 

When he found that thing, I was like "isn't that a bit of a reach?" But then I remembered that 20 minutes earlier I was cheering on a fire-proof blonde woman riding on the back of a dragon.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Greatest battle scene since Saving Private Ryan's Normandy invasion. F*ck me that was awesome. Made up for every single bit of Arya's sh*tty storyline. God damn that was great. 

Sidenote: cinematography was brilliant. Jon Snow suffocating was just phenomenal. 

There were a lot of intestines.

The Jon Snow suffocating, the way they showed it.  Brilliant.  I so totally agree with you on that.

Poor Rickon.   I'm yelling at the TV, "run serpentine!!'   Nope, another dead Stark.  But he had to die, so that Jon can become Lord of Winterfell.

My thoughts.  Who are the true villains left?  Ramsay dead.   Tywin dead.  Joffrey dead.   It's coming down to the Sparrow, and the White Walkers, and subtle Littlefinger.  I also really think Dorne invades Kings Landing.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

P.S. Yara and Mother of Dragons making ****-me eyes at each other was bonerific.

I know you hate those of us who read the books, but in the books the Mother of Dragons has no problems with that either.

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Come on man, no hints about what might be coming. 

You have passed the books by a full book.  There is no new info.  After Drogo died Khaleesi and some of her chamber maids would have some good times.  It is known.  It was also the equivalent of 3+ seasons ago, so it's not new news.

By reading the books, I know nothing that you don't know.  Actually more confused, because things are going much differently.

But it is not unpleasant to think of.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You have passed the books by a full book.  There is no new info.  After Drogo died Khaleesi and some of her chamber maids would have some good times.  It is known.  It was also the equivalent of 3+ seasons ago, so it's not new news.

By reading the books, I know nothing that you don't know.  Actually more confused, because things are going much differently.

But it is not unpleasant to think of.

I'm just saying, let those of us who haven't go in with no hints, references, or things that may be to come. I get that you have no idea what's going to happen, but there are alternate things that have happened and nobody knows if they've pulled anything from anywhere. There's no point in telling anyone that hasn't read the books what has happened in the books. At least not until next season is over.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Also I don't know how HBO isn't going going to do some sort of spinoff or prequel series once S7 is over. This is too big and too profitable of a franchise to just let it end and HBO is in too heavy a competition with Netflix right now to just let their biggest one go.

Even though you know how Robert's Rebellion ends, that could make a great series.  Robert and Ned going off to live in the Vale, the Mad King descending into madness, young Jaime and Cersei.  Rhaegar and Lyanna. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Even though you know how Robert's Rebellion ends, that could make a great series.  Robert and Ned going off to live in the Vale, the Mad King descending into madness, young Jaime and Cersei.  Rhaegar and Lyanna. 

I'd like to see Dorne. Bring back Oberyn, get into some more of the history of the Martells. Seems like a fascinating place.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd like to see Dorne. Bring back Oberyn, get into some more of the history of the Martells. Seems like a fascinating place.

Yes.  

I still think we aren't don't with Dorne, they are going to invade.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I haven't read a single word of the books, but everything the show has offered about the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion is so fascinating to me. I really hope they dive into that big time with Bran's realtime flashbacks next season. 

Whether they do or don't though, it would be a really cool spinoff. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I haven't read a single word of the books, but everything the show has offered about the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion is so fascinating to me. I really hope they dive into that big time with Bran's realtime flashbacks next season. 

Whether they do or don't though, it would be a really cool spinoff. 

Biggest thing is, he wasn't always mad.  Then he starts his descent, something happens, he becomes paranoid, and goes really nuts.  Like what he does to Ned's father/brother. 

"You want a trial by combat?  Fine, my champion is fire."  (that is also in the show, so no spoilers there)

43 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Biggest thing is, he wasn't always mad.  Then he starts his descent, something happens, he becomes paranoid, and goes really nuts.  Like what he does to Ned's father/brother. 

"You want a trial by combat?  Fine, my champion is fire."  (that is also in the show, so no spoilers there)

Exactly. 

I want to see this transformation. I also want to learn about Raeghar and Lyanna and young Ned. I want to see the battles for Robert's rebellions. I want to see this amazing fighter that the Blackfish was supposed to be, and why Jon Arryn was killed off in the first episode of the series. I want to see Westeros before Jaime and Cercei. Apart from that, I want to know more about the children of the forest and what they were up to between the time they created the night king and the time this series started. In fact, I want to see what caused them to create the night king (I know they explained this earlier this season, but I want to see the roots of it). I want to know what the hell is up with the three eyed raven who apparently could see the entire history and future of the Thrones world, but couldn't see Bran reaching for that root. I want his origin story. And (according to one fan theory) I want to see if present day Bran really is the "talking wind" that caused Aerys to go "mad" in the first place, setting off all of the rest of this. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Exactly. 

I want to see this transformation. I also want to learn about Raeghar and Lyanna and young Ned. I want to see the battles for Robert's rebellions. I want to see this amazing fighter that the Blackfish was supposed to be, and why Jon Arryn was killed off in the first episode of the series. I want to see Westeros before Jaime and Cercei. Apart from that, I want to know more about the children of the forest and what they were up to between the time they created the night king and the time this series started. In fact, I want to see what caused them to create the night king (I know they explained this earlier this season, but I want to see the roots of it). I want to know what the hell is up with the three eyed raven who apparently could see the entire history and future of the Thrones world, but couldn't see Bran reaching for that root. I want his origin story. And (according to one fan theory) I want to see if present day Bran really is the "talking wind" that caused Aerys to go "mad" in the first place, setting off all of the rest of this. 

Wow.

Well, that would be a long story.  The Children of the Forrest made the White Walkers about 8000 years ago in the first war with the men.  They also tried to rip the continent in half and failed.  Jon Arryn was killed because he realized that Cersei's kids were not Robert's, hence "the seed is strong", but that is in the series.  If you get into back stories, read Wikipedia of Fire and Ice.  It has everything about any character ever mentioned.  It's addicting. 

But I agree.   To see Rhaegar, to see young Robert, who was this great, powerful man, who didn't use a sword but a giant war hammer. 

And further back, to see what happened to Old Valyria, how it was destroyed, how the Targaryens escaped, and how they took over with their dragons.  To watch the dragon show up and MELT Harrenhall.  Melt the stone castle towers. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also the one thing we need to be talking about is why the **** didn't Rickon zig-zag? Wasn't that obvious enough even for such a stupid little sh*t like him? Who the hell runs straight when they're getting shot at by arrows?

Why didn't he pull out his cell phone and call an Uber ?

• Upvote 1