GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It paid us back for Dorne, for the House of Black and White, and for all that Sparrow sh*t. I had some doubts whether they'd reward us for some of that tedium (in a way that books often don't). But, damn, that was excellent. They peeled away so much fat over the course of two episodes, and they did it with such prejudice and poetry that it retroactively validated every second of lag from the prior three seasons. I wonder to what degree that's due to the show moving beyond the books, giving the show runners more freedom to reward the viewer, as opposed to Martin, who seemed to love torturing the reader.

Well said. When Cersei blew it all up, it was like she was getting revenge for all of us.

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well said. When Cersei blew it all up, it was like she was getting revenge for all of us.

Cersei getting dressed in her Queen garb even before the wildfire ignited was ****img awesome. Reminded me in some ways of the prison murders scene from Breaking Bad where Cranston is feeding the baby.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cersei getting dressed in her Queen garb even before the wildfire ignited was ****img awesome. Reminded me in some ways of the prison murders scene from Breaking Bad where Cranston is feeding the baby.

Now? TODAY?? You're not going to die today. You're not going to die for quite a while. Sir Gregor!

This is Sir Gregor. He's quiet too.

• Upvote 2

That was absolutely awesome.

They paid the book readers back by putting a lot of the omitted stuff in with a different context ("Fire and Blood", Little birds with knives, Frey Pies, Wyman Manderly). Lyanna Morment and the atcress who plays her has been outstanding.

Cersei as queen was epic. She's got nothing to lose and all the power. Even Jaime looked terrified of the prospect. 

They've setup Dany vs Cersei and Jon vs Littlefinger brilliantly - The resentful look in LF's eyes as Jon was declared KITN was epic. 

Dany better run into some serious setbacks soon though because as it is she looks unstoppable. 

• Upvote 2

benjen tells bran and meera that the wall is protected by magic which doesn't allow the dead to pass.

the same magic that was protecting the three eyed ravens and children of the forest tree cave.

the same magic that bran screwed up by getting marked by the night king.  

does bran realize this?  he's going to take down the wall.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now? TODAY?? You're not going to die today. You're not going to die for quite a while. Sir Gregor!

This is Sir Gregor. He's quiet too.

Deciding to throw Tommen's ashes in with the Sept. Low-key, glorious Cersei moment

• Upvote 2

So, if Jon Snow is the son of a Leanna and Raygar, then he's not just the rightful heir to Winterfell as a true Stark, but also the 7 Kingdoms as a true descendant of a Targaryen. Kind of inconvenient for Danneryasssssssss. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, if Jon Snow is the son of a Leanna and Raygar, then he's not just the rightful heir to Winterfell as a true Stark, but also the 7 Kingdoms as a true descendant of a Targaryen. Kind of inconvenient for Danneryasssssssss. 

Not exactly.  Rhaegar Targaryen was married to Ellia Martell, not Lyanna Stark.  So unless they had some secret wedding Jon Snow is still a bastard.  But Rhaegar's bastard and not Ned's.

also Jon would not have a legit claim to the north as he's Ned's nephew and not son.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Even greater throwback would be to the baptism scene in Godfather.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

Not exactly.  Rhaegar Targaryen was married to Ellia Martell, not Lyanna Stark.  So unless they had some secret wedding Jon Snow is still a bastard.  But Rhaegar's bastard and not Ned's.

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, I actually don't think he's the rightful heir to anything, still.  So, it will be interesting.  But, I also don't think the story ends with a king, or queen at the throne.  I think Cersei is the last true ruler... Kind of like Trump.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yeah, I actually don't think he's the rightful heir to anything, still.  So, it will be interesting.  But, I also don't think the story ends with a king, or queen at the throne.  I think Cersei is the last true ruler... Kind of like Trump.

once bran the destroyer knocks down the wall someone is going to have to rebuild it.  and the white walkers should have to pay for it #makewesterosgreatagain

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

also Jon would not have a legit claim to the north as he's Ned's nephew and not son.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yup. You guys are right... I realized it after thinking about it more.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He's a bastard son of Rhaegar, and he's further down the line for the North as he's not Ned's son.

I don't think he wants the throne, he just wants the north, the way it was before.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'd also give 1:1 odds that both the Blackfish and Stannis are alive. Those pieces of dialogue in the finale went out of their way to mention both of them. 

I think they are both dead.  Blackfish for sure, the soldiers would not have lied to Jamie.

Brienne loved Renley, and Stannis murdered him with Black Blood Magic or whatever it's called. 

So I had a good night's sleep to reflect on everything:

1. Season 7 has gotta be half and half, right? Like 3-4 episodes for Dany's conquest and the next 3-4 for the Night King.

2. I don't care who wins. Everyone is awesome. Cersei is awesome. Dany is awesome, Jon is awesome. The only thing I do care about? Arya's revenge tour. Don't deprive the audience of that. I don't know how the **** she morphed into my favorite character but it happened damn quickly. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I had a good night's sleep to reflect on everything:

1. Season 7 has gotta be half and half, right? Like 3-4 episodes for Dany's conquest and the next 3-4 for the Night King.

2. I don't care who wins. Everyone is awesome. Cersei is awesome. Dany is awesome, Jon is awesome. The only thing I do care about? Arya's revenge tour. Don't deprive the audience of that. I don't know how the **** she morphed into my favorite character but it happened damn quickly. 

2 more seasons, about 13 episodes total by what they are saying.  I honestly think they wanted it done in one more, but realized that they couldn't do it.

Arya,  so awesome.  As soon as I saw the one woman eyeing Jaime, I was pretty sure it was her.   Great scene.

My long term predicitons.  This is just stuff I've been thinking on for a while, not from any website or book or anything other than my befuddled brain.

Jaime kills Cersei.  Maybe even, she sees the fleet coming, and like the Mad King before her, realizes she is doomed and wants to ignite more wild fire and burn the whole city.  Just as he saved the city before by killing his king, now he kills his sister to save it again. 

Khaleesi marries Jaime.  She will marry to solidify her power.  Who else is there?  I don't think she'd marry Jon, he's her nephew, and it just seems  wrong.  Tyrion may convince her what Jaime did was for the best, and Tyrion will not want his family utterly destroyed.  There are no men in Dorne for her to marry of any worth, nor are there any Tyrells.  Jon/ Sansa becomes the King of the North, but makes the same vows Ned made to Robert, and Robert would have made to Renley. 

The Hound becomes the leader of the Men without Banners, and gains the power of the flaming sword that Beric had several seasons ago. 

OK, rip it apart!!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

So I just found out that Benioff and Weiss wrote "Flowers for Charlie," a brilliant episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It is my favorite episode, I have probably watched it a dozen times. The last scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A&ebc=ANyPxKpK88_fnbpNxd2pb2woqmf9_FGXSHxaAqvtfPgFxTjlx8rRNlLbd-TlTIgronaCummWa72y

wow, what? really?!

Wow, after battle of the bastards I didnt think it was possible for the finale to be such over the top awesomeness!  I cant think of a single episode of any show that was front to back, that amazing!  I kept pausing it to see where I was in the episode thinking it had to be over just to be blown away by the content of the next 10 mins over and over again.  fantastic!

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2016 at 10:42 AM, chirorob said:

My long term predicitons.  This is just stuff I've been thinking on for a while, not from any website or book or anything other than my befuddled brain.

Jaime kills Cersei.  Maybe even, she sees the fleet coming, and like the Mad King before her, realizes she is doomed and wants to ignite more wild fire and burn the whole city.  Just as he saved the city before by killing his king, now he kills his sister to save it again. 

Khaleesi marries Jaime.  She will marry to solidify her power.  Who else is there?  I don't think she'd marry Jon, he's her nephew, and it just seems  wrong.  Tyrion may convince her what Jaime did was for the best, and Tyrion will not want his family utterly destroyed.  There are no men in Dorne for her to marry of any worth, nor are there any Tyrells.  Jon/ Sansa becomes the King of the North, but makes the same vows Ned made to Robert, and Robert would have made to Renley. 

The Hound becomes the leader of the Men without Banners, and gains the power of the flaming sword that Beric had several seasons ago. 

OK, rip it apart!!

The biggest villain in Game of Thrones is Littlefinger, is now, always has been. He's not like Joffrey and Ramsey, where everything he done is out-front, over-the-top dooshy, and damning... which ultimately forces confrontation and death. He works in the background, and he's done so brilliantly. He's easy to under-estimate, yet often manipulates things to his advantage. People forget that when he engineered Joffrey's assassination that it doesn't make Littlefinger a "good guy", he just killed off a character fans all hated. He was still self-serving in his actions and you saw in his pursuit of Sansa as a wife how that Joffrey kill, plus the sh*t he pulled at the Vail, all had an endgame in mind for him.

He's not going to sit idly by. I cannot wait to see how they feature him over the final two seasons... I feel he's been under-utilized with the fixation on Ramsey, and them digging themselves out of that horrible Arya storyline. That was probably the worst preoccupation of the whole show. I'm glad they brought her back to relevancy, and gave the whole "faces" experience some purpose.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The biggest villain in Game of Thrones is Littlefinger, is now, always has been. He's not like Joffrey and Ramsey, where everything he done is out-front, over-the-top dooshy, and damning... which ultimately forces confrontation and death. He works in the background, and he's done so brilliantly. He's easy to under-estimate, yet often manipulates things to his advantage. People forget that when he engineered Joffrey's assassination that it doesn't make Littlefinger a "good guy", he just killed off a character fans all hated. He was still self-serving in his actions and you saw in his pursuit of Sansa as a wife how that Joffrey kill, plus the sh*t he pulled at the Vail, all had an endgame in mind for him.

He's not going to sit idly by. I cannot wait to see how they feature him over the final two seasons... I feel he's been under-utilized with the fixation on Ramsey, and them digging themselves out of that horrible Arya storyline. That was probably the worst preoccupation of the whole show. I'm glad they brought her back to relevancy, and gave the whole "faces" experience some purpose.

He killed Jon Arryn, which made Ned become the Hand of the King.   He pushed the Starks and Lannisters towards war.   He is totally evil. 

But, the way he is written, it's hard to do a whole show about him.  He doesn't have much of his own army, rather he pushes others into fighting for him.

• Upvote 1